[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT : best manga dads.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8

File: 019.jpg (275KB, 860x1350px) Image search: [Google]
019.jpg
275KB, 860x1350px
ITT : best manga dads.
>>
File: TOKAI.jpg (33KB, 400x278px) Image search: [Google]
TOKAI.jpg
33KB, 400x278px
Best dad
>>
>>135660959
Speaking in pragmatic terms, he did technically make Baki into a kind-hearted person with unbelievable power and authority, so you can't really complain about him doing bad things.

>>135661025
Tokai is one of the best characters in manga in general. Amazingly realistic depiction of a human being.
>>
>>135661663
I wasn't being ironic in the slightest.
>>
File: img000008.jpg (306KB, 765x1218px) Image search: [Google]
img000008.jpg
306KB, 765x1218px
>>135661688
Just checking breh. That whole arc was so psychologically intense, it's ridiculous. Gonna ask because I might as well - how did you read/interpret the ending of Son of Ogre?

I thought it was two things - the foremost being that Yuujiro realized that being a "human father" was not a bad thing, deciding that being a human was preferable; and thus handed his victory and title of Strongest Creature over to Baki who, now in possession of the title, rejected its legitimacy thereby abolishing the entire Strongest Creature title system. It explains why Baki is referred to as the "Strongest Boy on Earth" in Baki Dou, and why nobody has thus far referred to Yuujiro as "Strongest Creature", but rather as a "man".
The secondary one overlaps the first a bit - Yuujiro realized that he lost both in terms of imagination fighting - regarding the table flip - and also reacted like a human in response to it. Unable to say that he was the strongest in every style of fighting anymore and unable to say that he is indisputably a "creature", he revokes his own title, thus leading into the second half of the former explanation I provided.
>>
>>135661663
Tokai is the best, I should read Sanctuary again.
>>
File: 009.jpg (293KB, 786x1200px) Image search: [Google]
009.jpg
293KB, 786x1200px
>>135661949
I didn't really overanalyse it, to be honest. To me, it was just the natural conclusion of their whole relationship, with both of them being able to stand as "equals" after I-don't-even-know-anymore tomes of conflicts. Just a father and son having a good dinner, the soup being salty, and Yujiro recognizing there is someone able to threaten him. It was nothing too fancy, but it was an extremely sweet scene.
>>
File: 1451714295761.jpg (228KB, 739x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1451714295761.jpg
228KB, 739x1200px
Being the strongest is suffering.
>>
File: 1451714414297.jpg (236KB, 746x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1451714414297.jpg
236KB, 746x1200px
>>135662453
Deep shit.
>>
File: good times.png (692KB, 716x929px) Image search: [Google]
good times.png
692KB, 716x929px
>>135661949
Nice post, really rounds up what made that whole son-father quarrel so great.

Baki getting all teary-eyed and nervous as he's being praised by his father for the first time (or just having a "normal" family chat) was pretty endearing.
>>
File: Oyaji.png (1MB, 1986x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Oyaji.png
1MB, 1986x1400px
>>135662492
Not a troll post or anything, but reading through this part made me think of Yuujiro as a sort of "Dark Saitama". Instead of finding refuge from his immeasurable strength in sorrow/ennui like Saitama, Yuujiro found it in hatred and anger.

Melancholy of a Man and Glorious Light were probably the best chapters in that entire series; with the latter showing just how unbelievably miserable Yuujiro really felt in every moment. It's extremely difficult to write a character that is initially so unsympathetic and then turn him into someone you could actually feel empathy towards; mad props to Itagaki for managing it.

That being said, another contribution to this thread: pic related. Oyaji is the epitome of a real man and a father.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.