[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of Psycho-Pass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

File: 603580.jpg (1MB, 1655x1556px) Image search: [Google]
603580.jpg
1MB, 1655x1556px
What did you think of Psycho-Pass?
>>
Just rewatched this. Hard to top the first season but the second season is good enough. Need to rewatch the movie since I wasn't paying attention the first time.
>>
I liked it. It needs a second season.
>>
File: 13414354356.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
13414354356.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
It was okay
>>
Season one is pretty awesome. The sequels are lame though.
>>
>>135692023
Kind of prophetic. It's almost exactly what the US Gov is doing right now >>>/pol/60089195.
Shame no season 2.
>>
>>135692023
Season 1 was one of the best sci-fi works I've seen in a while, across any genre.

Season 2 did literally everything wrong from characters to the plotlines. The new director forget everything that made season 1 interesting.
>>
season 2 was a fucking trainwreck that I really could have done without. So much setup and alluding only to have the most cop out bullshit ending
>>
>>135692231
I'm okay with this. When it has the shit that dictates who it fires at then I'll be worried.
>>
>>135692023
Only seen the first season. It was good up until the big twist where Sybil is a bunch of brains and at that point it just became completely retarded.
>>
>>135692315
Is that really a twist though? I mean what else would you expect it to be from the get go? It's either a brain/collection of brains or a computer which is technically the same thing.
>>
>>135692268
Is the movie good? Since the butcher is involved with it I would think it's up to snuff with the first season.
>>
>>135692201
S P O O K Y
P
O
O
K
Y

B O O G I E
O
O
G
I
E
>>
>>135692023
It started off really promising, but became shit in the second half of season 1. Season 2 is god awful.
>>
>>135692373
If it's a computer and wasn't a main plot point it would have been much better. As brains a bunch of things like crime coefficients "criminally asymptomatic" people and them not being able to even stun the main antagonist make no sense.
>>
>>135692492
Wasn't the tweest that the computer never had any intention of shooting the antagonist?
>>
S3 when?
>>
Season 1 is great. Season 2 doesn't exist. Movie is mediocre.
>>
>Season 1
I hated it
>Season 2
I really fucking hated it
>Movie
I hared it less than season 2 but more than season 1. I hope a 3rd season comes out so I can continue to subjugate myself to watching retarded shit that I hate.
>>
>>135692632
Your taste is like spaghetti gone bad.
>>
>>135692660
>mom's spaghetti
>>
>>135692437
Yeah the same team went to work on the movie rather than season 2, though I don't get why. I'm not personally into recap films but if you are then it's worth it.
>>
>>135692687
Vomit on your sweater already?
>>
Ubukata is such a fucking hack.
>>
S1 was really good

S2 was disappointing but I need to rewatch it, but I'm pretty sure it's bad

the movie was better than S2 but it was just ok.
>>
The dual wielding scene was the high point for me. Great show overall.
>>
>>135692542
It wanted to capture him and get his brain but they couldn't shoot him and Sybil didn't like him committing crimes.

This begs the question why didn't Sybil just put him in the stun range?

Also why doesn't it want the MCs brain since she seems to have the same type of thing going on?

There's a bunch of other stuff that's like "well if you're a bunch of brains why don't you just do X" which ruined the show for me.
>>
>>135692301
You see, debates like these is exactly why Psycho Pass is such an interesting and increasingly more relevant work: gun law simply doesn't work. You can either throw yourselves into the arms of a hobbesian state that will "ensure" your protection or you can protect yourself trusting your own flawed human judgement.

I'm by no means an authoritarian, even though I'm able recognize the virtues of one such government, but I do believe that one's personal freedom is of supreme value. Also, gun control just aggravates violence. Just look at Brazil, they are very restrictive about it but that doesn't stop Tyrone from killing all his enemies in the slums or that whitey that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. What do I know? Maybe gun laws are just a politically correct form of eugenics, having the poor remain stupid and violent (if not stupider and more violent). And I don't even own guns, hell, I never even fired a shot in my life.

