[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of Servant would Shirou summon if he didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9

File: 1265619072219.jpg (49KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1265619072219.jpg
49KB, 300x300px
What kind of Servant would Shirou summon if he didn't have Avalon?
>>
Archer obviously
>>
>>120738137
He'd probably summon Archer, and then promptly lose the next day.
>>
Caster, because why the fuck not.
>>
>>120738147
Yeah, this. I dunno if he had put the gem away in the VN before the summoning, but the gem was still close enough that it would be the closest thing to act as a catalyst. But there had to be something in his shed that would count as a catalyst for Archer. All that aside, I'm pretty sure that without Avalon he wouldn't have been chosen for the war or summoned anyone, and so he would have just died. If we're being technical, if Shirou didn't have Avalon he would have died 10 years before Fate/Stay Night.
>>
>>120738252
>>120738147
I don't think you can summon archer again considering hes already summoned. The gem is tied to Rin as well though she probably won't become a legendary hero in the future.
>>
>>120738354
>I don't think you can summon archer again considering hes already summoned
Why not?
In the third war the Edelfeldt cunts, who look suspiciously like Rin and Sakura, summoned the same Saber, twice.
>>
>>120738221
>next day
>not three seconds after the summoning
>>
>>120738636
>Archer not being able to defeat at least Lancer
>>
>>120738651
But Archer had already been summoned, so it would be Saber EMIYA.

And EMIYA has shit stats for a Saber
>>
>>120738651
Rin Archer barely survived against nerfed Lancer. Archer under Shirou would get btfo in few seconds
>>
>>120738504
Wasn't there some bullshit tied to that? I have the impression that normally the holy grail just gives what class is missing. It wouldn't make much sense for Rin to be hoping for a saber class instead of archer in the intro othervise.
>>
>>120738651
>Archer defeating Lancer
What are you smoking?
Also his stats would be beyond shit without Rin as master
>>
Archer is a shit Servant in general who happens to have a really good super-ability. The issue is that Unlimited Blade Works, cool as it is, doesn't hold up versus an Excaliblast or Gae Bolg to the face.
>>
>>120738651
Okay, assuming that Archer wouldn't immediately try to get rid of Shirou (for example by not preventing Lancer's killing blow like Saber did or maybe even trying to kill Shirou himself) the fight would probably go pretty much the same way the Archer vs. Lancer fight went like 10-20 minutes earlier that day (and Saber vs. Lancer that happened in original), that is Lancer getting ready to use his NP, this time actually using it because he didn't get distracted. I don't think Archer would have enough luck to survive that thing like Seiba did.
>>
>>120738233
>Caster
He'd be killed or mind raped the instant she gets summoned.
>>
>>120738839
keep in mind archer already knows all the other servents so he has some idea how to beat them, where as he is a mystery to them
>>
>>120738868
You are forgetting that Rin Archer is has maxed out stats and massive ammounts of mana.
>>
>>120738874
Well lets not be too harsh on caster, she'd probably at least wait until she realises Shirou is a giant white knight thats probably going to be more of a liability to keep around than a boon.
>>
>>120738920
I'm not forgetting anything, it's just that Shirou's version of Archer being inferior would still result in Lancer killing Shirou for a second time that night, so I don't really think it needs to be mentioned.
Unless you meant that Shirou's Archer wouldn't even last long enough for Lancer to use his NP, in which case you are probably right.
>>
>>120738921
She'd probably die to Lancer before she got the chance.
>>
>>120738636
I'd imagine that Archer would attempt to kill Shirou immediately after getting over the improbability of his situation only for Shirou to panic and yell "DON'T KILL ME" and accidentally activate a command seal.

