[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Q&A Translator of AKB49 Renai Kinshi Jourei

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: CPJXZbaUYAEP5UM.jpg (68KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CPJXZbaUYAEP5UM.jpg
68KB, 600x800px
Hey there, I'm EraMemory, translator of AKB49 Renai Kinshi Jourei manga, as well as translator of variety programs at AKB48 'official' fansub Aidol.

I realise there's been quite a lot of questions lately with the going down of Substitute Scans, and the disbandment of our groups, so I'd like to take the time here to answer a few questions.

Q) Is AKB49 going to be translated?
A) Yes. I am still working on AKB49 with some of the original gang, and as long as I have a drop of blood in my body, I will keep doing so. Releases are going to be inconsistent (or so I hear from the others, having problem obtaining high quality raws) but I'm still translating them as usual.

Q) Does Urayama Minoru/ Urakawa Minori really exist in the real AKB48?
A) No; she/he doesn't. Almost every member of the group past the 11th gen (Okabe onwards) are fictional. Conversely, every single member of the group prior to the 11th gen is real, though.

Q) Is AKB49 Renai Kinshi Jourei ending?
A) Yes; unfortunately so. The series will end at the end of this month, but it has been an ultimately fun ride, and I will continue to translate till the end.

If there are any other questions about AKB49, I'm here to entertain them. Questions about the real AKB48 are welcome too; I'm something of a walking encyclopedia for AKB48.

You can also check out the AKB49 Musical, performed by real AKB48 members, subbed by me, here: http://myaidol.net/akb49-renai-kinshi-jourei-the-musical-disc-2-owada-nana-ver/

A Happy 2016 to all of you!
>>
>>135654933
Y-you too
>>
Great, I thought the project would be dead
>>
>>135654933
Any fan worth their shit doesn't need things scanlated, least of all shitty jobs by amateurs who would completely bomb out on the ATA exams and likely couldn't even pass 日本語能力試験2級. All you do is enable lazy retards who don't really care about the content and will never support the people who produce it in a commercially meaningful manner.

You're not a proper translator, you're some fucking pleb looking for EOPs to suck your e-peen. Fuck off namefag.
>>
>>135655556
Hello there; it seems you have a lot of pent-up anger to take out on someone, and if it is directed at me, I am sorry to hear so.

I would like to assure you that I have passed my JLPT N1 exams about 2 years ago, and am currently working in Japan as a apprenticing mixologist in Bar ROSE and SAPPHIRE. I share your sentiments, and can see where they come from; over the years subbing and translating as a hobby, I have found many a sub/translation to be subpar or even downright horrendous, often due to a poor grasp in Japanese (and, at times, English). Even AKB49, prior to my induction as the main translator at around chapter 140, was fraught with horrible translations. In all humility, I do think myself as one of the better translators- if you pardon me sounding arrogant, the best, in fact, among those I've known- and I believe you will find my works satisfactory if you would give them a look, in particular on the Aidol site.

On another note, I agree to some extent that it would be ideal for fans to not require translation, possibly taking up the language out of passion. Nevertheless, I have always hoped, as a translator, to inspire such people to love a series as I do, and thus I do what I'm doing now.

I wish you a Happy New Year, dear sir.
>>
Will you do live translations of the series, like Boku Girl or Ballroom e Youkosou? The series seems fans seems to be dead in /a/ considering this thread.
>>
>>135655556
go back to reddit, faggot
>>
>>135654933
Thanks for all the work you've been doing. I've followed this series since the beginning and have enjoyed the ride. I'm sad it's ending but honestly it's been dragging way too long.
>>
>it's ending
I'd like an alternative ending where he is turned into a real girl as an act of god.
>>
>>135655556
>6
Disaster averted
>>
>>135654933
Thanks for all your work, OP! Also the rest of the group, esp. those still working on the series. Happy new year!
>>
File: 5_.jpg (140KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
5_.jpg
140KB, 700x525px
>>135654933
Here's a random one: This lineup supposedly contains parodies of Kashiwagi Yuki, Tomomi Itano, and Shinoda Mariko. Do the last two (silverhead and dark elf) look like anyone you know from AKB?
>>
File: 4907863-27.jpg (393KB, 856x1280px) Image search: [Google]
4907863-27.jpg
393KB, 856x1280px
>>135654933
Is Okabe blonde or pink?
>>
Is the manga worth it to read?
>>
>>135659578
Absolutely. It's like Eyeshield 21 with idols and crossdressing. It has wonderfully hateable villains, and some emotional moments that made me genuinely shed a tear.
>>
>>135654933
How did the manga get conceived? Did the author make a pitch to the publisher, who then approached AKB's management with the idea? Do the portrayals of real people go through a lot of vetting?
>>
>>135654933
Is the dream of an anime dead for good?
>>
>>135654933
>Q) Is AKB49 going to be translated?
>A) Yes. I am still working on AKB49 with some of the original gang, and as long as I have a drop of blood in my body, I will keep doing so.
Cheers, OP. You're a cool dude.
>>
>>135654933
How likely is a harem ending for Minoru?
>>
>>135657814
So a Needless ending?
>>
>>135654933
wich akb wud u fuk
>>
Thanks for all the hard work.

I'm actually working on my translation skills as well though I'm pretty far from being skilled myself.

Happy 2016.
>>
>>135663229
He only has eyes for Yoshinaga, so it seems highly unlikely.
>>
>>135659177
from left to right:
yukirin,tomochin,kojiharu(?),sasshi(?),mariko
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.