[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The genius responsible for End of Evangelion is also the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14

File: end of evangelion.jpg (110KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
end of evangelion.jpg
110KB, 1280x1024px
>The genius responsible for End of Evangelion is also the idiot responsible for Rebuild of Evangelion

What happened?
>>
File: 1415679622689.png (104KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
1415679622689.png
104KB, 380x250px
>>117739707
>Doubting the master's plans
>>
File: 1417364303169.png (169KB, 1839x719px) Image search: [Google]
1417364303169.png
169KB, 1839x719px
>>117739707
>>
File: 1410631088395.png (1018KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1410631088395.png
1018KB, 1280x720px
>>117739707
You watched one after the asshurt had settled and you're experiencing fresh new asshurt with the other.
>>
>>117739801
I want to believe
>>
He managed to overcome his depression and became semi-normalfag as a result.

Also, he's still retained some of his genius; there's evidence that Rebuild's going all according to plan and that he conceived an entire basic outline for the movies years before their development.
>>
he's the George Lucas of anime after all
>>
>>117739801
If this was true then 3.0 failed at what it was trying to do.
>>
>>117739801
That's a huge stretch.
>>
>>117739707
He let his own fandom get the better of him.

The man that helped direct and create the original TV-series does not exist any more.

The Anno you all love and know would sit and ponder along with others how he'd make these characters stand out and be as great as possible, and how to craft a setting that could help deliver a powerful message in the end.

The Anno that made the Rebuilds is different.
All he cares about is which characters are popular. All he cares about is how the characters are represented.

The story, the message, the sincerity of it all has all taken a backseat.

Anno's heart rotted after having made Evangelion.
>>
File: 1417484713342.png (84KB, 420x487px) Image search: [Google]
1417484713342.png
84KB, 420x487px
>>117739768
>having faith at all in anno
>>
>>117739887
>not rebuidthread.jpg
>>
>>117740644
;_;
>>
File: 1395009265448.png (106KB, 418x605px) Image search: [Google]
1395009265448.png
106KB, 418x605px
>>117742169
Anno grumbling isn't limited just to Rebuild threads anymore. He's become so much more.
>>
I still think it was fucking stupid of him to introduce Mari for no fucking reason in Rebuild of Evangelion.

Then, FOR NO FUCKING REASON AT ALL, he decided to do a major time fucking skip, have the plot flashforward a decade or more, and introduce a ton of new characters with stories, backgrounds and leaving tons of characters behind....because.

Not because of a new series, or establish a new status quo...but...because.

Fuck this guy.
I've been following EVA for decades now. Got my first EoE on a bootleg goddamn vhs.Bought vhs's for EVA on suncoast video.

I didnt think I'd never want more.
FUCK, man. It's like someone goes "Hey, you like X, right?" You want more?'

And you're like , FUCK YEAR, X!

Then it's like 'enjoy your crap!".

I felt the sameway when I watched Martian Succesor Nadesico, the Movie. FUCK.
>>
>>117743082
see >>117740644

You remember how fans of things are? Think of the worst of them, and realize that Anno is one of them too.
>>
>>117739707
He got over his depression.
>>
>>117743578
He didn't. Why do you think 3.0 exists?

It's there a way for him to get catharsis. By taking out his buttmad on characters.
>>
File: remember.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
remember.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>
So I finished reading the manga for Neon Genesis Evangelion somewhat recently, and only read the manga since I usually just prefer doing that anyway and noticed some of the stuff I heard about the anime wasn't in it, is there a certain point where it starts being different from the manga to start at or should I just watch the whole anime?
>>
>>117743082
I do believe the timeskip was introduced to give us a glimpse at the very real fact that often times you will be persecuted for things you did, even if you had no idea you caused them.
>>
Art from adversity happened.

It's why Star Wars was good and is now shit and why Eva was good and is now shit: the circumstances behind both's creation is fundamentally different in their revisitings.
>>
Time and not being depressed. Also complacency.
>>
>>117743857
There are changes of varying degree sprinkled throughout the whole manga. You should watch the whole anime
>>
>>117743578
I wish he was still the same wreck he was when people were mailing him dead animals and Ganix had kept slashing his budget.
>>
>>117743657
3.0 doesn't feel like it came from depression or a dark place.