Cue Archer trying for the rest of the war to kill Shirou despite being possessed not to let him die.
>>
File: Siegfield_Ototsugu_Konoe.png (3MB, 1800x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Siegfield_Ototsugu_Konoe.png
3MB, 1800x2500px
>>120738137
He'd summon someone that Grail felt he was compatible with. So he'd probably summon a true Ally of Justice like Best Saber
>>
>>120738137
Himself

They'd spend the entire war arguing over each other but when shit hits the fan they'll easily use double UBW
>>
>>120738137
If you don't have a catalyst to force a connection to a hero, then you get a hero that is similar to you, like Caster-bros in the previous war.

So Shirou would get an idiot white knight to help him out. Lancelot maybe? Then he'd get continually NTR'd by his servant through the war.
>>
>rin's pendant
his older self

>personality boogeyman
gawain
sigurd
heracles

i prefer seeing shirou with actual white knights like those three above
>>
>>120738765
The explanation is that they summoned two sides of the same servant. For simplicity sake Nasu made it Saber and Saber alter. It wasnt actually the King Arturia Saber but it was the best way to explain what they did. And Im pretty sure they only could do it because of their family trait
>>
File: rejoice.png (180KB, 381x640px) Image search: [Google]
rejoice.png
180KB, 381x640px
>>120738137

Who's to say that the grail would pick him as a master if he didn't have a catalyst? Maybe Kotomine would have been selected instead, and then he wouldn't have had to steal Lancer from Bazett (though he'd probably still do it because fuck it, he'd have 3 servants).
>>
>>120741675
>you need a catalyst to participate in the grail war
>>
>>120741731

Not saying it's the sole reason, but it probably helps to jump the queue on the potential master list. Worked for Waiver.
>>
>>120741129
Good thing Rin's grandfather "took care" of that trait
>>
>>120739780
my nigga.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 740x555px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 740x555px
Excalibur Image.
>>
>>120741675
The Grail picks a shitton of people and gives them the Marks of the Chosen. First seven magi with marks of the chosen to summon their Servants are Masters, and the marks become Command Seals. Grail gives no fucks about catalysts, it just decides if you're "worthy" based on your nature as a magus, though its selection criteria are all sorts of weird.

>>120741129
Servants aren't Heroic Spirits, by the way. The Servant's just a half-rate copy the Grail makes, so there's no reason why you couldn't have two of one Servant summoned at the same time. It's not like it's the actual Heroic Spirit that shows up. It's just that the odds of that actually happening are low. We'll probably never have our Grail War of Six Hercs.

>>120738137
Like people said, he'd summon EMIYA. And probably get decapitated half a second later.

>>120738651
>EMIYA beating a serious Cu
>EMIYA beating a serious Cu on the first fight
>EMIYA beating a serious Cu on the first fight with Shirou as EMIYA's Master
>>
>>120742473
Oh god, its a type moon fag. Everyone stop posting for a while and maybe he'll get bored with nobody to correct and go away.
>>
>>120742473
>so there's no reason why you couldn't have two of one Servant summoned at the same time.

I think the issue is more two of the same class, rather than the same hero to different classes, but then again with the other games going beyond the initial 7 classes (not to mention the 3rd doing it as well by having avenger), that's all up in the air.
>>
>>120738137
Well, EMIYA is with Rin, so the Heroic Spirit should be related to the summoner's personality. Sigfried?
>>
>>120742473
>It's not like it's the actual Heroic Spirit that shows up
What about the super special mary sue saibah?
>>
File: Gawain.png (255KB, 467x635px) Image search: [Google]
Gawain.png
255KB, 467x635px
>>120739780
>Best Saber
At least post the actual Best Saber not second best Saber.
>>
>>120742674
Oh, yeah, that wouldn't work.

