[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend recommended this to me is it even worth checking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 15

File: motorboat.jpg (38KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
motorboat.jpg
38KB, 670x377px
My friend recommended this to me
is it even worth checking out?
>pic related
>>
It's one of the best shows this decade. Probably one of the best ever.
>>
>>119583528
No if you seek for fanservice.
>>
the bakenezumi are humans too
>>
>>119583642
not looking for fanservice just general enjoyment of the plot or characters, is it worth watching?
>>
>>119583743
Watch it and make your own opinion.
>>
File: 12.jpg (192KB, 802x1200px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
192KB, 802x1200px
read the manga instead for delicious Maria
>>
>>119583528
Yes.
>>
>>119583677
>implying a pleb like OP would not just glue his eyes to the subs and ignor the dialogue so he wouldn't even know what bakenezumi means
>implying he wouldn't watch it dubbed
>>
>>119583528
I dropped it after 8 episodes after I realized that the homo bit was the most interesting thing that had happened. The direction and production values are terrible but if you're able to look past that you might be able to like it since apparently a lot of people do.
>>
>>119584843
>the homo bit was the most interesting thing that had happened

Are you a homo? That was the worst thing that happened.
>>
>>119584798
Does SSY have a dub? It didn't seem like it sold well enough for filthy gaijin import companies to pick it up and release it officially over here with filthy gaijin voiceovers.

>>119584889
Are you gay? It wasn't the worst thing in the show but he's mentally retarded with ADHD on top for only finding a bonobo kiss to be the only interesting thing.
>>
>>119585064
According to MAL it does.

And what was the worse thing in the show then?
>>
>>119585123
No idea, something that was insignificant enough for me to forget it.

Homolust was actually relevant to the plot and worldbuilding.
>>
>>119585123
The ending.

;__;
>>
>>119585244
>Homolust was actually relevant to the plot and worldbuilding.

It didn't really go anywhere though, and just served to make what romance there was more unfocused. I get the whole bonobos thing, but they could have conveyed without it being so overt and in your face. It scared a lot of people away. I don't have a problem with it's presence, just that it was very jarring and took up a lot of screentime only to do nothing for the plot or characters.
>>
>>119585336
He didn't deserve it, man. It's one of the very few times an anime has made me angry.
>>
>>119584731
> saving watermarked images
>>
>>119583528
>pic related

Wait, you said "My friend recommended this to me" and posted an accompanying picture. Were you so concerned that you weren't getting your point across that you felt it necessary to remind us that the picture might be related to what you were initially babbling about?
>>
>>119584731
The manga is just shitty ecchi which is a disgrace since the anime is probably one of the best written anime in the entire medium.
>>
>>119585505
>best written anime in the entire medium.

I don't know if I'd say that. It's probably up there but not one of the best. If the pacing was better I'd agree with you.
>>
>>119585403
Leaders of a rebellion deserve execution. Especially if the humans want to continue to have the same authoritarian government.
>>
>>119585597
Squealer wasn't executed though, that's what's wrong.
>>
>>119585426
It was removed from batoto so I just took the first one I could find
>>
File: SSY 18 Arasan 1.webm (3MB, 640x360px)
SSY 18 Arasan 1.webm
3MB, 640x360px
I liked it. Except for that one episode where it was animated really weird. It was pre timeskip.
>>
File: SSY 18 Arasan 2.webm (3MB, 640x360px)
SSY 18 Arasan 2.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>119585728
>>
File: stronkest.webm (3MB, 640x360px)
stronkest.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>119585728
>skipping the explosion

Wow, you had one job.
>>
>>119585357
It was the source of a lot of the character drama and conflict among the main group, are you joking?
The one faggot who loved Maria felt alienated and even more left out because he was the only straight guy, pushing him further toward running away. It was pretty much the reason behind ALL of Saki's early distress, because she was fawning over Shun who was busy with his husbando instead of being in a relationship with her.
I don't think the whole bonobos thing could have possibly been done more effectively. They could have told us that everyone is encouraged to be bisexual and that they're only supposed to get in relationships with the same sex to prevent sexual problems like teen pregnancy and whatnot, but that would be telling instead of showing, which is a VERY BAD storytelling technique. And if they did tell us instead of show it to us, we'd be left wondering why none of the main cast is even slightly involved in any of it.

