[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime Physics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

File: anime physics.webm (967KB, 640x360px)
anime physics.webm
967KB, 640x360px
>foot slips because a lack of traction with the ground
>somehow propelled forward despite not even having enough traction to stand up
>>
>skipping leg day
YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO THAT IF YOU WEREN'T A WEAK PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>119869231
>>somehow propelled forward despite not even having enough traction to stand up
What?
WHAT?

Are you retarded?
>>
It doesn't take traction to stand up, anon. You're an idiot.
>>
horizontal and vertical vectors are independent
>>
>>119869341
Not even. Once you've lost balance, all of the energy you were using to remain upright starts going into the horizontal (well, not quite all, but sin(X) ).
>>
>>119869418
Not necessarily, it depends on how you fall. OP's file? animation? image? picture? thing is the way you say, though.
>>
>>119869288
>>119869319
Try standing up on ice and say that.
>>
What is momentum?
Also her hands are on the ground so if you wanna assume 0 friction at her feet then there's still that.
>>
>>119869542
You are propelled forward precisely because you're slipping. That's why smart people relax their leg muscles when they lose balance and try to drop onto their hands.
>>
>>119869575
>Also her hands are on the ground
No they're not. She's somehow launched forward into the air, upward even, despite slipping on the floor.
>>
>>119869611
Are you telling me she was in that position without her hands on the ground?
Without that stabilization she couldn't even stand in such an awkward position
>>
>>119869542
This ain't ice. There's still friction.
>>
>>119869604
>>You are propelled forward precisely because you're slipping
Confirmed never slipping and falling on anything. The only direction you're propelled when you slip on a slick surface is straight down. Even if you were already moving forward you'd fall to the ground very quickly while continuing in the direction your momentum was carrying you, you wouldn't suddenly gain lift like in >>119869231
>>
>>119869231
>Trips, feet slowly float upward, slowing down and speeding up along the way
wut
>>
>>119869713
>Confirmed never slipping and falling on anything.
I fall down regularly. I just don't pay a lot of attention when I'm walking. I'll agree that OP's webm is stupid (which is probably mostly due to minimum budget and animation), but falling forward is a reality.
>>
>>119869542
Easy shit. I have to walk on ice on a regular basis, same with most other canadians.
>>
>>119869746
>what is slow motion
>what is feet rising faster than center of gravity is falling
>>
>>119869712
Look at the webm, her feet slip on the floor almost exactly as if it were ice, they slide over the surface without gaining traction.

>>119869694
Look at the webm, she's clearly airborn, not touching the ground at all. Even if her hands were on the ground, they'd be pushing her away from the guy in order to straighten her body up as she stood with her legs, which is how a normal person stands up.

In order for her to fly like that she'd have to have been pulling herself with her arms toward him and then let go of the ground after her feet left the ground, which still wouldn't account for the lift.

In reality, if her foot had slipped like that as she was standing up, she would have slammed her face into the ground.
>>
>>119869823
>>what is feet rising faster than center of gravity is falling
If you start flipping forward when you already have upwards inertia, this can actually happen. Which is what happened in OP's webm.
>>
>>119869865
>which is how a normal person stands up.
You need more than your legs to stand up? Are you handicapped?
>>
>>119869865
>>Look at the webm, her feet slip on the floor almost exactly as if it were ice, they slide over the surface without gaining traction.
You are so stupid.
>>
lesbian_physics.webm
>>
>>119869906
>moving goalposts
So first she couldn't possibly stand up without using her arms, and now it's not normal to stand up using your arms. Which is it?
>>
>>119869713
This is correct. You don't gain horizontal momentum unless you provide a kick, and if losing traction is what caused the fall, you're not going to gain any horizontal speed.

This is in contrast to tripping *over* something, where you might try to plant your other foot after tripping and inadvertently kick yourself forward instead of putting pressure straight down.
>>
She had a jetpack in her back.
>>
>>119869943
Different anons, anon.
>>
>>119869781
She didn't fall forward, she launched into the air, losing all contact with the ground, despite having no momentum capable of propelling her that way.
>>
>>119870058
I said the webm is stupid, didn't I?
>>
>>119870022
Then I'm asking you to justify this argument >>119869694

