[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think about Fate/Stay Night UBW 2014. No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 28

File: FSN Art.jpg (105KB, 1250x713px) Image search: [Google]
FSN Art.jpg
105KB, 1250x713px
What does /a/ think about Fate/Stay Night UBW 2014.

No FateFag reaction pls.
>>
Pretty boring.
>>
>>118636227

Nanoha is better
>>
>>118636227
Honestly, an Archer boss rush would be better than all this convoluted plot. Put Archer in a tower where he has to defeat a servant on each floor with limited support from a master of his choice, Would make for good watching.
>>
>>118636227
Shit, the movie was more entertaining.
>>
>>118636227
Fate/Stay Night UBW? More like Fate/Stay Snooze amirite
>>
>>118636227
Good production values, awful pacing.
>>
Very high production values. Everything else is completely average or worse.

Crappy, forgettable series overall.
>>
AOTY 10/10 would watch again.
>>
>>118636227

It's good and pretty.
>>
>>118636227
10/10 VN adaption. The best I've seen.

The fact that there is three one hour episodes in the first cour alone makes me all giddy. They are really going all out with this.
>>
>>118636227
I wish Tohsaka Rin was the protagonist. A male idealistic protagonist is overdone. Plus a strong female lead like Rin would really make this anime stand out unlike the way it is right now.
>>
>>118636227
I am not really a fun but the animation is godlike and anyone who says otherwise is blind retarded faggot
>>
Kind of underwhelming.
>>
I had more fun reading the novel. I was actually engrossed in reading it whereas with this its just another show I'm watching this season to pass the time
>>
>>118637672
Rin is basically the deuteragonist of F/SN in general, and especially with UBW, she has enough screentime that it's easy to call her the protagonist or the main character. Doubly so in the anime where the story isn't near as connected to Shirou's first person narration and Rin gets her own exclusive scenes.
>>
>>118636227
I know its suppose to follow the UBW route but knowing who archer is this almost reveal every other scene is starting to irk me. I think theres only a few moments in the vn where they actually openly talk about it. Better be a good payoff in the anime.
>>
>>118636227
Read the VN
>>
>>118640026
Read all the routes. Why?
>>
>>118636227
Fascinating, because they're making it about the characters, but also missed opportunity. Kind of feel like they could have done several key Saber scenes with the Rin scenes (Sakura mostly is relevant later in the series so it makes sense most of her scenes came early).

I like that the show is taking a lot of time with Rin and Shirou's relationship. There's that is getting more time to explore, like their complicated family dynamics. They both experienced trauma when they were young, but they are both dedicated to overcoming it different ways. The full 2 course order is allowing more character moments.

The pacing isn't perfect (Mushishi has been nearly perfect in pacing this year) but I like the return of slower anime.
>>
Does anyone else feel like the music has been COMPLETELY underwhelming? Even the original DEEN anime had good music even if it was lacking in almost everything else. Fate/Zero had Kajiura making sure your ears knew when shit was going down. In UBW 2014 there is literally no climatic music setting the mood, ever, for anything. Even if what's happening on-screen is exciting, I don't feel like the music is telling me I should be excited.

I was really looking forward to UBW, but it's been a bit of a disappointment so far.
>>
they should have gotten Urobuchi to write an original fate story, what Nasu wrote is really boring.
>>
>>118636227
Taiga needs to go. They could have done it with a single cour, so much pissing around. I remember having a better time with DEEN UBW despite everything being way too rushed.
>>
>>118642176
I don't remember a single track.
>>
What exactly this show did wrong?
Look like there is lots of negative reactions.
Still not watched, i think the fate franchise was milked too much. I can't bring myself to watch the episodes cause i'm basically tired of this.
>>
>>118642176
I completely disagree. The soundtrack has been great. I've been more tuned into the music than most anime because it's ridiculously thematic.

Seriously there's like a theme for everything. Like this episode alone even had a minor motif developed that showed whenever Shirou's numbness was brought up. The music completely rewards you for listening, unlike a lot of anime scores which usually could be replaced with countless other pieces of library music.
>>
>>118636227
Who's the person between Caster and Berserker in the pic?
>>
>>118642985
Archer.
>>
>>118643004
You sure? Pose is the same, but that looks like a dress (probably because of perspective, but still)
Also Archer's already in the foreground
>>
File: 1360779348184.jpg (157KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1360779348184.jpg
157KB, 600x600px
>>118641041
>The pacing isn't perfect (Mushishi has been nearly perfect in pacing this year) but I like the return of slower anime.

I'm actually digging the pacing, I just like the scenes where Shirou and Rin take it slow and just discuss their problems. They feel very intimate.
>>
>>118643045
The pacing is exactly perfect if you take into consideration the DEEN movie.

