[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your thoughts on mangakas stroking their ego with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: b007.jpg (719KB, 1456x1032px) Image search: [Google]
b007.jpg
719KB, 1456x1032px
What's your thoughts on mangakas stroking their ego with their previous works?
>>
I love it
>>
>>119899445
Don't care.
>>
Depends on if their previous work was any good.
>>
They don't do it as much as the west does it.

I mean you don't see references to YYH in HxH.
>>
>>119899516
This and Gantz was pretty good, at least the manga and live action films were.

Plus inuyashiki is getting pretty good with the old man going all taken and shit.
>>
>>119899445

Well shit. I heard he got a new manga but didnt check it out yet. This page convinced me to try. Also, I would want those posters, they look baller as fuck, what's wrong with an author having a character having posters of something dope he made
>>
What's the name of his new manga?
>>
>>119899445
The GANTZ artist has a new work going on?
>>
>>119899545
>entire characters are references
wtf are you talking about
>>
>>119899708
yes you slowpoke.
>>
File: literally.png (43KB, 555x324px) Image search: [Google]
literally.png
43KB, 555x324px
>>119899670
>>
>>119899749
I hope it's not as much of a trainwreck as gantz
>>
>dat cocktease that suggested that Setsuna trained with Motoko

fuck you ken for playing with my heart
>>
>>119899586
>Gantz was pretty good
it went to shit after Italy arc
>>
>>119899884
It was overall a very good series, alos Italy Arc was near the end.
>>
Gantz was good but the ending was a big fuck you. Like the author had a good idea for beginning but had no idea how to end the story. He should have left the answers unanswered.
>>
>>119899923
Maybe its not too bad if you marathon it now, but new chapters took like a month to get released

the overall monthly decline in quality towards the shitty ending ruined my overall impression of the manga back when it was still going on
>>
>>119900029
You should really give it a chance and reread it. Until the Italy Arc the pacing is really really good, even in the fucking Vampire Arc.
>>
>>119900014
>>119900029
Sometimes I think it should never have gone into great detail about the background stuff. Who made the Gantz ball and all that shit was never hugely important. Having a God literally appear and explain things was just about the stupidest fucking thing he did, next to vampires and brother who was never mentioned before or after his brief appearance and subsequent murder.
>>
>>119899777
And he didn't even thank you.
>>
>Gantz
>good

it was about Code Geass quality
>>
>>119900126
You have advanced shittaste, I see.
>>
>>119900029
>>119899923
you dont understand how gay the alien arc was though

every month we were hoping for plot development and we got 10 chapters of kei and kurono running around just shouting each others names

and thats not a stretch either literally comprised of sitting in a hamster cage yelling "kurono" and then the manga ended with soo many things unanswered and the worst ending without an epilogue
>>
Who the fuck cares about this nosense shit that Gantz is?
>>
>>119900286
We and definetly you, because you wouldn't enter this thread if you didn't care somehow for it. The world is sure a big place.
>>
>>119900286
Nobody cares anymore. But we used to care. It had so much potential and it was just all thrown away
>>
>>119899445
No one wants to remember Gantz.
>>
File: 899778-gantz_v18_134_135.png (631KB, 1946x1400px) Image search: [Google]
899778-gantz_v18_134_135.png
631KB, 1946x1400px
Love it. Love Inuyashiki too. Haters gonna hate, but Gantz was a masterpiece 10/10 manga. Doesn't surprise me at all that the current /a/ hates it.
>>
>>119899445
>i-i cant draw i swear! im just tracing!

why does he lie
>>
>>119900462
it was good but after nurarhyon arc it went to shit, also the inuyashiki manga feels lifeless by comparison, I know he uses a ton of CG renderings but its not nearly as nice looking as Gantz did imo
>>
>>119899445
fucking tracing shit
>>
>>119900462

Gantz was great except for all the parts where it was shit.

The quality swung wildly like a pendulum. It'd be awesome, then there would be an arc so bad you'd just about drop it, then all of a sudden, it was great again.
>>
>>119900462
I admit it was a masterpiece, definitely. But it had fucking flaws that was obvious as fuck so dont act elitist about it because you think it was 10/10 you faggot.
>>
>>119900545
Just because you didn't like the story doesn't mean it was shit. Inuyashiki may feel a bit odd because of the terrible scanlation, but that used to be the case for Gantz too.

>>119900565
Except that there weren't any parts where it was shit. Maybe there were some moment you PERSONALLY did not enjoy, but objectively it was all the same. If anything, the drawings improved over time, and the story became even more interesting as the characters matured and were developed over the course of many many volumes.

>>119900613
Of course there were some flaws, but all of them were so miniscule that they can be safely ignored.
>>
File: at56u7.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
at56u7.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
Is there an author that masturbated over his own character more than Mashima?
>>
>>119900719
I hate this one. This character is basically whatever Mashima wants him to be.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.