[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me and the Devil Blues thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Me_and_the_Devil_Blues_manga.jpg (23KB, 220x292px) Image search: [Google]
Me_and_the_Devil_Blues_manga.jpg
23KB, 220x292px
So what exactly happened here? Are we just going to get one new volume every six years? Was it forced to go on hiatus again? Is volume five ever going to be translated by anybody? I can't find any anwers
>>
>>135688932
>Are we just going to get one new volume every six years? Was it forced to go on hiatus again?
The fuck you're talking about?
>>
Prison School happened
>>
is that dr dre?
>>
>>135689027

Here's what I've heard according to someone who claimed to be working on a translation: it went on hiatus due to legal issues, they got sorted out, and a fifth volume was able to be published but they had to go on another hiatus. By description, it sounds like it ends on another cliffhanger.
>>
Honestly, this manga is an insult to Robert Johnson. I hope it dies.
>>
>>135689129

>Insult

Why? It's nothing like his life was actually like but it's got great art and the story is good.

Did you not like the Love in Vain screenplay Scorsese almost made either?
>>
File: 664.png (468KB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
664.png
468KB, 1120x1600px
>>135689086
There was a new chapter last month, it's on break this issue and next chapter will be next month..
>>
>>135689220
>Why?
>It's nothing like his life
Or his music
>but it's got great art
I don't know about the newest volume, but the original ones were really rough in the art department.
>the story is good.
It's pretty shit. Where is it even going? The six fingers thing sure is dumb.
>>
>>135688932
>Is volume five ever going to be translated by anybody?
I'm translating Chapter 29 and, if all goes well, I'll continue translating Volume 5 for Illuminati.
>>
>>135688932
I was just thinking about this too. I don't like Prison School and I want this series to return with regularity. Or to just have a good end soon.
>>
>>135689304

The music hasn't come into play because he hasn't written any of it. There's pretty much nothing on his life anyway.

The art waaaas a bit rough at first, but not it looks almost like woodcarvings in the best way, at least for me.

It's not six fingers, it's a second hand.
>>
I did it for a previous thread but for your guys closure... A summary with pictures of the volume: http://pastebin.com/KPSFZ1b4
>>
>>135689392

Shit are you really? You are the waters of life, anon.
>>
>>135689086

That entire post is wrong. There were no legal issues, and it's still ongoing in the magazine.
>>
>>135689304
It's a fictionalized account of a legendary figure's life who was already mythologized extensively by the laymen. He's a more contemporary, Western version of Miyamoto Musashi. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it romanticizing his life and musical talents/abilities.

You can think whatever you want about the art and story, but you can't criticize something for being a romance of a deceased popular figure.
>>
>>135689392
What and when can we expect releases? Illuminati isn't well known for its quick releases, and that concerns me. Do you know if the cleaner is fast, or anything about the project beyond your basic job as translation?

Can you ask the rest of Illuminati to be more fucking transparent? It took some people a year to find out that there wasn't a translator for I Am A Hero.
>>
>>135691194
>What and when can we expect releases?
Ideally I'll have the chapter translated by next week, if not this weekend. The group leader I spoke to did mention that "the redraws are a nightmare".

Today was the first time I contacted Illuminati and I hadn't even read Devil Blues until two days ago, when I marathoned it. Initially I was only going to translate one chapter for a guy who's editing a doujin for me, but I changed my mind after actually reading the manga. As someone new to (and unaffiliated with) the group I can't push too hard, but hopefully we can work out a reasonable pace.
>>
File: smeg dig.jpg (108KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
smeg dig.jpg
108KB, 764x1024px
>>135691455
Alright, awesome! Thank you for the answers, and thank you for working on the manga. The redraws are certainly a nightmare - I can tell from just looking at the scans - so I suppose that's fair.

Here's hoping for the best, all around.
>>
>>135688932
dropped
>>
>>135688932

Why would a Japanese man want to do a Manga about Black American Music, when he has one about lewd pissing Japanese Teenagers?
>>
>>135691194
>isn't well known for its quick releases, and that concerns me
Beggars can't be choosers, bro.
>>
>>135691194
Mostly for translators being AWOL to be honest. That's why I am a Hero is two volumes behind.

>>135691455
Godspeed.
>>
Clyde is one of my favourite male characters in any manga.
>>
>>135693750
I'm not saying that it's something to complain about, I'm simply saying it's concerning because we're often uncertain if there will or will not be a release *ever*. With Volume 17 of I Am A Hero, it was expected to be released for quite a while until some Illuminati guy came on here and said they hadn't heard from their translator in over a month or something.

>>135694274
>Mostly for translators being AWOL to be honest.
What part of my post are you referring to? The lack of fast releases? I'm familiar with all of that; it would nonetheless help expedite any and/or all of Illuminati's projects if they communicated more regularly with the fanbase(s) or set up an Excel that marked progress or something. The latter's what Habanero Scans started to do.
>>
>>135695070
Habanero isn't a group to begin with, I mean it's a front. Of course it has to be open, because there exists nothing else.

>communicated more regularly
Probably, but the fact that no one checks their pages doesn't really help, even when they do publish any useful tidbit on progress. Or worse, it incites more aggression. They're always looking for new staff (and always openly announced that at least) and I don't think their situation has ever really improved.
>>
>>135695070
>Excel that marked progress or something
That was just me doing it once for stuff I'm working on. That being said, I already forgot about that thing, yet again.
>>
File: blame_v09_021.jpg (98KB, 739x1100px) Image search: [Google]
blame_v09_021.jpg
98KB, 739x1100px
>>135695140
>Habanero isn't a group to begin with, I mean it's a front. Of course it has to be open, because there exists nothing else.
?
>Or worse, it incites more aggression.
I've never heard about any of that. If so, that's unfortunate.

>>135695378
C'mon bro, I've reminded you like six times.
>>
>>135695544
Habanero at its core is a front for anonymous scanlations, not a group. Retards at MU don't accept releases if the group doesn't have a website. Now they do accept releases from groups that don't have a site and upload their shit straight to Batoto, though.
>>
File: rep28.jpg (139KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
rep28.jpg
139KB, 500x625px
>>135689129
Why would Robert Johnson be insulted? Is Hiramoto a republican?
>>
>>135696536
Well yeah, but most groups are "anonymous" in that you'll never know who the members are. The way you're using the word front is very misleading, though. Anyway, even if they have an IRC channel or something where they're identified, it's not like they're trying to get people to notice their name, unless there's a credits page on all of their releases. There's a marked distinction between refusal to take credit and simply not taking credit. Besides, Habanero's 'leader' lets me call him peppermint, so that's an "identity".
>>
>>135697060
>Habanero's 'leader' lets me call him peppermint,
You what
>>
File: Horrifying.jpg (80KB, 688x538px) Image search: [Google]
Horrifying.jpg
80KB, 688x538px
Clyde is the best part of this series.
>>
>>135697116
Roleplay
>>
>>135697060

I don't recall ever being called peppermint, but let's not make this weird.

As long as someone out there knows that a scanlation exists, I'm peachy.

That being said, I think v6 comes out soon, since v5 came out in July 2015.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.