Every slow and non-rushed scene is a figurative "fuck you" to that piece of garbage.
>>
>>118642817
I remember the dubstep for berserker's first appearance.
>>
>>118642985

Hassan-i Sabbah (True Assassin).
>>
File: 1364339593542.jpg (29KB, 355x461px) Image search: [Google]
1364339593542.jpg
29KB, 355x461px
>>118643080
Exactly what I was thinking, that adaption really felt soulless as fuck.
Deito is gonna be fun.
>>
>>118636227
Better than the original.
>>
Mostly boring and plastic.
You can really see the flaws of Nasu's writing in this adaptation
>>
File: 26b.png (68KB, 177x240px) Image search: [Google]
26b.png
68KB, 177x240px
>>118643140
yeah I like that, taking it easy this episode, then have deito and make it end around Rule Breaker and/or Archer's betrayal.

Then cour 2 is gonna be one wild ride
>>
File: ScreenHunter_960 Jun. 24 02.08.jpg (42KB, 658x369px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_960 Jun. 24 02.08.jpg
42KB, 658x369px
Why is everyone so negative now? Is it the hipster pattern?
>>
>>118643233

Stick to the actual type-moon threads if you want /a/'s actual reaction. "Testing the water" threads like this attract cynicism like a magnet.
>>
>>118643269
>TM fags actually believe this
>>
>>118643233
When you ask people what your opinion of something is, chances are you're going to get more negative responses than positive. I mean how many people are just gonna pop in and say "I like it". The people who have problems are gonna be the ones who'll talk.

A lot of people obviously like it, otherwise we wouldn't have so many threads.
>>
>>118643269
>if you want /a/'s actual reaction
There is no /a/ reaction because /a/ isn't a hivemind.
Of course the reactions will be different in a TM threads since they are there to attract fanboys, you guys should get your head out of your ass and accept other people have different opinions
>>
Lame. Zero was the real shit. This is boring man.
>>
>>118643373
The first cour of Zero wasn't exactly action packed.
>>
>>118643323

But who cares about the opinion of the non-core demographic?
I don't like WWII movies and will not give a proper analysis on WWII movies, so I cannot truly judge WWII movies on their quality. Asking a fan of WWII movies would receive more substantial input because they understand what they would be reviewing.
>>
How will they handle the sex scene?
I really want to know.
>>
>>118643417
At most implied sex.

Worst case scenario is they go full Realta Nua, but they kept the dickworms, so who knows.
>>
>>118643396
>But who cares about the opinion of the non-core demographic?
>I don't like WWII movies and will not give a proper analysis on WWII movies, so I cannot truly judge WWII movies on their quality.
That's fucking retarded.
An anime/movie is a standalone product, it should be judged as such
>>
>>118641041
>The pacing isn't perfect (Mushishi has been nearly perfect in pacing this year) but I like the return of slower anime.
It's dumb to compare the pacing of an anime with one that is episodic.
>>
>>118643417
Probably Realta Nua dolphins.
HF better have some actual implied fuck though, vampirism sounds kinda shitty.
>>
>>118643396
It's equally valid to point out that if a work has no appeal outside its primary demographic, then it is flawed in its ability to be relevant or interesting to a wide variety of people.
>>
File: the red man.png (397KB, 714x423px) Image search: [Google]
the red man.png
397KB, 714x423px
Ah, so -this- is what they mean when they say Shirou is the "Red Man".
>>
File: Rin.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rin.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
P-please like my show more.
>>
>>118643451
>>118643480

But if it was never intended to be a standalone product (and this anime was not, it was an adaptation of a second route of a VN), then this argument holds no weight.
>>
>>118643515
>and this anime was not, it was an adaptation of a second route of a VN
Are you fucking stupid?
Of course this is supposed to be a standalone product, do you see a disclaimer going "Attention, you have to read the VN before watching this"? Or something?
>>
>>118643591

They released the first route of the VN for free in japan. Yes, you were supposed to read the VN before watching it. The anime is designed as a supplementary material for the VN readers.
>>
>>118643591
Different guy here. They did kind of release the Fate route (The first one) for free, and if you watch the live versions of the show, they plaster ads for the VN in the commercials.

