[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Does this faggot have the most fucked up,...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 456
Thread images: 82
File: gon.jpg (185 KB, 1362x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gon.jpg
185 KB, 1362x768
Does this faggot have the most fucked up, hypocritical morals in the entire show?
>>
What's wrong?
Not everything can be solved by moral speeches.
>>
Yes, because he's acting like a 12-14 year old child, which he should be considering he is one. They don't have super developed senses of ethics.
>>
Gon has been a psycho since day 1.
>>
>>120830182
Was Gon prepared to go Gigga-Nigga from the moment he made contact with Pitou? I mean he was swirling with all that dark aura ina the anime but the manga just had outbursts of normal aura, nothing that made you think beyond Gon just losing his shit.
>>
>>120830182
Gon was defying a ninja way above his abilities that could have killed him and even declared that he could kill him and just take the test again. He's reckless and selfish and that pissed Killua off the he noticed that about him. When you think about it, Killua's suffering was being teased from that far back.
>>
>>120830182
So?He doesn't go around yelling how he wants to save every single people like some idiot we all know too well.
>>
Yes, he's what you'd call a "flawed character". It's a good thing.
>>
>>120830182
Gon is selfish.
Gon isn't your average moralfaggot that can't do no wrong and must serve as an example to japanese youth like Edward Elric.
Deal with it.
>>
>>120830182
He's a jerk and will be a villain soon:-

I posted this recently and will keep posting till it becomes true:-

He is going to be a villain soon,
>Togashi will give him some hax power,
>he'll lose his mind because of the power
>Kill Alluka or someone close to him
>Behold the evil Gon.
>>
>>120830182
>muh morals
>muh catbug waifu
>>
Um yeah that's kinda the point of his character. He's not some angelic-like moral Edward Alric or Goku. This entire show is meant to be "shounen with a twist", how can people still not be getting that?
>>
Because Gon is a shitty Gary Stu
>>
Yes and this is a big problem.

It's easy to say he's just a 'flawed character' and that he has 'fucked up morale', but the reality is, the show doesn't treat it that way.

It was genuinely cringeworthy when Pitou told him Kite couldn't be revived, where he then proceeded to recount his memories with him... which was composed of him killing monsters... real compelling friendship right there; did it really warrant a full-on 10 minute mind-break & transforming into a JoJo character?

By far the worst moment in the show. Just baffling.
>>
>people think gon isn't a moralfag
>muh original shonen protag

He even healed the bomber cunts. The only reason he's being this way here is because Kite is involved.
>>
>>120831574
To be fair, this is the anime's fault and not of the original story, where Gon knew Kite since years ago.
>>
>>120831581
>befriended an assassin
>moralfag
>>
>>120831623
Gon still met Kite all those years ago in the anime.
Just because 2011 didn't dedicate an entire episode of filler to it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
>>
>>120831672
How is a canon event filler?
>>
>>120831574
>It was genuinely cringeworthy when Pitou told him Kite couldn't be revived, where he then proceeded to recount his memories with him... which was composed of him killing monsters... real compelling friendship right there
That's thanks to Madhouse doing a mediocre job at the adpatation every time they enter budget saving mode and this happens a lot by having a 5 minutes long montage when the manga had an empty spread to convey the pit of despair gon was falling into.
>>
>>120831353
to be fair this would be good, gon with hax power fighting vs Powered up killua who made a nen contract because gon killed alluka
>>
You fuckers aren't satisfied with anything.

We get an interesting twist on a shonen character and you still shit on it.
>>
>>120831581
He exploited somebody getting killed by Hisoka just to have a chance to steal him his pin. People die all around him during the Hunter exam, and he hardly gives a crap.

The point is that his behavior is childish and unstable, which is apt since he is a child. He isn't a complete cunt, but he doesn't care about every single human being in the world either.
>>
>>120831672
Even then, that's just one encounter when he was a lot younger.

Based on what the anime had shown to the viewers, the friendship between Gon & Kite wasn't anywhere near strong enough to warrant such a jarring emotional reaction from Gon towards Kite's killer.

I know a stronger bond was suggested in the manga, but I'm criticizing the anime version here.
>>
>>120831744
The Canon is that the Kite meets Gon as a child doesn't even last seven pages.
Most of what 99 did during it's first episode was filler, and it did it for zero payoff.
>>
>>120830182
Madness Is Like Gravity nya

It Just need a small push nya
>>
>>120831813
Why are you mentioning the '99 version when the person you replied to was talking about the manga? All the '11 version had to do was dedicate about five minutes to the Kite flashback in the beginning.
>>
>>120831353
He's grows up and becomes yusuke urameshi spirit detective. First task kill demon spawn alluka.
>>
>>120831805
Please, that's just the sociopathic nature of shonens in general. Nevermind HXH; just about every shonen MC doesn't care about unimportant characters dying.

Also, in case you haven't realized yet, HXH's world is a dystopia, and if you want to survive, you can't play the role of a pacifist. Gon isn't meant to be the savior, not is he trying to be; he has a goal, and he's prepared to adapt to the rules of the world in order to achieve that goal. He's not mentally unstable for being smart.
>>
>>120831887
I'm just saying that the manga didn't dedicate much more time to the Kite flashback than the 2011 anime, they just did it at a different time.
Saying that "a stronger bond was suggested in the manga" is bullshit.
>>
>>120831811
>>120831574
It wasn't the friendship.
It was the fact that Gon felt that he was responsible for it.
Gon may watch innocent people die without having much of an emotional response, but he will not stain his hand himself, and when he's sworn an alliance with one, he certainly won't let him die - except he did, because he was way too weak.
>>
>>120831754
>That's thanks to Madhouse doing a mediocre job at the adpatation every time they enter budget saving mode and this happens a lot by having a 5 minutes long montage when the manga had an empty spread to convey the pit of despair gon was falling into.
This. I consider the manga a 10, but the anime is an 8. It's still the best shounen adaptation out there, although that's not saying much.
>>
>>120831968
>although that's not saying much
Shonen adaptations are for the most part TOEI work. Expectations aren't recommanded. The OP show is still pretty noice up til Drum.
>>
Who cares, Knuckle and Shoot should be the new protagonists anyway.
>>
>>120831961
Then why wasn't he disgusted with himself alone? Where did this hatred for Kite's killer come from? The anime didn't establish Gon as a vengeful person, which makes his hatred toward Pitou all the more jarring, especially considering he was almost prepared to kill an innocent bystander (Komugi) in order to achieve his revenge.
>>
>>120831945
>that's just the sociopathic nature of shonens in general. Nevermind HXH; just about every shonen MC doesn't care about unimportant characters dying.
This is simply wrong. Most shounen characters won't react specifically to every single background character dying, but they'll still fight against every threat that will put people in danger.
Gon doesn't give a flying fuck about people getting eaten alive around him, and even exploits a fellow examinee getting killed for his own purposes. Tell me how many shounen protagonists would do that instead of risking their life to avoid it.

>Also, in case you haven't realized yet, HXH's world is a dystopia, and if you want to survive, you can't play the role of a pacifist. Gon isn't meant to be the savior, not is he trying to be; he has a goal, and he's prepared to adapt to the rules of the world in order to achieve that goal. He's not mentally unstable for being smart.

You don't know what "dystopia" means, and also that's what I was saying. He's a flawed person in a flawed world.
>>
>>120832098
>Then why wasn't he disgusted with himself alone?
Because it's his fault as much as it is Pitou's fault.
How can you not get that?
>>
>Hoping that act like an adult
>>
>>120830261
If you see a 12 to 14 year old child seriously threatening to kill someone, please contact their parents and ask to get the kid some professional help.
>>
>>120832098
If you go back to that scene you will notice what he's most focused on:
>Me.
>I killed him.
>No. It wasn't me. It wasn't my fault. It wasn't me. It wasn't my fault.
He's pushing all the guilt away, onto the one other target there is.

