[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ikuhara can't write people, period. It's like he doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: sumikakureha1.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sumikakureha1.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Ikuhara can't write people, period. It's like he doesn't understand human interaction so he creates drones saying catchphrases
>>
>>120365494
Oshii can't write characters.

Ikahura is just one of the too deep for you guys.
>>
>>120365494
Ikuhara is responsible for turning the Sailor Moon lesbians into actual people.

YKA is simply more plot-focused than character-focused.
>>
>>120366109
>plot
>>
File: Shogo.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shogo.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>120365891
>Ikahura is just one of the too deep for you guys.
You guys never disappoint.
>>
The story isn't progressing at all apart from look I killed a Bear but these two Bears are still here.

I had better hope for this.
>>
Everyone already knows that. He doesn't write characters, he writes metaphors.
>>
>>120366426
Too bad the last time he did something good was Sailor Moon.
>>
>>120365891
>Mamoru Oshii can't write characters
Never post on 4chan again.
>>
>>120366562
Utena > Penguindrum > Sailor Moon > YKA
>>
>>120365494
Well... you actually have a point anon.
But then again you don't watch Ikuhara's shows for the characters, unless it's for how they look.
>>
>>120366675
>Oshii's written characters
>not walking plot devices

Try again.
>>
>>120366723
>Penguindrum

At least it took 12 episodes until everything broke apart.
>>
>>120365494
Penguindrum was his magnum opus of having well written characters that switch between being characters and metaphors. Yuri Kuma is just a much more experimental form of his style, even more direct than Utena.
>>
File: oshii-chart.jpg (183KB, 1022x442px) Image search: [Google]
oshii-chart.jpg
183KB, 1022x442px
>>120366675
>>
>>120366910
I liked the second half better than the first.

Fuck Ringo.
>>
I love Utena and Penguindrum but I don't know if I can even push myself to finish Yuri Kuma. Something about it is just so boring to me. I think part of it has to do with how Utena and Penguindrum take place in reality (or something close to it) and then transition between a surreal world and reality. In Yuri Kuma it's just a world of symbols and I can't bring myself to actually care about it or the characters.
>>
>>120367183
Jin Roh is objectively a terrible movie besides the animation, though.
>>
>>120366872
Considering Oshii did the script for most of the Patlabor TV series and the first two movies and also directed most of Urusei Yatsura what you are saying is complete bullshit. Oshii directs a lot of stuff that simply isn't character confused, but when it is, it can be done well.

I doubt you have even seen Patlabor or Urusei Yatsura, though, because if you did and you somehow didn't become attached to the characters you are beyond hope.

I understand this is /a/ where people are offended by anime or directors who actually stand out in any way shape or form but come on.
>>
>>120366872
That's only really the cas with the Major and her being somewhat inhuman was pretty much the point of the movie.
>>
>>120367263
I guess Ikuhara decided to skip directly to his symbolism mode since he only had one cour. But that's where his previous work ended up to anyway.

Honestly it always bothered me that at one point he doesn't even care about writing a coherent story anymore and just shoves symbolic scenes in your face.
>>
>>120367296
Jin Roh is my favorite Oshii's movie, and there isn't really anything surreal about it.
>>
>>120366109
>lesbians
>people
>>>/t/u/mblr/
>>
It's because characters in this show represent concepts or ideas, not proper human beings. You phillistine.
>>
I don't think there was a single natural sounded dialogue in Oishii's Ghost in the Shell movies. Everything was either full monologue mode or the characters were just devices for his philosophical agenda.
>>
>>120367478
that's not the problem. the problem is that it's a terribly edgy retelling of little red riding hood

i was laughing at how serious the ending was for such a pathetically told story.

HE'S A BEAST HE CANNOT LOVE HE'S... ONE OF US
>>
What's so deep about lesbians and lesbian bears in heat?
>>
>>120367478
Jin-Roh is a prime example of bunch of plot devices instead of well-written chracters.
>>
>>120365494
>It's like he doesn't understand human interaction so he creates drones saying catchphrases
All anime ever.
>>
>>120368029
>Hayao Miyazaki
>>
>>120367504
>>>/out/
>>
>>120367586
>i was laughing at how serious the ending was for such a pathetically told story.
Looks like you're the one who's edgy here. Can't blame you though. You'll grow out of it.
>>
>>120367607
The penetration.
>>
Regardless of how good the show is, the op gives me diamond dick because of how lewd the singer is
>>
>>120368916
J’ai besoin de toi.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.