Who the fuck cares if people were driven off by it? I'm actually happy the fanbase isn't infested with sexually insecure faggots who are repulsed by a gay kiss.
>>
>>119585820
see >>119585810
You fell right into my trap.
>>
>>119585888
>telling instead of showing
>>
>>119585505
>>119585554
Yeah it was definitely up there but that's very narrow-minded to call it the best written anime in the medium.
Especially when the last stretch of the story involves a dues ex machina in the form of some bioweapon that was never mentioned before.

Shin Sekai Yori was not flawless, but was certainly a diamond in the rough.
>>
Did the blueray have any extra lewd?
>>
>>119585728
>>119585810
He was so OP, RIP in pieces Cool Eyes, you were the coolest guy.
>>
>>119583528
Most overrated shit in existence. Probably worth a watch but don't expect it be as great as people claim it is
>>
File: laughing ethics committee.png (2MB, 1280x1284px) Image search: [Google]
laughing ethics committee.png
2MB, 1280x1284px
Reminder that Squealer was not a human and did absolutely everything wrong and was lucky to have Saki mercy kill him.
>>
File: 1233423423.jpg (78KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1233423423.jpg
78KB, 1920x1080px
>>119583528

>is it worth checking out?

you asking us is it worth checking out probably best anime of recent years ?
>>
>>119586035
>people reply with "troll"
>gets butthurt and defensive
>insults are flung

Why do you do this?
Why do you post such ignorant messages in order to incite reactions?

It was obviously not the most ovverated shit in existance when stuff like Bakemonogatari, Sword Art Online, Naruto, etc exist.
If it's worth a watch it's nothing close to the most overrated shit, considering that SSY isn't even that well known. I'd even say Madoka is more overrated simply because of the MASSIVE hype train surrounding it filled with morons who will diffend every aspect of it.
Pay attention you moron, then maybe you'd see overrated shit, it's all around us.
>>
File: 1420734150083.jpg (88KB, 544x483px) Image search: [Google]
1420734150083.jpg
88KB, 544x483px
>>119586076
Reminder that you're wrong.
>>
>>119585888
Fair enough, I just think they spent a lot of screentime on establishing a rather inconsequential (in the grand scheme of what the story was conveying) aspect of the world building. It worked with the characters too like you said, but the conflict or distress between the characters didn't seem to tie into the main theme or plot very much, so it felt like an annoying digression to me.

I don't know, it'd probably improve for me on a rewatch.
>>
Friendly reminder that Kiroumaru was traitorous scum.

Also Firefox tried to correct his name to "Kilimanjaro", so take from that what you wish
>>
>>119583528
only if you like shit pacing, misdirectional plot, and faggot gay shit
>>
>>119585979
>a dues ex machina in the form of some bioweapon that was never mentioned before.

I thought that too when it was first revealed, but then thought it was at least logical that the ancient civilizations had developed bio-weapons against Fiends, so it made sense. And it wasn't used in the end, so it's fine.
>>
>>119583528
Yes it's pretty good
The story's quite interesting
And there's actually very little of homo
>>
>>119586033
His character design reminded me of Char.
>>
>>119586221
To be honest, I would have loved if Saki was written to be a neutral character, and at the end, after all she's seen, she decides not to stop Squealer, since humanity had reached a point where they could not justify their existence.
>>
>>119586392
>>Also Firefox tried to correct his name to "Kilimanjaro", so take from that what you wish

That he was as bold and as glorious as a mountain? Indeed.
>>
>>119583528
>friend
>>
>>119586547

Except the weapon wasn't specifically designed to fight the psychics nor the fiends. It was simply anthrax, which has been around as a weapon at least since the beginning of the 20th century. The reason that the humans used it was because it was about the only effective weapon they had against the psychics. They eventually lost anyway.
>>
>>119586704
In all seriousness, the reason he helped them is because he knew Squealer was playing a losing game and the only hope he had of his race surviving was helping them.
>>
>>119583528
Yes, easily the best show of 2012 and probably the best show in the last 5 years.
>>
>>119583528
>friend
>rec
>picking it up for yuri
Cancer.
>>
>>119587066
Nigga, what? Squealer ONLY failed because of Kiroumaru's interference. If he didn't come up with the plan to kill the girl, Saki would've gotten exploded and Squealer would've got what he wanted, and thus their race would prosper.