You are a retard and need to pay better attention when watching anime.
>>
>>120832093
>Knuckle and Shoot
They're going to be in the DC, right?
>>
File: you can smile.jpg (1008 KB, 2650x749) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
you can smile.jpg
1008 KB, 2650x749
Yeah, because he goes insane.
>>
>>120831353
>Togashi will give him some hax power

Any idea as to what this "hax power" might be? Togashi hasn't done anything that breaks the rules established in HxH so far, so why start now.
>>
>>120832256
>Togashi hasn't done anything that breaks the rules established in HxH so far
That's because nen can do anything, anon. It would be impossible for Togashi to break that rule.
>>
>>120830182
It's called revenge. Gon isn't some moral fag who's gonna just forgive every fucking person.
>>
>>120832244
When is Leorio going to break? He's the only normal person in the universe.
>>
>>120830182
>we don't care about the death, we're fucking badass

>bawww, why did they kill pakunoda and ubog? bawww

Nah. Those were the Genei Ryodan.
>>
>>120832098
>The anime didn't establish Gon as a vengeful person
Except when he threatens the people who kidnapped Zushi during the York Shin tournament.
>>
>>120832215
You remind me of 12 Angry Men.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RelOJfFIyp8#t=3398
>>
File: 1411504817152.png (142 KB, 499x375) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411504817152.png
142 KB, 499x375
>>120832332

DC. People are going to come in to the team's ER fucked up with Nen and he's gonna break down trying to save everyone. Cue some harsh love from Cheadle and he's good to go again, better than ever.

lol jk hiatus forever
>>
>>120832351
The Spiders were rejected and thrown away by society. They were practically raised not to give a shit about anybody but each other.
>>
>>120832465
>thrown away by society.
I thought they were part of that slum city and highly regarded there.
>>
>>120830182
Fuck ants, and fuck Pitou. Bitch got what she deserved. Also, fuck that blind chess whore. That's what you get for betraying your fucking species.
>>
>>120832524
>That's what you get
What, genuine happiness?
>>
>>120832223
It's a moot point you spastic. Based on the way his character was established, he shouldn't be having a mental breakdown in the first place. Are you too stupid to realize that?
>>
>>120832524
>betraying your fucking species
What, by being the only one to defend mankind's honor, showing the King time and time again that an ant is no match for homo sapiens?
>>
>>120832564
If by that you mean a slow death from radiation, then yes.
>>
>>120832098
Are you retarded? Gon was disgusted with himself because he was too weak to do anything but in the end it was Pitou who killed Kite so obviously he's gonna hate Pitou.
>The anime didn't establish Gon as a vengeful person
The anime never established that Gon was a moral fag either. We've seen many times before that Gon is a selfish person.
>>
>>120832600
You really need to pay more attention. Because you missed a lot of shit.

Maybe reread the manga?
>>
>there are people here who think madhouse did a bad job
Not surprised considering this is /a/
>>
>>120832215
Not sure if you were trying to be sarcastic or not, but yes there are plenty of kids willing to harm others, even more so if they have a reason. And it's not even just kids, adults do it too. I'm not sure if you go outside much, but revenge is a pretty fucking common reaction when someone harms you or someone you care for.
>>
File: 5641546.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5641546.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
>>120830182

With that moral Gon will be the leader of the Genei Ryodan.
>>
>>120832662
>there are people here who think madhouse did a flawless job
Not surprised considering this is /a/
>>
>>120832612
>this is what liberals actually believe
She didn't do shit. Wow, she beat him at a game that she played for all her life and he never ever played. Yay, humanity? Fuck no. The one defending humanity was the old radical muslim guy, and also the scientists that created nukes in HxH universe. Your blind whore didn't do shit.
>>
>>120832149
In the Naruto Chuunin Exam, I remember Kiba & Shino completely juiced the blood out of another Ninja Group. Did that change the way you viewed him for the rest of the series? Doubt it.

Also, are you too stupid to elaborate on the dystopia claim? The way I see it, a world that has universally recognized exams where people nonchelantly die in their attempts, fighting tournaments where people die, video games where people die, and death in pretty much every arc, absolutely is a dystopia.

He's trying to achieve his goals whilst abiding by world's rules. If he was a pacifist, he wouldn't be abiding by the world's rules, and would probably fail as a result. It's called being smart you autist.
>>
>>120832615
Love overrides pain.
>>
File: hxh_v09_176.png (170 KB, 341x730) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hxh_v09_176.png
170 KB, 341x730
>>120832289
>That's because nen can do anything, anon

except it cant
>>
>>120832644
I didn't miss anything, idiot, and the manga is completely irrelevant.

The relationship established between Gon & Kite in the anime did not warrant a mental breakdown. Is it that hard to understand?
>>
>>120832825
Oh, you're just an embarrassing /pol/tard.
>>
>>120832165
So what? Pitou was doing what he/she/it thought was the right thing.

They clearly established Gon as a non-judgemental character. He doesn't resent Hisoka for being a blood-thirsty killer, and they made it even more abundantly clear in his interactions with that Black Market Dealer when he was trying to accumulate money.

How did you miss all that?
>>
>>120832896
>I didn't miss anything, idiot,
Keep telling yourself that while wondering why the characterization doesn't make sense.
>and the manga is completely irrelevant.
But please don't spout retarded nonsense.
>The relationship established between Gon & Kite in the anime did not warrant a mental breakdown.
We talked about this. Did you not even read this very conversation?
>>
>>120832867
In some cases is ridiculous what Nen can do.
>>
>>120832965
Why don't you elaborate then? Instead of giving me the usual bile like 'read the manga', explain why Gon's emotional breakdown was an appropriate reaction to the death of a character he barely knew, when he doesn't resent Hisoka, a person he's witnessed kill people in cold blood, all for kicks.

I understand it's difficult for someone as braindead and superficial as yourself, but at least try.
>>
File: neon.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
neon.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
>>120833017
I miss Pakunoda.
>>
>>120832896
>I didn't miss anything, idiot, and the manga is completely irrelevant.
What
>>
>>120832952
He's not passing a judgment on Pitou, he's angry at her.
He doesn't care if Pitou was morally in the right or not.
>>
>>120833084
First, please reread the conversation. I don't like repeating myself.
>>
he's not supposed to have morals or be the good guy, he does what he wants, it seriously took you over 100 episodes to realize this?
>>
>>120832952
Please kill yourself

> Pitou was doing what he/she/it thought was the right thing.
You think Gon gives a shit about what Pitou thought? Pitou killed kite so Gon took revenge on her, that's it.

> He doesn't resent Hisoka for being a blood-thirsty killer
If Hisoka killed Killua I'm sure Gon would try killing Hisoka. Gon doesn't care about a person's character but if you cause harm to him or someone he cares about he's want revenge.
>>
>>120832825
Komugi influenced the King by playing against him. The palace invasion would've gone a lot differently if it weren't for her.

Gon, Killua, Knucle, Shoot, and Morel all would've been buttraped by the guards as soon as they entered the palace, Netero would then have to fight the guards and the King by himself, lose, and then blow the palace the fuck up.

She indirectly saved their lives.
>>
>>120833141
Meruem stop posting on /a/.
>>
I wonder if Gon felt any guilt for threatening Komugi or acting selfish towards Killua after being healed.

It'd just be nice to know more about Gon's thoughts on all this.
>>
File: shoot & knuckles.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shoot & knuckles.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>120832233
I sure hope so. I want to see more of their relationship and eventually interaction with the others before they snap after Morel dies.
>>
>>120833133
and I'm saying that's out of character.
I'm also wondering why he was so angry in the first place. He's been responsible for many deaths in the series, so that eliminates the "feeling responsible" chestnut.
Then there's the fact that he had a friendship with Kite, which the show treats as strong (which is why he had a big flashback before transforming). However, that friendship consisted pretty much solely of fighting monsters; hardly as strong as the show wants it to be.
>>
>>120833228
Ahh, here we go; a common retard examining the show from a completely superficial lens.

No need to debate with you; you're a lost cause.
>>
Nobody answered me in the last thread, but is Pariston the reason why the Chimera Ant situation got out of hand?
>>
>>120833333
>He's been responsible for many deaths in the series, so that eliminates the "feeling responsible" chestnut.
That statement makes no sense.
After killing one person you cannot want to protect another?
>>
>>120833367
Why would you think that?
>>
>>120830182
>Gon not giving a fuck about losing his arm or dying in super crazy tests didn't trigger him that maybe Gon, and most hunters, are fucking insane

What a surprise that was huh...
>>
>>120830182
2deep4u
d
e
e
p
4
u
>>
>>120833333
>He's been responsible for many deaths in the series
No one he ever cared about even in the slightest died before Kite.
>>
File: 3.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
>>120833328
I hope Shoot gets more panel time in this arc if he does show up, he's one of my favorites.

