[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a Tatami Galaxy thread. What did you guys think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 14

File: Tatami Galaxy 10.png (588KB, 1084x609px) Image search: [Google]
Tatami Galaxy 10.png
588KB, 1084x609px
Let's have a Tatami Galaxy thread.

What did you guys think of it and it's overall message after finishing it? Did it live up to the hype that /a/ puts behind it for you?

Are you enjoying the rose colored life of the 4.5 Tatami Ideologue?
>>
>>
/a/ over hyped it for me and I couldnt get through the first few episodes. I'll give it another go tonight.
>>
The message was tripe that's been done to death.
>>
>>118317486
I really liked the show, personally. I wasn't aware that /a/ hyped the show up, but I suppose that's a good thing. http://s.4cdn.org/image/title/40.gif
>>
>>118317909
The "go out and live life with other people so that you can be happy" message?
>>
It was good, nowhere near what /a/ said it was, but it was good.
>>
>>118318551
Not just that, but "smell the roses, you have had it good all along!" The style of the show was great, so i honestly don't care about the message.
>>
>>118317486

Man, I wish my upstairs neighbour would put two layers of tatami on his floors, with some foam padding between them. They guy sounds like a jackhammer-legged rhino whenever he moves.
>>
>>118317486
Its my favorite anime by far. It had substance but didnt try to overwhelm you with stuff. It had a simple easy to follow story but didnt feel braindead. I loved it. Not sure why /a/ labeled it as pretentious though, I went in expecting a bunch of pretentious bullshit and came out enjoying an easy to understand well told story.
>>
>take simple theme and then obscure it with artsy fartsy presentation
pretentious shit
>>
>>118318947
Those are just the shitposters that come with any show that does something differently. Those first few, fast sentences before the OP starts pretty much set it up for shitposting.
>>
>>118319032
What is art
>>
File: 84735974935.jpg (273KB, 857x634px) Image search: [Google]
84735974935.jpg
273KB, 857x634px
>>118319032
But anon, it was fun.

>>118318947
I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally have encountered some fans of this show who are highly cancerous and can't tolerate hearing it criticized, or just hearing someone say "I liked it but it wasn't even close to being the best anime I've seen."

I don't remember the show being exceptionally pretentious but holy crap, some of the people who like it definitely are.
>>
it was a beautiful show, at the end of every episode i felt an intense emptiness and exhaustion
>>
>>118319246
>>118319246
I wont say its the best anime I have ever seen, but it is definitely my favorite. I do feel like a lot of the people that dont like it probably just never gave it the chance it deserved though. Cause I know I struggled through the somewhat awkward mid point of the show, But the last two episodes were so well done. Still I cant really say its the best ever if the moment you are waiting for is pretty much just the last hour of a 4 1/2 hour show
>>
File: Tatami Galaxy 09.png (882KB, 1086x611px) Image search: [Google]
Tatami Galaxy 09.png
882KB, 1086x611px
The whole message of self betterment in the show seems to be centered around friends and aquatiences, with a small part also circling around enjoying just everyday aspects.

What happens if you have no friends or college life to make ones? What if you have no funds to enjoy the every day little things, or live in an area where there are few things to enjoy?

While the overall story is great, I cant help but think that the overall message cant really apply to everyone, even shut ins.
>>
>>118319486
I can tell you right now, that if you go in assuming that the people who didn't like it only failed to like it because of some personal problem or failing, you are going to attract shitposting and you are going to deserve it.

That aside, I didn't really find myself "struggling through" any part of the show. The entertainment value seemed more or less the same throughout - well, maybe the ending was a bit better, just because it was the ending to a show that resolves the plot at the end. So I don't know that I can really relate to the way you feel about it, or to the way you feel about people not giving it a chance. I did marathon it though.

On another note, why do you think it's wrong to say it's the best ever for the reason you mentioned? What makes you think you have the capacity to judge which anime is the best outside of your personal tastes, or that such a thing even exists to begin with?
>>
>>118319634
Watch fucking NHK instead then, faggot.