Just pointing that out.
>>
>the standalone vs adaptation argument again

You guys had this argument already and it led nowhere. just stop
>>
I feel like the pacing is completely out of whack and that makes it seem boring so far. Probably will be a better rewatch with blu rays and all in one go.
>>
>>118643621
>>118643619
They released the first route for free because it's a good commercial move, not because you are supposed to read it to understand the anime

Seriously if you think UBW is circlejerk only that's pretty pathetic, it's an anime airing in Japan it should be judged as such

And even then, as someone who actually did read the game, it's not like Fate bring so much that it would change the perception of the anime? What you seem to think is that only people who are super fanboy of the franchise should be allowed to judge the anime which is pretty silly
>>
>>118643619
That still doesn't mean that they should do nothing to appeal to secondaries, though. They should know that it's likely that a large part of their audience will have never read the VN and if they want to keep these people around, they should try a bit harder to explain shit for these people
>>
>>118643440
>>118643467

What the fuck is a realta nua dolphin?
>>
>>118643714
>Seriously if you think UBW is circlejerk only that's pretty pathetic

It's a smart marketing move because the type-moon fanbase in japan is both unfathomably rich and fervently insane.
Remember the Kara no Kyoukai BD set that cost as much as a computer?

>What you seem to think is that only people who are super fanboy of the franchise should be allowed to judge the anime which is pretty silly

It's more like the anime was made for said super-fanboys, and other people are not intended viewers but merely bonuses to ufotable. They have their established core viewers and they're doing their best to pander to them and them alone. Everyone else is gravy.
>>
File: 1412539949747.png (3MB, 736x3488px) Image search: [Google]
1412539949747.png
3MB, 736x3488px
>>118643742
This. Censored version of the scene used in the PS2/PSP version of the game.
>>
>>118643714
The entire UBW route operates on the assumption that you read Fate and are aware of the events that happened within it. The anime is so faithful to this that it doesn't bother explaining shit like Shirou's projection abilities or the fact that he has an invincible recovery mcguffin planted within him or the fact that Saber is R63 King Arthur
>>
>>118643788
Wow! Fuck that shit.
>>
>>118643775
I'm amazed there are people this delusional.
>>
>>118643828
The DEEN movie did it, too, Have a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJCQZHEESY
>>
>>118643788
>That second CG
I'm almost regretful I read the original now, that looks so much more appropriate than the garbage sex scene
>>
>>118643829

What an interesting response.
ufotable put their money in the guaranteed rewards pocket instead of shooting the moon. Is it really that complex? Secondaries are a gamble and they didn't opt to take it.
>>
>>118643800
I wonder if the UBW anime operates under the assumption that people have watched Zero beforehand.
>>
>>118643860
There's a few subtle references here and there, but overall, UBW is the route that has arguably the least to do with Zero, so there's not many connections to be drawn
>>
>>118643467
>vampirism sounds kinda shitty
Doesn't really matter.
Vampirism has the same implications as fucking, with bodily fluids containing a lot of magical energy.

I suspect that blood holds even more than semen.
>>
>>118643843
Holy shit! I didn't know having sex lets you read people's memories!

So sex is a good way to transfer mana I get that and it's mostly through sperm if I recall. So how do females transfer mana to males?

I personally only read stay night and then got busy and couldn't read UBW. So I get how Shirou can give Arthuria some magic but how is Rin giving Shirou magic?
>>
File: 1418799583871.png (276KB, 572x510px) Image search: [Google]
1418799583871.png
276KB, 572x510px
>>118643856
but this version is fucking stupid plot-wise

why would Rin give away a Magic Crest that has been passed down for generations in her family instead of just having sex with the guy she loves before leaving for a battle that may kill them
>>
>>118643800
>Shirou's projection abilities or the fact that he has an invincible recovery mcguffin planted within him or the fact that Saber is R63 King Arthur
Except the complains in this thread and in general have nothing to do with these so your point isn't really valid.
>>
>It isn't action time all the time so the pacing is bad!

Anime only faggots go die and stay die.
>>
>>118636227
I am really happy with this adaptation of UBW. Finally, the Berserker s animation was convaincing and damn, I like how they don't rush things to focus on the differents caracters. I just regret that Berserker does not yell like he did in the VN but so far, the job is perfectly done.
>>
>>118643947
I was merely illustrating how the anime isn't meant to be a standalone experience.
>>
>>118643904
The explanation of the Grail War seems less explored in UBW, compared to Zero.

I guess Ufotable is trying its best to please VN Readers and secondaries.
>>
>>118643981
This episode had a lot of great stuff in it, too. It helped solidify Rin and Shirou's relationship and further elaborated on things with Shirou's ideals.