>before they snap after Morel dies.
Please stop
>>
>>120833503
and why does he care about Kite so much? Because they fought a few ants together? Because they had a 5 minute encounter about 6-7 years ago?
>>
>>120833084
I'm not the person you replied to but anyways

>explain why Gon's emotional breakdown was an appropriate reaction to the death of a character he barely knew
It's because of Kite that Gon came to know about his dad being alive and about hunters. If it wasn't for Kite Gon would have never decided to become a hunter and he would have never met Killua, Kurapica, Leario etc as a result..
Also Kite is an important person to Gon's father so he's important to Gon as well. If you recall when Gon met his father the first thing he did was apologize about letting Kite die.
>>
>>120833541
Connection to his father.
>>
>>120833541
He trained for several weeks to open the doors to Killua's family estate properly. Not because his own life was in danger, but because a man he'd just met would die otherwise.

Seriously. Reread the fucking manga, you retard.
>>
>>120833594
>but because a man he'd just met would die otherwise.
What?
>>
>>120833017
Doesn't work for all nen. It only applies to nen users with hate/sense of duty/obsession that imbues an already active nen ability. (Like Pitou's Terpsichore)
>>
>>120832332
never
>>
>>120833578
Most plausible post so far, but even then it's still jarring. I still remember the flashback scene before he turns into a Jojo character, where he's remembering Kite fighting ants as if they were fond memories. Just felt stupid, and the hatred he developed felt baffling.
>>
>>120833620
Chapter 40. The guard says he'll come along (to die with them) and so Gon puts away his fishing rod.

Reread the fucking manga.
>>
>>120833541
Kite is the closest he got to his father since forever.
Razor was pretty close but Kite is a pro hunter in addition to knowing Ging and he also went on the hunt for Ging in the past.
In addition for being his mentor and saving Gon and Killua's life multiple times, he's what Gon hopes to be.
>>
>>120833084
Gon is a proud motherfucker. He felt that he failed himself and Kite by burdening him and causing him to sacrifice himself to save Gon and Killua, and he wanted to make it up to Kite so bad that nothing else mattered.

I think that had to do more than just the fact that Kite was close to him.
>>
>>120833647
That's why I wrote "In some cases", anon.
>>
File: 1419615668046.gif (2 MB, 300x437) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419615668046.gif
2 MB, 300x437
Killualust?
>>
>>120832663
>willing to harm=willing to kill
>>
>>120833594
Are you really that stupid? Do you even understand what's being discussed? Saving a friend & seeking revenge are two completely different things you spastic.

And again with reading the manga. I'm criticizing the anime you idiot; not the manga, not the brand- I'm talking about the 2011 anime by Madhouse. Is your skull to thick to register something so simple?
>>
>>120833793
>not the brand- I'm talking about the 2011 anime by Madhouse
You deleted your post to correct this, but forgot to spell 'too' correctly?
>>
>>120833793
>Saving a friend
>a friend
let me just quote yourself.
>Do you even understand what's being discussed?
When he takes a liking to somebody, it doesn't matter if it's for a few minutes or a few years, he won't just allow them to die. That is what is being discussed.
Here you go, I'll quote another line back at you.
>Are you really that stupid?
No need to answer that.

>I'm criticizing the anime you idiot;
I'm talking about the manga because I have that readily available to give you examples. The anime should have it too, otherwise it's flawed and people have been pointing out to you not to take the anime-original takes for proper characterization since the beginning of the thread.
But you have a knack for skipping past things that would prove you wrong, don't you?
>>
Gon wanted Pitou to save Kite and the only way he could get Pitou to listen to him was by threatening to kill Komugi. To Gon Kite was more important than some random blind girl he's never met before so it's not surprising that he was willing to kill her if it meant saving Kite.
>>
Gon is a monstrous cunt who is more animalistic than the ants.
>>
>12 years old
>>
>>120832600

lol, Gon's mental strength is questioned multipl times by multiple characters (Biske, Morau, Killua, etc.). And it was heavily hinted at that he was on the cusp of having a breakdown.
>>
>>120833686

They were fond memories, retard. Seeing a person you looked up to live up to your expectations and having him acknowledge as a comrade would be a positive memory for Gon.

Are you seriously this autistic.
>>
>>120833863
Except that's not what's being discussed at all. His jarring hatred toward Pitou is being discussed.

If I want to critique an anime, I can. I'm not criticizing the manga, therefore it's not relevant, how thick do you need to be to realize this?

Too superficial? I get it, the manga's probably better written than the anime. Does that mean the anime shouldn't be criticized for poorly adapting it? Fuck no.
>>
>>120834134
>Are you seriously this autistic.
>>
>>120834134
If you weren't such a superficial mong, you'd realize I was arguing about how that doesn't merit a mental breakdown. Seeing a person live up to your expectations isn't a strong emotional connection, but seeing as you're an extremely superficial imbecile, I can understand how you thought it was.
>>
>>120831800
/thread
>>
>>120834142
>Except that's not what's being discussed at all. His jarring hatred toward Pitou is being discussed.
You are completely and utterly incapable of following quote chains, it seems.

Now you are also ignoring the argument being made instead of verifying if it's in the anime. I wonder if you do this to save yourself from further shame.
You cannot win this argument though.
>>
>>120834075
There was that scene where he scares Morel and he literally says something about him having a breakdown (or going crazy or something I'm not at the pc so I can't check). You'd have to be blind to ignore that obvious warning sign.
>>
>>120833328
>1920x1080
>.png
>1.51MB
>>
>>120834205

Seeing a person you looked up to and befriended you have his arm cut off and then manipulated as a dead puppet can't cause a mental breakdown?

Okay. Retard.
>>
>>120833709
It's easy to say this, but as an audience member, I don't feel the strong emotional connection between him and Kite. All I've seen from Kite is him kicking ant ass & a 2 minute flashback, so seeing Gon react the way he does felt all the more jarring.
>>
>>120833923
This, plus from everything that gon and killua had experienced of the bugs up until that point, they KNEW they had to be ruthless to them since they would get no mercy in return. Keep in mind these are bugs that were speeding their own development through their queen devouring thousands of humans indiscriminately.
>>
>>120833768
>a 12 year old isn't really able to make the distinction
Stop the presses.
>>
>>120834334
>indiscriminately
Obviously, she is an animal after all.
>>
>>120834298
Again, it wasn't the emotional connection, it was the responsibility that Gon couldn't deal with.
>>
>>120833737
Just the fujoshi obsession with that little fuck made me dislike Killua

Thank god Gon was around to piss them all off with his mental breakdown
>>
>>120834142

>jarring hatred toward Pitou
>jarring hatred towards a person who killed your friend mercilessly and then manipulated him as a puppet
>compounded by the fact that said monster just lied to you after you complied to follow it's wishes and is about to kill you

Why shouldn't Gon hate Pitou. He would hate anyone that killed someone close to him.
>>
>>120833793
>I'm criticizing the anime you idiot; not the manga, not the brand- I'm talking about the 2011 anime by Madhouse.

are you aware that it's all the same shit
>>
>>120834372
Ignore the fujoshit, Killua is still a great character.
>>
>>120834293
For a superficial idiot like yourself, sure it can.

However, as an audience member who's prepared to think; seeing Gon completely lose his humanity over the death of a character that received little to no development felt arbitrary, and it made him hard to sympathize with.
>>
>>120834371

>superficial idiot

I like how you think you know what's "superficial" or not for a fictional 13 year-old character.

And Gon didn't lose his humanity because he wanted to kill someone that killed his friend and mentor.
>>
>>120834372
I kind of think I'm on a boat of my own with the whole fujoshit thing. It took me a long time to realize it, but Killua is my self insert, that's probably why I never hated Gon despite being a Killuafag.
>>
>>120834371
>>120834443
>>120833747
>>120833793
Stop deleting your posts for minor corrections. What is wrong with you?
>>
>>120834401
No I'm not aware. I've only watched the anime, and here I see a bunch of people telling me shit is better explained in the manga, which I don't care about, because I'm not critiquing the manga.
>>
>>120834401
>are you aware that it's all the same shit
Spoken like a true faggot who hasn't read the manga.
>>
>kite saved gon's life in the past
>told him about his father and hunters
>inspired him to become a hunter, a major turning point in his life

>WHY HE MAD DAT PITOU KILLED HIM AND THEN LIED TO HIM ABOUT REVIVING HIM
>>
>>120834448
lel, I'm not calling Gon superficial; you're the one I'm labeling superficial, and this latest post of yours has gone some way in reinforcing that.
>>
>tfw I'll probably feel the need to recreate all of my webms when sound is enabled on other boards

what a struggle
>>
>>120834621

heh, i remember when people thought this episode would have shit animation.
>>
>>120834401
The Madhouse anime changes a lot of stuff about Kaito and his relationship to Gon, which ends up fucking up a lot of things regarding Gon's progression in the CA arc.
>>
>>120834583

But exactly why are you calling me superficial? Because I'm able to see the logic behind Gon's reaction?

