[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this Makoto Shinkai's next big hit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Your Name Poster.jpg (98KB, 452x640px) Image search: [Google]
Your Name Poster.jpg
98KB, 452x640px
Is this Makoto Shinkai's next big hit?
>>
More like next big shit.
>>
Is it a feature length?
>>
>>135622795
This. God that guy has nothing to say it's a fucking waste
Why can't he let someone write a scenario for him
>>
>>135622855
He should just make keitai.
>>
>>135622795
>>135622855
I've only seen Garden of Words but it was pretty good. It felt a bit pretentious and would probably have profited from another 15 minutes of runtime, but overall it's good.
>>
>>135622783
I hope not, he's too popular on Reddit and MAL so he needs to disappear.
>>
>>135622783
Weren't there some nuclear armed jets in the preview? Maybe nuclear war will be a theme.
>inb4 the comets are actually missiles
>>
>>135622886
That is Keit-Ai.
>>
Looks like a shitty Keit-Ai knockoff to me.
>>
>>135622855
Voices from a Distant Star certainly wasn't original by any measure, but it adapted an already explored concept into a more consumable format (time dilation from near FTL travel as a vehicle to express the gaps that grow between childhood lovers as they age).

The problem with him is that all he has to talk about is how young love is fragile. He made an interesting take on it with Voices, but everything else is just like, "Okay, people grow apart. And?" Other than being visually impressive, he's got nothing to offer.
>>
>>135622969
Why should anyone care where he's popular?
>>
>>135629218
>but it adapted an already explored concept into a more consumable format
Well, Gunbuster?
>>
Is Shinkai the Shyamalan of anime?
>>
>>135630209
Like I said, already explored. But you can't argue that the predominant presentation of young love in Voices is easier for a larger crowd to identify with compared to the primary focus of sci-fi space battles presenting human connection through implication and allegory as seen in Gunbuster.

Voices is outright and in your face--these people, who were in love, are growing apart. Oh, yeah, it's got something to do with time dilation. Sci-fi takes a backseat to the romance, as most of the sci-fi is simply spoken about until the final scenes explicitly depict space combat. The time dilation stuff is a convenient, neat vehicle but ultimately totally unnecessary for the romance to be a meaningful story.

Gunbuster is slightly more subtle--there's a massive space war going on, with all the ramifications of that, and these people suffer from totally normal shit you'd expect young soldiers to suffer from. The sci-fi and the characters are equally important, and both individual parts need the other to form a meaningful story.
>>
>>135630608
No?
>>
>all this thread

To this day i will never understand that people take chinese cartoons so seriously and can get so fucking mad over some manchildren cartoon

holy shit
>>
>>135631947
Thank you for your input. Now get >>>/out/
>>
>>135631947
>puerile distillation and platitude

Uh huh. Tell me more about your intellectual superiority.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.