>A.そうですね。基本的に絶対枠としているのは3騎士だけなので、思いっきり特殊なマスターが集まれば世にも奇妙な聖杯戦争がはじまるでしょう。でも、同じクラスの重複召喚はできません。

Basically, only the three Knight classes are "fixed" for the Fuyuki system, and it's impossible to summon a duplicate if the duplicate is of the same class. So yeah, if they only qualify for one class, you can't have two of them in the same war. That said:

>"クラス分けされているのは同じ特色の英霊がかぶらないようにした配置かと。"

Means the Heroic Spirits are picked before the classes, and since only the Knight classes are locked the other four could viably change. There's also this bit from Fate route:

>There is a change in one or two of the classes every Holy Grail War, but we have a basic lineup this time.

Alternatively, you can just do a non-Fuyuki war like the Moon Cell's, which works on a different system (a better one that actually can do stuff).

But yeah, two of the same class is impossible. You could maybe say that there could be a second "original" class that replaces one of the non-Knight classes, that EMIYA happens to qualify for, depending on how far you want to stretch things.
>>
>>120742873
Well yeah, she's the snowflake exception. She's not getting 'ported from the Throne though, either way.

>>120742891
Go to bed, Gawain. It's past noon.
>>
>>120742946
>She's not getting 'ported from the Throne
How can she even be eligible for a summon, then?
>>
>>120742976
Pocket Dimension Avalon.
>>
>>120742976
She's in the Throne outside of time, but the one that's summoned for Grail Wars is her straight from the hill.

She's on the hill, she gets sent to innumerable opportunities to reach the grail from across time, and "after" that she's posited in the Throne as a legitimate Heroic Spirit. All the same, the "her" actualized in the Grail War is different from the "her" that gets stored in the Throne after her death.

Sort of. It's weird.
>>
>>120742918
why the fuck do you just have those quotes on hand
>>
>>120742918
Why is the Moon Cell better?
>>
>>120743208
It has a larger capacity for servants, can summon gods and Eastern heroic spirits unlike the Fuyuki grail.
>>
>>120743208
The servants gets better buffs which allows Archer to use this.>>120742429
>>
>>120743208
You can summon Cu with D-rank luck.
>>
>>120743276
I thought the fuyuki grail could summon eastern spirits and it was just that no one involved ever gave enough of a fuck about eastern heroes to purposefully choose one
>>
>>120743208
It's able to replicate and actualize Akashic records. You can refer to the chat that Hakunon has with Kotomine near the end of EXTRA for that, I'd post quotes but it'd probably fill the character limit, and I've got to go do shit.

It's actually capable of affecting the world and realizing a perfect future for you, unlike the Fuyuki Grail which is just a simple sacrificial ritual that's been leveled up a lot. Fuyuki's is way more limited because it's just a standard artificial miracle.

Also Moon Cell can replicate more stuff, can use Eastern HSs, and other obscene things.

Anyway I've got to go do shit, so I'll leave with this. It sums up why the Moon Cell is based pretty well.

>Holy Grail
>This had once been a term pointing out to the "wish granting machine that could grant any wish", but in Extra it's referring to the "right to use the Moon Cell."
>If you browse through the vast records of Earth simulations stored in the Moon Cell, you are sure to find the Earth with the future you desire.
>All you, you who have earned the right to use the Moon Cell, have to do is tell it this:
>"Recreate my ideal future."
>The Moon Cell should quickly move things forward so that the Earth will take the shape of that future.
>For the Moon knows how, it knows all that is to be done to make it so.

>You might say "I want all the girlies in the world to be mah little sister" for example, and then in about ten years, it would be assumed that society on Earth would be reorganized in that fashion.
>Or the Earth as a whole might be managed so that an apparatus that can make that dream "seem real " would be created.
>There is nothing that humans can 't realize as long as it lies within the scope of human imagination.
>Because whatever kind of illusion it is, however much of a pipe dream it is, there is a way to experience it.

Yes, this makes Gil's Collector skill broken. CCC wanked him. Well, sorta, it more just "clarified the wank". Nasu's Gilboner is huge.
>>
>>120743307
Isn't that just because they made the animation before Nasu could stop them?
>>
>>120743341
Something about Terrain advantage and they don't go NIPPON BANZAI on everyone's ass.
>>
>>120743343
>You might say "I want all the girlies in the world to be mah little sister" for example, and then in about ten years, it would be assumed that society on Earth would be reorganized in that fashion.