It feels artificial, like he needed the plot to go south just for the sake of it.

Most of the bad things will be hand waved away.

The only thing that will last is the destruction of Rei.
>>
>>117740325

It enraged the otaku waifufags, so it was successful in what it aims. It's what Anno thinks it's like.
>>
>>117744167
>3.0 doesn't feel like it came from depression or a dark place.
okay, now justify
>The only thing that will last is the destruction of Rei.
>>
File: congratulations asuka.png (1MB, 632x4520px) Image search: [Google]
congratulations asuka.png
1MB, 632x4520px
>>
>>117739707
>Implying NGE was good
>Implying EoE was good
>>
>>117744232
>It enraged the otaku waifufags
Except it only enraged the otaku waifufags who liked Rei at most.

The otaku waifufags who who liked Asuka, Kaworu and Mari are all happy campers.

Then there's everyone else, non-waifufags and non-otaku who have to deal with this shitty movie.
>>
>>117743994
I think some of the problem is he know has more money then he knows what to do with. When he had to supplement scenes with crazy introspection and visuals it was because those where action wasn't needed and character development did.

Hell even the elevator scene told us about a lot about Asuka and Rei as characters and create tension.

When Anno doesn't have to worry about the time limit or budget he doesn't try to do as much.
>>
>>117744383
Pretty much a similar problem that Peter Jackson is having with The Hobbit.
>>
>>117744375
>waifufags who who liked Asuka, Kaworu and Mari
>waifufags who liked Mari
>liked Mari

I don't think that's possible.
>>
>>117744504
Well color yourself ignorant then, no wonder you posted something stupid like >>117744232
>>
>>117744255
A general dislike for that particular character.
>>
>>117743957
This is fundamentally wrong, because you don't know the whole story and are just assuming a lot of shit.

The original concepts and stories that Lucas created for Star Wars were just as idiotic and lame as what came out of Episodes 1, 2, and 3. The only reason the original 3 were so good was because there was a dedicated production and editing team reigning in Lucas's autism. Their grip loosened with Return of the Jedi, which is why it was the weakest of the original 3. Then, you get Episodes 1, 2, and 3 in which Lucas had full creative control with no one telling him, "No, George, that's fucking retarded". Which is why they are so fucking stupid, especially compared to the original 3. If you want more on that story, check out Red Light media.

It's nearly identical in Anno's case. You had a dedicated production team helping Anno not fuck up the original TV run of Eva and EoE. Rebuild has had varying levels of input from Anno, from barely there to full control, which is why it goes all over the fucking place.

It's not that there is no longer any talent to move things forward, there's no fucking direction because no one is reigning in the autistic, ADD-riddled creatives and making them do their job.
>>
>>117744495
Right because when he had limits that forced him to figure out what his good ideas were and to refine them. Now he has nothing holding him back, aside from what I honestly believe is his will to troll us.

Otherwise he wouldn't have done a 1:1 translation of NGE with a budget in 1.11.
>>
>>117739707
its the same shit, I don`t see a problem.
>>
>>117744773
He has to have suffered some sort of depression which lingers to this day to ruin Rei like he did.
>>
>>117744936
I have to agree with this anon.

I am a long time fan of the original series and EoE, and I really dont get why people are so ass ravaged over Rebuild.
>>
Too deep for you.
>>
>>117745058
Bullshit.
>>
>>117744780
>If you want more on that story, check out Red Light media.
Red Light Media?

Red...LETTER Media, you mean?
>>
>>117745120
honest to god serious.

explain what is so fucking terrible about rebuild, no really.
>>
>>117744780
>Rebuild has had varying levels of input from Anno, from barely there to full control, which is why it goes all over the fucking place.
I'll have to say that Anno does have full control as the director, project owner and studio owner.

