[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the only instance where the anime was vastly superior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (277KB, 934x678px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 934x678px
Is this the only instance where the anime was vastly superior to the manga?
>>
>>135592907
Usually the adaptation is worse.
>>
Well, the manga came after, in Evas case so.
>>
>>135592907
No, it's almost always the case with manga that come after the animated series. On top of that the only problem you usually have with anime based on manga is if the art is adapted badly and it doesn't have a proper budget to make good animated scenes. If it's done well though, then it will automatically surpass the original. Just take any madhouse or bones adaptation.
>>
>>135592907
Not really sure why you think that because the Evangelion manga was not inferior in the slightest. It covered the exact same stuff but added more developed characters because it had time to do that.

Ryoji's backstory + seeing what 2nd impact did to the world outside of the neo-tokyo utopia is some of the best shit in the franchise

Did you read it or are you just riding the circlejerk leftover from 2 days ago?
>>
>>135594062
>the Evangelion manga was not inferior in the slightest.

Shinji deciding to start 3rd impact even after he saved Asuka (her death was the trigger in the movie) was pure shit writing amd the proof that Sakamoto was a coward afraid of taking a new direction.
>>
>>135594062
It lacked as creative shot composition, the narrative was more plain instead of as puzzle-like, the characters are explore in a more simpler manner through plain dialogue, it lacks the great animated sequences of Yoshinari and Iso. The fights aren't really framed that well.

The whole ending is different, not as impactful and written a lot worse.

Sadamoto should stick to character designs. That's what he's good at.
>>
File: 24.jpg (144KB, 728x1096px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
144KB, 728x1096px
>>135594175
So 1 disconnection of logic ruins the entire manga? It could've been pressure from Gainax for all you know. I mean this was just around the time when 3.0 hype was big.
But yeah, Asuka surviving was dumb. I could spout 100 different reasons why manga Shinji is fucking stupid and angst-filled enough to start 3rd impact despite that (Misato, Kaworu relationship being more meaningful) but it probably wouldn't convince anyone.

Just pretend Asuka died and enjoy the ride. Sakamoto's 3rd impact was far more believable then the original.
Instead of that bullshit "people can leave the LCL ocean whenever they want and walk around Red Earth"
He made it so that it's a cycle of death and rebirth. People "leaving" the LCL ocean just means for their souls to be reborn at a predetermined time during the planet's life cycle's latest iteration. After millions of years of evolution and climate change ect ect those souls saved by 3rd impact will live again and hopefully, this time they'll have their happy endings.
>>
>>135594427
>It lacked as creative shot composition
It's a manga
>narrative was more plain instead of as puzzle-like
because it's a manga
>it lacks the great animated sequences of Yoshinari and Iso
it's a manga

all that EoE stuff stemmed from cimena techniques, all the insightful monologues also stem from that in large part. Comparing a book to a movie like that is ridiculous.

Set your media player to grayscale and the frame rate to 1fps and watch End of Evangelion. Tell me about how it's the greatest manga ever made.
>>
>>135594764
>It's a manga
What? In fact that should allow you to do more of what you want, since you can focus basically purely on that, not having to put effort into animation, voice-acting, setting the shots to accompany music.

I mean look at the works of some of the best comic book creators like Moebius, Mignola, Tony Sandoval or if you want manga: Nihei, Inio or Go Nagai. All of them were able to utilize shot composition in magnificent ways, often surpasing any efforts to do this in animation.

As for the story, what does it being a manga have to do with this? You've got stories with puzzle exposition in film, books, games and yes even comic books. Just chek out the works of Sam Kieth, Kei Kurono or again Nihei

As for the animation, well obviously but I think that might sort of imply that Evangelion was just made to be an anime. But still you do have comic books with well sequenced action scenes: Takayuki, Murata, Hayashida, Miller, Morrison or Schrab.

I don't know if a more skilled comic book writer/artist could do a better job. It's possible that the idea just worked better as animation. Just as I can't imagine the works of Nihei, Inio, Hayashida or most of the western creators I mentioned being adapted.

The anime utilized its inherent tools to a great extent and created something magnificent. The manga stripped away a lot of that, but also lots of the narrative tools which didn't have to be and didn't offer anything as a manga that only a sequential art can.

One is a good comic book the other is an animated masterpiece.
>>
>>135592907
Asuka won in both of them, but lived in the manga, so the mangas by default better.
>>
>>135592907
Rec was pretty good.
>>
>>135594597

The manga ends has no teeth, because "its a cycle that goes on and on forever" is only slightly lamer an ending that "it was all just a dream". It removes any sense of meaning or consequence to the events that have taken place up until now.

The shows ending of everything getting fucked but Shinji managing to do just enough damage control that maybe the world can come back from it carries a lot more weight.
>>
Baka test manga wasn't as good as the anime
>>
>>135599127
That is a LN that was made into an anime which was made into a manga.
>>
>>135593394
That's actually wrong though.
The manga was made to promote the anime, but came before it because the anime was delayed.
>>
File: Kaworu's_Tears_(Sadamoto_Manga).png (109KB, 380x543px) Image search: [Google]
Kaworu's_Tears_(Sadamoto_Manga).png
109KB, 380x543px
>>135592907
Not really. Both manga and anime have their strong points that make them par with each other and worth seeing separately. Personally I like the manga better.

Most importantly the manga did a better job at developing and/or exploring many characters (Kaworu, Rei, Ryoji), as well as provided more insights on few things like Shinji's or Gedo's motivation or origin of the angels. Also rehearsed sevaral things so they made more sense (mainly the Instrumentality resolution and aftermath). And of course unlike the movie it doesn't feature unecessary shock values, like "I'm so fucked up" scene.

Anime of course also has it's strong poonts, so far explained best by this anon >>135595483 - although I don't know about "puzzle exposition". A narrative, though puzzled, still presents the same plot, so basically it's just a cheat to make the show look deeper. Such thing will amaze one half of the audience, but only confuse the other, so ultimately it's just a matter of taste.
>>
>>135599589
End of Eva was released before the manga concluded though. The manga took most of it's 3rd impact chapters and ideas directly from the movie.
>>
>>135594062
>It covered the exact same stuff but added more developed characters because it had time to do that.
If anything it had less time for development given how many corners were cut, with several angel fights left out most notably Leliel. It has been a long time but I can swear how quick the Touji/Eva-03 plot comes up.

The aforementioned plot together with some others had stuff added, true, but overall there was less content than in the anime.
>>
>>135592907
ITT we forget that manga consists of still images, therefor creating elaborate scenes is much more viable than in anime.
>>
Gintama anime is better than the manga.
>>
>>135599589
The manga ended in like 2013
>>
>>135592907
Well, the anime came before the manga; the original being superior is to be expected.
Same shit happens in western media with book adaptations of movies.
>>
>>135600850
However the content added in the manga seemed to have more meaning than the content removed. After finishing manga I felt this was way more consistent, satisfying and "complete" than the tv show. When I look at the anime now, some epsides just feel like fillers.
>>
>>135592907
I liked the manga more than the anime. It was less edgy towards the end, also explained things a little better.
>>
File: SaHa_Shin_chan_03.jpg (259KB, 1200x1723px) Image search: [Google]
SaHa_Shin_chan_03.jpg
259KB, 1200x1723px
>>135592907
I liked Shinji's characterization better in the manga, and the epilogue was satisfying.
>>
Air Gear?
>>
>>135601034
And it came out in 1994.
>>
Usagi Drop
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.