[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Parade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Theorycrafting of Death.png (2MB, 640x3100px) Image search: [Google]
Theorycrafting of Death.png
2MB, 640x3100px
Theorycrafting
>>
What is this stupid shit
>>
File: welcome-to-the-nhk.jpg (101KB, 802x1000px) Image search: [Google]
welcome-to-the-nhk.jpg
101KB, 802x1000px
>>119658786
A conspiracy to torture you with words.
>>
File: 1419446044845.jpg (36KB, 511x509px) Image search: [Google]
1419446044845.jpg
36KB, 511x509px
>>
This void for this series is nothing like Nirvana. A soul that has achieved nirvana doesn't get judged by a Yama. If we are going to dig so heavily into Buddhism, I'm going to say the bartender is a Yama for consistency's sake. So they would never show up in the bar. It's not their job to give a soul nirvana, they simply judge the sins and decide what hell they go to.

Achieving enlightenment is something you do in life.
>>
>>119659255
>Achieving enlightenment is something you do in life.
I'm not convinced that the Void is the equivalent of hell, or if it is hell, not in the way most people think of hell the way it's depicted in Christianity.
>>
15 years ago, I wonder why people said EVA a deep anime.

Now I know.
>>
>>119659414

I think that people are trying too hard to compare it to an existing religion. Because it doesn't fit with Christianity or Buddhism at all. Trying to make it fit is just going to result in a mess.

I can see where the author might have gotten inspiration from soul being judged after death by a Yama. Like Judge Judy: Afterlife Edition. But it's just that. Inspiration as a springboard for something else that is disconnected from the original source.
>>
>>119659628
because jet fuel cant melt steel beams
>>
>>119659660
>I think that people are trying too hard to compare it to an existing religion
Well it definitely takes influence from Buddhism and Japan is a Buddhist nation so it would make sense, and anime likes throwing in Christian references occasionally because they find it cool, I suppose.

Well the author keeps things pretty open ended and their is subtle changes to the environment. Also looking back on Death Billiards the old man likely went to the Void, which doesn't add up, unless that's what he explicitly asked for, and judging by his devious grin was excited about.
>>
File: 1287679762368.jpg (31KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1287679762368.jpg
31KB, 429x410px
>>
File: latest.jpg (39KB, 604x450px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
39KB, 604x450px
>>
>>119658673
>teaching
>>
>>119660032
>teaching
>(t)ea(ch)ing
>swap.exe
>(ch)ea(t)ing
>cheating
Op confirmed for illuminati
>>
>>119659825
But fire can.
>>
File: Theorycrafting of Deathv2.png (2MB, 637x3100px) Image search: [Google]
Theorycrafting of Deathv2.png
2MB, 637x3100px
>>119660032
sowwie
>>
>>119658673
When all of this is explained in episode 2 you guys are going to look pretty stupid.
>>
>>119660288

I think you should just delete the thread, and forget you ever had anything to do with this.
>>
Well they're called theories for a reason.

I don't think all of it is right, but guessing is the fun part, and sometimes it hits the mark.

>>119660413
I used to feel shame once. Used to.
>>
>>119660326
>deleting threads
Welcome back. How have the years away been anon-kun?
>>
>>119660502
This meant for
>>119660413
>>
>>119660454

Well if it's just to dick around.

Think of how much fun the Sanzu Elevator is. Get in, and if you were an asshole in life, you get to spend years just sitting in the fucker wondering if you will ever get off or if this is your new reality.
>>
>>119660580
10/10
Boredom is the worst torture imaginable.
I'd probably commit sudoku if possible, under those circumstances or get really flexible and probably learn to suck my own dick. HEY it's not gay unless you make it gay.
>>
>>119658673
You really need to read up on Shintoism as well, as Japanese are mostly Shinto which started to borrow afterlife stuff from Buddhism.
>>
One of the Roman Fates is name Nona. Specifically, the one that spun the thread of life (and was therefore also goddess of pregnancy/birth).

There is also a Roman fate named Decima. She is in charge of measuring the thread of life.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.