[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Codec packs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 281
Thread images: 24

File: logo-256x256.png (32KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
logo-256x256.png
32KB, 256x256px
So /a/, which codec packs do you use for your anime watching needs?
>>
>>116279314
I usually point people who are too lazy to set up their own solution to KCP, but CCCP works fine too.
>>
>>116279695
Just assume I'm not lazy, where would you point me?
>>
>>116279314
CCCP
>>
I've been using CCCP since 2009.
>>
>>116280121
>>116280015
Do you guys have problems with some .mp4 files? Sometimes it says "cannot render"
>>
CCCP

Just need to get rid of the subtitle pic taking plugin and everything is fine.
>>
>>116280160
They're poorly done .mp4 files. Not sure why you would need to play .mp4 files to begin with.
>>
All I run is MPC + madVR + Xysubfilter
>>
Call me a faglord, but I just use the standard VLC player.
Never had any issues with anything.
Also those traffic cone icons are the shit. I don't know why people dont like VLC.
>>
All of the ones that are nessesary:

I don't use any codec packs
Just a regular installation of MPC-HC
Yes, I know what that means
don't argue about the meaning of "codec pack"
>>
MPH HC+MadVR+ReClock+XYSubfilter

I tried CCCP before but could not get subs to play at native resolution. MadVR is better anyway.
>>
Filters currently loaded:
- XySubFilter (Connected with madVR, None)
- ReClock Audio Renderer
- madVR
- LAV Audio Decoder
- LAV Video Decoder
- LAV Splitter Source
>>
>>116280572
wrong colors, just linear scaling, bad performance, bad subtitle handling, cone-icon
>>
File: Capture.png (325KB, 602x516px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
325KB, 602x516px
I've been having this pop up recently, where the English text is right on top of the Japanese text. Anyone know the cause? Using KCP right now.
>>
>>116280946
>Using KCP right now.
Found the cause.
>>
>>116280946
Your subtitle handler is fucked.
KCP is shitton of useless shit so can't help you.
>>
>>116280946
Try Xysubfilter
>>
>>116280946
Name of release and timestamp?
>>
I use madVR and Xysubfilter.
And to be honest I don't really notice any difference.
>>
File: 1414883993507.png (284KB, 332x650px) Image search: [Google]
1414883993507.png
284KB, 332x650px
>>116280946
>Using KCP right now.
>>
>>116281104
Ramp up that debanding filter.
>>
File: show filters.jpg (46KB, 666x407px) Image search: [Google]
show filters.jpg
46KB, 666x407px
>>116280946
when asking shit like this give information, how the fuck are we supposed to know what you actually have running on your MPC.

>>116281104
You'll notice the difference it makes for extremely shitty releases like horriblesubs when you turn it off especially in fullscreen.
>>
>>116281104
Enable smooth motion and debanding.
>>
>>116281037
[Chibiki] THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE - To the Other Side of the Light! [BD][1080p][BD4007D5] at about 1h19m.
Noticed it on another show from five years back, but thought it was just that show. Haven't seen this before
>>
File: VLC.webm (2MB, 1280x720px)
VLC.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
how many of you use svp?
>>
File: mpcbe madvr xysubfilter lav.jpg (228KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpcbe madvr xysubfilter lav.jpg
228KB, 1920x1080px
>>116281208
Your shit's fucked.
>>
>>116281361
Why would I fuck up my quality on purpose?
>>
My Laptop can only handle native 23/24/25 render rate. Is it required to render at monitor refresh rate in order for smooth motion to work?
>>
>>116281109
I used to use CCCP but when the 10-bit stuff rolled out, I just followed a custom setup guide. After awhile, I got tired of it, so I decided to try out KCP. Got this problem, so I started this tread as a way to find out which pack I should replace it with.
>>
>>116281383
I know, that's why I was looking to see if it was a specific problem I could fix, or if it would be better to switch to another pack.
>>
>>116281493
you should just throw your computer away then
>>
>>116281553
You could get rid of XYsubfilter and use native sub render.
>>
>>116281553
Stop relying on shitty codec packs.
>>
>>116281616
It works fine with XySubFilter, see >>116281383
>>
>>116281683
But not for him?