It also gave more screentime to Taiga to prepare what's about to happen to her.
>>
>>118636227
The director is shit.
>>
>>118643981
The problem is that it's written like an average action harem anime, in term of pure length it's at like episode 14 or so so far but it feels like nothing has happened.
There is a lot they could have done if Ufotable wasn't busy sucking Nasu's cock, other povs for example to actually develop the rest of the characters
>>
>>118643981
The pacing is bad in the individual episodes. It's fine between episodes, and I say this as a primary. When you're watching an episode a week, it seems a bit schizophrenic when you have an episode of nothing but low key character building, and then the next episode is literally entirely fight scene. It's only when you watch the episodes all together that it fits.
>>
>>118644041
>it feels like nothing has happened

How many servants were dead at this point in Zero?
>>
>>118644007
>Well, that s indeed a point but as an anon said before, I think Ufotable expects its public to know a bit about the nasuverse. After all, TM has been milking F/SN for ten years old now.
>>
Did UTW drop this or are they planning to be done when the next cour starts?
>>
>>118643943
Seriously?
Gld i've read the original PC version master race.
Tohsaka giving away the crest... buddha fucking siddharta... that's retarded.
>>
>>118644082
L/D ratio doesn't have much to do with what I was pointing out.
In term of plot/narrative/characterization it feels like nothing much has happened
>>
>>118644106
The censored version of the sex scene in Fate is dumb too. Shirou sacrifices several of his magic circuits permanently crippling himself as a mage.

Could have just fucked her.
>>
>>118644114
Well that comes down to opinion, really. I mean they've built up Shirou, his relationship with Rin, his issues with Archer, already dealt with a servant with Rider, and are well on their way through the Caster part of the story. They've also started to build up to Gilgamesh.

I think a lot of people forget that most of the first cour of Zero was build up too.
>>
Why do Japanese adults not want kids to have healthy relationships with the other sex?

Was it really so bad that Rin stayed past SIX PM ?
>>
>>118644082
Hilariously, we actually do have a Servant dead first cour in UBW, even if they made zero effort in establishing anything about Rider.

>>118644114
You're not paying any attention to the interactions between Archer, Rin and Shirou if it seems like nothing's happening in terms of characterization. The narrative so far has been mostly gathering information and I'll grant that's not terribly exciting, but it's something. It'll pick up next episode.
>>
>>118644198
It's actually just that Taiga wants to hook Shirou up with Sakura.
>>
File: 1417548736952.jpg (191KB, 417x826px) Image search: [Google]
1417548736952.jpg
191KB, 417x826px
>>118644230
She should know better
>>
>>118644260
Sakura a cute
Rin a cute
Taiga is TOTY
>>
>love Rin/Archer
>hate Rin/Shirou
What the fuck is wrong with me
Yes I already know but my dick won't communicate with my brain
>>
>>118644315
>love Rin/Cool badass Shirou
>Hate Rin/worthless goody two shoes Shirou
Your brain have nothing wrong.
>>
>>118644315
UBW Shirou basically becomes Archer except with a more clear ideal and a waifu there to help him all along the way.
>>
>>118636227
Plenty of boring parts scattered around and Rider dies without even getting to say her name. As good as an adaption this is, for people who don't know the VN it's pretty meh. I would have preferred a writing overhaul to be more like a battle royal like Zero
>>
>>118644195
I didn't compare it to Zero, it had pretty terrible pacing too.

>>118644202
I'm not saying nothing has happened, just that in the span the anime aired so far it's definitely not enough, not even close.
There is just a lot of meandering, I don't mind seeing a slower story but the characterization isn't even present, only "developing" Shirou, Rin and a bit of Archer isn't enough for like 14 episodes
>>
Saber really seems useless in UBW. Like real useless. All the other servants seem better and she's supposed to be the best.

I know it's because she isn't getting any mana from Shirou but it's not explained in the anime so it just makes her look shit.
>>
File: 1418757582080.jpg (43KB, 582x329px) Image search: [Google]
1418757582080.jpg
43KB, 582x329px
>>118644368
>implying regret is cool or badass
>implying admitting your life needs no meaning is something a goody two shoes would say

>nearly 2015
>not waiting for somone's arrival
>not having no regrets
>no having your entire be unlimited blades works
>mfw
>>
>>118644368
>Cool badass Shirou

He's a transdimensional janitor (Who does it for free, mind you) that ends up in some random universe and starts picking on a guy who kind of looked liked he used to; for no other reason than being mad about the choices he made in life.

Seriously, Archer's character in UBW boils down to him throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>118643392

Episode 5 blows anything from UBW out of water because it's basically shitty harem protag struggles with his self angst nobody cares about.