>>117745058
Then you're either
-1: Retarded
-2: Lying
>>
>>117745154
The fuck ever, google's gonna get you to the same place.
>>
>/a/ stopped liking rebuild
What happened? No seriously, this is pretty recent. /a/ enjoyed 1+2 but 3 what not up to par and now everyone hates all of them.
>>
>>117745288
Don't get asshurt, I thought you might know something I didn't.
>>
>>117745272
>Then you're either
>-1: Retarded
>-2: Lying
>still hasnt actually explined why its so bad
>>
>>117745334
2.0 is the only watchable one. 1.0 is the first few episodes of the show edited to be as boring as possible. 3.0 had a lot of great ideas, but terrible execution.
>>
>>117745366
>Unbelievable plot
>Unrealistic characters
>Lack of substance in character and setting
>No sense of time or pace
>A boring retread of the previous movies
>Predictable after the first ten minutes

It was boring to the point it was infuriating.
>>
>>117745212
It's easier to tell you what isn't terrible, which is the soundtrack and a select few scenes.

I'll give you that the first two Rebuilds are passable. They set a working mood, it generates excitement, but on their own, not all that great.

But then the third one hits, and it's nothing but a turd.

The timeskip wreaks havoc on all the established characters, and makes them into shallow plot-devices with none of the characteristics of a good character.
Some characters are so outright horrible compared to both their 2.0 versions and the original that they are definitely deliberately destroyed.

The plot is a goddamned mess, it's the most forced and contrived thing ever, and suffers heavily from the "idiot plot". Everything happens without any buildups, and the plot moves from A to B on the sole premise that the characters are complete idiots to the point of contradicting their established motivations.

The only thing left considering about it is how great it is to pandering to fujoshi and otaku, which is so exaggerated that it's a seriously negative factor.
>>
>>117745439
So exactly like the original eva series?

>>117745501
>and makes them into shallow plot-devices with none of the characteristics of a good character.
Your right, they aren't characters, they are people.

People who live in a world fucked up by a selfish 15 year old kid and likely had to watch many of their friends die horribly because of that kids actions.

Being jaded is expected.

>Some characters are so outright horrible compared to both their 2.0 versions and the original that they are definitely deliberately destroyed.
In what way?

>The plot is a goddamned mess, it's the most forced and contrived thing ever, and suffers heavily from the "idiot plot". Everything happens without any buildups, and the plot moves from A to B on the sole premise that the characters are complete idiots to the point of contradicting their established motivations.
I would disagree, but the original Eva suffered from this as well.

>The only thing left considering about it is how great it is to pandering to fujoshi and otaku
It really wasn't though.

In fact, its pretty much as anti-otaku as one can get.
>>
>>117745334
It only takes one turd in the middle of a food plate to ruin the dish.

1.0 and 2.0 aren't bad. They're pretty good if you consider them as tools to generate interest and set up a good premise for continuation.

But that alone is shit unless there's an actual continuation.

Imagine if NGE was shit after episode 12 or 13. Imagine if it had a timeskip.
>>
>>117745618
>So exactly like the original eva series?
Confirmed for retard troll.
>>
>>117745682
>not having the same views as me makes everyone a troll!
thats your tactic? really?
>>
>>117745618
>Your right, they aren't characters, they are people.

No, they aren't people, they're one-dimensional cutouts. The only character in the movie to actually BE a character is Kaworu, because he gets 80% of the movie's runtime.
>>
Does anyone have that image of "Hey, look at my super cool, totally original, plz don't steal Evangelion character. She's a Super Secret Spy who falls in love with Shinji and he like her more than Asuka and Rei!
Her name is Mari"
>>
>>117745725
Only for retarded trolls. Your view is nothing but shit. It's misinformed, deliberately so, anti-intellectual tripe.
>>
>>117745357
I-I wasn't butthurt!
>>
>>117745734
>they're one-dimensional cutouts
In what way?

No really, explain why.

>The only character in the movie to actually BE a character is Kaworu, because he gets 80% of the movie's runtime.
He has no real screentime until 41 minutes in, early half way through the movie, and even then hes absent for another 20 minutes total, leaving him about 30 minutes of real screentime, only 1/3 of the movie.
>>
>>117745618
>Your right, they aren't characters, they are people.
No, they are characters. They are not people. They are fictional characters.
Their characters represent people.