The queerats were FUCKED just because Kiroumaru wanted revenge against Squealer for outsmarting him before.
>>
>>119583528
manga was better
>>
>>119583528
Read the manga
>>
>Not reading the novel translation every other day, as it updates.
>>
This show was a lot deeper than people think it was.
Definitely warrants a re-watch, or two.
>>
>>119587531
He would have lost eventually, one way or another.
>>
>>119587205
>the best show of 2012

You should say this more often, I love seeing Hyoukafags in despair.
>>
>>119587531
Not really. After the surprise attack, the humans have been deciminating his army left and right.
The moment he took the child with him is the moment he lost the war. Even he managed to eliminate the trio, he will only end up seeing an army that has lost everything except for a last line of defense that is doomed to turn into an Akuma someday
>>
>>119587531
Well not only that, we saw characters get too tired and worn out to focus and use their psychokinetic powers. With only one human under his command for the next 10 years, the other humans would have had attrition on their side. Once the girl passes out from exhaustion its over.
>>
>>119587531

Nah he knew Squealer is going down either way, then he chose to help telling them to save the colony and queen, if not they would all be kill
>>
>>119588133
Hyouka has the most stunning visuals ever aired in the last 5 years. Plus, it sacked bags of Yen.
Shinsekai Yori is a masterpiece that fell flat because of the boring pacing and QUALITY. It's a hipster show overall.

So no, your plan is flawed from the start. And this is from a guy who dropped Hyouka
>>
>>119588339
There wasn't that much quality, was there? I didn't notice.
>>
>>119588413
The shading alone can turn off a critique.
You were just too engage with the plot to notice. A rewatch will make it less impressive than you remember
>>
>>119588413
This is what happens when A1 has 4 shows out at the same time. Magi also suffered QUALITY. Space Brothers and SAO did not.
>>
>>119588502
Yeah, probably.

Only thing I noticed that might be considered sort of indirect or accidental quality is that the boy Saki met up with after the slug explosion sends her flying looked exactly like Shun.
>>
File: 1234242342323.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1234242342323.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
>>119588502

I watched it in BD, visuals looked great to me, maybe YOU should rewatch it in proper quality
>>
>>119588563
It wasn't animated in 1080p was it? I'll be bummed if it's not an upscale since I would have loved to watch it in 1080p.
>>
>>119588563
This is how its meant to be!.jpeg exept the BDs filesize is bloated.
>>
Excellent world building. One of my favorite worlds in anime ever. Does anyone know if the BDs substantially fixed the animation woes that turned a lot of people like me off when the show was originally airing?
>>
>>119588563
Saki is a massive slut and hoebag.
>>
>>119588309
I doubt it. Kioumaru's colony had a strong and long alliance with the humans. Plus, they remained loyal to them right up to the end.
Now way would the humans eliminate their only weapon against an Akuma
>>
>>119588668
>Excellent world building

I would have liked it if it happened more often with natural exposition than info dumps.
>>
>>119588714
That was one satisfying library dump, though. I really enjoyed it when I finally saw it.

But yeah, it could have been more gradual.
>>
>>119588563
Never watched the BD's as I don't think that the surprise of the show can work a second time. But glad to see that they improved it.
The show does deserves a higher budget
>>
>>119588755
Yeah the minoshiro part is just pic related very suddenly, which was great. I liked that since it was when the story started to emerge, and for the first 3 episodes you're kind of wondering where they're going to go with it.
>>
>>119588755
>>119588808
Plus the fact that there is this infodump is part of the whole situation, its not just a narrative shortcut convenience, the hammer falling on them this sudden revelation of brutal truth is a major part of the plot itself, and not just a hand-waving excuse to tell the audience about things they need.
>>
>>119588943
Yeah, in that case it's good. But other times in the show there are info dumps that are the only source of information, like with Tomiko just telling Saki about the villages' history rather than the characters discovering that information as it becomes relevant. Don't get me wrong, it's not really that big of a deal, but it would have been nice if the exposition came a bit more naturally.
>>
>>119588705

