[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really wanna get into the fate/ series but I don't wanna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1449533709902.jpg (4MB, 1346x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1449533709902.jpg
4MB, 1346x10000px
I really wanna get into the fate/ series but I don't wanna clock in all those hours for the F/SN VN, how much would I be missing if I just watched the anime?
>>
>I really wanna get into the fate/ series
no, you really wanna flee before the fatefags get here

just skim through the first route to get an ideea of what goes where, watch the ufo adaptation then immedeatly move to the loli fanservice mahou shoujou parody
>>
>>135604374
Watch Fate/zero. Then, supposing you liked it, watch Ufotable's Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works. If you have any questions about what happens in either show or about the setting in general, consult the Type-Moon wiki or browse through the relevant threads on 4chan or on Beast's Lair.

At some point you might want to watch Carnival Phantasm because it's sometimes pretty funny. Again, if you're curious about something you'd best consult the wiki or lurk the forums. It's not very hard to grasp most of the time, you can watch it with a superficial knowledge of most characters or sometimes even without any foreknowledge of any characters at all.

Some people might recommend you an anime with a title that contains the words Prisma Illya. These people are pedophiles and you should not engage them or listen to their advise.
>>
>>135604703
Shouldn't I watch Zero after I watch Fate/Stay Night like the chart says? Or is that outdated at this point?
>>
>>135604772
It's overcomplicating everything. It's not nearly as exhausting to get into Nasuverse stuff as that chart makes it out to be. Supposing you don't plan on reading the VN and don't know Japanese, that is.
>>
>>135604895
I do plan on reading the VN, just no any time soon. So I guess I just hop in on Zero into F/SN UBW?
>>
File: Giles.png (86KB, 195x265px) Image search: [Google]
Giles.png
86KB, 195x265px
>>135604982
F/SN and FZ spoil each other.

Playing F/SN first spoils the ending of of FZ, but almost all details about the plot are otherwise kept secret.

Watching F/Z first doesn't tell you much about the plot of F/SN, but reveals almost all of the secrets/twists of F/SN.

The UBW anime assumes you have seen F/Z.

If you are ever going to play F/SN, I would highly recommend just waiting on F/Z until after you have played it.

Otherwise, just watch F/Z and then UBW.

Stay away from the DEEN show and DEEN UBW movie.
>>
Just watch F/Z and then UBW
>>
>>135605310
Also, I personally think that the strength of the VN is that it uses 3 different stories to show different sides to the cast of characters. Any of the routes taken individually are kind of lacking as far as characterization goes, but as a set they make Emiya Shirou into a really excellent character.

The UBW anime is cool and does a pretty solid job as an adaptation of one route, but the story is a bit one dimensional without the other two routes to synergize with.
>>
>I really wanna get into the fate/ series

Why is this? Do people just see all the shitposting and autism that comes with Fate and say "Wow, that looks great, I wish I was informed enough to partake in this."?
>>
>>135605310
>>135605543
Fug. I guess I should just jump straight into the VN.

>>135605546
I don't go into the threads at all, it was just something that I found interesting with the other shit in the Nasuverse.
>>
>>135605546
Fate has a pretty awesome premise, its easy to want to get into it just from hearing "modern day wizards summon historical figures to fight each other with".

Also, any media that has this many people talking about it for this long has to be noteworthy in some way. It could be fantastic, it could be terrible, it could be super accessible/gateway. No one talks about average stuff for very long.
>>
>>135605621
The VN is a lot easier to tackle if you think of it as three separate games rather than one 100+ hour game.

Play route #1, then take a break if you are starting to feel burnt out. Watch or play something else, come back in a few days or a week.

No reason to binge, its not going anywhere.
>>
>>135604374
Going through all that is One Punch Man's secret training regiment.
>>
Fate route takes around 20 hours to finish. It's as long as Half Life 2.

As the other anon said, the experience of playing FS/N changes considerably depending on whether you've watched Fate/Zero. As someone who watched the prequel first, I can tell you they are both very well linked together, the game feels like a true sequel in almost every aspect. And even though you're getting spoiled most of the twists and secrets behind the plot of the game, it's more of an added bonus kind of thing and not frustrating at all. Besides, the big twist for the second route is left completely unspoiled.
>>
>>135605708
This is also very important to consider.

The 'definitive' version of FS/N (called 'Realta Nua') is literally three separate games. There's no route switching.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.