[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Many Servants have some degree of magical resistance >most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: caster.jpg (441KB, 876x1241px) Image search: [Google]
caster.jpg
441KB, 876x1241px
>Many Servants have some degree of magical resistance
>most Casters cannot hold up in melee combat
Then what's the point of summoning Caster?
>>
None. One of Nasu's fuck-ups if you ask me. Although apparently Casters are supposed to affect environments rather than casting spells or whatever, which if you ask me is still stupid. A Caster master has to play tower defense, basically.
>>
>>120837116
Like Assassin, you have to play the war differently.
>>
>>120837116
They are the worst class together with Assassin and meant to lose
>>
F/Z caster gave everyone problems. If only the master wasn't an idiot he could have solo'd the entire war.
>>
Those classes were never meant to win the war.
>>
They're supposedly much better at planning and finding other Servants, so if you wanna do spy work they can serve for something. Kiritsugu mentioned that either a Caster or an Assassin would suit his style better than Saber.
Also as much as MR is a thing, Casters can summon their own shit so they can get by that if they play their cards right. Gille had his tentacle fetishes and Medea has Fake Assassin
>>
File: 123123.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
123123.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>120837251
>If only the master wasn't an idiot he could have solo'd the entire war.
>>
Hard mode
>>
>>120837267
Consider that Kerry is a complete retard.
Casters are just useless
>>
Read the fucking VN.
>>120837195
>>120837264
This.
>>
>>120837336
COOL wasn't too bright either and look what he "accomplished"
>>
>>120837336
>Consider that Kerry is a complete retard.

Yeah, that's why He destroyed every other master.
>>
Casters typically have some magic that is stronger than magic resistance. Magic resistance, I imagine, is to balance things out so Masters can't just kill Servants.

A good Caster makes an army of familiars, tries to ally with other Servants temporarily, and fortifies their territory to make it hazardous to even be in and prepare for some truly bullshit True Magic tier spell

Basically, everything Medea does in UBW, and everything Avicebron has by default in Apocrypha

Still worst class other than Berserker. Most Casters are just really lame. Shakespeare's the only one I really like
>>
>>120837455
>COOL wasn't too bright either
>either

How exactly is Kerry "not too bright"?
>>
>>120837465
Please tell me how a caster or Assassin could in any way be better than Saber for Kerry.
>>
Who'd be a summonable Caster that would actually have a chance of winning the war?
Merlin?
>>
File: 69b59e664653757e84aa620.jpg (315KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
69b59e664653757e84aa620.jpg
315KB, 1000x750px
>>120837116
>Decide to summon a Caster
>Summon Zelretch
>Win
What's so fucking hard?
>>
>>120837513
>Basically, everything Medea does in UBW,
And she's still the weakest servant in the entire war
>>
>>120837547
If you get his NP going Avicebron.
>>
>>120837519
I'm just taking his consideration of Kerry being a retard. Which is stupid considering he almost
he basically won the war on his own.
>>
>>120837559
Doesn't stop her from coming fairly close to winning in that route
>>
>>120837593
Are you completly retarded?
>>
>>120837547
Anyone who is smart enough to poison gas an entire city.

Caster and ass monglers are for killing other masters.
>>
>>120837625
Not realy.
I mean literaly every other servant can stomp her shit in.
>>
>>120837513
>Shakespeare's the only one I really like
What's wrong with Solomon, other than him being suicidally reckless?
>>
>>120837116
Caster is one of the three classes to actually ever win a grail war.

That's a better testament than most classes

Caster's aren't supposed to engage most other servants directly. They're supposed to play Batman.

Caster is the most broken class depending on how good you are at playing master planner.
>>
>>120837593
holy fuck /a/ power levels of autism increased since moot left
>>
File: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.jpg (72KB, 643x480px) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.jpg
72KB, 643x480px
>>120837672
>Caster is the most broken class
>>
>>120837116
Fuyuki Grail War was designed to be unfair.

The three families who created it made it such that there would be three classes of Servant, the "Knight Class" that were better than the other four servants by a country mile.

The Tohsakas, Makiris and Einzberns had Saber, Archer and Lancer reserved for them, whilst the other guilliable idiot masters who decided to join in would get one of the four "shittier" classes.

Of course, its all really down to what hero gets summoned. But to give themselves any advantage they could, the three main families designed it with that bias in mind.
>>
>>120837671
I don't read spoilers, so I've only been through the first two volumes of Apocrypha. He's pretty much a non-character in those
>>
File: 1422048905336.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1422048905336.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
Caster's and assassins were never meant to win the war do any of you dumb faggots ever read the vn?
>>
File: anton-ego.png (200KB, 559x682px) Image search: [Google]
anton-ego.png
200KB, 559x682px
Nothing, every servant aside from archer is just a shitstain jobber so they can focus more on >MUH SABER
>>
>>120837513
Caster was the end boss in CCC; his power wasn't anything much, but his NP was called seemingly omnipotent in the game description if the factors present allowed it to fully activate.

Also his personality was basically if Kotomine Kirei had sex with Dio Brando.

He's by far the best Caster ever, in terms of personality.
>>
>>120837660
>Every other servant
>EVERY
Rider dead
Saber captured
Archer persuaded
Assassin* controlled
b8 harder m8
>>
>>120837774
Lancer always gets good servants but alas E-rank Luck
Besides Deermud
>>
>>120837116
The people who deliberately summon Casters are typically idiots.
>>
>>120837733
They fucked up royally since most Riders and Berserkers can go toe to toe with the Knight classes if not outright overpower them in straight up physical combat.
>>
>>120837774
Has any other saber been summoned other than Arturia?
>>
>>120837808
>CCC
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>120837724
Way to not be able to read more than half a sentence.
>>
>>120837820
>Archer persuaded
Well we know how that worked right?
>>120837850
Berserkers are meant to kill the Master with mana-drain.
And Riders are pretty weak
>>
>>120837856
How can you call a class broken when you are fucked as soon as anyone actualy wants to kill you?
>>
>>120837733
>Fuyuki Grail War was designed to be unfair.
Not just Fuyuki, largely the same class templates apply to just about every other Grail War that we know of.
>>
>>120837850

Again, its all down to the servant summoned.

The three families weighted as much as they could in their favour. They couldnt do anything about what hero a Master summons but they could at least have the best classes reserved for them.

Anyways, that was the original idea. That line of thinking was lost after the first couple of Grail Wars. Shit just broke down. Nothing ever went according to plan. Only the Tohsaka family retained any sense and always tried to strive for powerful servants to fill the Knight Classes.

The Makiri died out and Zouken went nuts. The Einzbern went full retard and gimped themselves hard.
>>
>>120837872
>Riders are pretty weak
>describing Iskander, Achilles and Ramses as "weak"
Even the others are arguably pretty strong
>>
>>120837909
It's broken if you're good at playing master planner, if you're good at playing Batman.

Batman might lose in one hit against Superman, but he always keeps like twenty reasons why Superman cannot hit him in between them, and always has to plot ahead. Then he capitalizes on weaknesses, while gaining as many cards in his favor as he can.

It's the most versatile class good at getting cards in its advantage, but not a power class.
>>
>>120837965

Medusa is arguably stronger than Iskander.

A Medusa that isnt gimped anyways.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.