A character is nothing without proper characterization, and in 3.0's case their existence is merely to be plot devices. Your "they're jaded" fanwank actually doesn't help the stupidity the movie puts the viewer through at all. Jaded or not, they are incompetent beyond any form of understanding that isn't being willfully stupid.

>In what way?
Rather than having any sort of ongoing arc or issue, they're played up as fetishistic, moe versions of their former selves.

>I would disagree, but the original Eva suffered from this as well.
No, it's plot was linearly straight forward despite a flashback or two near the end, there aren't any timeskips or off periods that aren't part of the format, i.e episodic content. If you want to claim NGE's plot was a mess, then imagine 3.0 being fifty times the mess with NO substance to back it up.
You can't disagree unless you WANT to be wrong.

>It really wasn't though.
>In fact, its pretty much as anti-otaku as one can get.
Then why do they love it?

You don't understand 3.0 or the otaku at all. You're just repeating a stock defense for the movie that when put to any sort of scrutiny falls together like a house of cards in a hurricane.
>>
>>117745872
>In what way?
Not him, but all of them have only one dimension to them, their superfical apperance (design which is mandatory for any anime character) plus the role they have in the plot.

They don't change, they don't interact beyond the necessary to move the plot along.

Their only function is to sell themselves to otaku through redesigns of old anime characters, and sell a particular archetype cliche, being it tsundere or doll obedient girl.
Kaworu himself is one-dimensional in the same way, his only motivation whatsoever being Shinji.

This is a step down from the prequel, where the characters had their own arc and individual storylines, in 3.0 the female characters don't even pass the Bechdel test.

I seriously can't believe you're this out of the loop why 3.0 is the worst thing to happen to Evangelion.
>>
>>117744307
Congrats Asuka, shinji has decided to litteraly rip you out of fantasy land just to strangle you, to erase your existence.
It's the reason why the rebuild Asuka is diffrent then the NG Asuka
>>
>>117745892
>they are incompetent beyond any form of understanding that isn't being willfully stupid.
How so?

They have managed to
-Seemingly unify the worlds remaining government against Selee/NERV
-Steal Selee/NERV's Wunder ship
-Operate a successful space mission to retrieve a rather large object in orbit.
-Were able to destroy all of the Nemesis series NERV sent against them

Nothing they do shows any signs of incompetence. In fact they are doing pretty fucking well against ancient beings who created civilization itself.

>Rather than having any sort of ongoing arc or issue, they're played up as fetishistic, moe versions of their former selves.
What?

-Rei has a far more interest set up in Eva 3 then she did in the tv show with the weird merger of Rei Q and Quantum Rei which causes a shift in Rei Q's previously monotone personality. they seem to actually be DOING something with the quantum Rei's this time around.

-We actually get to see Asuka's traumatic experience in the movies, she being fucked up by an angel, rather then leaving it to blurry, non detailed flashabcks as in the TV show, and we are shown an friction between her and Misato's "do anything it takes to complete the mission even if it costs lives" style.

-Mari is just still Mari.

>You can't disagree unless you WANT to be wrong.
The timeskip doesn't effect the linearity of rebuilds plot, now a timeskip backwards to 15 years prior would, but 15 years in the future is still a linear progression of time.

Not to mention the original eva TV show was flooded by flashbacks all the time.

>Then why do they love it?
they dont?

Eva 3 was nearly universally panned by fucking everyone who claimed to like the series besdies the fags over at Evageeks
>>
>>117746279
>How so?
Watch the movie. What you posted below was fanwank that's OFF-SCREEN in the movie. In other words, your own zany headcanon that is worth zip, zero.

>-Seemingly unify the worlds remaining government against Selee/NERV
The movie says nothing about this. At any rate, offscreen.

>-Steal Selee/NERV's Wunder ship
The movie says nothing about this. At any rate, offscreen.

The space mission and the Nemesis fighting, where EVA01 helps them basically, were all poor in execution, and doesn't scream competency but blind luck and plot hacks. Their incompetence is highlighted by the untrained personnell.

So where do they show signs of incompetence? In the time they're actually on-screen, handling Shinji, i.e the only thing in this movie actually focuses on. Both in the Wunder, and later.