We want to see a Heroic Spirit Battle royale, not the Masters getting in the way (Masters should battle Masters). That's why the other fate works correct the mistake FSN (and FHA) committed.
>>
>>118644421
>unlimited maid works
>>
>>118644408
Saber's main point in UBW is to exist so Rin can win the HGW. It's Shirou and Archer's route; she had her fun in Fate when she wasn't jobbing there too.
>>
File: 1412018129929.jpg (113KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1412018129929.jpg
113KB, 800x600px
>>118644439
>I just want action
>I don't want a character story

were FSN and FHA's mistakes having way more developped characters than FZ?
>>
>>118644408

>Rider
>better than Saber

come on, even Shirou mocks her.
>>
>>118636227
It's kind of fucking boring honestly. I'm waiting to see what the second half does before I draw my conclusion though.
>>
>>118644485
>were FSN and FHA's mistakes having way more developped characters than FZ?
FSN certainly doesn't.
>>
>>118644439
>We want to see a Heroic Spirit Battle royale
>We want to see
>We

who the dick is "we"?
>>
>>118644514
Shirou is the most developed character in Type Moon.

He's so developed he has multiple alternate character arcs that are all equally valid.
>>
>>118644485

I like Bazett and Avenger, they are my favorite Master/Servant team, nonetheless the story of FSN takes a cool concept and makes it all about a fag nobody cares about.

People aren't watching this shit because of Shirou. They are watching it because the theme of Heroic Spirits beating the shit of each others in modern time attracts them.

That's why they give Shirou the boot and milk the concept in other works. Fate/Zero is one of the best use. If you reduce FSN to the same page-count FZ had, it did a better job fleshing out the characters and making the story more cohesive and engaging. We didn't need 20 minutes of fucking teddy bear shopping.
>>
>>118644439
>self angst
You do truly realize that at this point people aren't even arguing around here: they just repeat those words that hold no meaning like they are a funny meme that was born before they were around, repeating it out of context.
If you truly do believe that Shirou has "harem protag angst struggles" you can either review the way you just approach any medium and story, not only talking about FSN, and try to see the error of your ways, because no amount of arguments can convince someone that doesn't know the meaning of the words he's using.
And, just to correct you
>That's why the other fate works correct the mistake FSN committed
Urobuchi loves FSN, he just wanted to write a different kind of story instead of recycling the same ideas over and over again.
>>
>>118644530

The majority of Japan that isn't giving a fuck about UBW as it did to FZ? The fact that later Fate works erase Shirou (even removing him from Archer and making Archer the No Name Hero, so he won't be 'stained' 100% by Shirou) to focus on what matters: the bait-plot of the Servants battle.

Really who gives a fuck about Shirou?
>>
>>118644557
>Shirou is the most developed character in Type Moon.
Yeah but he is also the only one with like Rin who get actual decent development in FSN

And even then Shirou's development is pretty overrated, people seem to think he is the deepest character ever
>>
>>118644485
Wasn't the whole point of F/HA to develop the back seat characters?
>>
>>118643392
If anything the second half had even less action.
>>
>>118644611
>(even removing him from Archer and making Archer the No Name Hero, so he won't be 'stained' 100% by Shirou)

Bahaha fucking what? Did you even play Extra?
There's a thirty minute fucking scene that screams "THIS IS EMIYA SHIROU"

You have no understanding of what you're talking about at all, and have no grasp of the japanese fanbase either. Just from preorders alone, F/SNUBW is making huge profits.
>>
File: you're strong, bahsahkah.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
you're strong, bahsahkah.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
>>118643981
>It isn't action all the time
There's nothing inherently wrong with this but Ufotable can't into the internal narration that many of these scenes are built around and the adaptation suffers for it

>so the pacing is bad
A consistent issue throughout F/SN. Heaven's Feel gets shit on the most for it but it's a problem in all three routes (though arguably the least so in UBW). The complaints will go away when serious events start happening regularly in the second cour.
>>
>>118644575
>Urobuchi loves FSN,

He likes the concept. Like everyone else. FSN is wasted potential of a great premise wasted on Shirou's boring superhero problem.
>>
>>118644637
It's just a glorified fandisk, it's nothing special.
Actually the one thing special about it is that most of FHA wasn't written by Nasu
>>
>>118644567
>people aren't watching this shit because of Shirou
>They are watching it because of the them of Heroic Spirits beating the shit of each others in modern time

no, you're alone on that

>That's why they give SHirou the boot

yeah sure that must be why he has such big roles in Extra and Prisma. that must be why Kiritsugu solely to be a character motivation for Shirou
>>
>>118644614
>Only one
>Saber, Sakura, Archer, Kotomine, Ilya, and even fucking Shinji didn't receive development
>>
>>118644653
>There's a thirty minute fucking scene that screams "THIS IS EMIYA SHIROU"

Archer in Extra isn't Shirou, boring ginger boy. Even in his flashbacks, he's still a brown silver haired bishie mercenary anti hero.
>>
>>118644611
>Really who gives a fuck about Shirou?
Shirou is the protagonist and the entirety of the story is about him. The anime has no deceived you either, since the beginning it has always centered around him. Seems like we are working with a case of you wanting the anime to go into a different direction, the one you liked being the only one that would make the story "good".
I am not telling you that you have to like it, just that your argument is nothing bigger than "I don't like it, because of that it's bad", which is not really convincing.
>>
>>118644707
>no, you're alone on that

No, I'm sure you and the ten more ginger lovers give a shit about Shirou. Nobody really cares about him.