XYsubs is only designed for faster render anyway.
>>
>>116281632
Yeah, I know, that's why I'm here. The whole point was to /find/ a new pack. I kinda already knew this. So far, it seems like I should try out CCCP again.
>>
>>116280510
I'm pretty much running the same. Haven't been disappointed at all
>>
>>116281749
XySubFilter was designed for rendering subtitles at desktop resolution, while avoiding incorrect rendering of ISR.
>>
>>116281783
http://files.nyaa.se/HOW_DID_I_PLAYED_BACK.txt
>>
>>116281749
Regardless of that, when you are trying to fix software you use process of elimination, so the first thing he should do is try to see if it works with native render.
>>
ffmpeg with mpv, I keep recent builds compiled from git.

MPC-HC and all the related garbage is a terrible joke.
>>
>>116281836
What is ISR?

I have already googled it.
>>
>>116281934
Please elaborate. If you can
>>
>>116281951
Internal Subtitle Renderer.
>>
>madVR
>madVR
>madVR

For what purpose? What does this actually do? I've tried running vanilla MPC-HC and the KCP (which apparently has madVR out of the box) and I don't see what, if anything, it's doing for me?
>>
>>116282030
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/
>>
>>116282123
So you can't, alright.
>>
>>116281934
You are retarded and a try hard, that or a loonix pleb. Does ffmpeg+mpv offer custom raster scaling algorithms? What about forced debanding/dithering?
>>
>>116282123
>implying you're building it yourself and not just using http://mplayer2.srsfckn.biz/
>>
>>116282097
It's a video renderer. It renders video. It does it at a higher quality than many other video renderers. If you don't see a difference then you probably don't need to care about it.
>>
>>116282229
So, as I've been told many, many times, it really is a placebo? Got it.
>>
>>116282138
That guy is not me.

>>116282172
I'm not a try hard, I just like good software and don't like shit software, especially when shit software is pushed so hard. mpv has a bunch of different possible renderers and scaling algorithms, and it has a debanding filter that can be used, although I'm not sure what you mean by "forced".
>>
>>116282273
The debanding filter works wonders.
>>
>>116282097
Frame Interpolation
A host of several Raster Image Scaling algorithms
and Debanding
All of which is done through the GPU.
>>
>>116282300
How is MPC-HC shit software though?
>>
>>116282300
>being that much of a hipster

My sides.
>>
>>116282181
Implying that everyone is using Windows.

Implying that compiling it on other platforms isn't easy, and people don't very commonly compile it themselves.
>>
>>116282300
>mpv has a bunch of different possible renderers and scaling algorithms
Take a screen shot with those options.
Forced as in trying to detect gradient when it is not part of the data.
>>
>>116282387
Are you retarded? How is shit like
>MPH HC+MadVR+ReClock+XYSubfilter
less hipster than just mpv?
>>
>>116282300

You're embarrassing yourself, retard. Don't do this again, alright?
>>
>>116282450
>Take a screen shot with those options.

Why?

>Forced as in trying to detect gradient when it is not part of the data.

Makes no sense.
>>
>>116282406
So that other faggot was right and you are actually one of the Loonix Loonies.

And, yes, that's exactly what I'm implying. Building mpv on a Windows box requires a rather elaborate toolchain to be present, with a slew of dependencies depending on what exactly you're building. You don't have it, nor do you even know what you need or how to set it up. You can claim otherwise but you'd be full of shit and I'm going to call you on it if you try.

I might believe you if you tell me all about how you cross-compile it in Loonix for Windows, but since you're not using Windows...
>>
>>116282530
>Makes no sense.
Not to you.

>Why?
Because my guess is you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
>>
>>116282607
>Because my guess is you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
Not him, but I don't know what taking a screenshot of preferences would do.
>>
I seriously hope you guys use SVP for that silky smooth viewing experience.
>>
>>116282726
Fuck off.
>>
>>116282710
>totally him
>>
>>116282726
I don't see the point
>>
>>116282567
What the fuck are you talking about? No one mentionned building anything and you went on a spastic tangent.
What point are you trying to make?
>>
>>116282710
Show the multiple different algorithms that he claims MPV offers,

Also that they are being done through the GPU.
>>
>>116282740
What's the matter, don't have the hardware to run SVP?
>>
How is MadVR's interpolating compared to SVP?
>>
>>116282510
>good set up that most anons use
>on /a/ more hipster than
>I DON'T USE SHIT LIKE MPC-HC AND ALL THAT RELATED GARBAGE IT'S ALL A TERRIBLE JOKE *tips fedora*

Pls leave shitforbrains.
>>
>>116282840
maybe you should find out
>>
>>116282809
>Implying that compiling it on other platforms isn't easy, and people don't very commonly compile it themselves.

Okay.