>-Rei has a far more interest set up in Eva 3 then she did in the tv show with the weird merger of Rei Q and Quantum Rei which causes a shift in Rei Q's previously monotone personality. they seem to actually be DOING something with the quantum Rei's this time around.
This is absolutely retarded. ReiQ breaks Rei at a fundamenal level, and they are doing LESS than what the original TV-series did with more time.
You're insane.

>-We actually get to see Asuka's traumatic experience in the movies
No, we don't.
>-Mari is just still Mari.
Another problem.

All these characters above are shallow and undeveloped.

>The timeskip doesn't effect the linearity of rebuilds plot
Yes, by leaving a gaping hole in the timeline where almost everything is unaccounted for. This is how it affects it.

>Not to mention the original eva TV show was flooded by flashbacks all the time.
Not a problem.

>they dont?
They do? You know nothing. The fujoshi (female otaku) are all over it because of massive Kaworu x Shinji shipping. Asuka/Mari otaku love it because Asuka and Mari are cute.

EVA3 was liked enough to be very profitable, and that's the otaku help.
>>
File: how2killacharacter.png (1MB, 1600x1741px) Image search: [Google]
how2killacharacter.png
1MB, 1600x1741px
>>117746279
>-Rei has a far more interest set up in Eva 3 then she did in the tv show with the weird merger of Rei Q and Quantum Rei which causes a shift in Rei Q's previously monotone personality. they seem to actually be DOING something with the quantum Rei's this time around.

Except Rei is by far the most ruined character in all of Evangelion/Rebuild by 3.0. See this and tell me what you see.
You're probably baiting, since Rei Q is the worst thing to happen the character in any spinoff ever.

There's nothing intersting in what you describe, in the TV-show you have clear development going on with Rei 3 right up until the end, and Rei 3 is still intelligent, conscious and able to actually have any sort of opinion that matters.

I have another image for you.
>>
File: 1417298541522.png (2MB, 4002x5676px) Image search: [Google]
1417298541522.png
2MB, 4002x5676px
>>117746726
>>117746279
Plus this final one here.

They did something with the "Quantum Rei's" in the original and EoE. What you see in Rebuild is just character destruction. Instead of making one solid character, they're denying the character any sort of worthwhile development.

Whatever Rei Q says or does has no meaning, she's just a clone doll who has nothing at all to contribute as a character, except for unenthusiastically moving the plot along by merely existing.
The side effect is that Rei 2 is denied any character development or meaningful utterances of her own, as well as not being able to have the Rei-3 development NGE had.
>>
>>117746628
>calling anything that isnt directly spoon-fed to you headcanon and or fanwank
Is saying that characters take a shit fanwank also because it isn't shown on screen?

>The movie says nothing about this
It does actually when they mention how Eva unit 9 is Wunders true master

>So where do they show signs of incompetence? In the time they're actually on-screen, handling Shinj
How so?

They manage to extract him, make sure he is in good phsycial health, make sure he isn't just some weird eva created duplicate and actually the real shinji, and take precautions to make sure that even if NERV gets him that he cant be used to cause another impact.

>ReiQ breaks Rei at a fundamenal level
Not really, given that Reiu died and was replaced by a blank slate clone who eventually came to like Shinji in the original series.

>No, we don't.
We do in Eva 2.0

>Yes, by leaving a gaping hole in the timeline where almost everything is unaccounted for.
Except we are told what happens in the intern, near 3rd impact fucks everything up, Misato and most of Nerv leave Nerv and found Wille to try to stop them, NERV launches shinji and Eva 1 into space, NERV sends Nemesis series to try to take out wille, wille eventually gets the resources to retrieve shinji, starting the events of the movie.

>The fujoshi (female otaku) are all over it because of massive Kaworu x Shinji shipping. Asuka/Mari otaku love it because Asuka and Mari are cute.
you mean like how they are in literally ANY fucking siutation where two young boys hang out and do shit together?

by your logic otaku love fucking EVERY anime ever made.
>>
>>117746279
>-Mari is just still Mari.
Her backstory is plot related, it'll be there in Final. We also got part of it in the manga although that was mostly just extra flavor for fans.
>>
>>117746886
That pciture is literal bullshit.

