[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw i finish reading twgok anyone else finish this manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 18

File: huh.jpg (33KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
33KB, 500x336px
>mfw i finish reading twgok

anyone else finish this manga looking like this?

also, can anyone explain elsie's true nature, the teacher, the op demon loli (akari), and the time travel stuff to me?
>>
If Chihiro wins, I will eat my shit
>>
File: kantoku 1.jpg (389KB, 1500x1055px) Image search: [Google]
kantoku 1.jpg
389KB, 1500x1055px
i know there has to be some other people here that finished this manga, COME OUT
>>
>>121084677
WHY? chihiro is such an average normalfag

i hope you enjoy eating your own shit then
>>
>>121084572
>can someone spoonfeed me shit I can figure out with the reading comprehension skills of a 10 year old?

No, fuck off.
>>
>>121084572
Elsie was a super-powerful demon capable of destroying the world. Dokuro turned said demon's consciousness into the Elsie we know and love and sent her to Keima as the girl he was contracted to conquer. Keima succeeded in conquering her and thus saved the world.

She then used her world-changing powers to make herself human so that she could be Keima's real (twin!) little sister.

During the wars Dokuro's self was split into two, one part remaining in hell and the other becoming Nikaido. Akari/Rimyuel was another high-level demon that worked with Dokuro and later with Nikaido.

So yeah, Wakaki has a huge problem of dreaming epic-scale stuff but always bungling it in the execution. He had the same problem with Albatross. With TGWOK it wasn't too hard to piece together the big picture stuff he was trying to go for though.
>>
File: 1337357871994.jpg (517KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1337357871994.jpg
517KB, 800x1132px
>>121084572
>Elsie's true nature

Its awesome that we had that shit called way back in the beginning. Its a shame the ending was so rushed after Wakaki spent so much time with time travel shenanigans.
>>
>>121084796
Where were you this time last year ?
Oh wait, if you are OP then nvm
>>
>>121084893
>Its a shame the ending was so rushed
Coward lost his nerve halfway and called it quits. The guy is practically bipolar, switching between grandiose plans of constructing an epic and between crippling self-doubt and indecision.
>>
>>121085035
I read somewhere that it was due to his health that he had to rush the ending. Was twgok getting axed or something, or was it really his health?
>>
>>121084572
Elsie is the ancient monster that was tearing up hell and caused Dokuro skull (a hero of hell) to loose her body, possibly in the event that binded Elsie into her non destructive form. It is mostly because of Elsie that old hell is a wasteland. After being reincarnated or pacified into her current form Elsie looses her memory and is raised as a new devil in an orphanage.

The teacher is a human clone made from the skull devil's body that was sent into the future to find the route/dimension/future that Elsie would not return to her destructive from, as it turned out that route was created by her partnership with Keima that lead to her loving the world too much to want to use her destructive power. (The magic that sends the teacher to seek the ideal future may be what caused Dukuro to loose her body in the first place, or it could be Elsie's eldrich destructive power or sealing it).

Akari is a high ranking devil who was a sister figure to all the orphans in the devil orphanage that Elsie grew up in and thus is the talented sister that Elsie is always referring to. Akari is a protege of Dukuro.

The time travel stuff was shit narratively but here's the gist as I remember it: Basically in order for the future in which Keima and Elsie become partners and she is peaceful rather than destructive when she rediscovers her true form to exist Keima must ensure that the goddesses end up in the girls he captured. He's in the Marty Mcfly position and has to keep his close to ideal future from disappearing due to changes in the past, but also has to make sure it happens by guiding the past just enough to create his own situation.
>>
>>121085326
His health failed because he lost his never.
>>
>>121085326
I thought it was getting axed. I was under the impression it was losing popularity, plus the only thing bringing in any money was Kanon.
>>
>>121085423
>plus the only thing bringing in any money was Kanon
What, really?
>>
>>121085423
it was a really shit idea to go from the goddess arc that relied on building up of past characters to the time travel arc which had a child Keima interact with almost none of the built up characters and unable to interact with his targets in the romantic antics of the capture arcs. Especially leaving all the goddesses, the girls they possessed, and Chihiro's subplots open and pushed to the side when they were much more interesting than ensuring the past refused to change.
>>
File: GNCA-1227-001.jpg (2MB, 3379x3046px) Image search: [Google]
GNCA-1227-001.jpg
2MB, 3379x3046px
>>121085487
Anime sold like crap and there were hardly any character goods, meanwhile Kanon was putting out CDs, having concerts, and had that OVA.
>>
>>121085603
We did need a break from the goddesses, hosts, and Chihiro in order for Keima to sort out his own feelings for Chihiro out, but there was a much more obvious and better way of doing so: hell.

