[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studio:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 11

File: STUDIO TIER.jpg (48KB, 449x538px) Image search: [Google]
STUDIO TIER.jpg
48KB, 449x538px
We need to fix this shit
>>
Yeah, JC Staff to God tier.
>>
God Tier:
Madhouse

High Tier:
Shaft, Kyoani

Mid Tier:
UfoTable, Sunrise(when they are actually giving their studios money), new DEEN

Horrible Tier
Toei, old DEEN, QUALITY Sunrise.

RIP Tier:
Gainax,
Only typed out a few.
>>
File: 1376804781500.jpg (307KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1376804781500.jpg
307KB, 1920x1080px
Swap White Fox with Dogakobo. Add Studio Gokumi, probably as another Fine Tier.

I'm not sure whether I'd want to move PA Works down for Glasslip or up for Shirobako. So I guess it stays the same.
>>
>God tier
Studio Ghibli
>Top tier
Madhouse
I.G
Bones
Gainax
4C
Sunrise
KyoAni (more or less)
>Fine tier
You name it...
>>
>>119182318
QUALITY TIER:
Production IMS
>>
>>119182318
IG, Madhouse and bones need to be brought down to meh tier.
Studio can't live on past reputation, presently they sucks. Dogobako need to be up there with ufotable and kyoani. Move A-1 down 1peg. Move Shaft down 1peg as well.
Sunrise is the true king.
>>
inb4 Musani on the list
>>
Great, more retarded studio wars.
>>
which studio did that anime with the girl that went to live with her grandmother who runs an old style inn and another girl who wants to be a chef also lives there? That is a top tier studio.
>>
>>119182964
>current sunrise and kyoani
>not garbage
Stay deluded
>>
>>119183019
top tier or god tier idk which depending on whatever else is god tier
>>
>Biggest studio aka high-budget studio
Ghibli
KyoAni
Sunrise
Production IG
Gainax

>Middle-budget studio
A-1
JC-staff
Gonzo
PA works
Trigger

>Kids studio
TOEI Animation

>Low-budget studio
Feels
8bit
Satelite
DEEN

>Inconsistency-scheduling studio
SHAFT
>>
>>119183019
I believe that is Hanasaku Iroha and animated by P.A Works
>>
>>119183125
>P.A Works
Top tier for sure.
>>
>>119182318
>AIC
They are pretty much dead, what's left of them went onto other studios like Production IMS.
>>
>>119182964
Sunrise got backing from Bandai, when other studios struggle with their financial issues... it's kind of not fair to compare actually
>>
>>119182318
>God Tier
>Sunrise
It's over, anon. Sunrise is nothing, now.
And Madhouse deserves to be in the god tier.
>>
>>119182964
I was just thinking about how Dogakobo hasn't really made a bad show for the past several years, and often puts out a serious AOTS contender.

They've got a scifi original coming up this year; if that turns out amazing then maybe people will take them more seriously as a top-notch studio instead of just being really, really good at SoL/comedy/light romance.
>>
>>119183123
This...
>>
>>119183123
tigger and gonzo are Low-budget studio too
>>
>>119182318
you need to fix your shit taste
>>
>>119183236
>Dogakobo hasn't really made a bad show for the past several years
Donten
>>
Trigger should be lower

PA should be higher

DEEN should be lower

GHIBLI should be lower

J.C. staff should be higher just because of raildex
>>
>>119182318
Why Madhouse isnt god tier is beyond me
>>
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i've ever read that I.G Port owns Production I.G, Wit Studios, & Xebec...

Does it means that I.G is the 'biggest' studio right now?
>>
>>119183534
WIT became titanic after the Shingekidomination and they will have anime airing in 3 out of 4 seasons this year.
>>
>>119183358
>GHIBLI should be lower

How? It's already in dead tier.
>>
>>119183358
JCstaff has done pretty alright lately.