But in all seriousness, I kind of agree with you. When I watched it, I was actually a little ticked off at the end, because as much as the message in a broad sense is a good one, there did seem to be a bit of a specific message of "get a girlfriend, you faggot."

And though I think I have lived a reasonably satisfying life, that has always been low on my priority list.
>>
>>118319032
Yeah I totally agree. Every show that doesn't have the MC hold up a large sign with the theme printed on it in ten words or less is pretentious shit. Anything beyond that is unneccesary artsy fartsy pretention.

Actually, any show with a theme is pretentious. I can't stand the fuckers who like to ruin entertainment by trying to make the viewer think.
>>
>>118317840
I watched it pretty recently so I can say you honestly just have to try your best to power through the whole thing otherwise it will just remain in your mind as repetitive artsy bullshit. Who knows you may still hate it in the end, never get hyped.

A lot of my enjoyment came in after the show was over and I had time to think about how everything fit together and some of my initial misconceptions.
>>
>>118319723
Are you just replying to your own post trying to start an argument?

The Tatami Galaxy doesn't even obscure its' own themes.

Unless it did and I just don't remember what they were because I watched it a while ago.
>>
>>118317486
it's an 8/10, not bad at all, but not great either.
>>
>>118319657
I don't really think that such a thing exists, which is why I can't say that it was the best anime that I have seen. I can think of shows with better production values that I did not enjoy as much. I can think of shows that had more complex plots that I did not enjoy as much. But it comes down to opinion, which is why all this shit gets argued so much. If it were just numbers or something then concrete then there would be no room for argument.

And I don't think that its a personal problem or failing that people didn't give it the chance it deserves. There are plenty of reasons not to like Tatami Galaxy, but I feel like if people were less closed minded towards anything that looked artsy they might have given it a second look. That being said I can hardly say that it was unpopular here or that it was generally disliked so I guess its just baseless bitching on my part.
>>
>>118319702
>there did seem to be a bit of a specific message of "get a girlfriend, you faggot."
Maybe, but only as an expression of the core theme. It could just have easily been "get a job, you faggot" or something entirely different. The important part is not worrying about fulfillment so much you fuck it up for yourself.

>>118319874
Your sarcasm detector is broken.
>>
>>118319723
>I can't stand the fuckers who like to ruin entertainment by trying to make the viewer think.

Whats wrong with watching something that makes you think? Why does everything have to be so black and white? Theres nothing wrong with either spectrum, but its faggots like you who try to split both sides up, while calling the other that doesnt suit your taste shit, that are the problem.
>>
File: 1417567859437.png (22KB, 315x400px) Image search: [Google]
1417567859437.png
22KB, 315x400px
>>118319978
>Your sarcasm detector is broken.
>>
File: 1401942142869.png (118KB, 511x530px) Image search: [Google]
1401942142869.png
118KB, 511x530px
>>118319960
>>118319702
I dunno, in the end it pretty much all but states that its a waste of time to go into how he successfully got the girl and that that wasnt the point of the show.
>>
>>118319882
>8/10
>not great
>>
>there are people that unironically like hipster endless eight
>>
>>118319896
Fair enough.

I do wonder how closed minded people actually are towards things that look artsy and how much of it is just shitposting.

>>118319960
>Your sarcasm detector is broken.
No, I knew you were sarcastic. I assumed you were trying to create the impression that somebody replied to the post you replied to above, and thereby generate more shitposting.

>Maybe, but only as an expression of the core theme. It could just have easily been "get a job, you faggot" or something entirely different. The important part is not worrying about fulfillment so much you fuck it up for yourself.
I thought the main point was more of "sometimes the solution you're looking for is closer than you think." And the romance part of the story was a major angle. If I remember correctly, it ended up that the MC's weirdo friend did all the crazy shit he did because he was trying to impress his girlfriend or something, and it came across a little to me as though the story was saying his behavior was acceptable because it was in order to get a girlfriend.

>>118320117
That's actually a pretty convincing point.
>>
File: 1399870834556.jpg (28KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
1399870834556.jpg
28KB, 280x180px
>>118320070
The line between funposting, sarcasm, and shit taste has become increasingly skewed as of late. Give me a break.
>>
>>118320124
8/10 is very good, not great.
>>
>>118320247
What's the difference?