That Kiroumaru had to beg Saki to try her best to get the humans to spare his colony is all you really need to know. The humans were done with the bakenezumi after that, and Kiroumaru knew it. His decisions to side with the humans were as complicated as the bakenezumi themselves, but it was all related to colony survival.
>>
>>119586392
>Kiroumaru was traitorous scum

Squealer was cheating his own neighbors and bullied the weaker colonies into submission while leaching off on the humans. He even sees himself as a god.
Kioumaru on the other hand valued unity with every species and actually gave Squealer a large part of the war loot as a token of alliance, which proves his humility

And yet you call him a traitor?
>>
>>119589123
Damn, imagine if Kiroumaru was leading the uprising instead of Squealer. There would have been less bloodshed, and it probably would have actually succeeded.
>>
>>119589115
But the ending of the episode showed that the humans spared other colonies other than Kioumaru's.
It is forbidden for the humans to be violent and unrighteous (meer cheating in a game can result in an execution) so I doubt that they did not gave those colonies a proper trial
>>
>>119589123

That's silly. Kiroumaru was, at the end, a second wake up call for Saki regarding the bakenezumi. That he admitted openly that his clan had contemplated acquiring the anthrax weapon for themselves reveals everything. His clan, and other bakenezumi clans, knew that they only existed at the good graces of the Gods. It would be inevitable, then, that if the Gods ever turned on his clan, without a way to fight them, his clan would die. What they were doing was logical. Kiroumaru was not a unitarian anymore than he was a loyalist. He was simply pragmatic and knew that the best bet for survival was to continue to be in the good graces of the Gods.

I wont say that he didn't have other motives. I think that his clan was prideful in their place as humanity's favored clan. I think they were also slightly more adherent to traditionalism and detested Squeeler's progressivism.

Like I said, it's complex, and brilliantly done from the standpoint of the audience, who only get snippets into the bakenezumi culture, but it is enough to piece together the larger puzzle.
>>
>>119589216
>It is forbidden for the humans to be violent
>It is not allowed to use your Cantus for violence
>It's against the rules to use your Cantus out of revenge or anger

And yet they tortured Squealer for absolutely no reason other than blatant racism and sadism.

I hear this so many times and it's just bullshit. The whole human society is just bullshit.
>>
>>119589280
>And yet they tortured Squealer for absolutely no reason other than blatant racism and sadism
Squealer betrayed them and gave their species a bad name. I agree that they went overboard but I won't say that he is innocent either.
>>
>>119589216

The humans treated the bakenezumi as useful fodder. They don't see the bakenezumi as human, and routinely you see humans killing them without any mercy whatsoever. The anti-violence conditioning does effect them (as it did that monk guy), but they can still do it.

As for sparing the colonies, I imagine Kiroumaru's sacrifice had something to do with that. He proved that the bakenezumi weren't all Squeeler's puppets and could be redeemed. Certainly, though, all of Squeeler's followers were annihilated.
>>
>>119589268
uhh...All that Kiomaru's doing was for the sake of protection. Saying that his actions is bad is like saying that you should not look left and right whenever you cross the street.
Heck, that is also no different from saying that one should not learn self-defense at all because the nation has a police force
>>
No it's far too censored compared to the source material (and not just the sex).