Stop using words that you don't know how to use.
>>
>>120834205
The autism levels in this thread are too damn high.

Railroad engineers have been known to have mental breakdowns because of people that jump in front of trains to kill themselves. They feel overwhelming guilt regardless of if they even knew the person or not.

Gon is a 12 year old kid, and he looks up to Kite because of the close connection he has with his father. If someone were to kill Justin Beiber or some other popular singer that kids idolize, they'd be more than just angry and wanting to seek revenge, and more than just having a mental breakdown, they'd be traumatized for the rest of their fucking lives.
>>
Who is best Zodiac and why is it Cheadle?
>>
>>120834726
It's because you think killing a bunch of ants over 2-3 episodes is enough for two characters to develop an emotional bond strong enough to warrant one of them having a huge mental breakdown over the thought of the other dying.

Killing Peon Monsters =/= Strong Character Development.
>>
>>120834826
Doggystyle.
>>
>>120834443
Read the manga.

The show had Gon completely forget about Kite until he met him again while in the manga it's made clear that Kite was his motivation for becoming a Hunter in the first place. He remembered him perfectly well and was delighted to see him again immediately, without that filler scene of Kite "shooting" him and Killua saving him. If you've read One Piece, Kite is Gon's Shanks. He's a fucking 12 year old who watched his personal hero who saved his life as a kid die in front of him and blamed himself for said death.
>>
>>120834877

Yeah, you're a retard. Again, you don't decide what is sufficient for "character bonding".
>>
>>120834904
The anime even took out the part where Gon showed Killua where he met Kite on Whale Island.
>>
File: 1420835944871.jpg (41 KB, 640x664) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420835944871.jpg
41 KB, 640x664
>>120834497
>What is wrong with you?

pic related

he should probably learn how to proofread
>>
>>120834820
Lol, laughable example from a typically dumb poster.

By that logic, why didn't he have a mental breakdown after letting Hisoka decapitate an examinee? Why didn't he have a mental breakdown when the bomber blew up all those people he initially teamed with? What about when Razor blasted someone's head off? It must've been so traumatizing for his fragile, 12 year old mind...
>>
The was literally no point to the election arc when you think about it
>>
>>120834969
Why can't the kid put the blocks down orderly?
>a ut i sm
The fuck.
>>
>>120834956
Yeah, Kite is more of a constant presence in the manga and you understand that Gon cares about him even before you actually meet him in CA. That's the one thing that the anime seriously fucked up, other than that I have no major issues with it.
>>
>>120834953
You're perfectly entitled to interpret Gon & Kite's interactions as strong character bonding; you're just a superficial mong as a result.

If you want to see believable, non-superficial character development, read Nana.
>>
>>120834974

He had no connection to any of those examinees. He didn't know them. He does know Kite and Kite has had a significant impact on his life.

And why do you expect Gon to react the same was as railroad engineers or anyone at all? People are different. There are people who've fought in wars who sleep like babies and those that suffer from PTSD.
>>
>>120835035
>Nana
Is that even finished yet?
>>
>>120835015
The was literally no point to anime when you think about it
>>
>>120835015
Retarded post.
>>
>>120834974
What does a random person he didn't know or care for dying have to do with anything. How is someone he greatly respects dying the same as a random stranger? Your examples are terrible anon.
>>
>>120835185

>Already knew Illumi wants to control Killua
>Literally no character building during the election except Paris likes to fuck with people which is whats been described over the DA so far

Pointless arc
>>
Pitou did nothing wrong.
>>
>>120834498
And people wonder why animeonly fags are literal cancer. Not that I've read the manga, mind you.
>>
A better thing to be mad at is Kite surviving. Not only is it an asspull and totally invalidates the drama surrounding his death, he comes back as a fucking chimera ant and female.
>>
>>120835347
Please read it.
>>120835352
It's not an asspull. The queen ate his brain.
>>
File: 53431.jpg (29 KB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
53431.jpg
29 KB, 500x281
>>120835282

>Zodiacs introduction
>Finally Ging appears.
>Rivalry between Cheadle and Pariston
>Alluka/Nanika introduction
>Hisoka and Illumi working together.
>Gotho's death
>Implying Pairston can be a villian in the future.
>Gon being healed

Yes, a very pointless arc.
>>
>>120835381
It is an asspull because we are never shown the fight between pitou and kite, only the end result. So all we are left with is the assumption that he must have lost due to his arm or lack of skill against pitou. Which I didn't buy since she showed up literally that fucking episode (anime time, not sure about manga) and managed to figure out about nen, learn her specialty and somehow beat kite.

Imagine they did this shit in Yu Yu Hakusho. Instead of Genkai getting defeated by toguro, the man she has history with, it's some character you barely know and only just got introduced the same episode. It's fucking lame.
>>
>>120835282
Thanks for revealing that you didn't pay attention to the arc.
>>
>>120835546
What are you trying to say?
>>
>there are people who don't like Gon

I don't understand
>>
>>120835546
I don't think you are talking about the same thing we are talking about
Nor do I think you know what asspull means
>>
>>120835546
Do you know what asspull means?
>>
>>120834401
Retard.
>>
File: u343_800.jpg (73 KB, 599x994) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
u343_800.jpg
73 KB, 599x994
>>120833367
No. He just wants to take advantage of it now.
>>
>>120835546
Yes, it's shitty writing that completely invalidates all the character development Gon went through and feels like something ripped straight from one piece.

That doesn't make it an asspull.
>>
File: Chrollo2.png (267 KB, 428x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Chrollo2.png
267 KB, 428x800
>>120835546
You're an absolute fucking retard
>>
>>120835706
I honestly only think Kite died because Togashi decided he didn't want him to be male anymore.
>>
>>120835706
Not that anon, but I think that is what they meant.
>>
File: totally serious.png (195 KB, 492x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
totally serious.png
195 KB, 492x360
>>120835703
>>
>>120835616
This. Gon is best boy. He din du nutin wrong, he just lost his shit because he felt angry and guilty for Kite's death.
>>
>>120835706
Who cares. Kite didn't get revived, there's just a chimera ant that has Kite's memories. The Kite that died and the chimera ant Kite aren't the same person.
>>
File: 1416336929089.jpg (8 KB, 225x224) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416336929089.jpg
8 KB, 225x224
>people dislike Gon because he threatened to kill someone
>people like Killua, a literal assassin
>people like Hisoka, who kills to calm his horniness
Since when do you guys pretend to be moralfags?
>>
>>120835973
>The Kite that died and the chimera ant Kite aren't the same person.

You'd have a point there if the series didn't explicitly state the exact opposite
>>
>>120835973
>Kite didn't get revived,
Except that Ging explained that not dying is his power.
>>
>>120835997
Killua and Hisoka aren't hypocrites.
>>
>>120836047
Neither is Gon.
>>
>>120836012
No he didn't. Ging only said that Kite has a special crazy slot ability that Kite can only use when he doesn't want to die. Ging didn't even know if Kite was dead or alive or not, so how the fuck would he know he got eaten by a chimera ant and then another ant was born with his memories. All the other ants that retained some/all of their memories didn't need any special powers to do it, are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>120836012
He has a chance to get it, and Ging assumed that's how he survived, Ging assuming something doesn't make it true
A lot of ants retained their old memories, I don't get why people are so upset about it happening to Kite too.
>>
>>120835973
Kite's soul is in that body, anon.
>>
He's a child and his morals are that of a child, so it makes perfect sense.

Flawed character? Are you guys retarded or something
>>
>>120833333
It is absolutely natural for him to go after Pitou, you know his relationship with Kite, he's not some stranger to Gon.
>>
File: c8.png (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
c8.png
45 KB, 300x300
BEST BOY COMING THROUGH
>>
>>120836093
People are upset about it happening to Kite too because Gon went though all this shit for Kite's sake so having him alive at the end makes all the character development and Gon being willing to die to avenge him feel stupid.
>>
File: 1402702831009.png (173 KB, 501x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402702831009.png
173 KB, 501x576
>>120836128
Wrong picture
>>
File: 928873589377.png (317 KB, 853x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
928873589377.png
317 KB, 853x480
>>120836061
>Neither is Gon.
>>
>>120836001
>>120836012
Not this guy, but they just said that his ability has a weapon that shows up when he has a strong will to survive
Ants that still have their memories had a strong will as humans (see Welfin, Colt, Gyro)
The whole crazy slot thing that Ging explained only puts emphasis on the fact that Kite had a strong will to survive (probably to buy time for Gon and Killua to escape) and also explains why the ant that was born from his brain has all his memories
>>
>>120836098
How would you know. Kite's soul isn't in the ant Kite, she just has his memories. How the fuck would that even work.

