[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EVA appreciation Thread. "Why?" you ask? Why not? yeah

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: neon-genesis-evangelion.jpg (878KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
neon-genesis-evangelion.jpg
878KB, 1280x1024px
EVA appreciation Thread.
"Why?" you ask? Why not? yeah shinji was a faggot, asuka was a bitch, rei was hollow and painful to attempt to understand, However anons, few shows out there could do what EVA did. It made you feel. Uncomfortable, uneasy, sadness, confusion, relief, more confusion. The urge to jerk it over redhead german teens with jap names. more confusion! So love it or hate it, it helped define a genre, and was in and of itself, well done.
The inevitable "2deep4u" argument is silly. if you say so, it must really be too deep for you to get.
>inb4 shinji best girl
>inb4 "rebuilds hurr durr"
>>
>>135560341
It was alright I guess, I gave it 7/10 on MAL
>>
Oh, oh no...

What is this?
>>
>>135560393
I appreciate an honest answer alot more than the standard "2deep4u" jokes so I'm good wit it
>>
>>135560341
>It made you feel.
Stop projecting.
>So love it or hate it, it helped define a genre, and was in and of itself, well done.
Its hype largely helped hide its numerous flaws. Were it released today, it would be a pretty forgettable show.
>>
What's with all this evangelion stuff today?
>>
>>135560513
Third Impact happened today
>>
>>135560513
Today is the fictional date in which the events of End of Evangelion are surmised to take place.
>>
>>135560493
>Stop projecting
that's cute, but consider that the show was less based on tits and fan service like you may prefer and more on narrative.
NGE didn't get popular until late after the release of the 18th episode, where there was a lull in production.
Go be confused about yourself on /v/
>>
>>135560686
Got 'em.
>>
>>135560686
That still doesn't mean everyone got to "feel" like you did, again you need to stop with the projection, you oversensitive little twerp
>>
Fuckin' love this show. It had a really huge impact on me.

Obviously not everyone likes it as much as I do, and that's fine, but for me personally I was extremely moved and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

It's a shame there was only one mere season, and EoE...

TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>135560738
zinged me.
So before you go shit post on tumblr about how triggered you are, lemme explain a bit.
The "feel" im referring to is in comparison to alot of shows like today, DanMachi, SAO , DxD. etc. In essence just lots of low-brow generic fan service bla blah yeah you've heard it all. So I suppose the "feel" is a feeling of substance. Not that its objectively good or bad, but it's there. NGE vs. Sakura Trick for plot? I'd take NGE.
>>
>yeah shinji was a faggot, asuka was a bitch, rei was hollow and painful to attempt to understand

it was /v/ tier
>>
>>135560874
fascinating
go write that on your anime blog
>>
File: 1448902814559.jpg (13KB, 200x286px) Image search: [Google]
1448902814559.jpg
13KB, 200x286px
>>135560862
Yeah I got the shit scared out of me when I opened /a/.
>rei fig sits on desk
>going to /a/
>hit enter
>look back at rei and adjust base
>song starts playing while im in a youtube tab
>mfw rei came alive for a minute
>>
>>135560637
>>135560638
Ahhh I see, thank you it's been a long time since I've seen evangelion.
>>
File: 1449042608547.jpg (47KB, 538x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449042608547.jpg
47KB, 538x500px
>>135560935
Recycling banter like that is bad for your health.
>>
>>135560341
>2016
>still 0 fucking news about Rebu 4.0
fucking hate anno
>>
>>135561044
>2016
>wanting 4.0
what the fuck is wrong with you, watch EoE and have a piece of you die like the rest of us.
>>
>>135560874
>So I suppose the "feel" is a feeling of substance

I don't care. The fact that the show feels serious doesn't make it good and there are plenty of other shows that feel at least as substantial. The way it handled its themes outright annoys me and I gain very little satisfaction from watching it. Being made to feel uncomfortable and confused is not a positive in my book.
>>
>>135560862
yeah man, that show was fuckin' hella epic

neo-/a/, everyone
>>
>>135561044
I don't even care if 4.0 ever comes out. 2.0 was going down hill and 3.0 was fucking garbage.
>>
>>135560874
>So I suppose the "feel" is a feeling of substance.
Teenage/Adult angst is not particularly interesting nor original. If that's substantial to you, watch more stories.
>>
>>135561100
That's what's nice about it. Most people fucking hated how it was. I hate EVA for so many reasons, I wish shinji wasn't such a pussy, I wish the plot was less hurried in the last 6 ep's. In the end I truly despised Shinji and felt like i'd been betrayed by the characters for being such giant cucks. yet I enjoyed the show.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.