It was pretty damn disappointing.
>>
>>119589348
Nobody is innocent. But at that point human society was so evil and had commited so many atrocities for the greater good that I think their genocide would have been just. As long Cantus existed, there would never be peace and there would always be bloodshed despite how hard they try to control or regulate it. Squealer's rebellion was an invetability and a side effect of their society's wrongdoings, maybe even a punishment.
>>
>>119589380
>routinely you see humans killing them without any mercy whatsoever
What? I never saw this. I did saw however that the humans have been killing children who showed simple acts of misdeeds
>>
>>119589467
Forgot to add that the funny thing is that it's probably not the last time it will happen. There will be another Squealer at some point. They'll have to eradice the Queerat race if they want to avoid war, because they're sure as fuck too egotistical to stop oppressing them.
>>
>>119589533
Well humans had been killing children that fit profiles of potentially becoming living WMDs. It may not have been pretty, but it wasn't wholly unjustified.
>>
>>119589467
What are you talking about?
The Humans have been resting in their houses watching over the peace of the world. They even ensured that the war between Kioumaryu and Squealer will be proper.
The reason for their attempt for eliminating Squealers colony was because they found out that he was hiding a minoshiro. It was a case similar to having a nuclear warhead locked on your nation and naturally, the humans responded before they could be attacked

The only reason why Squealer started the rebellion was simply because he is blinded by his arrogance and belief that he is a god.
>>
>>119589562
There may be another squealer, but will there be another a human baby to be stolen unnoticed? Will the arrogance of humanity sit idly by and ignore the next squealers consolidation of power?
>>
>>119589674
>The only reason why Squealer started the rebellion was simply because he is blinded by his arrogance and belief that he is a god.

You must not have paid any attention if you think this.
>>
>>119589613
In the eyes of someone who have seen so many people dying because of a mere child that was raised improperly, that is justified.

Did you see that the council itself was sickened by what they are doing? But they have to do it because the world could end otherwise
>>
>>119589444

I never said what he was doing was bad, but it wasn't good from the human's point of view either.

>>119589533

They did that, too, through the Impure Cats, but they can kill the rats themselves. It happens several times in the series.
>>
>>119589713
The humans did not even bother with the fact that his colony was having an industrial revolution more advanced than theirs
He was even granted a fair trial after what he has done.

You tell me what the humans have done wrong against him
>>
>>119589820
>You tell me what the humans have done wrong against him
>>
better than he deserved.
>>
It's complete shit that no one talked about before the gayshit bait scenes.

Any series that needs to shock the audience to drum up views is inherently garbage.
>>
>>119589758
>They did that, too, through the Impure Cats, but they can kill the rats themselves. It happens several times in the series.
uhh...if I remember it correctly, the cats were used only 4 times in the series
1. The cheating kid
2. Shoe
3. Mamoru
4. Mamoru and Redhead's child
Never on the rats
>>
>>119589874
Too much but not wrong
>>
>>119589995
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>119589955

You're not understanding something. The humans had to use the Impure Cats to kill off humans, because they couldn't do it themselves as part of the mental conditioning. They didn't need them to kill bakenezumi, as they could just do that themselves. Usually, though, they used loyal bakenezumi clans like The Great Hornets to do that, but they could do it if they had to.

The Cats get used a lot more than 4 times in the series, we just don't see most of them.
>>
Can someone explain to me how cantus users turned all of the regular humans into Queerrats and the like? I remember how that plot point really stuck with me with understanding how their society worked. This anime was actually one of the more interesting distopian societies in fiction that I've come across. Made me reread the Chrysalids.
>>
>there are literally people on /a/ right now that side with an all powerful government in a cautionary tale about the negative effects of shedding humanity
>there are literally people on /a/ right now too dense to get an allegory with the fucking proclamation "I am human" to slap them in the face

Utopia is no place /a/ you stupid faggots.
>>
>>119590364
At least someone gets it.
>>
>>119590337

It is sort of confusing in the anime, because most of the humans don't actually know the real history of it either, and we're told things from the perspective of Saki, who knows jack snot most of the time.

The implication is that the bakenezumi were humans from an age before the current one, and they were turned into the rats either intentionally by previous cruel psychic masterlords (they show several of them throughout the series) or unintentionally thanks to the subconscious power leak that all psychics have. This is what happened to Shun and why everything around him became disturbingly warped. He basically lost control of his powers.
>>
>>119590337
they didn't need to turn them all, just enough for the those that they did turn to be able to kill the rest for them
>>
>>119590364
well technically that's outopia...
>>
>>119590332
No. My point is that the humans NEVER mistreated the rats. Not even a single hint of cruelty was done unto them. The humans even allow the rats to freely roam in their borders for the sake of trade and communication. And during a war, they watch over them just like a UN except they are actually useful

