[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the anime kill the Watamote hype?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1373909695201.jpg (210KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1373909695201.jpg
210KB, 1440x810px
Did the anime kill the Watamote hype?
>>
I think Watamote TV is pretty nice anime, with all charm of the original manga. Sad, there won`t be S2.
>>
>>135615247
I think the Manga being nothing but the same joke over and over killed the watamote hype
>>
watamote being shit killed the watamote hype
>>
I believe Watamote killed the Watamote hype
>>
Tomoko is a shit
>>
The manga hasn't made any real character progression for like 40-50 chapters and they can only do the same shit so much.

The author forgot what made the series alright to begin with by forgetting that every so often we need to feel bad for tomoko instead of always just laughing at how horrible a person she is. What happened to the Tomoko who every so often realizes her own shortcomings. All it's been for a while is "Tomoko is an asshole who occasionally has something bad happen to her."
>>
File: adult_Tomoko.png (378KB, 1299x1440px) Image search: [Google]
adult_Tomoko.png
378KB, 1299x1440px
Nice idea - spin-off about adult Tomoko and her life. Still lonely, dislike her job, anxious etc. I really want to see it.
>>
>>135615247
I honestly thought the anime was pretty good.
>>
>>135615893
>Tomoko made no character progression.

Tomo' has like 6 friends now, 7 if you include Sheep-chan who is going to turn reverse-creeper.
>>
>>135615247
The anime moefied her and made her mainstream, so yes.
>>
Japan hates comedies.
>>
>>135616181
OL Tomoko would be even more depressing than high school Tomoko.
>>
>>135615893
>The manga hasn't made any real character progression for like 40-50 chapters

Tomoko now has a full blown harem. It's gone through a lot of progression.

>Loner Tomoko, Tomoki
>Yuu-Chan, Kii-chan
>Student Council President, Shitty teacher
>Komi-something
>Delinquent, Sheep-chan, Yuri, Nemoto and her new rival

There's been a whole bunch of new situations with new characters. She can even talk to hot guys now, not to mention work with them.
>>
Le meme spaghetti-chan kids rode it into the ground but since they have fucked off for the newest flavour of the month, Watamote readership has returned to normal levels.

Tomoko's Nendoroid commands a premium on the second hand market these days and is highly sought after.
>>
File: 1379614497656.jpg (41KB, 450x453px) Image search: [Google]
1379614497656.jpg
41KB, 450x453px
>>135616181
>Tomoko
>working
>>
File: 54184451_p0_master1200.jpg (149KB, 901x1000px) Image search: [Google]
54184451_p0_master1200.jpg
149KB, 901x1000px
>>135616777
>>135616871
Yes, and lonely OL Tomoko with stupid boring job - that`s a really good plot for manga. Dark comedy about adult life.
>>
>>135616999
With the current rate of suicide in Japan a show like this is the last thing it needs.
>>
>>135615247

The manga is just boring now. There's been barely any development and the jokes are always the same.
>>
>>135617130
But real Watamote story is also very painful in some way. All these anxiety, loneliness and introversion.
>>
>>135615446
>>135617813
these guys get it
>>
>>135615247
Watamote killed the Watamote hype.

There are two reasons to watch or read a series like this:
The characters are funny - in this case Mojo really isn't all that funny.
You can make fun of the character if you're an asshole - again hard to do because the asshole otaku which would normally laugh at the characters in this case would be laughing at themselves.

In the end all that is left is a small group of people autistic enough to self insert into the Mojo.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.