Keima going to hell with Elsie (and maybe Haqua) and having romantic antics with devils would have kept a core team of familiar characters to keep the audience grounded while building up to the Elsie reveal and Keima finally sorting his feelings out.

I'm disappointed that we didn't get a proper "Elsie capture" as a climax.
>>
Are there any plans to bring the manga to burgerland?
I would sell my left testicle to get some nice english physical copies of them
>>
>>121085806
I doubt it, although you can get the whole set on amazon japan for about 30 bucks. Get working on that nihongo.
>>
>>121085926
holy shit 30 dollars for the entire set physical? got a link? ill buy that in a heartbeat and i cant even read nip
>>
>>121084796
every conquests are cliches and chihiro is a background character, the only one special was aqua
>>
>>121085785
dang, i was reading alone hoping for the climax to keep building up, but the sudden elsie reveal and the rushed plot ruined everything.
>>
>>121086052
Used. Just search for it on amazon.jp. 全26 means the entire set. Not every seller ships internationally, though, so you might have to try a few.
>>
>>121085656
how did it manage to get so many seasons and ovas then? im confused, if it sold poorly, why did they keep releasing material?
>>
>>121085785
we needed a break perhaps, but not a break of over 100 chapters and a snails pace of plot progression. Hell or heaven would have been interesting concepts to look into, but it would be hard not to have it fly in the face of Keima's role as a human element of the struggle rather than a direct player.

I'm not too disappointed with the lack of an Elsie capture, as really the whole story is her capture. I wish there was more focus on the concept of her learning to love the world and it's people though, it kind of felt like she always did. I guess in a way the band arc kind of helped with accomplishing that goal, but a getting used to human society arc was better fleshed out in Haqua for goodness sake.
>>
>>121086159
I'm pretty sure the musical accompaniments to each season sold very well. Kanon albums sold well and offshoots like the 2b pencils albums sold modestly well as well.
>>
>>121084818
Are you fucking serious? Fucking kill yourself you stupid delusional fifteen year old moron. No room for trash like you on this board.
>>
>>121086124
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E7%A5%9E%E3%81%AE%E3%81%BF%E3%81%9E%E7%9F%A5%E3%82%8B%E3%82%BB%E3%82%AB%E3%82%A4-%E3%82%B3%E3%83%9F%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF-%E5%85%A826%E5%B7%BB%E5%AE%8C%E7%B5%90%E3%82%BB%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-%E5%B0%91%E5%B9%B4%E3%82%B5%E3%83%B3%E3%83%87%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B3%E3%83%9F%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9-%E8%8B%A5%E6%9C%A8/dp/B00KL0KA8G/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1423550472&sr=1-4&keywords=%E5%85%A826

Long link, but how can you check if they ship international?
>>
>>121086445
If you have an address saved it'll tell you right away if it won't work when you try to check out.
>>
>>121085785
> "Elsie capture" as a climax.
My money sir. Where do I send it?
>>
I finished the manga a couple months ago, is the anime worth a watch?
>>
FUCK THIS MANGA

FUCK THE ANIME

FUCK YOU WAKAKI
>>
Last 100 chapters or so were complete shit.
I didn't want anyone to win, ending was bad but so was the entire last arc anyways so it was to be expected.
>>
>>121085785
>I'm disappointed that we didn't get a proper "Elsie capture" as a climax.
My heart breaks the break of a thousand deaths.
>>
>>121086557
Its not really anything special, and there is a good chance that they didn't animate your favorite girl. Give the character songs a listen though, they're pretty good. And the OPs for the first season and the goddess arc are amazing.
>>
File: 37.jpg (107KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
107KB, 800x1200px
At least I still have her.
>>
>>121086701
>didn't animate your favorite girl
Who?
>>
>>121084677
>>121084796
>>121086115

why do people hate chihiro so much? I thought Keima did the right thing for choosing her is not because we want him to, but the fact she is a real normal girl, which is impossible for keima, a neet who has already experienced all kinds of stereotype dating girl in video game.
Basically, Chihiro is someone special for keima but not everyone else because Keima is a selfish neet who does not gives a shit.
>>
>>121086739
The giant gap between the second season and the goddess arc, there were like, nine girls in there.
>>
>>121086507
thanks man
>>
>>121086829
Shes shit.
Literally any other girl would have been better.

I mean literally. His mom would have been a better choice, I don't care how they did it. I'd actually have liked for him to not pick anyone, to find a new, completely unrelated girl.