>witch craft works
>railgun s
>henneko
>wixoss
>golden time
>joshiraku
>rurumo

Many of these shows don't get huge discussion or are AOTS hype trains, but have been consistently watchable and that's what counts, they have been a bit better than Meh lately, unless Futari Wa was bad enough to knock them down a peg. It kind of was really, but maybe TD will redeem them.
>>
>Kyoani
>Anything other than meh tier
>>
>>119183593
Guess he means rape tier.
>>
>>119183326
It his first fault since his Post-VN era, other shaft buy for that recodd
>>
File: 1391982264526.gif (611KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1391982264526.gif
611KB, 500x360px
>>119182318
>Top tier
Madhouse > Brains Base > Production IG > Dogakobo
>Mid tier
Shaft > White Fox > Ufotable > JC staff > Bones > A-1 > Kyoani
>Low tier
PA works > Trigger > Deen > Manglobe > Toei
>>
>>119182318
Shaft-> meh tier.
>>
>>119183597
>Railgun S
>Alright
>>
>>119182318
Where's ROBOT and MAPPA
>>
>>119182318
It truly saddens me that Studio Ghibli is truly rip so far.
It needs to be saved. It has to be saved.
>>
>>119183370
>mahou sensou
>hanayamata
>mahouka
>ngnl
>humpty dumpty
>parasyst
This is their portfolio from the past 2years. Basically they are just paid to adapt whatever.
>>
>>119183820
you're a dumb cunt
>>
>>119183123
>Gainax
ahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
File: 670547653498.png (29KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
670547653498.png
29KB, 500x275px
>Fine Tier
>Trigger
hue hahaha.

>>119182853
Sup QUALITY fag.
>>
ranking studios is fucking retarded because unless they're kyoani they don't do the majority of things with in house staff
>>
File: 2014 tier.png (357KB, 1172x2273px) Image search: [Google]
2014 tier.png
357KB, 1172x2273px
>>119182318
Here.
>>
>>119185671
dog shit chart
>>
>god tier
>anyone but sunrise and KyoAni
this is how you recognize wrong chart made by ignorant newfag
>>
>>119182318
>God Tier
Sunrise only

>Top Tier
Keep Satelite, Xebec and Brains Base; add Dogakobo. Scrub everything else.

>Mid Tier
Add Shaft, IG, Madhouse, Kyoani, White Fox

>Shit Tier
Add PA Works, BONES, Trigger, A1, Assread

>Dead Tier
AIC belong here now
>>
>>119182318
God Tier:
ufotable
MAPPA
KyoAni

Top tier:
Madhouse
IG

Fine tier:
Sunrise
Bones
White Fox
Brains Base
A-1
Dogakobo

INSERT STUDIOS HERE

Meh tier:
JC Staff
SHAFT
Manglobe

Shit tier:
Trigger
DEEN
Toei

Reminder that studios are rated according to their production values rather than overall quality of the shows, which includes writing
>>
>>119185885
2015 and still overrating kyoanus?
>>
>>119185885
>Sunrise
>rating it high after G-Reco
>>
>>119182318
Pierrot deserves a bump to Meh for Sabagebu
>>
>>119185921
>ufotable
>production values
>>
>>119185929
Anyone can animate on a level like them? As shit KnK was, it was better animated than anything airing in the past years including overhype Shite/Zero and Shite/Stay Night

Any studio produced a TV masterpiece even near the level of Hyouka?

Any studio made anime movie better than Disappearance?
>>
>>119185943
Sunrise is not "best anime studio".

Sunrise is THE anime. Studio that along with Toei pretty much created anime as such, still biggest, most profitable, and producing most original shows.
>>
File: MAPPA.jpg (18KB, 239x88px) Image search: [Google]
MAPPA.jpg
18KB, 239x88px
God tier.
>>
>God tier
Studios that I like

>Shit tier
Studios that you like
>>
>>119185943
Butthurt Recofag? Sunrise still has shit tons of other blockbusters including LL, Aikatsu, Ginatama, Gundam Origins, etc.
>>
>>119185956
Say what you want about UBW but it's the best animated show this season
>>
>>119185978
Thanks to Bandai.
>>
>>119185983
They did some great fucking work this season.
>>
>>119185983
At least all the praise newfags give to Madhouse atm is misaimed and should go to Mappa. Madhouse is dead.

Mappa did not yet made any classic, but their production and direction quality is already above many.
>>
>>119186010
No, it's not.
>>
Studio Gokumi is fairly unappreciated, make nice looking stuff and do some good adaptations.
>>
>>119186054
But it is, not even the KyoAni show or Hipster no Bahamut comes close
>>
>ranking by studio
>not ranking by animators, directors, and other staff

Fucking newfags.
>>
What studio is "king of filters" - Ufotable or Gohands?

I personally think Gohands does better animation, also their shows are not that great, Ufotable works with more popular material
>>
>>119185921
Kyoanus is dead anon.
Ufotab.e doesn't make enough shows to be considered god tier, same with Mappa. Sunrise is the only one true choice for god tier.
>>
>>119186010
Maybe the animation is decent but the art is fucking garbage.
>>
>>119186148
>Kyoanus is dead anon.
Based on what?

Them incrasin their value from 1.3 to 2bln yen in 2014?

Having 100+ employes hired and payd better wage than in industry?

Tamako Love Story being best anime movie of 2014?