Even Waver is featuring more everywhere lately.
>>
>>118644637
I was talking about characters like Bazett, Avenger and Caren
>>
>>118644712

It's official, you are retarded. Nasu even said he was the same identity as F/SN Archer, and it gets confirmed again in Fate/Extra CCC when he comes face to face with F/SN Archer.
>>
File: img000021.png (592KB, 1600x1145px) Image search: [Google]
img000021.png
592KB, 1600x1145px
>People don't give a shit about Shirou
>This spread is the second most hyped thing to come out of Prisma outside the loli kiss
>>
why does this exist i don't even know
go read the vn
it's adapted like absolute garbage dogshit
wich once again after KnK proves that ufotable don't understand what they're doing in the slightest
changing too much, opening plot holes, ruining the characters
uggh
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>118644715
>Shirou is the protagonist and the entirety of the story is about him.

Nobody cares about that side of the story.
>>
>>118644611
Prisma Illya has had the last 3-5 chapters dedicated to Shirou kicking ass.
>>
>>118644760

>if I say it I must be true, for I am the LORD thy god
>>
File: men.jpg (21KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
men.jpg
21KB, 300x268px
Fucking amazing.
People seem to be forgetting every F/SN route has slow pacing until around the time Shirou learns projection. Things are going crazy now.

And to be honest, I LIKE the pacing.
>>
>>118644659
>He likes the concept.
Go and read the interviews and his opinions about the story. There's nothing that implies a "Oh, the concept is great but the execution is so shit, I'm so better than this and I will do it".
>FSN is wasted potential of a great premise wasted on Shirou's boring superhero problem.
Again, define boring.
What makes it boring? Shirou is greatly characterized and the nature of ideals and what humans desire for themselves is also a great focus. What is happiness, what causes unhappiness and how free we are to reach that are all themes deeply expanded upon through the entirety of the novel. The execution is not the best, but just summing all of it into "m-muh boring problems" is an insult.
>>
>>118636227
Rin's thighs and legs are everywhere. I never noticed how canonically short her short skirt was before watching ep 11.
>>
>>118644745

You don't get it. It doesn't matter if his identity is Shirou, in the game, he's removed aesthetically of the ginger because Nasu always shows him brown-skinned silver haired mercenary Kiritsugu style.

He doesn't know him like an awkward ginger manlet who attracts women via high jump.

>>118644751

Only in /a/, Shirou even ranked beneath Luvia in the Prisma popularity poll and she was pretty low.
>>
>>118642840
People are asspained because they thought UBW would be tons of fighting every single episode from start to finish.

These fags never even bothered to read the VN.
>>
File: 1405823380831.png (61KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1405823380831.png
61KB, 480x272px
>>118644807
>Nasu always shows him brown-skinned silver haired mercenary Kiritsugu style
>>
>>118644781
>Shirou is greatly characterized

Shirou is inconsistent as shit in the original VN, because he was supposedly empty as Kotomine but he enjoyed sex and other things. His entire characterization is tack on drama which keeps contradicting itself.

If he was truly like Kotomine, he wouldn't have felt shit when he had sex.
>>
File: 1412213839019.jpg (68KB, 375x592px) Image search: [Google]
1412213839019.jpg
68KB, 375x592px
>>118644807
>he doesn't know the difference between Prismaverse Shirou and Miyuverse Shirou

consider when the polls were made
>>
>>118644807
>he's removed aesthetically of the ginger

Who gives a fuck about aesthetics? He is still giving spiels about being an ally of justice, he is still being a sword, and he even gets to achieve his ultimate dream in his Extra CCC end which was a perfect conclusion to the story of "Fate/" just like Nasu said it was intended to be.

Fate/ is only just now going to move on from Shirou with the advent of Grand Order.
>>
>>118644781
Different anon here, and while I don't think Shirou is a boring character, I think he is a boring person because he rarely has a strong emotional reaction to anything, and when he does it's serviceably dramatic but nothing so entertaining that I wouldn't wish for someone with more over the top passion or enthusiasm to fill the role.
>>
>>118644760
You don't. You wanted cool fights and explosions.
We got some really cool scenes in UBW too, but seems like you prefer a different approach to storytelling and the focus on a single character isn't your cup of tea.
We could argue though that most of the focus in Zero itself was on Kiritsugu and Kotomine, with other characters being complementary to that topic.
>>
File: burn.jpg (239KB, 800x1159px) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
239KB, 800x1159px
>>118644751
>Kicking ass
>Fails to use Unlimited Blade Works
>Distracts Angelica so Kuro can hit her with a sneak attack
>Charges at Julian, get slashed open by Wormsalot
He's been in the story for three chapters and is already a top jobber
>>
>>118644828

>Silver haired
>bishounen
>mercenary

Only needs the tan, but he wins it when he goes to Iraq.

