[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you guys always prefer a manga ver to an anime ver?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1420130859547.gif (127KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1420130859547.gif
127KB, 500x280px
Why do you guys always prefer a manga ver to an anime ver?
>>
>>120609936
Because manga ver is original and anime ver is fanfiction.
>>
Because we prefer the better version.

LURK MORE, FAGGOT.
>>
>>120609936
Why do you post gifs that have no relevance to your post?
Also source material is literally always better.
>>
>>120610109
Why is the better version always the manga version? Shouldn't there be some variation?
>>
>>120610162
>Why do you post gifs that have no relevance to your post?
Maybe that girl is from an anime that was adapted from a manga. Then it'd be relevant.

>Also source material is literally always better.

Why?
>>
Do you want to find out why?
Read the manga.
>>
>>120610229
That doesn't make it relevant.
I'm not going to explain to you why source material is better. Read some.
>>
>>120610403
Whenever I do I usually end up preferring the anime unless the anime is totally butchered like the Berserk one.
>>
>filler
>shit voice-acting 90% of the time
>shit animation 90% of the time
>shit music 99% of the time
Gee OP
>>
>>120610579
>filler
Do you watch nothing but Naruto, Bleach and shounen shit?

>shit voice-acting 90% of the time
>shit animation 90% of the time
>shit music 99% of the time

As opposed to 0 voice acting, animation or music. And I take issue with the VA and music comments.
>>
>>120610653
>Do you watch nothing but Naruto, Bleach and shounen shit?
I watch everything. Filler is everywhere.
>As opposed to 0 voice acting, animation or music.
Correct. I can listen to my own music and as far as animation/VA, I'm not missing out in any way besides coloring, which is usually sloppily done anyway.
>And I take issue with the VA and music comments.
Well there's no accounting for shit taste.
>>
>>120610653
Adaptations invariably have filler or fanservice. They are rushed and often have shit VA and OSTs. You're not going to prove that adaptations are better than the source material, because that is literally never the case.
>>
>>120609936
Anime is for kids and otaku.
>>
File: Adaptationsarefine.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Adaptationsarefine.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>120610162
>Also source material is literally always better.
Gintama, JoJo
>>
>>120611046
Both of their source materials are better. Just because an adaptation is faithful doesn't mean that it's better than the manga.
>>
>>120611028
>This much cherry picking
>>
>>120611108
Since they add:
Voices, movement, music, color, yeah I'd say if it's a faithful adaption, it is.
>>
The story is far better told in a manga.

Adapted anime is just a live visual aspect of the manga, but it tends to not go into detail as the manga does.
>>
>>120611300
>Anime doesn't go into detail
>Somehow still has room for all the filler

How is this possible?
>>
>>120611231
>bad VA
>questionable animation
>okay OST
>implying that because an adaptation is faithful, it's automatically as good
Parasyte is faithful and has these things. Does that make it better? Fuck no.
>>120611378
You're proving his point. If anime does not go into as much detail as the manga and excludes important points that are integral to the story in exchange for fanservice and cash-grab filler, it's shit. You're fucking dense.
>>
>>120611454
>You're proving his point. If anime does not go into as much detail as the manga and excludes important points that are integral to the story in exchange for fanservice and cash-grab filler, it's shit. You're fucking dense.
I'm asking why it cuts out manga shit if it needs extra run time in the first place
>>
>>120611454
>bad VA
>questionable animation
>okay OST
>implying that because an adaptation is faithful, it's automatically as good
Parasyte is faithful and has these things. Does that make it better? Fuck no.

Fuck yes.

"Questionable" animation and an okay ost + color make it definitely superior to no animation and no ost and no color.
>>
>>120611556
For the fanservice and cash grabs. Did you read what I fucking said?
>>120611615
You're truly autistic for thinking an anime that pales in comparison to the original story in every way is better. At this point it's just your opinion, and you've made it clear you have shit taste.
>>
>>120611871
>You're truly autistic for thinking an anime that pales in comparison to the original story in every way is better.
We're comparing a faithful adaption with those things, anon. It can't pale in comparison to the manga when it is faithful and adds extra qualities.
>>
>>120611871
>For the fanservice and cash grabs. Did you read what I fucking said?
What is a "cash grab"? I mean say Naruto has filler arcs and cuts some manga stuff instead of putting that in an ep. How is that filler getting them more cash than putting in the manga stuff would? I'm pretty sure Naruto ratings always go down for filler. They don't go up.
>>
>>120612027
An anime will never be 1:1 with its source material. That's a fact and you're deluding yourself.
>>120612100
Cash grabs are filler episodes and movies that add absolutely nothing to the story. Filler is a lot easier to make than faithful adaptations, and it gets similar viewership. It's not about the ratings.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.