Even EoE made each of the Rei's
child Rei, Rei 1, and rei 2, their own individual characters during instrumentality.

Also the TV show makes Rei lose pretty much all her memories whenever her soul gets switched, meaning everything that made the previous Rei Rei gets scrubbed..... which they explicitly show in the anime... and is exactly what happens in Rebuild.
>>
>>117747156
It's the actual canon supported by the original TV-series, EoE as well as the glossaries that come with those.

They are not their own characters, there is ONE character appearance listed in NGE and EoE, and that is "Rei Ayanami". Period.
>>
>>117747220
Na mate, Rei was a clone of Yui in the original series as well, she just had the soul of lilith inside her.

And that pics ideas of each Rei clone being different in Rebuild is unsupported. There has been nothing to suggest that Rei q doesn't have the same soul Rei 2 had, aka Lilith, it would be kinda hard for her not to given thats how rei works to begin with
>>
>>117747043
>Is saying that characters take a shit fanwank also because it isn't shown on screen?
I'm calling it NOT a part of the story, and if you want to write out your fetish scenario where Ritsuko takes a fat ogre shit, then yes you're fanwanking.

>It does actually when they mention how Eva unit 9 is Wunders true master
Which doesn't imply anything about them stealing it, or who was the actual owner of the ship if any.
It's fanwank. It's also just fluff rather than anything with substance.

>How so?
Because their handling of Shinji is directly contrary to their own mission statement, and from the get-go utterly incompetent. That they take precautions is false, because they bring him DIRECTLY to the bridge. They aren't worried about any such thing.

Even when they verify him being the "correct" shinji, their next step is still to be hostile, which is the one absolute thing you cannot do. They don't explain anything and generally waste their time threatening him.

This is all bad in itself, and clearly incompetent behavior, but it gets worse. Because they KNOW that Shinji can become unstable, Ritsuko mentions it in 1.0 and again in 3.0 adding that it's the cause of impacts happening. So they know it's dangerous to emotionally upset Shinji, yet they do it anyway.

Here's how bad it is:
The collar is supposed to prevent impacts. They don't want impacts.
They know upsetting him will cause impacts, and they do almost their best to upset him which will cause an impact.

Later when they encounter him in an EVA, they still manage to provoke Shinji even when he wants no trabble. Lunacy, incompetence.

>Not really,
Yes, really, since Rei is in EVA01, and Rei Q is a different character. Both objectively and as the show explains.

>We do in Eva 2.0
Which is nothing compared to what episode 22 did still, and it cuts before you actually see anything.
>>
>>117747372
>>117747043
>>Except we are told what happens in the intern
We are only told an impact has happened. The rest you fanwanked, and doesn't include any characterization whatsoever.

>you mean like how they are in literally ANY fucking siutation where two young boys hang out and do shit together?
Now consider that 3.0 is all about that. You know why there's a timeskip, why WILLE acts retarded and loses Shinji? Why they invented an EVA to have the two together? To please the otaku fujoshi who wanted that.

We can prove they liked it because sales are up and fujoshi/otaku expressly admit loving it.
>>
>>117747354
>Na mate, Rei was a clone of Yui in the original series as well, she just had the soul of lilith inside her.
Actually, that's not true. The series never mentions her as a clone of Yui, or even a clone. That word is not used. Only "constructed person" is used.
The writers (sadamoto) explain that Rei is actually half Yui and half Adam. In other words, not a clone.
The word "clone" is never used to describe Rei in NGE, EoE, the manga or even NGE2. It's strictly a Khara spinoff thing.

Rei has Lilith's soul, yes.

>And that pics ideas of each Rei clone being different in Rebuild is unsupported.
Kaworu says Rei Q doesn't have a soul, and if Rei is inside EVA01 as Fuyutsuki says, she obviously can't be Rei Q.

Unlike Rei II, III, Rei Q actually has an official different name. See >>117746886
>>
File: asuka wiener.jpg (209KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
asuka wiener.jpg
209KB, 600x600px
>>117747156
Rewatch episode 23.