Maybe one day we'll have Sybil to sort these things out for us. Better an absolute moral compass than several conflicting ones, I suppose.
>>
>>135692861
The idea that gun laws don't help and that firearms simply cannot be controlled is utterly ludicrous. Australia did it a decade ago and their gun crime rates dropped significantly, and mass shootings basically dissapeared. Gun control laws do work, the US just has a nearly unstoppable gun lobby and a really poorly worded constitutional amendment.
>>
>>135692780
If Sybil had unlocked the gun despite his crime coefficent being 0, the MC (I don't even remember her name) would have known that Sybil was some kind of sentient entity and I think keeping that a secret was of supreme importance to them.
>>
>>135693008
No see this is the retarded part. It could have just had his crime coefficient show up as like 120. they never would have known anything.

And plus I don't see why his crime coefficient wasn't super high in the first place. Sybil clearly knew who he was and that he was committing a bunch of crimes. His crime coefficient level was 0 because lolplotdevice.
>>
>>135693077
It is stupid that they never revealed how he was able to keep his coefficient at 0. Supposedly, that means that Sybil can't read him or determine his probability to commit a crime. But at the same time, they're watching him slit a girl's throat.
>>
>>135693077
The idea was that essentially the brain of the person themselves gave off some sort of guilty signal or certain "criminal" types of brainwaves that that Sybil could detect and someone being a criminal was based on that. It's not foolproof but I've accepted stupider plot devices.
>>
File: 1445433662030.jpg (36KB, 241x403px) Image search: [Google]
1445433662030.jpg
36KB, 241x403px
>>135693077
>>135693152
Or maybe they deliberately set his coefficient to 0 because they recognized his brilliance and wanted to keep him alive long enough to cut out his brain?

But then, they could've just set it to stun mode and brought him in, then intercepted him from the bureau's holding tanks with their absolute authority.

I don't know. Maybe I'm not smart enough.
>>
>>135692861
Gun laws don't matter in the slums in most cases. If said Tyrone is killing his enemies then that's fine, the underworld operates by a different code and they probably deserved it anyway.

But a random Billy getting jacked on meth and shooting up a school full of innocents is a problem. The ID feature from the /pol/ thread would at least prevent that.
>>
>>135693163
Yeah but if that's the case Sybil might as well be a computer. If it's a bunch of brains it should be able to go "oh hey this guy is committing tons of crimes wow we should do something about that" and "let's just stun him and get his brain".
>>
>>135693307
I wasn't really under the impression that the Sybil system was actually watching these events unfold. I thought it only got brain data from the cymatic scanners and used that to make judgments. That's also pretty dumb but that's the explanation.
>>
File: 1414034128596.gif (589KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
1414034128596.gif
589KB, 245x285px
Gino best boy
>>
>>135693414
You see towards the end of the season that MC is able to talk to Sybil through her gun, so they're definitely capable of direct observation.
>>
>>135693152
The guns may be "Sybil's Eyes" but they don't actually contain any cameras.
>>
After just watching both seasons, I dont get the hate for s2. I liked it a small bit more than s1. Going in I had expected Pinker than Loli or AO levels by how /a/ talks about it, so not getting it.
>>
>>135692023
Almost finished rewatching season juan. Probably won't rewatch season two. While season two may be pretty bad compared to S1, it is still better than a good majority of anime out there. I haven't watched the movie yet, and have no real motivation to.
I just want another cool sci-fi anime like Psycho-Pass to happen again.
>>
>>135693613
>>135693566
>>
>>135693636
It's just that Makishima is a hard act to follow. Little bitch ruined second season. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it though.
>>
File: tell me your secrets, cacti.jpg (29KB, 406x371px) Image search: [Google]
tell me your secrets, cacti.jpg
29KB, 406x371px
>>135693546
He was ok
>>
>>135693001
The same day as san berdino shootings, a guu in australia stabbed to death 8 school kids.
>>
>>135693657
>I haven't watched the movie yet
It hardly had anything to do with the second and first season. it's just akane dicking around in vietnam
>>
>>135693691
Yes, and if he had a gun he could have killed even more people.
>>
>>135693667
Watching little bitch suffer was great fun though
>>
>>135693725
If someone had a gun, he wouldnt have lived long enough to stab that many people. Based Texas proving this over and over again.
>>
>>135693715
I've heard generally decent things about the movie from a couple friends, but I really hate watching nip dubs unless it's really worth it.
>>
>>135693001
I don't want do derail this thread any further, even if I feel that this is relevant to the show's themes, but those statistics you speak of are generally more complicated to digest than what you make it seem. I suggest you read this article, anon, it's very interesting.
http://www.mintpressnews.com/the-facts-that-neither-side-wants-to-admit-about-gun-control/207152/

