[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scanlation and manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: banner_top919.jpg (19KB, 919x108px) Image search: [Google]
banner_top919.jpg
19KB, 919x108px
>MangaUpdates is becoming shit and is caving in at the slightest DMCA because they're idiots
>Batoto's being taken over by Tumblrtards and is banning anything that offends their Christian sensibilities (except for yaoi, of course), while also caving in to countless DMCA reports
>Crunchyroll is becoming a copyright troll and threatening any group that's working on something they picked up, while releasing mediocre translations and shit editing jobs
>any group that hasn't been threatened yet is dropping projects for fear of DMCA trolls
>Mangatraders is still dead, no real long-term alternative exists (in case you haven't noticed, we once again have all of the manga on one server that could go down at any time)

When did it start going so horribly? What can be done?
>>
I would say use Kissmanga, but you need a Facebook account in order to ask the admin to upload manga. That would probably explain why their selection is vastly inferior. On the plus side, they have licensed scans.
>>
>>116298880
Learn another language, like Chinese.
If you learned Chinese, you're 50% moon efficient cause you already know English.

Piracy will never die in China, and for those not translated, you can probably read them still cause manga's elementary level in terms of mastery of the language needed.
>>
>>116299370
>You only need to memorize 2000, maybe 2500 characters tops.
Oh boy.
>>
>>116299370
>Learning Chinese

I like to think no one here hates themselves THAT much.
>>
>>116299139
>but you need a Facebook account in order to ask the admin to upload manga
Kissmanga devs are retards aren't they?
>>
>>116299528

Grammar is super easy. You get used to characters for a while. I wonder if there's anything like Kanjitomo or rikaichan for Chinese.
>>
>>116299634

It's ridiculous. Every other online reader manages to have user-uploaded content, yet the only other lossless reader that seems immune to DMCA doesn't.
>>
>>116299637
It's a horrible fucking language in general.
And I didn't think I'd say that about anything after learning German.
>>
>>116299783

But easy grammar and easier readings than kanji.
>>
>>116298880
>being taken over by Tumblrtards
This just made me laugh. It was built by Tumblrtards.

>>116299528
Well it's either that or suffer shamefur dispray.
>>
What happened to the baka?

Apart from the recent problems with covers getting removed.
>>
>>116299868
They're still fucking hieroglyphs and it still sounds like ass.
At least Japan eventually came to their senses and phased them out a bit. And in manga you barely have to know them at all.
>>
>>116299883

>This just made me laugh. It was built by Tumblrtards.

True, but it's getting worse as time goes on. It's gotten to the point where I'll just upload manga on Batoto and hope that the other site rippers grab it in time before it's deleted, so that it's actually out there and people read it.

>>116299921

I would suggest lurking more, this is the second time that MU has submitted to DMCA bullshit. Next up will probably be censoring scanlation group names, because that promotes piracy!
>>
>>116299978
noper they still take their kanji seriously, your thinking of the koreans.
>>
>>116299978
>And in manga you barely have to know them at all.
That's bullshit. Especially if you're trying to read some random seinen or josei crap which is the stuff that no one wants to translate.
>>
Why is the MU site still complete ass, even half a decade later?
>>
>>116300034
I'm talking Meiji Restoration phased out, as in the kana are a thing that people use.
>>
Has anyone scraped their metadata yet?
>>
which manga are going down on batoto? I read all my shit there and literally never have NOT been able to find the most recent chapter.
>>
>>116300182

>online-reader-only faggots

Fuck off. Batoto's useful for RSS ripping, that's it. So many random No Group scanlations are on there that aren't anywhere else, though.
>>
>>116299985
The first DMCA submit is already resolved.

The second one is just laughable, but I understand why would you be mad, considering they might look like "betafaggots", but at least they are trying to find a solution for it.

>Next up will probably be censoring scanlation group names, because that promotes piracy!

That is a possibility, if something it might happen in the future, considering mangaupdates directories affect scanlations directly.
>>
>>116300256

>resolved

More like put a band-aid on. I'm sure every publisher and copyright troll knows that they'll crumble at the slightest pressure now, so there's bound to be more DMCA letters.
>>
It'll pass, hopefully. Every 5 years or so, Japan makes another effort to prove that they're serious, guys, I mean it! DMCAs go out by the thousands, things seems bleak, then it gets back up again.
>>
>>116300338
Precisely related to my last statement, scanlation is not dead right now, and I'm pretty sure it will still survive in the near future even if the baka dies or cuts-down the scanlation listing.

It's just going to get more difficult to get your shit, of course, and the alternative depositories to mangatraders, even though useful like madokami, are incomplete and might die soon, at this point I'd start recommending KissManga (I should get banned for this shilling).