This is where you just stop talking. You're full of shit, and it's embarrassing to read.
>>
I used MPC-HC+MadVR when I use to use Windows.
Now that I use Linux exclusively I use mpv with opengl-hq vo.
The difference is not there for the average viewer.
Of course if you compare every single frame you'll notice a difference, but that I doubt either of them could be deemed "better" than the other.
Anyone who says otherwise is likely a troll and should be ignored.

TLDR; you're all fags.
>>
>>116282567
>Building mpv on a Windows box requires a rather elaborate toolchain to be present

That's because it's designed for Unix systems and uses a build system that is for Unix systems. Most open source software is like this, and is very hard to compile on Windows. But what point are you trying to make in saying that compiling most software on Windows is a pain in the ass?

>You can claim otherwise but you'd be full of shit and I'm going to call you on it if you try.

Do you seriously think that compiling software is something so special and complex that you don't believe someone when they say they compiled a piece of software? I don't know what to think of this retardation.

>I might believe you if you tell me all about how you cross-compile it in Loonix for Windows

I never said I did this, nor would I ever bother with that.

>>116282607
>Not to you.

I thought you were going to say something like this. You're not saying something that's flying over my head, it was a nonsensical bullshit.statement.

>Because my guess is you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Type "mpv -vo help" into a terminal.
>>
>>116283144
should you be ignored
>>
>>116283226
Sure.
>>
>>116283156
Here comes the damage control...

>That's because it's designed for Unix systems and uses a build system that is for Unix systems.

You don't say?

>But what point are you trying to make in saying that compiling most software on Windows is a pain in the ass?

The point I'm trying to make is that you're a lying nigger who thought his bullshit would go unchallenged here because this isn't /g/.

>
Do you seriously think that compiling software is something so special and complex that you don't believe someone when they say they compiled a piece of software?

For you? Yes. See above. You were talking out of your ass with the expectation that no one had the knowledge/desire to call you on it.

Incidentally, you still haven't explained why MPC-HC is "shit" despite being asked multiple times.

>I never said I did this, nor would I ever bother with that.

I actually don't think you bother with anything at all. I think you're a Windows user who's just using pre-built binaries from srsfckn.biz just to be a hipster.
>>
>>116283156
> You're not saying something that's flying over my head, it was a nonsensical bullshit.statement.
Gradients are supposed to be specified through vectors, dithering works by detecting these vectors. Sometimes they are not. Frame analysis can detect what was intended to be a gradient when it is not.

>Type "mpv -vo help" into a terminal.
Yeah you are full of shit.
>>
>>116283428
>The point I'm trying to make is that you're a lying nigger who thought his bullshit would go unchallenged

What are you challenging? I don't get it. What am I lying about and why do you think I'm lying?

>Incidentally, you still haven't explained why MPC-HC is "shit"

I could go into a long rant, longer than I care to go into for a post to prove something to 4chan posters in a thread that will soon be dead.

>I think you're a Windows user who's just using pre-built binaries from srsfckn.biz just to be a hipster.

Believe me, I'm not a Windows user. This is not about being a hipster to me, it's about software design, and what''s the better quality software.
>>
>>116283428
>The point I'm trying to make is that you're a lying nigger who thought his bullshit would go unchallenged here because this isn't /g/.

It's funny because he's probably just parroting shit he read on /g/, which doesn't know jack shit about anything technology. Saying MPC-HC is shit is the latest trend on that board.
>>
File: 1412524855474.png (763KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1412524855474.png
763KB, 800x800px
>>116283744
>I could go into a long rant, longer than I care to go into for a post to prove something to 4chan posters in a thread that will soon be dead.

This is just comedy gold at this point.
>>
>>116283744
>I could go into a long rant, longer than I care to go into for a post to prove something to 4chan posters in a thread that will soon be dead.

I can't even tell if he is being serious or is literally some autistic narcissistic delusion.
>>
>>116283744
Alright, do it
>>
>>116283744
>What are you challenging?

I'm challenging the fact that you have the first fucking clue what you're talking about in regards to mpv or MPC-HC. I'm challenging the fact that you know the first thing about software development or compilation.

Protip: You don't, and it's painfully obvious.

That's fine, I suppose. There wasn't any question left that you were completely full of shit anyway.

>This is not about being a hipster to me, it's about software design, and what''s the better quality software.

For your opinion to matter you'd actually have to know something about designing good software. This would, naturally, necessitate you to know something about designing ANY software. Which you don't.
>>
>>116283814
The funny thing is, his rant will be 100% irrelevant to almost every user.
>>
>>116281104
I'd like to try xy-VSFilter, but I don't want to use madvr.