The Ant Kite even has a different personality than the human one.
>>
>>120836167
>>
>>120836167
>boy
>>
File: c88.png (46 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
c88.png
46 KB, 300x300
>>120836167
>>
>>120836087
>Special slot
Damn, that was dumb as fuck
>>
>>120836193
Gon is just generally nice to people he meets, he never pretended being a goody two shoes boy.
Even if he was, there's a point where even the nicest person snaps and acts selfishly and ruthlessly just to get what he wants.
>>
>>120836163
Plus Kite showing up as basically a completely different character with the same mind just increases the stupidity. I know it makes sense given that his brain was eaten, but if crazy slot was really trying to ensure he would survive, why not an immediate thing like teleportation away from the danger zone.
>>
>>120830182
I'm sure you faggots have said something really mean to someone just in spite because you were super pissed at them but didnt actually mean it. I don't think Gon was going to kill chess bitch. Don't get butt hurt because Gon-kun didn't just talk-no-jutsu your waifu.
>>
Gon doesn't deserve Killua as a friend.
>>
Pitou was such a qt cat that was gradually changing into a good being.
Fuck Gon.
>>
>>120836371
If it's not really Kite, how is Gon going to react when he finds out?
>>
>>120836384
But Killua wants to be his friend.
>>
>>120836384
Gon also saved Killua you know.

Not physically but mentally. That's why Killua tries so hard for Gon.
>>
>>120836498
And then he broke his hands and spirit.
>>
>>120836420
I love Pitou and everything but she would only ever be as "good" as Meruem wanted her to be, left to her own devices and she's turning corpses into toys.
>>
>>120836384
>Killua knocks him out when he's about to fight Pitou
>he still only feels angry at Pitou and himself and punishes both although Killua contributed to Kite's death much more than him
>be called selfish by Killua for using a last resort when he was about to be killed
What a dick, right?
>>
>>120836550
Pitou vs Illumi never
>>
>>120836553
Also people forget that he singlehandedly took care of a royal guard while the rest of the team was struggling against the other two even though they greatly outnumbered them.

If Gon wasn't there to keep Pitou busy who knows how the fight would've ended up.
>>
>>120836553
Do you seriously think Gon stood a chance against Pitou? If Killua hadn't knocked out Gon both Gon and Kite would have died. Killua did nothing wrong.
>>
>>120836371
It was Ging's idea. Why did you expect something practical?
>>
>>120836670
Shhh, let anon live in his delusions.
>>
>>120836553
Nope. Killua's and Gon's presence was a handicap, not a benefit, for Kite.
>>
>>120836670
That's not my point. Killua was the reason Gon felt guilty and did all the shit that happened during the palace invasion, and he still called him selfish.
>>
>>120836785
You're right.
If Gon was dead, he wouldn't feel guilty. Fuck Killua.
>>
Killua is the actual MC of HxH
>>
>>120836827
If Gon didn't make his contract, he'd be dead as well
Killua has no right to call him selfish
>>
Could you call Meruem a complex character?
>>
>>120836862
But it was selfish. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right choice, though.
Killua and Gon were supposed to challenge Pitou together, according to the plan, and Killua thought that Gon was just putting himself into danger IIRC
>>
>>120836785
>he still called him selfish
He was being selfish. Did Gon ever stop to think about the people that cared for him? Mito? Kurapika and Leoroio? Killua? No he didn't.
>Killua was the reason Gon felt guilty
No. Killua is the reason Gon is alive.
>>
>>120834568
>implying Pitou lied (on purpose)
>>
>>120836977
Then why did Killua leave Gon's side when he was waiting for Pitou? Pitou lied about the time it'd take to heal Komugi and she'd have killed Gon if Knuckles and co didn't take Komugi hostage
>>
>>120834568
>pitou lied
Is this a meme?
>>
>>120836986
So what was the right thing to do, be killed by Pitou? Wouldn't that have hurted those who cared for Gon a lot more?
What he did is also the reason he is alive.
>>
>>120836371
>but if crazy slot was really trying to ensure he would survive

For the last fucking time, that had nothing to do with Ant Kite retaining his memories.

The only thing we know is that Kite conjured the mace when he fought Pitou, and then they show Pitou covered in scratches holding Kites head. Then Pitou fed his brain to the Queen and turned his body into a puppet to train soldiers.

An ability Kite only uses when he desperately wants to survive only means it's his strongest crazy slot ability. He cant have a weapon that can teleport him or do all this other shit because those abilities fall in other categories, and Kite isn't a fucking specialist.
>>
Nobody else seems to mention it so I'll say Megumi Han's voice acting in that episode is 10/10
>>
>>120836422
The fuck are you talking about nigger. She has Kite's memories why would Gon care.
>>
>>120836422
>It's not really Kite
Then what "is" Kite, his body or his conscience?
>>
>>120837118
I haven't watched/read the Chimera Ant arc in a while so I don't really remember.
>>
>>120836422
Except it is. Did you miss everything Koala man talked about? The fact that his soul survived, and how he didn't believe such a thing could exist back when he was a hired killer?
>>
>>120837163
>What he did is also the reason he is alive.
What he did is the reason he was bedridden, close to death. Killua finding Alluka and begging her to save Gon is the reason he's alive. Killua saves Gon... again.
>>
>>120837355
Yes, but if he didn't do it he'd be dead. Let me make my point simpler to understand
>Killua prevents Gon from fighting Pitou and dying
>Gon makes a contract that put a huge toll on his body to avoid getting killed by Pitou
>somehow he is considered selfish by Killua
>>
>>120832524

I'd betray humanity in a heart beat, if all they do is become fodder for a Cell knockoff.
>>
>>120837155
retard hivemind
>>
>>120837236
I've seen it mentioned before, it really was fucking great.
>>
>>120837546
Humans are also violent by nature.(Google it for source)

We have become civilized over long periods of time.

The Chimera Ants (some of them) didn't take a long time to become civil.

Also, why was the queen able to speak the language in the Hunter x Hunter universe? Who did she learn it from?
>>
>>120837669
>Also, why was the queen able to speak the language in the Hunter x Hunter universe? Who did she learn it from?
Ging
>>
>>120837642
The emotion was fucking amazing. And she's cute as fuck too
>>
I hate Gon ever since he killed Pitou. I hope he's never strong again.
>>
>>120837669

Probably all the people she ate. Also, I wish the Chimera Ant arc OP wasn't misleading. I wish an army of ants actually attacked.
>>
>>120837763
Busy doing his homework
>>
>>120837763
>born from the genetic makeup of literally thousands of mercilessly slaughtered humans and animals
>lobotomizes helpless nen boy not even 10 minutes out the womb
>kills highly experienced nen user/mentor to gon and killua not even 20 minutes out the womb
> no reason other than must protect muh king
Yea, Gon. What an asshole.
>>
>>120834348
How fucking messed up are you? Yes they can make that distinction, the only ones that can't are actual psycho's which I'm beginning to think you are.
>>
>>120835546
I thought the whole point about Kite-s nen was that he can't control what weapon he takes out. I assume that there was at least one thing even more powerful than his uber-scythe thingy which would have helped him maybe even kill Pitou but he just did not pull it out. RNG fucked him over.
>>
>>120837482
And if Killua didn't save him twice he'd be dead.
>>
Do you think Pitou did lewd things to Kite's body when she used it as a toy? I mean he was pretty hot.
>>
File: lKaicvA.jpg (220 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lKaicvA.jpg
220 KB, 3000x3000
>>120837546
Meruem > Cell

Also, your bait is showing.
>>
>>120837916
>replying to 2 hours old post
>still being wrong

Children aren't reasonable adults. The only reason they don't go around killing people is because they don't have that power. Gon did.