The psychic users of 1000 years ago did. But not the generation that Squealer live with
>>
>>119585643
saki kills him[/spoiler
>>
>>119590552
That wasn't an execution, it was an act of mercy, something the villages would have never done.
>>
>>119590516
Literally the same word just transliterated to Latin.
>>
>>119583528
I love how this show always starts getting tons of threads whenever a weak season starts. Its like clockwork.
>>
>>119590364
What are you talking about, man?
There is a reason why the government and the church was divided. Utopia is a world were the government is incorruptible by any any human emotions
>>
>>119590587
no, see the whole point of utopia is the ambiguity between outopos and eutopos, taking only one reading and then claiming that as the meaning is just wrong.
>>
>>119590548

Never? I'm not sure the rats would agree. Both Kiroumaru and Squeeler had the same paranoia about the humans, and it wasn't unwarranted. Humans routinely wiped out "wild" bakenezumi clans in order to keep them under control. Bakenezumi also were forced to do menial chores for the humans as slave labor. They weren't even treated as second class citizens, as they had no say in what happened to them. The only way they could survive was to not piss off the Gods, and that's nothing but tyranny and oppression. From Squeeler's perspective, what he was doing was not only trying to ensure his species' survival, but liberation. His conclusion is what was heinous, not his ideals.
>>
>>119590548
>the humans NEVER mistreated the rats

But that's fucking wrong. The rats had to live their lives under the shadow of the humans, knowing that if they even blinked wrong their entire colony would be wiped out. The humans thought of them as animals despite them being as intelligent as humans, and considered them only good enough for slave labor. They would have not hesitated to wipe out the entire queerat race if they had any reason to. The whole point was that they were considered below humans, and if Squealer's treatment is any indication, even below animals.
>>
>>119590548
They essentially had to live their lives with a gun pointed at their head. If that's not mistreatment, nothing is.
>>
>>119590685
Yes, but you forgot that the humans never acted out of ill will. Every action they took was decided carefully by the council. Kioumaru and Squealers fear came from their awareness that they are helpless against humans but at the same time, they are aware that the humans have a strict sense of justice.

This is not even tyranny. This is just an ordinary case of law and order, just like a government to its people.

>Bakenezumi also were forced to do menial chores for the humans as slave labor
What? A single human can do the entire job of an entire colony in a single hour. They never had the need for rats as a labor force. The only time that humans employed the rats was after they were done eliminating the Akuma. And that only lasted till they were able to breed the Cats.
>>
>>119590817
They were living the same way under Squealer so I don't see the upside.
>>
>>119583528
Why does this show sold like shit
>>
>>119590746
>>119590817
It's just like how the government has police watching over the country, mate
The humans cannot be cruel. It will turn them into an Akuma.
>>
>>119591032
Because Ecchi and Harem are more interesting
>>
>>119591032
for the same reason than nagi no asukara

infinite stratos 2 sold more than both together. MOE and FANSERVICE
>>
>>119591116
>>119591032
Samefag. Learn english.
>>
>>119591032
Japanese has shit taste, while fucking SAO sold like hot cakes.
>>
>>119590890
>humans never acted out of ill will

>wiping out colonies is the only punishment dealt for any crime
>eradicate colonies if they pose any possible threat
>general racism and considering the rats less than valuable as life forms

Surely you jest. Their 'will' was to enforce the fascist system they had established, to ensure the Queerats know their place.
>>
>>119585554

Pacing was really bad. Anyone ever translate the novel? I guess it wasn't more than 500 pages so maybe the adaption is true to how fast it is, but I felt it was missing some lax period between each time skip and the event in each.

Need more monolog from Saki and other characters as well.
>>
File: stacked_saki.jpg (143KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
stacked_saki.jpg
143KB, 836x1200px
>>119583528
Try the manga.
>>
>>119591069
It's not, because citizens have rights, and we don't get our towns or counties nuked the moment we acquire any kind of power. In SSY, the rats have no rights, and are regularly slaughtered for the sake of keeping the power balance in check.
>>
>>119591032
Because nips won't pay for an overpriced BD of a medriocre adaptation when they can buy the far superior and far cheaper original novel. They are not that stupid.
>>
>>119591069
>It will turn them into an Akuma.

