[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never watched monogatari series. Is it worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: monogatari-girls.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
monogatari-girls.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Never watched monogatari series. Is it worth it?
>>
No

The characters are bland
The plot is non-existence
The soundtracks are horrible

It can't get any worse than this.
>>
>>119585578
Yes
>>
[a/ likes it, so no.
>>
Don't listen to these anons. Watch it, it's good
>>
In addition to OP's question - is it worth it if you like dick and don't really care for female fanservice/don't want to self insert as the MC (but find him hot)?
>>
>>119585578
3 episode rule.
Its not for everyone,the show will either be incredibly monotone and boring or a masterpiece depending on the kind of animu you enjoy.
>>
>>119585578
If you like listening long dialogue nonsense, it is a yes.
>>
Just marathoned Bake, Nise, and Neko over the past two days. First time watching them.

It's solid, but Nise has an insane amount of unnecessary dialogue. Give it a try. It's at least enjoyable.
>>
>>119585578
No. The conversations they have are so fucking boring. Its like miniscule and mundane topics.
>>
>>119586350
The 3 episode rule was practically made for this series. The first two episodes show you the structure of the plot progression, and the 3rd episode will show off the main attraction of the show, the dialogue. The content of every episode is basically 20% action, 80% dialogue. The 3rd episode has the characters playing around in a playground doing mindless stuff. But what they're doing is not important, everything is in the conversation they're having.

If the show doesn't tickle your fancy after those episodes, drop it. Don't waste your time trying to like it. If you did enjoy those 3 episodes, prepare for one hell of a series.
>>
No

Don't listen to those faggots who call it "deep."
>>
>>119585578

It's one of those series that people either love or hate. I love it. Give Bakemonogatari a try and see which camp you fall into. You will know within a few episodes whether or not it's for you.

>>119586108

I can't answer with 100% certainty, as I'm a straight dude, but I'd give you the same advice as OP above, give it a shot. I really like it and I definitely am not into it just for the fanservice (though the girls are all top tier except Snake. Although she is very erotic she is also a SHIT).

Also if you find Araragi sexy (who doesn't?) there is plenty of Araragiservice.

But really I fell in love with it for the SHAFT production/art direction and the Nisioisin snappy dialogue, and now I can't get off the ride until Kizu comes out Never ;_;
>>
File: 1420839451996.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420839451996.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
>>119585578
It's shit and so is the fanbase but it has some great music and fanservice.
>>
File: Unlimited Rulebait.png (70KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
Unlimited Rulebait.png
70KB, 625x625px
>>119585725
>>119589265
>>
First season's probably the worst, although I'm probably flying in the face of popular opinion among fans on this one. I just never found Hitagi or her arc/issues to be particularly interesting.

The soundtracks are some of the best I've heard in anime. Straight up. Unsurprising considering shaft's general prowess in masterful musical selection. (Not including season 1, ofc.)

I'm currently experiencing an indescribable melancholy after having finished monogatari S2, due to realizing that we'll probably not have something as both enjoyable and meaningful as monogatari in a long time.

I picked up and dropped Bakemonogatari 4-5 times in the past 5 years. It's definitely worth it to watch.

It's definitely something to be savored instead of mindlessly burnt as a time-killer, so it really isn't necessarily everyone's cup of tea.
>>
File: 1405340626223.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1405340626223.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>119585578
>asking /a for a serious opinion.
>>
>>119589624
Your bait is bait
>>
Does the protagonist have inappropriate relations with his sisters?
>>
>>119585578
If your time is worthless, yes.
>>
You probably won't like it because you're incapable of making simple decisions by yourself.
>>
If you're looking for sleeping pills, this is the one.
>>
>>119589687

Do Catholics like the Pope?
>>
>>119590067
Well it varies. We've had a transition from a conservative Pope Benedict, to the more progressive Pope Francis, and both have had their detractors. I mean they all venerate the pope, but i'm not sure they all like the pope that much.
>>
>>119585578
The first season is quite unique, i would recommend it.

The other seasons are just fanservice, so if you are ok with that, go for it.
>>
File: tumblr_mr5dlb6eg61rec90to1_500.gif (1010KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mr5dlb6eg61rec90to1_500.gif
1010KB, 500x700px
>>119585578
Watch it in broadcasting order, but in Bakemonogatari (first broadcast) don't let the walls of text throw you off, take your time pausing to read if you want and don't forget to watch the OVA eps, these last OVA eps are the real ending of this first season (Bakemonogatari).

Sometimes it feels boring but it gets better with later episodes, personally I almost dropped on ep 1 at first because Shaft's backgrounds are so bad it's painful to watch but, I wanted to give it a chance and I don't regret finishing it, I liked a lot how Bakemonogatari ended, though the best arc in my opinion is in Nisemonogatari, the imouto arc.
>>
I'd give it a shot. I really didn't enjoy it at first when I was watching Bake but I stuck through it and it's one of my favorite series now. The dialogue is really interesting and the character relationships are fantastic in my opinion.

It's one of the only shows that I can honestly say makes me laugh out loud consistently so I guess that's something,
>>
>>119587377
>nise insane amount of dialogue
>not mentioning toothbrushing
next i suppose your going to tell me that crab/cat is best girl
>>
File: yaoi-16.jpg (63KB, 700x567px) Image search: [Google]
yaoi-16.jpg
63KB, 700x567px
>>119588028
>can't fag around in a harem anime
>hurry up and get to the ninetail dicks
>>
>>119589687
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wch00EQjz_A
>>
>>119586108

Im a straight male and Araragi is in third place for charas I would spend the rest of my life with.
>>
it's worth it if you want to read a lot of subs that tell you what the word play means all the damn time
>>
>>119585578
It harem garbage that tries really hard to pretend it's not harem garbage.
>>
>>119585578
Even if you drop it, at least watch the openings and ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2TJ1qqeRD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N6IM-L7fLw
>>
>>119585578
Bakemonogatari is a masterpiece and by far the best show Shaft made.

Rest is entertaining garbage to make your dick hard, but second season has few good moments.
>>
File: 1420124565061.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1420124565061.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>119585578
No.
>>
File: Hanekawa.png (350KB, 812x983px) Image search: [Google]
Hanekawa.png
350KB, 812x983px
monogatari qt and sex.
>>
>>119590123
Anon I...
>>
>>119585578
You should watch it for Araragi
And maybe some Incest dental hygiene
and for best girl
>>
has oral hygiene bro updated us since last year?
>>
Any LNfags around to confirm something for me about one of the later books?

Do we get a solid idea of what's Tooe Gaen's personality is like from the book she shows up in? Or are we stuck with basically Kanbaru and Kaiki's opinions on the matter?
>>
>>119586108 here

Just watched the first 5 episodes and loving it, thanks for the encouragement anons
>>
>>119597198
Her appearance in Zoku was under bizarre circumstances where it's not clear how close it was to how the real person would have acted, but does give a lot more than there was before about her.
>>
>>119597918
Is she still spouting good advice through terrible wording? Like how she would tell Kanbaru that she shouldn't think about stuff she already knows or that sometimes you shouldn't worry about things and overthink when you can just act?

Also off the top of your head do you know if Numachi was an oddity as a ghost? Re-watching Hanamonogatari and I'm getting the odd feeling that her spreading rumours around about "Akuma-sama" would probably summon her to the people because of the whole "belief summons oddities" thing.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.