Ritsuko explains that there's only one Rei Ayanami, any "clone" in the tank is just spare parts for Rei, they're not alive, but things that look like people.

Some "old eva fan" that doesn't even know that.

The Rebuilds are specifically designed to ruin Rei's character.
>>
>>117747372
>I'm calling it NOT a part of the story
Except it is, as we clearly see it in the movie, the ships around Wunder are called "allied ships", and are refered to as "allied ships" when one of them gets destoryed by the nemesis series, showing they are not Willie's ships, but those of other powers who have allied with them.

We also know from the line of "{Eva Mk9} is Wunder's true master" that Wunder is not willie's ship, its something built for Eva 9, and thus, something built by NERV/Selee.

You dont have to have an entire 30 minute plot dump to have things like this be revealed, you just have to pay attention to what is said.

>Because their handling of Shinji is directly contrary to their own mission statement, and from the get-go utterly incompetent.
Except it isn't,m as they put a device on him to prevent NERV from using his to start a impact.

> That they take precautions is false, because they bring him DIRECTLY to the bridge. They aren't worried about any such thing.
why would they be worried when he has a bomb collar already strapped on him and he isn't piloting an Eva?

>Even when they verify him being the "correct" shinji, their next step is still to be hostile, which is the one absolute thing you cannot do. They don't explain anything and generally waste their time threatening him.
Except they DONT ever 100% confirm him to be the REAL Shinji, they ritsko just says you can call him that.

And why the fuck wouldn't they be hostile to the worst war criminal in history?

Where the fuck did they have the time to explin anything to him given that they were under attack almost immediately after he wakes up, and after fending off that attack, eva 9 attacks mere minutes later?

>So they know it's dangerous to emotionally upset Shinji, yet they do it anyway.
As pointed out they
A. Don't actually know if its the real shinji
B. state the bomb collar is there to prevent him from being able to do anything if he looses control of his emotions
(cont)
>>
>>117747608
In his defense Ritsuko is both having a nervious brake down and was basically incapable of seeing Rei as a person on her better days.
>>
It's just magical space aliens. That people use to do fucked up things.

That's it.

Why are you all in a uproar about this franchise?
>>
File: 1417469790859.jpg (200KB, 800x660px) Image search: [Google]
1417469790859.jpg
200KB, 800x660px
>>117747354
>And that pics ideas of each Rei clone being different in Rebuild is unsupported. There has been nothing to suggest that Rei q doesn't have the same soul Rei 2 had, aka Lilith, it would be kinda hard for her not to given thats how rei works to begin with

Don't you see? The original Rei had a very strong character based around that premise. It's why Rei 2 can "die" and still continue her character as Rei 3.

If they want to destroy Rei, they need to fundamentally destroy the character, and leave no room for development.

That's why Yui Ikari becomes Yui Ayanami. To tie Rei closer to Yui and thwart Rei's independence, which was by the way a big thing about the character, to become free.
Then she's named a clone of Yui, and Rei Ayanami comes from Yui Ayanami.

Then they make her a regular clone, and make Rei 3 not Rei 2, and don't give Rei 2 the chance to develop even half as much as Rei 2 in the original did.
>>
>>117747372
>They know upsetting him will cause impacts, and they do almost their best to upset him which will cause an impact.
Except they dont do thier best to upset him, they try to talk to him, he flys off into a child tantrum, then they get attacked, and he runs off before they can tell him anything, and everything they do tell him he just covers his ears and yells NUH UN! like a child.

>Later when they encounter him in an EVA, they still manage to provoke Shinji even when he wants no trabble.
Auska =/= wille.

try again

>Which is nothing compared to what episode 22 did still, and it cuts before you actually see anything.
Besides the fact we see Shinji and the dummy system ripping the eva to shreads after knowing the pilots feel everything.

>>117747430
>We are only told an impact has happened. The rest you fanwanked
So in movie dialog is fanwank?