That's funny considering what they did to Squealer was something you would imagine a Fiend doing. They even took pleasure and glory in it. The humans were worse than Fiends.
>>
>>119591306
But nips are that stupid.

The real reason it sold like shit is because it was good. Good shows will almost always be commercial failures, because otaku are shallow creatures with shit taste.
>>
>>119591211
>wiping out colonies is the only punishment dealt for any crime
IIRC, The only crime worthy of genocide is keeping a false minoshiro

>eradicate colonies if they pose any possible threat
Just like how any nation would.

>general racism and considering the rats less than valuable as life forms
Nigga, you are looking down upon tumblrs and normalfags despite being a fellow human because you know that have a higher intelligence than them.
Whatmore to humans with superpowers?

>>119591296
Nay. The Humans have a strict code never to act outside of self-defense. The Rats have no rights but the humans are bounded by their own powers. Anyone who shows any sign of agression is eliminated quickly.
Even Saki's team had their memories wiped out simply because they were exposed to a war by accident.

>>119591364
Squealer betrayed not only the humans, but also his own people. I agree that they went overboard but that's the most righteous thing taht they can do, I guess
>>
I'm going off guys.
I hope the thread is still alive later so I can reply to whatever you guys said
>>
>>119591468
>Just like how any nation would.

Yes, because the USA or the UK immediately nukes any country the moment it evolves to the point where it's technologically advanced enough to oppose them.

You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>119591460
This show wasn't aimed at otaku though. Not one bit. It didn't even have a OP to sell itself. Though I wonder if they cut it to allow more budget for the rest, since they really had little of it.
>>
>>119591364
Yes, that was the point. These humans were no better than the animals they controlled or the cruel psychic lords who came before them. No matter how orderly or justified they thought they were, no matter how enlightened, they were still human beings, hostile and ugly.
>>
>>119591468
>you are looking down upon tumblrs and normalfags despite being a fellow human

Sure, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't hesitate about killing one or destroying a city full of normalfags.

>The Humans have a strict code never to act outside of self-defense.

Which they violated frequently. From their perspective, extreme paranoia about their neighbors constitutes self defense.

>I agree that they went overboard but that's the most righteous thing taht they can do, I guess

Nope, they should have just killed him. What they did was just them taking sick pleasure in the suffering of another being.
>>
>>119591648
>Yes, that was the point.

Yup, and somehow people still miss it.
>>
I just can't resist to check back. One last reply then I am out

>>119591548
If you look at it, Squealer and Kiomaru HAD a technologies that are good enough to pose a threat. But the humans did not act.
What made them respond are on the clues that Squealer was hiding a minoshiro

>>119591676
>Sure, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't hesitate about killing one or destroying a city full of normalfags.
The Humans ARE hesistating to kill the rats. They never acted when it is not right

>Which they violated frequently. From their perspective, extreme paranoia about their neighbors constitutes self defense
That's you being biased. The colonies are way too spread apart that the humans never found out about the foreign invaders until Saki came back to their homes. This proves that they never cared about the Rats

>Nope, they should have just killed him.
Leaders get a special treatment, anon. You cannot just kill a leader. It has to be done publicly
>>
>>119592078
>What made them respond are on the clues that Squealer was hiding a minoshiro

I believe it's stated that they had wiped out colonies in the past when they became technologically sufficient.

>The Humans ARE hesistating to kill the rats. They never acted when it is not right

Not as much as they would to kill another human, which is the point.

>This proves that they never cared about the Rats

They didn't care about the rat's daily lives and such, yeah. The point was that the rats were being forced to live an existence where the humans could and did wipe them out. They were only allowed to exist under the absolute tyranny of the humans. They had no rights or freedom as sentient beings.

>It has to be done publicly

There's a difference between public execution and eternal torture. If we had used black magic to keep Hitler eternal life and set his body on fire, and then displayed his pitiful existence of endless pain and suffering in Times Square for all to see, I'm pretty sure people would take issue with it.

Anyway, goodnight.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.