That'd would have shown the most growth, from being a selfish NEET to finding someone completely new.
>>
File: 1379862067252.jpg (241KB, 1162x1748px) Image search: [Google]
1379862067252.jpg
241KB, 1162x1748px
>>121086829

>why do people hate chihiro so much?
Their favorite girl didn't win.
>>
>>121086739
Ramen girl ;_;
>>
>>121086900
>Implying my favorite girl was even in the running to begin with
I'm not that delusional. It was still a shitty ending, Chihiro or not.
>>
>>121086887
You just mad because Keima didn't choose your girl. Face it, why do anyone cares about some selfish neet, who does not work, does not like people, who would probably living with his mom in his 25? Anyone would be unlucky to hang out with him.
>>
>>121086949
Gosh, if I see those nips wearing chinese clothes one more time...don't they know they had a fucking war with china?
>>
File: Minami-anime.png (2MB, 1920x2357px) Image search: [Google]
Minami-anime.png
2MB, 1920x2357px
>>121087023
>You just mad because Keima didn't choose your girl.
My girl was not in the running, of course she wasn't chosen. I'm not mad about that at all.
>>
Wakaki introduced some great characters during the time travel arc, but just failed all around. Damn shame.
>>
>>121086829
Would you kindly kill yourself?

>>121086887
>I'd actually have liked for him to not pick anyone
This. I'd rather him end up alone and dying alone than to have picked that fucking filth. I didn't even want any of the other girls to win but I would have been more than happy with them winning over that fucking slut.
>>
>>121086829
Who cares? Keima loves her and that's what's important. God's opinions certainly count more than some random anons, right?

>>121086949
Sumire was the most beautiful of all the girls.

>>121087078
You do know nip "high culture" is entirely imported from China right?
>>
>>121087023
fuck you and your pleb mind, you can't even say 4 words right before shit all your talk
>>
>>121087094
>Would you kindly
ebin bioshock le maymay
good to see Ken Levin is looking for a new waifu in this shit hole
>>
>>121087113
>Keima loves her and that's what's important.
>Implying he doesn't just feel guilty for what he did
He'll pump and dump when he realizes shes fucked 20 other men who did the same.
>>
>>121087023
Fuck off with your delusions. No one's mad about that when talking about the trash bin. The main point everyone argues is that they didn't want that desperate crackhead to win. She's so uselessly plain and awful.
>>
>>121087143
>Implying it's a meme
Maybe it is. I wouldn't know since I'm not here from /v/ shitposting. Fuck off if you're going to do the same.
>>
File: twgok.jpg (380KB, 1600x1126px) Image search: [Google]
twgok.jpg
380KB, 1600x1126px
Calm down everyone. I feel like it was a tossup at the end and Ayumi, Chihiro, Tenri, and Yokkyun were the most viable endings, and it seemed pretty obvious that Chihiro was Wakaki's favorite girl. In the end, we just got a bunch of cute girls.
>>
File: 5vp1JAW.jpg (34KB, 668x376px) Image search: [Google]
5vp1JAW.jpg
34KB, 668x376px
>>121087023
nigga my girl was more far than any other girl in the show, there was not relationship development after he made chihiro cry or anyshit, it was just at the end of the manga going like "sup chihiro, i lov u", wakaki spent a lot of time with the time travel shit and forgot about who was going to win at the end
>>
>>121087179
well see the connection? Keima is a selfish neet who is useless to the society while Chihiro is a useless bitch who would never achieve anything with minimum effort.

Is like [Gravity] had pull their fate together.
>>
>>121087241
Ayumi existed only to be the "third wheel" of a triangle. She was never viable.

Tenri's importance to the plot paradoxically distanced her from Keima. Hence she was never viable.

Yokkyun was only ever viable in the sense of Keima not commiting to anything with an actual person.
>>
File: TWGOK86_11_RH.png (338KB, 830x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TWGOK86_11_RH.png
338KB, 830x1200px
>>121086739
This was all I wanted.
>>
>>121087253
She's too old.

OH and the time travel arc is a mess anyway. I was expecting that evil smiling bitch from the past throw a steamroller or something, but oh well.
>>
File: nevergiveup.png (373KB, 843x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nevergiveup.png
373KB, 843x1200px
It's funny to see people are still angry.

Keima and Chihiro love each other and that's all that matters. All the hate can't change the love.
>>
>>121087260
No, Keima is fucking awesome and deserves better. Better than that whore he does. I don't know why he would pair him the the most plain of the plain. The most normal of normal. She has no characteristics that stand out, is ugly and has nothing going for her. Japan may have one of the weirdest societies, but what's with their massive obsession with normalfaggotry?
>>
>>121087303
An Elsie ending? Yeah. I wanted that too. That's all I wanted. When I realized an Elsie capture wasn't even in consideration, I was just hoping for Chihislut to lose.