Didn't you watch that Twilight Zone episode? Giving immature children a lot of power is never a good idea.
>>
>>120837888
>Mentor doesn't even die
>gets revived as a girl because lol why not
>Pitou actually felt bad
>Loved her king because it was what she was born to do
Yeah what a bitch. She was killed because Gon had a temper tantrum of ridiculous proportions.
>>
>>120837919
Nah, basically it picks the best weapon for the situation
>>
>>120837944
no she's pure
>>
>>120837944
Only in your headcanon.
>>
>>120837936
There were three paths and only one where he had a chance at staying alive
>fight Pitou with Kite and die
>be killed by Pitou in that underground thing
>do the contract and somehow be healed
din du nutin
>>
>>120837999
>>Mentor doesn't even die

He didn't know that. Actually I'm pretty sure he flipped out because Pitou told him he's deaaaaaaad.


>>Pitou actually felt bad

Yeah she felt bad she didn't toy around with him more.
>>
>>120838057
You're really simple-minded, huh?
>>
>>120837999
>>Pitou actually felt bad
This fanfiction
>>
>>120837999
>Mentor doesn't even die
Gon wasn't aware of this, and he technically was dead before being reborn.

>Pitou actually felt bad
Epic
>>
>>120837669
>Also, why was the queen able to speak the language in the Hunter x Hunter universe?

You mean Japanese? She can only speak through telepathy, she's not actually speaking the language dumbfuck.
>>
>>120837999
>Pitou actually felt bad
Pitou felt pity for Gon, but nothing indicates she felt bad for what she did to Kite.
>>120838130
>Yeah she felt bad she didn't toy around with him more.
Headcanon.
>>
>>120838224
She had no reason to feel bad for what she did to Kite, he was her enemy.
>>
>>120837999
>Mentor doesn't even die
>>
>>120838132
What's your point?
>>
>>120838324
Got revived.
>>
>>120838260
I know.

I wonder if they would get along now that they're siblings, but we'll never find out
>>
Which Kite would you?
>>
>>120838349
After Gon avenged him. Its like you've never been exposed to shounen tropes before.
>>
>>120835532
>Rivalry between Cheadle and Pariston

Oh Bark pls, more like

>Love between Cheadle and Pariston
>>
>>120836229
>Kite's soul isn't in the ant Kite, she just has his memories.
>The Ant Kite even has a different personality than the human one.
When was this said? I thought Koala said the opposite. Is ant Palm a different Palm too, then?
>>
>>120838349
>Got revived

>>120835973
>>120836087
>>120836229
>>120837171
>>
File: kite.jpg (214 KB, 615x691) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kite.jpg
214 KB, 615x691
>>120838455
Original Kite is pretty sexy.
>>
>there will never be a HxH thread without massive shitposting
s i g h
>>
File: 103258578584.png (170 KB, 441x430) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
103258578584.png
170 KB, 441x430
>>120838455
The real one.
>>
File: 1422662669188.jpg (368 KB, 1000x1339) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422662669188.jpg
368 KB, 1000x1339
>>120830182
>>
>>120838538
>When was this said?

It's called logic. Not everything needs to be explained dumbfuck.
>>
>>120838608
This would be good if that actually looked like Pitou.
>>
>>120838568
faggot
>>
>>120837973

>bait

Fuck no. Being a human is absolutely boring.
>>
>>120836286
Why would it be? It was just a slot he had a chance to get if he was close to death or some shit like that, he had loads of slots we didn't even get to see.
>>
>>120838658
Memory and consciousness is what makes a soul though
>>
>>120838508

Never, she never will feel love on that psychopath, she already knows Pariston's nature.

And like Ging said, she's jealous of him because he has Netero's "spirit", so she hates him even more.
>>
>>120838508
>implying Togashi isn't setting up Pariston and Ging
>>
File: 1422628143705.jpg (325 KB, 784x1145) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422628143705.jpg
325 KB, 784x1145
>>120838785
>>
>>120838785
Sounds like one of the most violent hatefucks you could think of
Can't wait
>>
>>120838785
>implying Cheadle isn't Gon's mom
Why do you think his hair is green-ish?
>>
>>120838825
>Gon can smell like a dog as well
>>
>>120838785
>>120838760
Okay knowing Togashi Parsiton x Ging might also happen.
>>
File: u3945_800.jpg (68 KB, 437x742) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
u3945_800.jpg
68 KB, 437x742
>>120838825
Silly anon. Pariston is Gon's mother.
>>
>>120838915
>also has a pointy nose
Shit i found out the DC arc plot twist by accident
>>
File: 5453.jpg (258 KB, 717x1012) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5453.jpg
258 KB, 717x1012
>>120838825
>implying Cheadle isn't pure anymore.

She doesn't have time for love for now, and she will with Leorio at the end of the series.
>>
File: no.jpg (143 KB, 722x377) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
no.jpg
143 KB, 722x377
>>120838825
>Why do you think his hair is green-ish?
>>120838915
>Gon can smell like a dog as well
Jesus christ no
>>
>>120838693
doesn't look particularly off model. At least the artist got the hands right
>>
>>120839076
Gon is like 14 though, she probably had time for Ging's love and dick back then
Also
>wanting his waifu to end up with someone
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
File: furry.jpg (87 KB, 602x396) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
furry.jpg
87 KB, 602x396
>>120838825
Nah, Gon isn't an annoying ugly unlikable cunt
>>
>>120839126
>doesn't look particularly off model
Pitou has long legs, giant hips, and thick thighs. How does it not?
>>
>>120838915
But she isn't a dog just making herself looking like one
>>
>>120838542
nice headcanon.
>>
>>120838752
>he had loads of slots we didn't even get to see
Hope there is one that will allow him to have his original form. Ant kite a shit.
>>
File: cheadle.png (173 KB, 700x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cheadle.png
173 KB, 700x700
>>120839150
Except he is.
>>
>>120839259
>Gon
>ugly
>unlikable
Delete this post
>>
>>120832215
Any 14 years old who can kill people with a single punch would do what Gon did.
>>
>>120839301
>gon
>not ugly or unlikeable
He's just like his father.
>>
>there are people who don't want to fuck the Pitou ITT
Explain yourselves
>>
>>120839360
How dare you, Ging is a beautiful man
>>
File: 34234.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
34234.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
>>120839139
I don't think so, she would have like 10-13 years, too young to have a baby, besides, she was very busy studying to become Doctor and a law scholar.
>>
File: ugly homeless cunt.png (140 KB, 620x350) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ugly homeless cunt.png
140 KB, 620x350
>>120839542
There is nobody who actually believes this.
>>
>>120838757
Your point?
>>
>>120839637
Therefore Kite's soul is in the chimera ant, making her Kite.
>>
When will Pitoufags stop these threads
We know you hate Gon for killing your waifu.
You don't need to remind us everyday.
>>
>>120839614
Was her age said?
>>
>>120839510
I don't like men
>>
>>120839634
>not liking Ging's chic hobo style
>not liking Ging's short height
>>
File: Yusuke-Urameshi-2.jpg (57 KB, 436x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Yusuke-Urameshi-2.jpg
57 KB, 436x540
>>120839634
Ging is a grown up Urameshi so shut your trap
>>
Does the art get any better?
>>
>>120839676
it's only been four years, nine months, fourteen days.
there's a lot more venting to do.
>>
>>120839676
OP seems to be more of a Komugifag than anything.
>>
>>120839676
>tfw Pitou is my waifu and i like Gon/don't blame him
#NotYourShield
>>
>>120839740
>Ging is just Yusuke who became bored and travelled around the world
>he actually comes from the Dark Continent which is the YYH verse
>final arc is the Demon World Tournament again
>>
File: 25303908.jpg (145 KB, 800x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
25303908.jpg
145 KB, 800x600
>>120839713
So then Pitou-chan should be right up your alley.