>I'll just upload manga on Batoto and hope that the other site rippers grab it in time before it's deleted, so that it's actually out there and people read it.

Also, this is really sad. But in a way, the expected doing.
>>
>>116300420
And in another 5 years the scanlation community gets even smaller.
>>
>>116300858

Unfortunately. I wonder if there's enough new blood to replace the retiring groups.
>>
CR's hilarious incompetence is ridiculous. I almost want to join them just so they can improve a little and maybe get some standards, but I would probably need a degree from a diploma mill before they would consider it.
>>
>>116298880
>>Mangatraders is still dead, no real long-term alternative exists (in case you haven't noticed, we once again have all of the manga on one server that could go down at any time)
Our goddess isn't long term? It's pretty obscure and so long it stays out of sight we should be fine. Even then we can just rebuild again.
>>
>>116300182
Well Hoshi no Samidare, just for example, only has the last volume up.
>>
>>116301106

It was never meant to be long-term. Where's that promised MT torrent? We're in the same situation as last time, because retards never learn.
>>
Can someone finish translating Rozen Maiden? God fucking dammit.
>>
>>116301106
>Our goddess isn't long term?
It was not supposed to be long term.

>It's pretty obscure
That's a bad thing for a depository.
>>
>>116301145

What's even more infuriating is that they're done with the script and all they need is some typesetting. That's the only reason they've stalled for four months and haven't released a singe chapter. It was faster learning Japanese to finish the manga than waiting.
>>
>>116301183

>That's a bad thing for a depository

Not in this case, because it's not supposed to be a MT replacement.
>>
Anyone want to work on Soredemo v13?
>>
>>116301263
The thing is that madokami is not "pretty obscure", even non-English speaking users know how to access the site, thus including outsiders from 4chan.

That's the only reason why people are still uploading tanks or recent releases there.
>>
>>116301305
i want chapters 85-108 first.
>>
>>116301433

Well no shit, /a/ has been infected with normalfags for quite a while now.

And a primary reason recent releases are being uploaded is because it has a bot.
>>
>>116301433
It isn't pretty obscure because you just told the name for the first time on the thread.
>>
>>116301433

Also, what this guy said. >>116301552 Retards such as yourselves are a direct thread to the FTP still being alive.
>>
>>116301496
The bot just covers a portion of it, it doesn't includes old shit either.

>>116301552
I already mentioned the site posts above, hell, you probably get a mibit link after googling it, even the site points out to the rizon link.
>>
>>116301436

Someone has to be willing to translate it, first.
>>
>>116298880
A new database is needed. One that is open and portable.

But this community doesn't seem to have the will. So we'll keep depending on MU until it fails and the whole scene will get set back two decades.
>>
>>116301669

There's a Python script, go scrape MU's metadata then.
>>
>>116301436

Got raws for those chapters?
>>
>>116301219
>It was faster learning Japanese to finish the manga than waiting.
Holy shit this crap infuriates me. The monogatari LN's, for example, have been adapted into an anime and then have had the anime translated before anyone works on the LNs.

And I'm looking at you Savanah Translations. You promise me Owari, you give me a taste of Owari, and then you're all like "nah we can't put it out because for whatever reason we need more than one fucking person to translate and edit a fucking light novel."

Fuck you, fuck you all, fuck this gay earth, I'm out.
>>
>>116301617
>I already mentioned the site posts above
>I didn't it once but twice
Nice try to defend yourself

>you probably get a mibit link after googling it
Don't think so since a lot of unrelated shit appears on google when you google that name.
>>
>>116301778
Well to be fair, Fuck translating Nisio Isin.
>>
>>116301601
>Retards such as yourselves are a direct thread to the FTP still being alive.

I'm not threatening the site in any way with my previous posts, and I haven't even mentioned it in the past either (besides the original threads of its conception), unlike you people that tend to attract the trolls by caring so much that you don't even want others to mention its name. Let's just leave it at that.

>>116301669
We do need a new database, but as many other people, we might keep being attached to mangaupdates until the very end, I don't blame anyone really.
>>
>>116301436
Isn't it just 98-108?
>>
>>116300982
I doubt it. New blood won't bother learning jap/eng to translate since crunchyroll is doing most of the translations. Those that do put the effort to learn, won't translate unless there is enough demand. And the one in a million who actually translate for themselves and release it to everyone as a freebie, get bitchslapped with a lawsuit from the DCMA.
>>
>>116299370
It would be easier and more sensible to learn Japanese to begin with, than to read inferior chinese scanlate/translations.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.