Why can't 8 be great, 9 be very great, and 10 be super great?
>>
>>118320156
>If I remember correctly, it ended up that the MC's weirdo friend did all the crazy shit he did because he was trying to impress his girlfriend or something
I don't think that's correct. Ozu did all the shit he did to the MC to try to get the MC to stop being so caught up in trying to have the "perfect" college experience and just have a fun one. At the end, the MC says that Ozu was actually his greatest friend through all the timelines when he realizes what Ozu was doing. That's why Ozu's visuals range from being a complete youkai when the MC, acting as an unreliable narrator, thinks that Ozu is out to ruin everything. When the MC gets the point, Ozu looks a lot more normal.
>>
File: ozu.png (183KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
ozu.png
183KB, 480x854px
>>118317486
It was a fun show though I didn't find it as great as a lot of the people in 3x3 threads. Still good though.
>>
>>118320247
I bet your one of those faggots that rate everything 10
>>
>>118320328
What do you mean. Arnt 3x3 threads just people sharing their top 9 anime or something?

Also Ozu is still an asshole. I dont understand how i was supposed to believe otherwise just because he apparently has a gf.
>>
>>118320330
I know you fags hate MAL but just to shut you the fuck up.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/kikohunter
>>
>>118320330
I bet you are one of those faggots that rates everything a 6 or lower, except for Legend of the Galactic Heroes, which you give a 7.

>>118320382
I didn't believe otherwise. I just got the sense that's what the show wanted to say.

It's been a while since I watched it, and so I might just be remembering wrongly.
>>
File: jinrui scum.gif (232KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jinrui scum.gif
232KB, 500x281px
>>118320422
>a whole 115 animess

It makes sense now thanks
>>
>>118320470
>average score is 6
Try harder faglord
>>
>>118320382
If you ever been in a 3x3 thread you would see that tatami galaxy is in a lot of peoples 3x3's
>>
>>118320422
>http://myanimelist.net/profile/kikohunter
Unlimited Shit Taste Works
>>
>>118320382
Because a lot of his asshole moves were just trying to get MC to realize that he should not get so caught up in himself. He was just trying to get MC to have fun. I dunno its easy for me to see it because I had a friend like that when I was younger. I hated him cause he got me in trouble all the time but when I got older I saw that I never would have had any fun without him to get me in trouble.
>>
>>118320451
>LoGH
>anything but a 10/10
>>
>>118320498
Maybe, but it still felt a bit hamfisted in the end after MC dogging on him through the entire series, only to realise that, oh hey, this is my only bestest friend after finding out he had a girlfriend.
>>
File: 1403389868176.jpg (34KB, 604x560px) Image search: [Google]
1403389868176.jpg
34KB, 604x560px
>>118320505
>Legend of the History Textbook
>Anything above a 5/10
I'm kidding, I haven't seen more than 1/3 of the show, but it's pretty good so far. If it ended at the point I'm at I wouldn't give it a 10/10 though
>>
File: 1416880611260.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1416880611260.gif
999KB, 250x251px
Am I the only one that thought they were being serious about the master being a god up until the very end?
>>
>>118320674
Once you get to SEIG KAISAR territory things start ramping up.
>>
>>118320581
Yeah I could see that. I think it was more realizing that Ozu had intentions other then causing him stress that opened his eyes to other intentions that Ozu had. I may be biased though since I went through a similar experience.
>>
>>118317840
If you have watched Butterfly Effect before, you will understand the concept immediately after the second episode start.
>>
File: 10201996.jpg (158KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
10201996.jpg
158KB, 600x900px
>>118320382
Him having a girlfriend isn't what made him a good guy, it was all the things he did to try and help his sad-sack best friend out and attempt to bring him out of his shell.
>>
>>118317486
I was entirely underwhelmed. It did not deserve the hype it's given.
>>
>>118321105
Oh man I bet the fujos loved this show.
>>
>>118320705
When I first watched it, I thought he was actually a god. When I watched it again, it was pretty apparent that he was just some weird old guy.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.