[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FLCL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: NTR_face.jpg (143KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
NTR_face.jpg
143KB, 1920x1200px
>the whole show was about NTR

And people here and all over the world praise gay-nax shitfaggotry, fucking hell.
>>
No it wasn't.
>>
>FLCL
>NTR
Explain yourself or fuck off.
>>
>>135556337
I'm guessing he's talking about how Naota's big brother left town and got a new girlfriend.
Meanwhile Mamimi used Naota as a replacement for his brother.

He's just meme spouting
>>
>>135556337
>>135554607
OP is claiming that the chick has some kind of thing going on with MC's older brother who is overseas or whatever, but does shit with MC because he's around. Therefore older brother is getting cucked.

>>135554536
Anyway, I definitely think FLCL is wildly misunderstood. I only ever thought of it as a technical study in direction. FLCL was really about Anno's protégé perfecting the style of direction that Anno had developed during Kare Kano. That's why the whole thing is about really ambiguous themes and wistful feelings and longings and shit. It really feels like the plot and the characters are sort of incidental. Like the whole thing is just a forum for experimentation that they also decided they were gonna release.
>>
It's about dicks.
Everything is dicks.
>>
>>135554536
>>the whole show was about NTR
only if you watched <10 minutes of it
>>
>>135557007
It's still Kazumiya's best work though. I mean, Diebuster was great but it did not surpass FLCL. On the other hand you can see he also had a lot of contribution to the Rebuilds, which is kind of a shame. His style totally doesn't fit Evangelion.
>>
>>135554536

Who /had a gf in high school with serious mental problems because anime tricked you into thinking that's cool/ here?
>>
>>135557922
p much this tbqh sempai
>>
>>135557922
I had one, but I dated her because she would talk to me about her problems so that obviously busted up my ego. Anime had nothing to do with it though.
>>
>>135557990

I'm texting a girl from work about her broken engagement right now. Having someone confide in you and trust you puts your ego on stilts. I know that if I wanted, I could probably exploit her trust and fuck her. Besides the obvious moral dilemma this opportunity presents, she also has a kid and a problem filled life.
>>
>>135558208
>associating yourself with literal used goods

leave.
>>
>>135558273

Go away kid, the adults are talking.
>>
>>135558208
>girl from work
never ever
>>
>>135558352

This is actually a very good point
>>
>>135554536

>tfw I lived dating someone like this

all bad
>>
>>135558551

It's all fun and fucking until she's crying for no reason all the time and doesn't wanna see your face again for something she thinks you did
>>
>>135557007
I dunno about being a technical study but it's definitely Tsurumaki working in a post-Karekano mode. Except replace the shoujo aesthetics with Pillows and Robots and turn it up to 11.

The narrative isn't incidental though. It has to be well-written for the whole thing to work. They wouldn't have brought Enokido to write the script if the script was an afterthought.
>>
>>135558208
don't shit where you eat anon.
>>
>>135558208
>comfort broken-hearted coworker
>begin sexless courtship
>be her emotional crutch until her ex comes back and NTRs you

I think I've fapped to this one before
>>
>>135557007
It's explicitly stated that naota'a brother has an American girlfriend
>>
>>135559866

Eh if her ex came back it wouldn't be the worst thing. He's not a bad guy. I'm also not interested in a relationship, it's just that the real possibility of being able to have sex with her is a very invasive thought.
>>
The whole show was an anti coming of age story. Please feel free to post once your frontal lobe has finished growing in.
>>
>>135560256
>it's just that the real possibility of being able to have sex with her is a very invasive thought
if you want sex, just go to a bar. it's much easier.
>>
>>135558902
I'm definitely not saying it's not well written, I'm just saying it's not strongly plotted. The whole thing is put together in a specific attempt to evoke a mood or a complex feeling, and all elements combine to achieve this. The characters and the dialog are certainly well written, but it's all more about designing a feeling than it is about telling a story. Which is why I say it's more or less all in service of the direction, that's what direction is all about, feeling and tone. And in that sense I think it's a soaring success. I don't think anybody has watched FLCL and come away with faults about the direction.

All that being said, a lot of people don't enjoy it because it doesn't have a strong story that goes somewhere. And they're right, it doesn't. That was never really the intent. I like it because direction goes a long way for me, there are lots of shows I've enjoyed just because the direction was so strong even though a ton of the other elements failed. FLCL is all about the direction, and some people will be able to enjoy it as such and others will not.

>>135560026
Don't worry about OP. OP is probably half trolling and half confused.
>>
>>135560773

I know that, but bar girls are never who they are they're who you wish they were. It's complex. I know it's purely sexual but that can still be complex. It probably is too much of my ego mixed into the situation.
>>
>>135560256
Get a gf, and then keep talking to that girl as a friend, you will actually enjoy the relationship more.
>>
>>135557884
>Diebuster was great
>Rebuilds
I think he'd be rather happy that he at least had one knock out show.
>>
>>135557884
>Kazumiya
I'm gonna assume you're talking about Kazuya Tsurumaki.

>Diebuster was great but it did not surpass FLCL.
In terms of an exhibition of his skill as a director I'd certainly agree. FLCL is very single-minded and pure in its execution. It was basically just Tsurumaki doing whatever he wanted, with as little limitation as possible. It's more complete and better composed as a work of art. He obviously played it a little safer with Diebuster, which I think was definitely the right choice. The important thing with Diebuster is that he got it right, it was a fitting tribute to the legacy of Gunbuster. It wasn't the soaring, provocative exclamation that FLCL was, but that wasn't the goal. Diebuster was really good, and it fit the material well. It was lively and fun.
>>
>>135561373
>fitting tribute
Take out the last 10-15 minutes and Diebuster isn't even worth watching.
>>
>>135560852
not really, bar girls are sex, and that's what they provide. life is more simple when you're drunk, which is why so many people drink, and which is why bars are a great place to get sex.
>>
>>135561591
i disagree sempai
>>
>His brother leaves his homeless 17-year-old girlfriend Mamimi behind.
>Mamimi is sending mixed signals and advances to Naota

Literally NTR
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.