>>135693303
It just means that you're making a piece of technology worse. Imagine if you were legally obligated to winde a clock and that "automatic assault clocks" are now illegal. Doesn't make sense. Do you think the military or the police would adopt such a thing? And would they carry such weapons when off duty? Of course not.

I don't agree that Billy jacked on meth would be unable to go about his killing spree considering that there are more guns in the US than there are people. I wish I knew what the solution was for the gun violence without naming, of course, apartheid.

>>135693776
Texas has a bad reputation outside of the US, but the more I learn about the place, I can only assume that it's the last remnant of American in the US.
>>
Tries to be DEEP, but only dug itself a deep hole.
>>
I really enjoyed the first season since I'm a huge sucker for cyberpunk-esque shit, but so far I've been avoiding the second because all I've heard is how awful it is. Is it at least worth a watch or will it taint my memory of the first season?
>>
>>135693995
I have the same exact question. Also what about the movie? Is it any good or is it skippable?
>>
>>135693995
like >>135693657 said, it's pretty good by anime standards, just kind of meh compared to season 1. It won't taint your memory of the first season, you just won't remember season 2 the way you do season 1.
>>
>>135693995
Neither. It's pretty shit, but not nearly so shit as to make you dislike the first season.
>>
>>135693995
>>135694077
as always, people overreact on /a/.

The second season is >Ok. it's not great, hell, it's probably not even "good". But it has some decent scenes and some terrible scenes and some cool shit and some retarded shit.

It's ok.
>>
>>135694111
Ok, thanks might get around to it sometime.
>>
>>135693995
It's not a terrible movie, but it's not as good as the first season.
It's worth watching, as it ties up a few loose ends in the first season, and it goes deeper into how Sybil works.
>>135694077
The movie didn't make much sense compared to the series and most of it took place in a third world country. I liked it for the explosions and shitty english
>>
>>135693995
My two cents: it's just really, really bad compared to the first season. I would skip it, honestly, specially the movie which is completely pointless. Again: the second season only sucks because it had to live to the expectations of previous one. As it's own thing, it's fine, I guess, though I doubt anyone would call it genuinely good.

Skip it, anon, you can use your newly gained free time to watch some good 80s stuff like Gunbuster, or other good sci-fi shows like Kaiba.
>>
The second season isn't bad. No, its not as good as the first season, but its still interesting and explores some cool idea and concepts in the world that was created. I'd recommend watching it and making your own opinions. It's no where near as bad as the dive Rebuild 3.33 took from the series.
>>
>>135694456
The second season explores basically the exact same ideas as the first without any of the mystery, intrigue, or tact of the first. It's completely pointless.
>>
>>135692023
Never stuck around to watch the second season with best boy disappearing. Although I'm thinking of giving it a go anytime soon. Is season 2 good?
>>
>>135695852
I'm watching it at episode 5 right now, and it's okay. Just okay. There's a tangible drop in quality from season 1.