...I want this.

I NEED this.
>>
File: shiki.gif (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
shiki.gif
39KB, 500x500px
>>120743373
But then why wasn't Kojiro Sasaki completely broken?
>>
>>120743438
Because he was some random ass farmer with massive autism
>>
>>120743438
Not this shit again.
That wasn't Sasaki Kojirou also wasn't a heroic spirit so he didn't get fame boosts.
>>
>>120743438
He was just some farmer who got really mad at some birds
>>
>>120743343
>Moon Cell can canonically make everyone your imouto

What the hell? Why does nobody talk about this?

>>120743339
I think extra materials retconned him back to E actually.
>>
>>120738839
>The issue is that Unlimited Blade Works, cool as it is, doesn't hold up versus an Excaliblast or Gae Bolg to the face.

Archer's danger is not UBW; even according to Nasu, if that's all he has then he loses in direct battle pretty quickly against almost any servant.

However Archer can beat almost any servant due to his planning, ability to maximize what little he has, practical application, and personality. He can see twenty steps ahead, pull out just the right weapon, and snipe freely.

Don't ever just rush in and go "I cast Blade Works" like the Saber type fighters, Archer always has to play it cool and plot ahead if he wants to stand a chance. Being Batman is what makes him one of the more dangerous servants in some situations.
>>
>>120743508
because the gameplay was so fucking bad goddamn
>>
>>120743508
>I think extra materials retconned him back to E actually.
Being Lancer is suffering.
>>
>>120743508
Extra made absolutly no sense in regards to Lancer's stats
>>
>>120743394
You better get ready to dive into the mooncell anon, I'm already halfway there.
>>
>>120743438
He was a guy who camped out in a cave and used a ridiculously long sword to catch dinner.
>>
>>120743580
Imagine Fate/Extra but all the competitors are people from /a/ who want their imouto world
>>
>>120743533
This, the red man never gets an easy victory not even against scrub servants but in exchange there isn't anyone he categorically can't beat given half an opportunity to pull the right trick out of his sleeve.
>>
>>120743208
Mooncell has recorded everything in Earth, and the Galaxy. I mean everything since the beginning of time on Earth or otherwise.

The Throne has recorded a handful of things, a few heroes, but the Mooncell has literally recorded everything and has an all around higher capacity. Throne has to put people under a contract to summon them, but Mooncell just records them regardless. That's why you can see shit like divine spirits and the origin of all divine spirits in CCC. Then when they beyond even that, shit gets even more crazy.

Mooncell is something innately beyond Gaia's domain; while the Throne, is very inside of the domain and limited by some things. Mooncell is all around better in a not even close sort of way.

Comparing it to the Fuyuki grail is comparing Arcuied to Shirou, and then going "Yeah but, is Arcuied actually better? Does Shirou have a chance?"
>>
>>120743733
So literally a grail war of Extra/CCC Shinjis.

Shitposting social retards who secretly care about the people they call retards, and just want an imouto.
>>
File: Bros.jpg (60KB, 837x465px) Image search: [Google]
Bros.jpg
60KB, 837x465px
>>120743772
>talking shit about F/E CCC Shinji
>>
>>120743743
I don't see him beating Cu
>>
>>120743733
The twist is that their waifu is their servant with appropriate buffs/nerfs so they are all equal.
>>
Did they ever discover Avalon in UBW an HF?
>>
>>120743952
Read the VN
>>
Saber beat rider in the first route, rider dies like a bitch in the second route, and beats saber in the third route. And don't say she needed shiros help for third route, nothing wrong with a master assisting a servant in battle.

