[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you embarrassed to admit you like anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Well are you.jpg (171KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Well are you.jpg
171KB, 1000x800px
Are you embarrassed to admit you like anime?
>>
>>120928133
>admit
Keep your powerlevel hidden, shithead.

Alternatively, don't have friends. Way overrated.
>>
Yes, because I am not a faggot.
>>
>>120928191
>keep it hidden
You're as bad as the left side of OP's pic.
I'm not saying to go out and tell everyone but if telling someone is appropriate in the context of the conversation, why not? What's there to hide? Why you gotta be insecure about it?
>>
>>120928133
>I only like mature anime for mature anime viewers such as myself
Yes, you should be embarrassed.
>>
>>120928133
oh boy I don't have enough fedoras to tip.
>>
It's no wonder you're embarrassed OP, you're a pretentious Chuuni who desperately wants people to take him seriously and are mad that anime is working against your image.
>>
File: 101247917410.png (332KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
101247917410.png
332KB, 469x463px
>>120928272
>I watch moeshit
>>
>>120928133
I don't get it, casuals love Madoka and Fate/.
>>
>>120928382
There's a big difference between casuals and >muh mature self.
>>
>>120928367
The manime audience, everyone.
>>
I only watch socially acceptable anime, so no.
>>
>>120928382
This isn't a casual vs hardcore thing, this is a pretentious DEEPfag vs down to earth person thing.
>>
>>120928411
>>120928442
Oops, I meant to say normalfags.
>>
>>120928415
Don't reply to /v/ermine
>>
Why do people get so insanely butthurt about anime that isn't brain dulling genre fiction tripe?

It really challenges your worldview or something?
>>
>>120928133
But why? I only watch mature anime for mature fans like myself.
>>
File: 968full-mad-bull-34-screenshot.png (408KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
968full-mad-bull-34-screenshot.png
408KB, 800x600px
>>120928442
Nothing on the left is DEEP, cept maybe Memories. Have you not seen fucking Mad Bull 34?
>>
File: fixed.png (1MB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
1MB, 1000x800px
>>120928133
>>
>>120928270
It's not a case of being embarrassed, and it's not even relevant as to what it is you're particularly nerdy about (whether it's GoT, videogames, football, or the most moe of the anime) but there's no recorded case in which spouting about your interests isn't wholly obnoxious.

Just etiquette to keep it to yourself.
>>
>>120928517
I didn't say they were DEEP, I said he's a DEEPfag, because he sounds like one. The typical "muh hardboiled manly characters and serious stories!" sort of idiocy. It's all the same kind of chuunibyou.
>>
Why can't escapist losers stop shitposting about anime with substance?
>>
>>120928539
That's why I said if it's appropriate within the context of the conversation. Obviously there's no reason to just blurt it out and incessantly talk about it. If conversation somehow ends up there and you have something interesting to add regarding your hobbies, then why not talk about it?
>>
>>120928539
>people shouldn't talk about what they like with each other
>why even discuss things and tastes and opinions?
You know how I know you're a hemit?
>>
>>120928580
>he thinks his favorite anime isn't escapist
The sad part is these chuunis think they can be worldly and intellectual without actually putting any effort in. They just watch a few anime with melancholy tone and think they're a fucking postmodernist philosopher or some shit. It'd be funny if they weren't so endemic among anime fans these days.
>>
>>120928442
Isn't it possible to be a down to earth person and like DEEPshit? Just don't be pretentious about it.
>>
>>120928643
Escapism is a scale and all the people shitposting about `mature` anime are on the far end of it
>>
>>120928580
Is there any kind of storytelling fiction that isn't escapist?
I mean from any medium. Honest question here.
>>
>>120928133
is the right side embarrassing because its girly, or because its about sexualising young girls?
>>
>>120928525
Get rid of all the stuff on the right and replace it with SnK and Pokemon.
>>
>>120928659
/a/ classifies anything less shallow than shipsluts as DEEP
>>
>>120928659
Again, it's not about the anime itself being DEEP, it's about how the guy views it. Like, you have people who think KLK was DEEP. No, really, they seriously think that.

That's the DEEPfag mentality. They justify their habit by trying to make it seem more mature, and they do that by pretending it's full of deep meaningful insight about the world. Because that's easier than actually experiencing the world or reading real formative texts about philosophy.
>>
>>120928525
They assume you have decent taste? Way to let them down.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.