[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are people on /a/ right now who think Jin-Roh is a bad movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: jin+roh+wallpapers.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
jin+roh+wallpapers.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
>There are people on /a/ right now who think Jin-Roh is a bad movie
>>
>>135611128
>>
If I wanted to watch politics with occasional gunfights, I'd watch the news.
>>
>>135654413
I can't believe so many people complain about the pacing. I went into it not knowing anything about it, and I felt it wasn't boring at all. Is it because everyone only saw the action-y gifs/Webms and thought that those were a good representation of the entire movie?
>>
I don't like those people.
>>
>>135654495
I wouldn't have minded if there was politics in Jin Roh, but there wasn't even that, most of the movie was literally nothing.
>>
>>135655689
It's a mixture of misleading advertising and just being boring. And I say this as someone who enjoyed the 110 episodes of LotGH so I'm not against long scenes of talking but Jin Roh was fucking direly dull.
>>
>>135655689
Probably. Like the only .webm of the movie you see on /a/ is the one where Henmi gets shot
>>
>>135655751
I'd hardly call it "misleading adverising" considering there's now way to make a 30 second clip of political espionage, or the formation of a relationship interesting, that's something that takes the entire movie to develop. The only scenes that make sense as an advertisement are the action packed ones.
>>
Jin Roh is a soporific movie
>>
>>135654413
>>135655731
>>135655751
>>135655869

Am I being gas lighted or something?
>>
>>135655689
I went in completely dry and I still think it's a disappointment.
>>
>>135655938
You're just being paranoid
>>
>>135656489
I'm just making a joke referring to the fact that it seems like everyone had a different experience than me. Obviously in reality it's just a matter of opinion.
>>
>>135656544
You'll understand it when you've watched more anime
>>
>>135655844
>>135656444
>>135656544

How is this possible?
>>
>>135656583
People will watched entire series about someone's daily uneventful life, but can't sit still during a few scenes of exposition and characterization?
>>
The nature of the story was something i'd seen before and because of that, I found it underwhelming when I didn't get my violent action thriller.
>>
It could have done without all the scenes where the MC has character interactions were someone says something to him, waits for response, and he remains silent in a 'stoic' manner.
>>
>>135656662
It wasn't interesting exposition, the political intrigue side was nothing special, it was boring plot about one section of the police force wanting to get rid of another. It made no use of the larger setting of a world run by the nazis and focused on a set of very boring characters and a pretty uninteresting conspiracy.
>>
>>135656662
The problem with the movie was its poor execution.

Forgot about those boring politic drivel. Even if you look at this story from a psychological angle, a story about a man grasping to what little humanity he has left while asking to himself a philosophical question that is central to the movie's theme, that is "Am I human or a tool?", the message just falls completely flat.
>>
File: 1437296078604.jpg (318KB, 640x3808px) Image search: [Google]
1437296078604.jpg
318KB, 640x3808px
>>
File: 1404321413991.png (263KB, 966x972px) Image search: [Google]
1404321413991.png
263KB, 966x972px
>>135656991
My sides
>>
>>135656929
I'm not good at explaining this kind of thing, so I doubt I'll be able to sell it to you, but it wasn't just about the "am I human or a tool?" question, but about how the conspiracy/plan involved using the MC humanity as a tool. Everyone knew he was supposed to just be a tool, but he disobeyed orders because of his humanity. Throughout the movie the characterization scenes portray him as suffering from an internal conflict of being a Wolf, a member of the special unit, a tool, and a human. The cliché thing to do would be to have him choose his humane side over his sense of duty, but in the end he follows through with his mission, the mission he had all along, despite never resolving his internal conflict.
>>
>>135656880

This pretty much.

Why do Japs have such a hard on for rival agencies conspiring to murder each other? Sure, a little friendly rivalry is common. But to fight each other more than the enemy does not make sense.
>>
>>135658184
The reason it seems like they fight each other more than the enemy is because the movie is showing the climax of all the tension between them. It's like complaining that most of a war movie is fighting despite the fact that most of the time a solider is just sitting at a base.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.