[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it make you feel knowing that there will never again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2518x2647px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2518x2647px
How does it make you feel knowing that there will never again be a new anime with art that looks like this?
>>
>>135648459
Pretty okay? There are tons of series with better visuals than Berserk.
>>
*new berserk anime with art that looks like this
Pretty bad.
>>
>>135648511
Of course there is, was just wondering if this fact is upsetting to people who mighr be nostalgic towards this kind of art style.
>>
>>135648459
Too bad Berserk needs more than some good stills
>>
File: 1248958222582.jpg (1MB, 1280x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1248958222582.jpg
1MB, 1280x4000px
>>
It's cool
>>
>>135648769
Well no one is talking about animation, and I don't think one side is better than the other. But you can't objectively say that the art style is the same on both sides. They are different and the "old style" is never coming back.
>>
>>135648459
Background art looks too saturated now.
>>
>>135648769
whats the one with in the first new box?
>>
>>135649161
On the "new" side? 5 cm/s
>>
>>135648769
Maltesers are literally a meme candy created to force Whoppers out of Cinemark theaters.
>>
>>135649270
Thanks for the knowledge senpai
>>
>>135648769
>quality of animation depends on how much budget it had
That's good to hear, up until know I thought I had to work hard and hone my skills to become a good animator. I should have just thrown money at it instead.
>>
>>135649292
Well, rather I should say the revamped marketing campaign in the past years.
They've actually been around since the 30's or 40's.
>>
>>135649307
Good production staff work to ensure quality.

The more the budget, the better the chances you'll be paying a better producer, who in turn will hire a good animation director, who will know good talent and get the best work out of them.

No typical anime is made by one single animator.

That image isn't saying you shouldn't work hard at all.
>>
>>135649486
>The more the budget, the better the chances you'll be paying a better producer
I don't think there's a single producer that won't have trouble doing their job
>>
>>135649528
Doing a job=doing a job well?
No, of course not.
>>
>>135649566
Doesn't mean a good one is magically gonna have it easy
>>
>>135649307
You gonna animate for free? Or are you expecting to get paid, perhaps out of their budget, to draw 20k-odd frames?
>>
>>135649646
Of course not, but with a better budget, a good producer will be able to get better staff which increases the likelihood of a better program. It's in no way a guarantee though.
>>
>>135649704
>a good producer will be able to get better staff
How?
>>
>>135649307
>wanting quality for the same price as shit
you get what you pay for faggot
>>
>>135648459
>being this much of a nostalgiafag for stills
>>
>>135649735
I'm assuming you know very little about how production works (this isn't exclusive to anime either). Likely they'll have been in the business for a longer time, possibly even former animators or directors themselves, which means they've got connections and they know talent. They also know people who know people that have talent and have connections. In short, they serve as a nexus for a network of very talented people (including animators, writers, directors, composers, VAs, songwriters, etc.). They also have the ultimate responsibility to make sure all the parts come together successfully.
If we liken the director to the captain of the ship, the producer is the admiral standing over his shoulder making sure the entire exercise is fruitful.

A good admiral makes sure his captain has all the best tools possible and occasionally will weigh in with an outside perspective to augment and strengthen a captain's already capable knowledge.

Let's call an animator a Seaman recruit or apprentice or what have you. Well would you rather that the officers in charge of them are talented or bumbling idiots? No, and while Captains do assign ranks and such, they can't be responsible for everything the animators at the bottom of the rung are doing, so the director brings along a trusted warrant officer to serve as his animation director and keep the small fish working at peak.

It's not a perfect analogy, but I hope it helps.

Furthermore, as it isn't perfect and the staff can oftentimes move around studios very easily and aren't enlisted or commissioned all the time, the producer can use money to entice the better captains and their trusted staff to collaborate on a project. If you have a larger pool of candidates to choose from thanks to a larger network (and that money to bring in the best people), you can create all the dream teams in the world. Although there's still no guarantee of success--see Aldnoah.Zero for a recent example.
>>
>>135650299
I'm not sure this is a good analogy for /a/, but it's like a sports coach, particularly American football because of the large number of roles and big staff. Coaches belong to a tree of people that they worked under or with that they can bring to a program. The most sought-after coaches in the country are often prized because of the tree they belong to. The Urban Meyer coaching tree has spawned new successful head coaches at MANY schools, and the reason he has such a high winning percentage is because of his deep web of connections, such that he can keep filling in qualified people for jobs even when the old ones leave for a bigger job.
>>
Dark and realistic anime looked better with cel animation but artsy and stylized looks better with digital. Depends what you're into.

Also, Berserk had some nice stills but the animation was power point-tier.
>>
>>135650921
That's actually pretty good, maybe better than mine because it accounts for the fluidity and flexibility that so many of the anime professionals can have.
>>
Ufotable's anime > cel shit
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.