>Now consider that 3.0 is all about that
Except it isnt, less then 1/3 of the movie has Shinji/Karou interaction
>>
>>117747785
Nearly anything can be simplified to the point of triviality for the purpose of making it seem shallow. Your post argues nothing.
>>
>>117747740
Ritsuko was being honest about everything, even though she was crying. That's the point of her actions. Coming out with the truth, then destroying it to get back at Gendo.
>>
>>117747529
>Kaworu says Rei Q doesn't have a soul
Except he doesn't unless you are watching a really bad translation, he says her soul "isn't in the right place", or "isn't sitting right", not that she has none at all.
>>
>>117747719
>Except it is
No, your fanwank is not part of the movie. Like I said, it does not add to the characterization or the depth of it either. The Wunder, the Mark.09, they're all historyless plot devices, and you don't even know what "master" means.

>You dont have to have an entire 30 minute plot dump to have things like this be revealed
My point since the start was that you DO need a 30minute plot dump for any of it to seem plausible or have any sort of depth.

>Except it isn't,m as they put a device on him to prevent NERV from using his to start a impact.
Which is in effect, threatening someone newly confused and woken up with death.

>why would they be worried when he has a bomb collar already strapped on him and he isn't piloting an Eva?
Because the bomb will go off in the FUCKING BRIDGE idiot. They aren't taking precautions.

>Except they DONT ever 100% confirm him to be the REAL Shinji, they ritsko just says you can call him that.
Fanwank. He is named Ikari Shinji in the scripts, as opposed to Rei Q who is still (tentative name). This whole thing you bring is just fanwank.
Real Shinji or not, their treatment of him assumes he's the actual Shinji.

>And why the fuck wouldn't they be hostile to the worst war criminal in history?
Because, unless you forgot, Shinji isn't a war criminal.

>Where the fuck did they have the time to explin anything to him given that they were under attack almost immediately after he wakes up
If they had time to threaten, confuse, and generally act like douchebags, they had the time to explain. Both before and after the attack. Simple as.

>As pointed out they
Doesn't matter. The assumption from them is that the same rules apply anyway.
>>
>>117747818
>Then they make her a regular clone, and make Rei 3 not Rei 2, and don't give Rei 2 the chance to develop even half as much as Rei 2 in the original did.
Lets be fair here out of all the supporting characters in Rebuild Rei 2 although we have no idea what number of clone she is on gets the most development. And yeah shit sucks that they basically killed her off in 3.33 and then introduced Q who has thus far been a shit clone. But at least she got a character arc and will probably come back in 4.44.

>>117747980
>Ritsuko was being honest about everything
She was telling the 'truth' as she saw it. which is all anyone can do.
>>
>>117747844
>Except they dont do thier best to upset him
Pointing guns at him, leering at him, punching in his general direction, calling him names, being dismissive of him and putting a bomb on his neck, naming him a sinner.....
Yes, this is upsetting you moron.

>Auska =/= wille.
Yes, Asuka is WILLE. Regardless of her being WILLE or not, she's a character in this movie that succumbs to the same idiocy as everyone else.

>Besides the fact we see Shinji and the dummy system ripping the eva to shreads after knowing the pilots feel everything.
We dont' know that, this is yet again your fanwank. The same thing happened to Toji, and after the synch is disabled there is no more feeling.
Remember when Asuka cuts the synch of EVA02 against Zeruel? She feels no pain or anything despite having EVA02's head lopped off.

Your understanding of this movie is pathetic.
>>
>>117748006
He says "chigau" which could just as well mean nothing at all. Could mean wrong, could mean gone.
He names her a Lilin replica, nothing more.

Either way, Rei is inside EVA01. That means Rei Q isn't Rei.
>>
>>117748107
>Lets be fair here out of all the supporting characters in Rebuild Rei 2 although we have no idea what number of clone she is on gets the most development.
Which doesn't mean anything if they subvert it in the next movie.
It's so bad that Rei coming back for 4.44 doesn't matter.

If there's anything I hate, it's a fake optimist. See >>117746886
>>
>>117748107
>She was telling the 'truth' as she saw it. which is all anyone can do.
Which is in this case, the actual canon, and it's named by the ONE person there who actually knows what's she's talking about.

You're absolutely pathetic if you're going to go against the actual TV-series to defend your position. Just stop. Concede, and admit that yes, you were wrong about this.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.