The installation notes say it's not necessary but I'm lazy to give it a try/experimenting right now, even more when I can play everything without problem.
>>
>>116283988
You can use xy-VSFilter with any renderer, and XySubFilter with both madVR and EVR-CP.
>>
>>116282273
If you're retarded, yes. If you can set it up, no.
>>
>>116284180
Why not just use KCP?
>>
>>116283988
I regret ever getting into this shit. Now I spent more time looking for artifact in rendering than I do actually paying attention whatever it is that I am watching. I can't stand the atrocious 12FPS, sometime even 6FPS render rate of anime.

The thing that I don't get the most is why the fuck is panning also done in 12FPS.
>>
>>116283931
I'm not sure what you want, for me to post a screenshot of my terminal with output from mpv? A video of me compiling mpv? Because I'm not doing it, and it's not for whatever dumb reason you can think of.

You don't have to be a chef to complain about bad food, but I do something about software design.
>>
>>116282726
Tried it but it fucks up with my animu. The only one that worked with svp was sidonia.
>>
>>116284332
>The thing that I don't get the most is why the fuck is panning also done in 12FPS.
That's very rarely the case. Not that 24 fps is enough for panning.
>>
File: madvr smooth motion.png (12KB, 1022x280px) Image search: [Google]
madvr smooth motion.png
12KB, 1022x280px
>>116282840
SVP tries to generate new frames between existing frames in an attempt to increase the video's framerate. While it might sometimes work with real life footage if you're lucky, it'll never work with anime.

Animation you see in anime isn't trying to be an accurate representation of reality. It would be way too expensive/time consuming to draw a new image for every single frame of the 24fps video, so animators only draw something new every 2/3/4/etc frames. To compensate for this the animators can exaggerate certain motions so that it looks smoother when you watch it. When you try to algorithmically generate new frames between those made by the animators you just get a terrible mess.

MadVR's smooth motion on the other hand is used for a completely different purpose. It's designed to remove motion judder that's caused by a mismatch in the video framerate and the display's refresh rate, for example if your monitor is running at 60Hz and you're watching a 24fps video on it. You can't evenly divide 60 by 24 so some frames have to be shown two times while others are shown three times. This causes juddering which is particularly visible in scenes with large smooth motions such as panning scenes.

Smooth motion solves this by blending two frames when needed. It doesn't try to guess what's between the frames, it's just a weighed blend of the two. Because of this it's content-insensitive so it'll work with anime just as well as it would with real life footage.
>>
>>116284246
Using KCP doesn't stop you from using madVR. You know that, right?
Regardless, there's no point in installing a codec pack when it's so simple and easy to install only what you truly need and configure it correctly.
>>
>>116284334
>I'm not sure what you want

I want you to stop fucking lying, or at least to stop going into full blown damage control mode when you get caught.

>Because I'm not doing it

Yeah, for two reasons...

Firstly, because you can't. You don't have the first fucking clue what you're doing.

Second, because you don't want anyone to see that your "terminal" is a bash shell running on your Mac. You've been real careful to not actually say you're using Linux. Instead, it's just "I'm not using Windows" or some variant thereof.

You're right to do it, though. We'd probably make fun of you for being a Macfag.

>but I do something about software design.

No, you don't. You have never written anything past a fizzbuzz or hello world in your life, and I'm suspicious that I might already be giving you too much credit.
>>
>>116284586
Why are you so adamant in thinking he doesn't use Linux? Any retard can do it these days, it's fucking easy. And so is compiling MPV, there's even helper scripts.
>>
>>116284586
Not him, but I'd rather use OS X over Windows.
>>
>>116279314
Whats the best output if i can't use Madvr?
>>
>>116284950
I'd say MPV because the defaults are good, but I might be accused of not compiling my builds.
>>
>>116284950
Why cant you use madvr? If you don't mind me asking.

Best alternative is probably CCCP.
>>
>>116284586
>I want you to stop fucking lying

I have not lied a single time in this thread.

>damage control mode when

I don't get what you mean by this. You've just been making wild/silly accusations, and I'm not taking them that seriously.

>You've been real careful to not actually say you're using Linux

You're right I have, because I had no reason to bring up Linux and this has nothing to do with Linux. My problem here is that you think it's something so amazing in the first place that it warrants proof. In my perspective, this is like telling someone you installed firefox and use it instead of Internet Explorer, then having someone accuse you of lying because they think you think you're a genius hacker for installing firefox. What does that say about the person who is accusing you of lying, and their level of competency?