I wished for at least something like >>121085785
>Elsie capture" as a climax
to happen.
>>
>>121087303
this entire body switch arc is the 10/10 material, the best wakkai could offer. 2nd would be the teacher arc.
>>
>>121087285
this

Yokkyun end would also pretty much invalidate or at the very least fly in the face of Keima's character arc.
>>
File: 1417730889065.png (171KB, 346x297px) Image search: [Google]
1417730889065.png
171KB, 346x297px
The series went to shit as soon as the goddesses were introduced. The time travel arc dragged on for far too long and by then it becomes apparent that Wakaki had no idea where to take the story so he settles for a shitty, rushed ending.

I don't know why I followed it to the end. Maybe because I liked what it was in the beginning.
>>
>>121087511
I'm surprised anyone could feel this way. The goddess arc was the height of the series in my opinion.
Giving the girls more focus and upping the stakes was a logical step in creating Keima's character development.
>>
File: t-t-t-tenri.jpg (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
t-t-t-tenri.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
i just wanted some sweet sweet tenri getting the ending she deserved. TEN YEARS KEIMA, TEN YEARS SHE WAITED FOR YOU
>>
File: kon.png (132KB, 595x569px) Image search: [Google]
kon.png
132KB, 595x569px
>>121087737
>>
>>121087663
You can create conflict and character development without the use of some grandiose conspiracy to awaken some ancient evil.

And the goddesses basically killed the original premise of the series. Which isn't to say that's a bad thing but it limited the cast to basically 5 or 6 girls who were arbitrarily chosen. Not to mention only two of the girls were even relevant in the end so development hardly mattered.

At the end of the day it's just a matter of opinion. I didn't like the direction it went.
>>
Fucking Wakaki, you bungled your story.

I didn't care who won in the end, but to not smooth out the transition to the ending is the greatest crime of a storyteller.

You're on my fucking shitlist for this until you write your way out of it.
>>
>that one scene where a bunch of soldiers got torn limb to limb

The fuck was that about? What was the author thinking.
>>
>>121087914
>At the end of the day it's just a matter of opinion. I didn't like the direction it went.
I can respect that, at the end of the day we'll have to agree to disagree.
But from my prospective:

The series always had goofy supernatural shit vintage and the goddesses were right in line with the established world, the real "grandiose conspiracy" came when there was a bigger villain behind vintage all along.

But the window dressing doesn't matter.

The best way to create conflict/development for Keima was to have the girls he previously captured start to remember him and put him in a position where he needed to get close to them again. The goddess arc did that perfectly.

Fleshing out all the captures would have been very difficult, especially when most of their mini character arcs already came to a satisfying conclusion, the cast needed to be thinned for the focus to be effective. Drawing the line at girls who were closest to Keima was the best way to choose a focus that would be effect him most and remain consistent. Also most of the chosen girls had loose threads remaining from their arcs that could be easily revisited for the goddess capture.
>>
To me I rapidly lost interest when it became less about Keima and his bullshit with silly characters and more about this serious plot about angels and devils

It reminds me of hayate when it got sidetracked on athena for 5 fucking years
>>
>>121088374
except wakaki failed to do any of that
>>
>make a manga
>put a lot of interesting girls, demons, angels, goddess, blah bah into it
>Put a single generic girl in there and even say that she is a generic girl not good or bad at anything
>make her be a massive selfish bitch to the main character

>make her win instead of the millions of interesting girls you put into your own work

Sasuga, Wakaki.
>>
>>121089949
i agree, i would have rather keima pick NO ONE than pick chihiro. i am so confused. was this the general consensus on /a/ when the manga ended?
>>
File: 1414779038657.jpg (13KB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1414779038657.jpg
13KB, 250x233px
>>121090587
>he is so new he did not witness the Chihiro shitstorm
>>
File: so.png (300KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
so.png
300KB, 450x450px
So does Haqua not remember Keima and Elsie at the end?
>>
>>121090587
Strawpoll heavily favored people being happy with Chihro ending, posted comments favored buthurt or laughing at buthurt hence the big Collage.
>>
File: what.jpg (80KB, 531x529px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
80KB, 531x529px
>>121090740
i am curious about this as well

>>121090764
collage? sorry, i am a newfag to /a/ so this is all a big surprise to me haha
>>
File: 1401959994869.jpg (3MB, 3848x3984px) Image search: [Google]
1401959994869.jpg
3MB, 3848x3984px
>>121090863
it's implied that she forgot but realizes that she's forgotten something.

here it is, it's even got the strawpoll on it.
>>
>>121091074
my god, it was all predicted. i'm sure both tears of bitterness and joy were shed that day.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.