It's a matter of circumstance. Archer was hardly recovered and took five lives off berserker first route. Second route he sticks it to caster as well as blocking, admittedly inferior gaebulge, and no scoping Gilgamesh after going days from fading away from existance. Underestimating any of these servants is stupid.
>>
>>120743100
Arturia doesn't go to the Throne of Heroes, she goes to Avalon.
>>
>>120743746
Mooncell also stands outside of time in the same way as Throne, so it's recorded from the beginning to the end. Only the Far Side and Core of the Cell work under Archived time though, while the Near Side works under Perceived Time.

Even divine spirits of the highest level tend to slip outside of time. It's just one of those things high tier beings can just do.
>>
He'd summon Rin + Sakura as Caster.
>>
File: 1419513855432.png (334KB, 388x463px) Image search: [Google]
1419513855432.png
334KB, 388x463px
>>120743533
>mfw I just realize that Archer is Batman.
>>
>>120744699
The Red Man was the Black Man all along
>>
>>120742976
Because she made a contract with the world to be made eligible as a summon. Did you even read the novel?
>>
>>120743820
Caladbolg has a specific claus for defeating him personally
>>
>>120744835
too bad Archer's not ulster born
prob'ly
>>
>>120744835
Only if the wielder is Ulster-born.
And that part doesn't make sense to begin with considering that Cu made that deal with Fergus and was the first to retreat so that Fergus would flee from him on a later date.
>>
>>120744869
What if Shirou was Irish?
I mean he already has that funky red hair.
Archer has "E"xcellent luck too.
>>
>>120744929
Ulster is a specific part of Ireland.
In fact Cuchulainn defended Ulster against the 4 other provinces of Ireland
>>
>>120744960
How does Ulster being a specific part of Ireland contradict the things I've said?
>>
>>120742976
She has a special attribute where she would go outside of the Throne after death, since all of England believed she would be back. Thus she is outside of the Throne's jurisdiction as something that is never truly dead. The only way the Throne could steal her away and put her under its jurisdiction, was by forcing a contract upon her.

Thus before she died on the hill, it approached her and asked if she had some wish, in exchange for eternal servitude.

>Q: In the Saber route, Saber terminated her contract with the World by breaking the Grail by her own will, but in the end, wouldn't a hero of the caliber of King Arthur end up being removed from the cycle of transmigration as a Heroic Spirit after death?
>A: King Arthur's goin' to Avalon.
>Among the English, King Arthur's still very much around. After all, she's "the Once and Future King".

>[original Japanese says "king who will be back" but she that's awkward and she ain't the Terminator]

There are a few other people with the trait "Once and Future King", but really not many.

Francis Drake Elizabeth, Jesus has a similar thing going on, etc
>>
>>120745007
Because even if Shirou was irish, he would still have to be born in Ulster which is very unlikely.
>>
>>120745046
We literally don't know anything of his past.
He might be an Irish kid on vacation when he got fired.
Magic bullshit taught him flawless Japanese.
>>
>>120738137
If Shirou had died, who would've summoned Seibah?
>>
>>120745097
Well even than the geis was this
>"It matters not to me, O fosterling," replied Fergus; "for had I a sword in this, it never would cut thee nor be plied on thee. But, by the honour and training I bestowed upon thee and the Ulstermen and Conchobar bestowed, give way before me this day in the presence of the men of Erin!" "Truly I am loath to do that," answered Cuchulain, "to flee before any one man on the Cattle-spoil of Cualnge." "Nay then it is not a thing to be taken amiss by thee," said Fergus; "for I in my turn will retreat before thee when thou wilt be covered with wounds and dripping with gore and pierced with holes in the battle of the Táin. And when I alone shall turn in flight before thee, so will all the men of Erin also flee before thee in like manner."