Feels like another Darker Than Black S2 situation. That is to say, a slightly above average season marred by the brilliance of its predecessor.
>>
>>135695979
What if they make a season three and bring kogami back?
>>
defenantely objectively top 5 anime of all time, much MUCH better then generic shounenshit like one punch man & hunter x hunter
>>
>>135696535
fucking wat? kill yourself
>>
>>135696165
Forget Kogami, when's that Akira Ishida enforcer coming back?
>>
>>135696803
Kagari escaped, he's still hasn't been found yet. That bastard.
>>
>>135692023
poor Hitman Reborn meets Blade Runner rip off
>>
>>135693001
There's no correlation between homicide rate and gun ownership. Of course gun crime went down, but it's no consolation to be stabbed or bludgeoned to death, violence and death is the same regardless of tool.
>>
>>135697970
Killing with a gun is easier and more efficient than killing with a melee weapon.
>>
>>135696535
Man you're a faggot. Filtered.
>>
HYYPAAAH OOOHHHTSS
>>
>>135697034
He was killed FFS
>>
Watched season one and two not too long ago.

Season one started off kind of odd, with the typical plot dumps and rookie cop drama things. But it got pretty good pretty fast, it had interesting character development, the twists were reasonable and it had a good antagonist. I especially liked how they managed to keep the balance of power believable. I've seen too much anime shift almost OP advantages from antagonists to protagonists from episode to episode but the way they ultimately found Shougo and how it ended were pretty well written.

Then season two came along and pretended to be retarded for four or five episodes. I was ready to drop it since they made it seem like the new antagonist had pretty much the same idea and means as Shougo, but they managed to make him interesting just in time. Ultimately, I didn't enjoy it as much as S1 and it wasn't as well written. They had a lot to work with, but decided it was best to not work on Mika's character at all and dump a ton of 'twists' at the end. The last episode was good, which is why I watched the movie.

The movie sucks. No character development, no impact on the world established in the two seasons. The movie made it seem the relationship between Akane and Kogami would be fleshed out or at least see some resolve, but they decided to shit all over themselves by letting Kogami go and that awful dialouge between Akane and Ginoza.
'btw Kogami escaped because my Dominator broke, even though I can hold my own against him in hand to hand combat and swore we'd take him in.'
>'Oh, that's ok.'
>'btw don't think about him. He's below you. He doesn't deserve you. He's just a terrorist now.'
>'Oh, you're right. I spent a few days with him and talked to him and he didn't seem to have changed and we even talked about motives, but I should probably pretend you're right. Oh Gino, you're always trying to take the burden xD'
Bad movie.
>>
I only watched Season 1. It was pretty retarded.

>incredibly technologically advanced society
>we have magic guns and scanners that can tell if you are someone who would commit crimes
>we find out that the murderer has been dodging our magic "you're a bad person" scanners so he can do his crimes undetected
>they don't find this out until after
>they have a database that has a full record of every Japanese citizen's magic criminality scans
>for some reason, when developing this whole system, no one's ever thought to code some software that alerts the police when someone hasn't had a checkup in months

>a guy with a helmet murders somebody
>OMG guys without our magic guns and magic scanners to tell us who is a criminal
>WE HAVE NO LEAD!!!!
>they worry about this for 20 minutes of the episode like this is an actual problem
>the problem is resolved by Ko going "I GOT IT! We'll do a BACKGROUND CHECK of the victim to look at people who would have a possible motive to want her dead, and those will be the suspects we investigate! I'm so smart!"
>this was a ground-breaking and clever idea that resolves the problem of the episode

>most predictable fucking deaths of all time, every character who dies is sure to give you a dozen obvious death flags ahead of time

>let's just keep reminding the audience that Ko is just a dog of the police. Let's have him give some speeches about it. And then when he runs from the police, we'll have a bit where we inform the audience that he is now a WILD DOG. WOW FUCKING BRAVO UROBUCHI

It's amazing that you guys like to talk about taste all day and muh mature animes but liked this retarded piece of shit that dares to call itself science fiction. Urobuchi is a hack.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.