Having own animation school and LN publisher?

Half Comicet being Free doujin?

Anything else?
>>
>>119186108
Ufotable isn't even that known for filters, just their tm shit. Futakoi had none, gums had a little. Go hands is new so it's hard to say.

Honestly, I'd say shaft or kyoani. They use digital post processing more than anyone else, it's just not always obvious. Especially with kyoani. They're usually pretty subtle about it.
>>
>>119186010
because they only doing one anime for a whole year. every fine tier studio can archive the same result whit a single anime per year
>>
honestly, this shit depends more on directors and animators than studios. These things are very fluid, so judging shit by studio is a bit retarded. Nakamura shaft is certainly not shinbo shaft.
>>
File: 1390946617836.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1390946617836.gif
1MB, 400x400px
Can Dogakobo get in God Tier already?
>>
>>119186221
This is often spewed statement on /a/, and as much of whats being posted on /a/ - false

Because anime is not persons work, but industry involving up to hundreds people in production on different stage.

Every show usually even have more than one director, many different for each episodes, not counting animation staff and subcontract to other studios.

Studios, as production enviroments, base talent resources and methods of production play huge role, and most studios are easily recognizable by their works, up to the point you can immidiately say what anime studio it is by just looking (that applies also to directors style, but actual execution is also very visible)
>>
>>119186256
They would have been on a way there, if not their last show.
>>
>>119186256
they should prove that they can do more than just comedies

...for which they are very close to god tier
>>
>Kyoani
>chuunishit
>tamako market
>free
>Knk
>top tier

Nope. Not anymore.
>>
>>119186399
KyoAni is the only studio left in Japan that can actually animate.
>>
>>119186180
Based on the number of shows that are good from them in the last two years. Free is an ok show at most but it's the only one with significant financial success. Comparing that to Sunrise's portfolio or even Shaft and you can see Kyoani is losing breath against the competitors.

Half of comiket is not about Free. I don't know where you got that from.

The money they are collecting now mainly come from piggybacking on old titles. This is not a healthy sign for a company, especially one with heavy salary burden like Kyoani.
>>
>>119186347
MJP is well liked in /m/ but i feel that it was too safe and forgettable
>>
>>119182318
>dogakobo
>meh tier
sheeeeeeet nigga....
>>
>>119186256
Their good animators are quitting and they are starting to do subpar adaptations.
>>
>>119186323
The only thing stable about studios is that the low level staff, Inbetweenners and what not, stay consistent. The seminal staff tends to move around a lot. Directors, key animators. The only studios you can really judge as an independent entity are ones with stable, small rosters. Shaft, kyoani, etc.

Zeta gundam isn't similar in style, content, or production to love live. Precure has little in common with op. If studios have a consistent style, that is because of consistent staff.

Studios are just a container. It's the people that matter.
>>
Donten was horrendous for the most part but I disagree they are meh tier. Maybe decent tier, as they didn't branch much from their SoL/Comedy roots with much success.
>>
>>119183123
>Inconsistency-scheduling studio
>SHAFT
Kizufag still mad
>>
>>119186545
>The only thing stable about studios is that the low level staff, Inbetweenners and what not, stay consistent. The seminal staff tends to move around a lot. Directors, key animators. The only studios you can really judge as an independent entity are ones with stable, small rosters. Shaft, kyoani, etc.
You are clueless and have no idea what you talk about.

Shaft is small roaster but hires SHITLOAD of subcontractors and freelance animators.

KyoAni is anything but small, with over 100 regular employes, 3 offices and 2 substidios its one of the biggest studios in industry, by far compared to most.

Love Live is studio 8 and its pretty damn similar to most what studio 8 did all those years.

ITT: just stop posting.
>>
>>119183123
>Biggest studio aka high-budget studio
>Gainax
Stop living in 2012, Gainax is on life support.
>>
>>119184453
Yet, sunrise is in "god tier". Why? If I look at new sunrise show, all I can see is shit.
>>
>>119184065
MAPPA is rising power.
>>
>>119186108
GoHands is the one that did an entire show where the only color the skin of the main characters had came from overlays, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>119186545
Sunrise as a unified studio has three consistent directives: great OST, smooth movement and mecha animation, IPs are always created with potential multimedia expansions. Other than that, each sub-studios can do as they see fit including outsourcing. That made a huge incentive for creativity. As a result, Sunrise art-styles are different from one show to another while their shows can carter to as many demographic as possible.
>>
>>119186675
Unicorn, Gundam Build Fighter, Love Live, T&B, Aikatsu are all good shows in the last two years.
>>
>>119186675
Because Aikatsu, LL and Unicorn?
Did you know they also had a hand in Yamato 2199?
They have kid show, an idol show and unicorn.
They are pretty much single handedly carrying the industry.
>>
>>119186653
What, do you think all shaft shows look the same or something?
The differences are subtle but they're there.