>So zealous was Cuchulain to do whatever made for Ulster's weal that he had his chariot brought to him, and he mounted his chariot and he went in confusion and flight from Fergus in the presence of the men of Erin.
>>
>>120745120
Some random person.
>>
File: wqcPiAb.png (362KB, 341x432px) Image search: [Google]
wqcPiAb.png
362KB, 341x432px
>>120738354
>though she probably won't become a legendary hero in the future.
>>
>>120742891
His entire role in CCC was to do absolutely fuck all in the student council room up until he dies like a bitch after jobbing super hard to BB.
>>
>>120745448
BB was playing with cheats on.
>>
>>120745544
That's right.
Nobody could ever defeat the radiant, the illustrious, the glorious, the shining, the greatest and most righteous knight of the round, Sir Gawain.
>>
>>120745369
capsule servant, while amazing, is very silly
>>
>>120745544
She didn't even want to fight him and was avoiding trying to crush them, by her own words that would be unfair. Leo kind of forced her hand with the Sword of Camelot codecast that goes back to the days of ye olde England.

Sword of Camelot is a special code where two knights must settle something without being able to leave the area until the dual is over, the only thing that can break the arena is the wielder of a Holy Sword if he objects to the duel. Even BB could not escape that until the duel was decided.

It's the same as an ant trying to fight an elephant though; they tried to pick her off thinking she would be weak if alone, but in reality she was just an all around monster. BB plays all the rules fair technically, which is why she wouldn't try to fight someone on her own unless attacked. It would just be too much of an advantage.
>>
>>120745920
So it works the same way as that one rune that Lancer uses from time to time? Interesting.
>>
>>120745991
You can't object to Ath nGabla.
>>
>>120745991
>Sword Camelot
>A special type of codecast known as a "Finality".
>A secret spell that a renowned magus family passes down in its lineage.
>Sword Camelot is the secret codecast of the Harways.
>It's a castle used so that two knights who value honor can determine who is the better of the two without the interference of interlopers.
>The wall of flame encircling their surroundings cannot be destroyed unless it is by the welder of a holy sword who is against the duel.
>Oh and that magic missile that a certain magic user used to destroy this reeeeally priceless relic ought to eventually fall in the category of Finalities.

That's about what we know of it

It doesn't sound like they're talking about BB in the final line for some reason, so it might have come up in a different spot.
>>
>>120746097
>Oh and that magic missile that a certain magic user used to destroy this reeeeally priceless relic ought to eventually fall in the category of Finalities.
Gandr?
>>
>>120746200
The time Aoko used all the prana in the leylines of the best Spiritual Land in Japan, plus the near-infinite prana generated by an Age of Gods Ploy's separate reality, plus her own absurd efficiency to create a giant magic beam that nearly killed her and destroyed said Age of Gods Ploy.

Mahoyo stuff.
>>
>>120746451
I wish Aoko and Touko were important in CCC. I don't know why he decided to take them out.
>>
>>120746451
Aoko channeling the leyline completly pisses on what we know about magecraft.
Magi are supposed to be hard-limited by their ammount of circuits.
Which is why Rin and Sakura weren't allmighty during their last battle but "only" had an output of 1000 "units"
>>
>>120746584
It's true magic I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>120746584
You know who Aoko is, right?

Unlimited rotation circuits, son. Her efficiency's the reason she got Blue in the first place, she's literally the most efficient magus. She's able to take in prana from the leylines, shoot it out when she hits capacity, and then repeat the process over and over all the while amplifying it so the final spell product is a torrent of unprocessed magical energy.

That said, it only works because she's Second Owner of those leylines. And even then, she pushed her circuits which are supposed to be "limitless" for things like that to their limit, shit nearly killed her from channeling that much. She also had to make a shitton of magic circles and a huge aria just to access the Foundation, even though she's second owner.

Aoko's pretty much specced to do one thing only, and that's fire fast and giant beamus. Her circuits, her style, the circumstances, everything culminates at that point.

I'm guessing you haven't read Mahoyo, in which case don't say stuff about it being wrong without knowing what the hell you're talking about.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.