Everyone likes catgirls.
>>
File: 34532289_big_p8.jpg (124 KB, 600x683) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
34532289_big_p8.jpg
124 KB, 600x683
>>120839752
No
>>
File: 1421442554423.png (375 KB, 1651x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421442554423.png
375 KB, 1651x1200
>>120839733
Kite is more attractive.
>>120839740
Why would he get uglier as he ages?
>>120839752
It varies, pic related.
>>
>tfw can't find any Cheadle/Pitou hentai
Come on, cat and dog, it was made to be a thing
>>
>>120839896
Kite's cute but I don't want to sensually beat him up like ging
>>
>>120839634
I do, I even had a sex dream about him
>>
File: 45310960.png (2 MB, 2894x2481) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
45310960.png
2 MB, 2894x2481
>>120839929
too pure for even the purest form of love
>>
File: dank meme.png (39 KB, 779x339) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dank meme.png
39 KB, 779x339
>>120838508
>>120838760
>>120838785

you should read this, point number 2 is pretty interesting.
>>
>>120839752
No
>>120839896
You know it does't, just going trough the first chapters it's an awful experience.
>>
>>120838752
>I fucked up
>I'm not actually ded lol!
>>
>>120830182
he doesn't have morals beyond his personal feelings, which is the whole point.
>>
>>120840052
If it's an anagram what happens to the second 'l' in Hill?
Doesn't change how Togashi is setting this >>120838808 up
>>
>>120840052
That's actually... quite plausible. I completely forgot about Paris Hilton's dog.
>>
>>120840107
>You know it does't, just going trough the first chapters it's an awful experience.
That's mostly because the scans are shit.
>>
File: 24441240_p1.jpg (166 KB, 923x648) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
24441240_p1.jpg
166 KB, 923x648
>>120840052

Pariston's anagram is very old, and you forgot about saccho's last name, if I remember he can be the real mole.

I already thought about those points since time ago, and the only thing that will cause Cheadle being the mole is that being blackmailed by Pariston
>>
File: bunnyslut.jpg (100 KB, 400x1016) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bunnyslut.jpg
100 KB, 400x1016
I WANT TO FUCK THE PIYON
>>
So Ging is more or less a rich as fuck bum, right? Does that make him one of those hipsters?
>>
>>120839670
I never said it wasn't Kite dumbfuck.
>>
>>120834142
You can't criticize the character as if it only exists in one format tho. The anime is an adaptation, not an original work.
>>
>>120839670
>her
>>
>>120840471
>How would you know. Kite's soul isn't in the ant Kite, she just has his memories. How the fuck would that even work.
>The Ant Kite even has a different personality than the human one.
Wasn't that what you said?
>>
>>120840358
>and the only thing that will cause Cheadle being the mole is that being blackmailed by Pariston
Why would you think so?
>>
>>120834205
experiencing hardship and danger and being saved by someone else/working along side someone with your lives on the line creates an important bond tho
>>
>>120840415
Best girl
>>
>>120840580
>Bisky
>Pitou
>Piyon
>Kite
What does HxH have so many top tier waifus?
>>
>>120840516
new kite was at least explicitly stated to be a girl
>>
File: cnEnrna.jpg (145 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cnEnrna.jpg
145 KB, 1440x810
>>120840624
>Bisky

Okay there faggot
>>
>>120840624
>what
Fuck me i'm tired
Why*
>>
>>120840553
Kite was also the closest thing Gon had to a father figure
>>
>>120840659
>not wanting to be romanced by joseph joestar with boobs
you might be the faggot here, anon.
>>
>>120840624
What's so great about Piyon? She hasn't done much yet.
>>120840659
>liking a woman makes you a faggot
I'm fine with that then
>>
>>120840704
I doubt he saw him as a father figure, he seemed more like an older brother to me, which makes sense since he was his fathers disciple
>>
>>120840719
She's cute as fuck and was pretty funny during the elections.
>that need for attention at the mic
>that reaction at Pariston nominatig Cheadle as VC
I hope she doesn't die a horrible death like Ponzu or Pitou
>>
>>120840798
>forgetting Paku
>>
>>120840778
like, all of that is important, but i think the bigger thing is that it's the first time he's lost someone he cared about. that shit will fuck you up as a child, and the only strange thing is that he doesn't seem to be affected by it any more.
>>
>>120840866
>or Pokkle
>>
File: 24224.jpg (53 KB, 548x546) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
24224.jpg
53 KB, 548x546
>>120840550

Pariston has connections everywhere, he controls the majority of the association (that's why he won the elections ), surely he knows a lot of secrets including the Zodiacs and powerful people.

I will not be surprised if he already knows the abilities of all the Zodiacs, except Ging obviously.

Like I said before if she's the traitor, she will be easily manipulated by him if he knows something dark about Cheadle's past.

But that's not very likely, surely he wanted to put at test Cheadle's leadership and wanted to see how far she can manage the mission to D.C. with the pressure of V6 and other traps.
>>
>>120840872
Probably because he learned he was back
>>
>>120840943
>>120840798
>>120840866
Having a name which starts with P is a confirmed horrible death in HxH.
>>
File: 8568.jpg (328 KB, 633x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8568.jpg
328 KB, 633x800
>>120841008
Please Togashi.
>>
File: 22719726.jpg (838 KB, 3508x2480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
22719726.jpg
838 KB, 3508x2480
>>120841008
welp she was cute while she lasted
>>
File: 1421623617647.png (24 KB, 684x737) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421623617647.png
24 KB, 684x737
>>120841008
>Piyon
>Pariston
>Phinks
>>
>>120841008
P-Palm will be fine, right?
>>
>>120841050
Please no.
>>
>>120841091
Already dead ;)
>>
>>120841091
She already died and got her brains probed by Pitou, i'm sure she'll be fine now that she's an ant.
>>
>>120840518
No, I said this >>120835973

Ant Kite is Kite, but a different Kite than the human Kite. It's honestly not that difficult to understand.
>>
File: 1422780648750.gif (834 KB, 440x248) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422780648750.gif
834 KB, 440x248
It got apparent that there was something "wrong" with gon during greed island arc, especially while fighting genthru

they initially had a plan set out and were to immediately execute it to capture genthru. something inside gon told him "fuck it" and he went ahead and pushed himself to his limits, practically testing the waters by sacrificing his own fucking hands

even genthru, a psycho mass murderer, was struck with fear at that moment and he himself said "that guy is a psycho!"

so, there you go, gon is actually deeper than you think, ever since greed island, something changed about him and he was ready to sacrifice almost anything to get to his goal, regardless of how extreme the sacrifice would be

you can see that in the dodgeball match vs razor, where gon sacrificed killuas hands, where gon sacrificed his own hands (which, in turn might be a self punishment for what he did to killua) aswell as sacrificing "everything" up against pitou, because he could not achieve his goal of saving kite, ever, since pitou took it from him. so it wasnt as much about the companionship between gon and kite, but more about gon being determined on his goals, to the point where you could call him a psycho

I think it might be something he got from Ging, pretty sure there might be something going on there, you dont get to be the #1 hunter in the world without loosening a few screws
>>
>>120841209
Koala's monologue implies the chimera ants do posses the human soul from their past life.
>>
>>120841209
>it's Kite
>but it's not Kite
Yes, that's difficult to understand
>>
>>120841286
its kite + whoever got eating during the period in which he was created, its a mix of several people (including the girl the koala shot) but it seems kite is prominent by chance

so its kite, but also not quite kite, alright?
>>
>>120841286
kite was profoundly changed by becoming a CA, so it is arguable that he / she is now a different person that retains aspects of her previous existence, but relates to them differently than before.
>>
>>120841332
I'm pretty sure he only has the body from that girl and that the mind is Kite's alone, otherwise he'd also have other memories and be quite the schizo
>>120841356
This however makes more sense, even if i don't recall him saying anything about the way it affected him
>>
>>120841332
It's not Kite genetically
But it has kite's consciousness and personality.
>>120841356
I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Little girl Kite is just as stoic and serious as normal Kite was.
>>
>>120841389
idk i wouldn't really expect anyone who went through that to necessarily understand what happened.

i imagine it's something like receiving head trauma, going into a coma, and waking up with different parts of your personality and memories mixed up.
>>
File: 1408548888217.jpg (92 KB, 725x441) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408548888217.jpg
92 KB, 725x441
>>120840956
What makes you think she's being manipulated though? She may just be so against him to lead the opposition, while actually being on his side
>>
>>120841453
But that's just your headcanon, isn't it? He might still function in the exact same way for all we know.
>>
>>120841244
Yeah his craziness was pretty thoroughly foreshadowed, I think his fight with Hanzo was the first sign.
>>
File: 46764764.png (555 KB, 1280x711) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
46764764.png
555 KB, 1280x711
>>120841457

I'm not saying that, at least not like a fact, I'm only speculating, and I said "But that's not very likely".
>>
>>120839896
>Why would he get uglier as he ages?