Do you see the unappealing ginger high schooler there?
>>
>>118644710
>Saber, Sakura, Archer, Kotomine, Ilya, and even fucking Shinji didn't receive development
Saber as a character in FSN is pretty fucking weird, it feels like the less importance she has in a route the more personality she has.
In Fate which is her route, her development felt jarring as fuck

Sakura is just a glorified damsel in distress, there is a lot they could have done with her, too bad

Archer is one of the most disappointing part of FSN, the concept is really cool but since barely anything is known about his own train of through since no pov change you just have him throwing a tantrum in UBW, again the concept is cool but the execution is lacking

Kotomine only become a character in HF and the few scenes he has are cool but he doesn't develop in any ways

And Ilya is a random character who randomly act like a psycho because why the fuck not or hide vital informations even when she is supposed to be an ally but who care since she is so cute
>>
>>118644849

Kotomine feels pleasure from eating mapo tofu too. You don't understand their hollow nature if you think they lack enjoyable activities. Their hollowness comes from a lack of fulfillment even from the things they do fundamentally derive positive sensations from.
>>
>>118644849
I think you take things too literally.
Being unable to have fun and living only to see others happy doesn't mean you're an emotionless void of a human being who can't even get an erection.

I don't want to use this word since I think it's used incorrectly, but I seriously think you're exhibiting some form of autism.
>>
>>118644877
>he thinks he gets the tan naturally

with each post he shows how much of a secondary he is
>>
>>118644858
>Fate/ is only just now going to move on from Shirou with the advent of Grand Order.

Apocrypha.
Strange Fake.
Prototype.
Zero.
>>
File: 1406236217764.png (265KB, 792x595px) Image search: [Google]
1406236217764.png
265KB, 792x595px
>>118644877
>Light skinned (Not burned from projection yet)
>Clearly still has Shirou's hair in the model of pic related
>Shinji looking dude in the fucking background
>>
Rin's ass is all I think about
>>
>>118644849
>is entire characterization is tack on drama which keeps contradicting itself.
Shirou is not empty as Kotomine, at all. Even the HF fight directly denies this and you just selectively remember. They are similar in the fact that they both fought all their lives to achieve a single, specific thing and because of that they only know to live according to that.
About Shirou being inconsistent: that's the entire point, people misunderstand themselves because they lie to to themselves, or miss the real reason underneath their problems.
Why shirou is fighting is the most discussed thing in the novel. It's not like he can't feel joy: he decided he isn't allowed to that. And even that is only a thin layer of the much more complicated ideal problem.
>>
>>118644892

Except for the fact Zero Kotomine said he never felt pleasure.
>>
>>118644905
>none written by Nasu

What fancy fanfictions.
>>
>>118644938
He feels pleasure from people suffering.
>>
>>118644810
more like pained by it being all about Shitrou, you have these interesting masters and servants but you have no idea what they're doing.
>>
>>118644897
>Being unable to have fun and living only to see others happy
It's true that this was really badly portrayed in the narration.
Shirou acts like a 10 years old getting his first erection most of the time during the slice of life in FSN, at times it feels like he could just jump on a heroine and rape her if he didn't control himself.

Doesn't really fit what Nasu was going for with him
>>
>>118644938

Zero Kotomine never ate mapo tofu. He discovered it between Zero and Stay Night.
But Nasu did say it is something he legitimately enjoys.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>118644938
And then in F/SN you find out he gets pleasure and enjoyment from seeing other people suffer.
And we explicitly see him just WOLFING down the spiciest mapo tofu known to man.

If you're going to make an argument, make an effort not to look ignorant.
>>
>>118644965
>Rin
Know what she's doing
>Shinji
He's being covered
>Kuzuki, Caster
In the middle of their arc right now
>Kirei
His ultimately goal is the finale of the route
>Ilya
Been covered and will likely be completely dealt with near the start of the second cour
>>
>>118644986
>It's true that this was really badly portrayed in the narration.
It's stated very, very clearly twice so far.
Once with Mitsuzuri at school and again with Rin on the porch. In the second, he explains himself.