If she had no arms on the ground, then there is no possible way she could have gained lift. If they were on the ground, they would have been pushing her away from the direction she flew.
>>
>>119869823
I know they can rise faster than your centre of gravity, but watch the video a few times and you'll see how ridiculous it looks. Her legs stay at around the same angle, when they would need to shift quite a bit for her feet to practically stop moving and then start again mid-air relative to the ground frame.
>>
>>119870102
Then why are you talking about something irrelevant to the webm? The thread is about the webm and what's happening in it, if you acknowledge that she's not "falling forward" then you're just being contrary for no reason.
>>
>>119869865
Most likely case was that she had her hands on the ground, pushed up to attempt to stand up, she miscalculated the torque required to stand all the way up, began to fall forward, put out her hands instinctively but the angle of her arms due to already forward momentem caused he to push against the ground in a backwards direction causing more momentum in a forward direction and thus her "flying"
>>
>>119870156
I was downloading quite a bit at the time of my first response, so I first replied to your text and later I got to view the webm.
>>
>>119869970
>>This is correct. You don't gain horizontal momentum unless you provide a kick, and if losing traction is what caused the fall, you're not going to gain any horizontal speed.
You're assuming that she never had any traction, but she did. She had traction which caused some horizontal inertia to her center of gravity. Then she was going to compensate by stepping forwards as she stood up, but she didn't get that far. Until the point she slipped, that's a very common way to stand up lazily with a lot of unnecessary motion. She lost traction afterwards because she messed up somehow and lost her relative gravity to the floor, reducing the pressure her shoes had to the ground and letting them slip, causing her leg's force to expand along the ground instead of into it, making her spin forwards. It's a series of like four tiny interactions. First, she's getting up. Second, she puts a little too much force into standing up for one window of time and too little the next one, causing her to lose traction. Third, the reduced traction results in her shoes sliding along the ground, and her center of gravity being accelerated slightly further forwards. Fourth, the spin induced by the previous interaction causes her feet to lift off the ground. The only things the animation in the webm got wrong was the extents of things, but you can literally see how bad the keyframing and inbetweening is, so it's just QUALITY animation. But it's not QUALITY physics.
>>
>>119870183
>she had her hands on the ground, pushed up to attempt to stand up
Nobody does this unless they are lying prone on the ground. She was prostrating herself and sat up, at most she'd just use her arms to stead herself while bent over, they'd be pushing her backward, not forward, while performing this function.

>began to fall forward, put out her hands instinctively but the angle of her arms due to already forward momentem caused he to push against the ground in a backwards direction causing more momentum in a forward direction and thus her "flying"
That makes absolutely no sense. We can see that she flies in an arc, she didn't "fall forward" and then gain momentum. In the first place there was nothing to make her fall forward, and once she lost her footing, she was airborn, we can see that clearly in the webm. Her hands lost contact with the ground after her feet did, she held them up uselessly as she miraculously few in an arc, her hips rising above her head even, showing that the momentum didn't come from her arms at all.
>>
>>119870284
Explain the lift then.
>>
>>119870597
>Fourth, the spin induced by the previous interaction causes her feet to lift off the ground.
>>
>>119870632
Feet lifting off the ground =/= her whole body traveling in a parabolic arc.
>>
File: Autism.png (12KB, 1200x322px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.png
12KB, 1200x322px
>>119870494
>Nobody does this unless they are lying prone on the ground.
People with weak legs do, either way here's a diagram
>>
>>119870661
Are you illiterate? You asked about something completely different from the fall.
>>
>>119870794
Are you dense? I've been talking about how she literally floats into the air this entire time.
>>
>>119870747
That's not what happened at all though. In your drawing the feet maintain contact with the ground the whole time and then she launches herself forward after losing balance.