Can you read what you just said?
>>
>>120841008
>Komugi
>Pitou
>Kite
>Netero
>Leol
>Kastro
Having white hair means death

Morel
Knov
White-haired Zoldycks
>>
>>120841552
>and the only thing that will cause Cheadle being the mole is that being blackmailed by Pariston
The way you said that made it seem like the only way she could possibly be on his side would be due to blackmail
>>
File: dragonquestx.jpg (215 KB, 1100x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dragonquestx.jpg
215 KB, 1100x500
>>120830182
>>
>boo hoo, the protagonist isn't a moralfag like all the others, he sucks! :(

Kill yourself.
>>
File: 3651651.jpg (62 KB, 700x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3651651.jpg
62 KB, 700x700
>>120841723
That's correct and when I wanted to explain more, I wrote:

>Like I said before if she's the traitor, she will be easily manipulated by him if he knows something dark about Cheadle's past.

But that's not very likely, surely he wanted to put at test Cheadle's leadership and wanted to see how far she can manage the mission to D.C. with the pressure of V6 and other traps.
>>
>>120841792
who are you quoting?
>>
>>120834372
I have the same face when i take a shit
>>
>>120841716
Poor Killua
>>
File: hunter10.jpg (39 KB, 600x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hunter10.jpg
39 KB, 600x450
>>120839510
>>
File: tad upset tbh.png (748 KB, 959x541) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tad upset tbh.png
748 KB, 959x541
>>120834372
>this foreshadowing
Shit, i never noticed
>>
>>120841800
Yes, but you make it out as if she couldn't possibly want to be on his side on her own
>>
File: HxH_c349_p19.jpg (273 KB, 784x1145) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
HxH_c349_p19.jpg
273 KB, 784x1145
>>120842129

Oh I see, now I understand you, well in that case I want to see why she can be in Pariston's side by her own, maybe to reveal the true intentions of Beyond Netero.

But surely the first thing that can happen is that some Zodiacs would be against Mizaistom and Kurapika because he used them to reveal the traitor..
>>
>>120839831
>girls
>>
How was gone power-up "foreshadowed" or whatever you call that, i never notice it, and it came to me as a surprise, well not really the power up mostly the entire growing up thing.
>>
I only read/watched HxH to see Killua cry.
>>
>>120842885
It wasn't.
>>
>>120842885
It wasn't.
>>
>>120841244
Well fucking said.

why are there no upvotes on 4chan
>>
File: soul crushed.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
soul crushed.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>120842906
Didn't we all?
>>
>>120842885
The growth wasn't foreshadowed, it was just how his life's potential manifested itself.
>>
File: 46403331_p5.gif (123 KB, 521x1000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
46403331_p5.gif
123 KB, 521x1000
>>120842885
>>
>>120842984
I fucking hated that teardrop shit in the anime
>>
>>120842885
The only way I can really think of it being foreshadowed is what Wing told him when he was explaining Kurapika's abilities. I think Wing knew Gon would do something incredibly stupid like that, and that's why he told Gon to never make a nen restriction on his abilities, because he knew Gon would take it too far.
>>
File: 1406002403019.png (319 KB, 533x523) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406002403019.png
319 KB, 533x523
>>120842885
It wasn't exactly, but we've heard in the series how nen with restrictions and emotions can be far more powerful, so it's not exactly impossible to see that someone could make a final sacrifice like that.
Shit, Neteros zero hand was basically that.
>>
>>120842995
God dammit, meant to reply to >>120842857
>>
>>120832332
He already did when his friend died and was about to when he was told Gon was dying
>>
>>120842995
Can I have one?
>>
HxH, where tiny, 4ft, 70lb manlet subhumans can annihilate gigantic ubermenschen in a matter of seconds.

Kek. Self insert MC detected.
>>
>>120842885
>well not really the power up mostly the entire growing up thing.

lol what an idiot.
>>
>>120842906
>people who get off to 12 year olds crying

The fuck is wrong with you poeple
>>
>>120841716
>White-haired Zoldycks
The white-haired Zoldycks should die for torturing their kids and raising them as assassins anyway. Killua's a faggot and has no desire to continue the tradition, so he can live. The black-haired children are all faggots as well, so they can live. Killua's mom should be stabbed in the face repeatedly until she dies, though.
>>
>>120842984
Fuck ;_; Killua's story was the saddest in Chimera Ant. Need to rewatch it soon.
>>
>>120843180
>ubermenschen

speak english or fuck off.
>>
File: Dwun.png (756 KB, 800x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Dwun.png
756 KB, 800x450
>>120843180
>Self insert
He already has one, pic related
>>
>shounen where cool semi-edgy character doesn't become evil edgemaster

feels killua man
>>
File: 1421871895072.jpg (79 KB, 640x629) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421871895072.jpg
79 KB, 640x629
>>120843210
>forcing your morals on a fictional chinese cartoon
>>
File: 45126792_big_p7.jpg (263 KB, 960x990) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
45126792_big_p7.jpg
263 KB, 960x990
>>120843166
>>
>>120843243
Killua is probably the most human out of all the characters.
>>
File: 1403807433068.png (84 KB, 190x172) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403807433068.png
84 KB, 190x172
>>120843310
This manga only has room for one edgemaster
>>
>>120843353
>Killua is probably the most human out of all the characters.
You mean Oreo guy?
>>
>>120832215
>I don't understand adolescent minds
>>
>>120843353
Yep and he started out as the least human. Best character in HxH along with Meruem.
>>
>>120841716
have of those characters might not even have white hair canonically. Colors in hxh are almost as noncanon as colors in jojo.
>>
>>120843362
Feitan is pretty cool when he's not raping Owls.
>>
File: 2379hf7843fg7839.png (135 KB, 242x257) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2379hf7843fg7839.png
135 KB, 242x257
what the fuck was with Alluka out of nowhere to have bajesus powers?
>>
>>120843408
>have
*half
>>
>>120831353
This would honestly be in line with the rest of this series tendency to just do random ass shit.
>oh they gonna fight man
>rock paper scissors
>aw shieeeet this ant guy's fuckin every one up
>dies to aids
>>
File: Feitan 3.png (185 KB, 500x634) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Feitan 3.png
185 KB, 500x634
>>120843434
Faitan a best boy
>>
>>120843437
DC arc hype
>>
Pitou lied, Killua cried
>>
File: 1400886396342.jpg (127 KB, 658x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400886396342.jpg
127 KB, 658x700
>>120843437
Deus ex machina to get the MC back into the story while also bringing attention to the dark continent
>>
>>120843523
>Pitou lied
Stop forcing this.
>>
>>120843581
What? Forcing the truth?
>>
>>120833017
Is that fucking Piccolo?
>>
File: 1421383472202.png (47 KB, 281x245) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421383472202.png
47 KB, 281x245
>>120843581
> implying Pitou isn't a lying Jewish puss
Kite was still alive.
>>
>>120843686
>Kite was still alive.
Right, in the Queen's womb.
>>
>>120843644
>>120843686
I partly think that Pitou didn't intend on lying. I'm sure she would've done anything to appease Gon as long as Komugi was in his hands, even if it meant waiting just a little longer before eliminating Gon. But once she got the phone call, the agreement was void (though this raises the question of why didn't Pitou just kill Gon in the hallway. Was it possible that she was willing to uphold her end of the bargain, assuming kite was treatable?)

Really though everything is that fucking faggot Pufu's fault
>>
>>120843335
Perfect sonfu for molesting and abusing
>>
>>120843970
I don't know about the anime, but in the manga it's pretty clear that Pitou didn't remember who Gon and Kite were until she saw Kite's corpse.
>>
>>120844109
That's not what I'm arguing. everyone understands that Pitou didn't know who Kite was.
The question is whether Pitou lied to Gon about the whole thing or only "lied" once she realized she can't do shit about kite.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 925x511) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 925x511
>>120844067
>you will never get to tenderly caress Killua
>>
>>120838508
I dont like that the anime gave her green hair
>>
>>120844286
I think she would have healed Kite if it were possible, but would still kill Gon as he was a threat.
>>
Killuafags are cancer.
>>
>>120843644
>>120843686
She didn't even know who Kite was, dumbfuck.
>>
File: 1418562403148.png (60 KB, 500x493) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418562403148.png
60 KB, 500x493
>>120844845
Only the fujo ones.
>>
>>120844673
No one cares what you think.
>>
>>120844892
And the pedo ones

See
>>120844620
>>120844067
>>
>tfw no Killua to fug
>>
>>120844945
Same thing

I just hide their posts.
>>
File: u237_800.png (132 KB, 368x596) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
u237_800.png
132 KB, 368x596
>>120844945
He's like 15, anon.
12 year old Killua is best though.
>>
>>120841780
Please, anything by Togashi will tend to get really dark, even if it's out of satire
Thread replies: 456
Thread images: 82
Thread DB ID: 36541



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.