It's not badly portrayed, you just can't pay attention.
>>
>>118645028
I'm not talking about the anime but the game
>>
>>118645062
Then you're simply wrong.
>>
File: 34793983_p0.jpg (516KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
34793983_p0.jpg
516KB, 1000x707px
>>118645062
Since this is an adaptation and these scenes are not anime original, then it still holds true.
That scene on the porch leads to the date, it's because Rin worries for Shirou who's only happiness is seeing other people happy and helping them. Fun is living for yourself, getting "selfish enjoyment" and so on, so that's what she's trying to evoke.
>>
>>118645023
UBW does the most justice to servants out of all the routes. How many fucking servants die off screen in Fate? I think at least three. And I like Heaven's Feel, but the servants get screwed.
>>
>>118642176
I prefere the ufotable OST
>>
>>118645084
The narration is inconsistent as fuck, if you can't see it you are fucking blind
>>
File: sn_cafetum.jpg (64KB, 500x575px) Image search: [Google]
sn_cafetum.jpg
64KB, 500x575px
Were these ever posted?
>>
>>118645134
Never seen it. Cute.
>>
>>118645116
But you're wrong.
>>
>>118645105
>How many fucking servants die off screen in Fate?

Assassin vanishes.
Archer fades-to-black against Berserker.
Lancer fades-to-black against Gilgamesh.
And Caster is killed about as quickly as she shows up, for what it's worth.
>>
File: sn_cafetum2.jpg (58KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
sn_cafetum2.jpg
58KB, 500x534px
>>118645134
>>
File: 1419072194014.jpg (321KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1419072194014.jpg
321KB, 1280x720px
>>118636238
>>118636423
>>118636470
>>118636808
>Samefag

>>118636884
>>118636934
>Samefag

>>118642176
Really agree. I only remember the pseudo-EMIYA track. This music is fucking boring and charmless.
>>
>>118645162
>And Caster is killed about as quickly as she shows up, for what it's worth.
She dared look and ask her King to look at her.
Foolish mongrels should lay on the ground as they deserve.
Someone please post Kouzuki's shoulders of steel and the giant sword from the movie.
>>
I haven't been paying much attention but I've yet to see saber on a banana this whole season.
>>
>>118644986
>at times it feels like he could just jump on a heroine and rape her if he didn't control himself.
Keep in mind you're seeing things through the eyes of a teenager going through puberty, surrounded by hot anime chicks.
And it's an eroge.
Also, humans are allowed to have complex emotions. Shirou is broken and strives to make other people happy, but that doesn't mean he's going to stop enjoying food or seeing boobies. Unless you're complaining that the characters aren't stereotypes and don't survive on tropes, you should probably stop posting.
>>
>In UBW Rin says she never did things that weren't fun for her and lived a great life
>In HF, Rin bitched to her sister who was raped and tortured for 11 years and is currently insane due to the Grail Stress and being possessed by Angra Manyu how difficult and terrible her life was.

Which one is it?
>>
>>118645177
I'll say it again, man. The music really rewards you if you listen. There's lots, and I fucking lots of stuff going in it. I find it way more interesting than Zero's soundtrack.
>>
Bad pacing, just like VN.
>>
>>118645161
Again you are blind.
Shirou during the slice of life/slower parts that take more than half of the time act like an excited teenager who tries his best to hold the beast.

Actually Tsukihime was pretty similar narration-wise, it's almost like Nasu think a man can't stay near a woman without wanting to rape her
>>
>>118645177
I really don't like that Mahoyo composer. Listened to the soundtrack like 3 times yesterday, and nothing stood out except maybe 2 tracks that weren't even by him.
Feels generic.
>>
>>118645208
>Also, humans are allowed to have complex emotions.
Remember that the average anime viewer prefers the worst kind of narration, when characters have two dimensions to themselves when you are lucky and all the character development is done in unending, unrealistic dialogues where you are basically told everything you need about them. SAO, anyone?
>>
File: sn_cafetum3.jpg (76KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
sn_cafetum3.jpg
76KB, 500x659px
>>118645170
>>
>>118645234
Generic doesn't really mean anything unless you explain why you think it is.
>>
>>118643856
The h-scene had a perfect build up until the sex actualy started
>>
>>118636227
>cheesy dialogue
>video game pacing
>underdeveloped servants
>lack of dolphins so far
>>
UBW cour 1 isn't over yet, what the fuck are you guys talking about.

And Heaven's Feel is widely superior anyway.
>>
File: sn_cafetum4.jpg (57KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
sn_cafetum4.jpg
57KB, 500x534px
>>118645246
>>
>>118645225
Again you are wrong.
>>
>>118645246
>mai husbando
would buy ten of these
>>
>>118645246
I would totally buy a smugface Kirei mug just to have it mocking anyone who reached into the cabinet
>>
>>118645269
I want the archer vs. shirou one so bad.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.