Kyoani is big but their core staff is rather limited. In addition, they rarely take outside help.

Love live is under studio 8, but it's still a part of sunrise. Hopefully that makes you realize how meaningless labels are, and that what matters is the people that work on them.

Your argument is based on the fact that studios apparently always have the same people. But that's just not true. Many of the best animators and directors and storyboard artists and writers are all freelance.

Kyoani and shaft and whatnot are just the exception that proves the rule. And besides, pre-shinbou shaft is nothing like today's shaft. Ever seen rec?

People matter. Not some arbitrary division of people.
>>
>>119186545
As expect of Shaft licker.
>>
File: 2be.png (304KB, 639x352px) Image search: [Google]
2be.png
304KB, 639x352px
>Madhouse
>Good
>>
>>119186708
>great ost
What is LL
>smooth animation
Dude did you fucking watch any UC gendem?

Sunrise is a large varied studio. Yet it's all under the arbitrary sunrise label. What matters is people, not studios.
>>
>>119185983
But Teekyu was shit.
>>
>>119185983
They are certainly flashy and have high production value.
Too bad, they are just that.
All style and zero substance. They should have picked a better script for their first original instead of that garbage terror plot.
>>
>>119186884
I don't get what you mean? Are you trying to reject of confirm my points? LL' ost is great and Unicorn's animation is fantastic. Yes, people matters but studio with appropriate funding, management, and animation directive matter a lot more.
>>
>>119186983
*or
>>
>>119186983
LL has shitty music. And this is coming from someone who spent $200 on SIF

UC not unicorn.

And studios are nothing but groups of people. If the composition of a studio is flexible, you can't say that it has an overarching style. Ute a isn't a JC staff show, it's an ikuhara show.
>>
>>119187072
>LL has shitty music.
Kill yourself.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JoIB55zlIG0
>Spent $200 on sif.
What a pleb. I bet you don't even watch the show.
>>
>God-tier
Sunrise

Top-tier
Production I.G, KyoAni, Bones, ufotable, Dogakobo

Fine-tier
Satelight, J.C Staff, P.A Works, White Fox, Xebec, MAPPA, Madhouse

Meh-tier
Silver Link, David, Tatsunoko, Shaft, Pierrot, Feel, A-1, Trigger, Diomedea, WIT, Gokumi

>Shit-tier
Toei, DEEN, Arms, TMS, Zexcs, Ordet, Production IMS, Passione

RIP-tier
Bee Train, Gonzo, Gainax, Ghibli
>>
>>119185983
A high-budget doesn't excuse the shallow content.
>>
>>119186099
Welcome to /a/.
>>
david production in fine tier
white fox in meh tier
xebec in meh tier
tatsunoko in fine tier
dogakobo in fine tier
artland in fine tier
satelight in meh/shit tier
madhouse in meh or fine tier (right now more meh)
kyoani in fine or meh tier due to all the garbage between hyouka and amagi
>>
>>119184038
considering how the second half was pretty much shit yea Railgun S was meh
>>
>>119182318
>A1
>top tier
have they even done anything worthy of note

>manglobe
>meh tier
butthurt ayumifag detected
>>
>>119185671
>GOD TIER
>Ufotable

ayyyyy
>>
>>119182318
Sunrise stays on top.
Ufotable go down, they really did a shit job lately.
>>
a "god tier studio" need to do well with anime for kids and Late night anime, so sunrise is the only god tier
>>
>>119182318
>Manglobe
>not Shit tier
TOP KEK
>>
File: animestudios.png (234KB, 1273x1727px) Image search: [Google]
animestudios.png
234KB, 1273x1727px
>>
>>119187072
>$200 on SIF
>implying that's "big"
I bet you don't even have URs for each color.
>>
>>119182318
Jesus fuck look at all these no name companies, no wonder Anime is dying, they're spreading the thinning out populace between like 20 fucking studios
>>
>>119188098
>Amagi
>not garbage
Thanks for the chuckle.
>>
How many of AIC in there is dead ?
>>
There's litterally not a single studio that can come close to sunrise when they actually try.
Unicorn is the proof
I'd say A-1 comes in second lots of funding as they are sub of SONY i guess
>>
>>119186788
>They are pretty much single handedly carrying the industry.
Do you actually believe that Akatsu, LL and Unicorn are carrying the industry?
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.