In the webm her foot slips as she's standing, then instead of faceplanting she flies up int he air.
>>
>>119870809
>Explain the lift then.
You are obviously talking about the lift here. Yes, the lift, not the fall. The fall and lift are completely different parts. You have to lift before you can fall.
>>
>>119870809
>floats
It's not great animation, what do you expect? However, it's also not a static image of a floating semon demon, use your damn imagination where applicable
>>
>>119870661
She doesn't go into a parabolic arc until AFTER the lift, idiot.
>>
>>119870893
>You have to lift before you can fall.
Watch the webm again retard. She falls and then gains miraculous lift from nowhere.
>>
>>>/sci/
>>
So you guys are really do this huh.
>>
Someone post the picture with: "Think of the Cat-Girls" please. This thread is >>>/v/ tier.
>>
>>119870947
Your logic is:
>try to stand up
>slip and fall
>somehow fall upwards and go into a parabolic arc
>>
>>119870852
Fucked up on the third frame, the feet are supposed to be off the ground
We can assume that if her hands were on the ground when that part happened (not animated so it is a mystery) then that was the course of her trajectory, if her hands were not on the ground then the scenario is improbable
>>
>>119870905
Okay, my imagination tells me there's something called the Ecchi Force that causes bodies to move in improbable ways in order to create erotic situations.
>>
>>119871025
Even going by your drawing, there's nothing lifting her up into the air. She wouldn't be able to fly along parallel to the ground like in your diagram, let alone gain lift, she'd just head downward with forward momentum.
>>
>>119870949
"lose your balance" ~= "fall". You're conflating completely different interactions. Let me boil this down even simpler than I already have for you. Step 1: start pushing body up. Step 2: losing traction. Step 3: she starts flipping. Step 4: the flip causes her feet to come off the ground, because she's spinning faster than she's falling, because he feet shoved the ground so hard in step 2. Step 5: minor friction from step 3 and poor balance during step 1 result in forward inertia. It's that simple.
>>
>>119871111
>~=
You mean !=, sicp-san. Get your booleans and binaries straight.
>>
>>119871080
Pushing off the ground + initial fall is enough for a forward tumble, greatly exaggerated by the animation
>>
>>119869231
>implying tripping
She was simply jumping in for his D, but was really polite about it.
>>
>>119871111
>Step 1: start pushing body up. Step 2: losing traction. Step 3: she starts flipping. Step 4: the flip causes her feet to come off the ground
This doesn't describe what happens in the webm at all. She slips, loses all contact with the ground, and then somehow flies upward. I have no idea why you can't follow a simple series of events when they're animated out for you.
>>
>>119871143
In Lua, ~= is mapped to the C equivalent !=.
In fact, the ! symbol isn't used. Damn sneaky Brazilian bastards.
>>
>>119871143
>not using alt codes ≠
>>
>>119871157
A forward tumble is still moving downward. In the webm she is clearly moving upward.

Why do you guys keep talking about theoretical situations that have nothing to do with what actually happened?
>>
File: 1401266435454.gif (225KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1401266435454.gif
225KB, 265x265px
This is the dumbest thread I have ever seen. Are people seriously trying to argue that this gif makes sense?
>>
>>119871173
Except it does, it's just animated like shit. What I described is exactly what would happen in real life if someone had poor balance while trying to stand up, twitched out while trying to, and kept trying to expand the space between their hips and the ground after losing traction and falling fowards. Of course, the apparent lift is optional; that depends on how hard you push yourself, but you can make it happen if you're bad enough. Maybe you're just too stupid to understand basic cause and effect.
>>
>>119871246
It makes more sense than the math thread we had.
>>
>>119871244
It is moving cumulatively downwards, however she fell at a smaller slope of movement for the plot reasons of getting a face full of dick
>>
>>119871295
>it's just animated like shit. What I described is exactly what would happen in real life
In otherwords: it's not what happened in the webm, it's a real life approximation you made up to make it seem plausible because what ACTUALLY HAPPENED in the webm is totally impossible.
>>
>>119871246
Nobody's talking about your gif, retard. The topic is OP's webm.
>>
>>119871378
No, she clearly traveled upward. Her hips rose above her head as her entire body moved in an arc to land on his dick.
>>
>>119871381
No, I said this in the first place. It's animation QUALITY, but what happened could totally actually happen in real life. It's not impossible. Are you too dense to understand that fiction is full of shit that nearly never happens in real life, but sometimes does, and that's part of the fucking draw of fiction?
>>
>>119871381
Well, her hands are evidently on the ground.
>>
>>119869231

Pretty good physics
>>
>>119871417
Extremities moved above, but her center of gravity moved downwards the entire way
>>
File: 0199210896_centre-of-gravity_1.jpg (50KB, 525x394px) Image search: [Google]
0199210896_centre-of-gravity_1.jpg
50KB, 525x394px
>>119871417
>I don't understand how center of gravity works
>>
>>119871439
And then she lets go of the ground after slipping, because that's the first instinct of every person who loses their balance: break off all contact with the ground, right?
>>
>>119871476
She's just stupid.
>>
>>119871469
> her center of gravity moved downwards the entire way
I can literally see the webm where it doesn't happen you moron.
>>
File: read.png (385KB, 520x744px) Image search: [Google]
read.png
385KB, 520x744px
Good thread, physics freshmen.
>>
>>119871514
She's supposed to be an expert martial artist at one of the greatest dojos in the world.
>>
>Amerifat high school students in charge of basic mechanics the thread
>>
>>119871578
Just like my ordinary highschoolers!
>>
>>119871578
One of the first close combat tricks she learned is how to avoid falling in predictable ways to keep the enemy from attacking her while she's helpless.
>>
>>119871640
So what you're saying is, she did it on purpose?
>>
>>119871676
It's a reflex.
>>
File: pussy pin.webm (3MB, 640x360px)
pussy pin.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>119871640
So what this really was, was some kind of advanced face-to-dick pinning move, and then shifted to a face-to-pussy pin.
>>
>>119871578
And Mike Tyson is the pound-for-pound greatest boxer in the world. Your point is?
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.