[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/ logic is you play video games for gameplay first and foremost.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: gow.gif (907KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
gow.gif
907KB, 500x281px
/v/ logic is you play video games for gameplay first and foremost. Everything else is just a bonus.
So is /a/ logic you watch anime for the animation first, and just hope the rest is good too?
>>
>>120429883
No, there's more to anime than animation, it's a combination of many elements. It is possible to enjoy a show just for the animation, but it's not the be-all-end-all when judging a show.
Go back to >>>/v/
>>
That's not how visual medium works.

You have to judge something based on the whole package.

Hyouka has a good animation, but doesn't stop it from being a boring piece of shit.
>>
File: 1360174067670.png (496KB, 898x750px) Image search: [Google]
1360174067670.png
496KB, 898x750px
>>120430094
>Hyouka has a good animation, but doesn't stop it from being a boring piece of shit.
>>
>>120430179
But he's right. Hyouka is only good during the festival arc.
>>
File: 1347248385590.png (72KB, 186x185px) Image search: [Google]
1347248385590.png
72KB, 186x185px
>>120430202
Cool opinion, pleb.
>>
>>120429883
Nope, /a/ watches anime for plot and does not give a shit about animation. Try praising SAO here, you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>120429883
no. /a/ watches for plot first and foremost using that logic. graphics/animation are just a bonus.
>>
>>120429883
I personally appreciate visual style above all else, even though plot/direction are a close 2nd. It's why Masaaki Yuasa's works are my personal favorites. A combination of wonderfully directed visuals and story.

I'd like to say that someone saying a visual medium isn't first and foremost about the visuals doesn't understand the craft, but /a/ would tear me apart.
>>
>>120429883
>>120430984
>>120430881
You gotta watch it for the whole thing. No first and foremost, no bonus.

Animation, direction, music, and story have to support each other.
>>
>>120429883
No. Also I disagree that that is the only way to enjoy games but this is the wrong board for that discussion.
>>
File: not anime.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
not anime.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>120429883
No, it's even stupider. You watch it for reaction images and individual frames that look nice as screencaps.

You also watch it for the plot, but not because you think the plot is any good. You only care about the plot inasmuch as its inconsistencies and failures give you fodder for complaining,
>>
>>120431206
I (>>120430881) completely agree. However, to me it looks like most of the daytime /a/ does not share this opinion. If a show has some plot inconsistencies (accidental or intentional), it will be always called shit every time it is brought up, no matter what kind or redeeming qualities it may have.

I like to delude myself into thinking that this is just a vocal minority, but it fits all too well into this "no fun allowed" paradigm /a/ has been following in the recent years.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.