> You have never written anything past a fizzbuzz or hello world in your life

I have. But again, you don't need to be a chef to complain about bad food.
>>
>>116284950
Properly configured mpv.
>>
>>116285082
CCCP is not a video renderer. Please refrain from posting if you don't have the faintest idea about the subject matter.
>>
>they're actually give a fuck about video quality of a stolen video stream
>>
>>116285325
>stolen
>>
>>116281001
>>116281025
>>116281109
I use my own configuration, but I looked at KCP just now at the very least it's an okay place to start and everything in it is optional.

Is it just cool to not like it because it's easy?
>>
>>116285325
Why wouldn't you care? If I'm going to take the time to steal something, it better be good.
>>
>>116279854
Not to a codec pack.
>>
>>116279314
I don't, I use MPV.
>>
>>116285243
I know the difference between codec and filter. He was stating that he could not use madvr, the second alternative to not being able to use MADVR is to go with CCCP. Are you autistic?
>>
I still just go for CCCP.

The only time I've had issues with it are with some of those image-based bluray subtitles.
>>
I use whatever XBMC uses for decoding (something that uses ffmpeg). Otherwise mpv.
>>
>>116285674
>I know the difference between codec and filter.
CCCP or madVR aren't codecs either. I guess you got something right if you meant that madVR is a DirectShow filter.

>He was stating that he could not use madvr, the second alternative to not being able to use MADVR is to go with CCCP.
If you can't use some specific video renderer then usually the alternative is to use some other video renderer. Funny how you've been unable to even name a single one.

>Are you autistic?
I guess everything's possible but I don't see how that's relevant here.
>>
>>116285092
>What does that say about the person who is accusing you of lying, and their level of competency?

The problem is that this isn't about my level of competency or anyone else's but your own. The fact that you're so desperate that you're trying to attack anyone else's technical proficiency is telling, to say the least.

You're lying your ass off, you got caught, and now you're going to do and say anything you can in order to get away from it.

No one is saying anything about computers being magical, or "genius hackers" or any other such disingenuous bullshit. Quite the opposite. in some respects.

What's being said is regardless of how "easy" or not such matters are, you don't know jack shit about them. It's really that simple.

>I have.

No, you haven't. You have never written a single line of code in the entirety of your miserable, lying life.
>>
>>116285943
>The fact that you're so desperate that you're trying to attack anyone else's technical proficiency is telling

You have been aggressively doing this the entire time, including in this post.

>You're lying your ass off
>you don't know jack shit about them
>You have never written a single line of code

What is the basis or evidence for claiming this?
>>
>>116286168
My basis for this is the fact that you can't demonstrate even an elementary amount of knowledge on the topics you keep offering your shit opinions about.

You can try to play it off like you're somehow about it all, and you can keep backpedaling. It isn't going to change anything.

Fuck, I'm still waiting for your explanation as to why MPC-HC is "shit". Something tells me I'm only gong to get more backpedaling, aren't I?
>>
File: This_Isn't_Anime.jpg (39KB, 372x444px) Image search: [Google]
This_Isn't_Anime.jpg
39KB, 372x444px
CCCP vs KCP

CCCP is made up of people that know what they're doing. Though despite that they are very slow as they make sure to test everything and only put things together that will work on a large array of machines. No test builds, no beta, no anything. If it's not stable or tested heavily. Forget about it.
I enjoy it but with no MadVR, I'm not getting the potential picture quality that I want.

KCP is made by a few people who have really no knowledge compared to the contributors and members of the CCCP team. Though Haruhichan is wiser than the average fan, maintaining their own XDCC, but their news/blogs/journals/taste in anime is shit, don't bother.

What they do is pretty much throw all the components together. A stable version and a bleeding edge version. Making sure you keep up to date with all of them so you can have the "best quality possible" (of a download and go aspect), with a few more problems here and there.

Despite what Diaz says about KCP. I still use KCP and enjoy it. They're fast, and they're doing my job of updating components for me, so I can be a lazy twat and not have to do it myself or wait for CCCP to do it 2-3 times a year.

Bottomline: Do whatever, I'm a faggot.
>>
File: vlc.webm (2MB, 1360x768px)
vlc.webm
2MB, 1360x768px
>>116281218
>>
>>116285935
>CCCP or madVR aren't codecs either.
What does CCCP stand for.

>If you can't use some specific video renderer then usually the alternative is to use some other video render.
If you can't use a particular software build, then you can use another one.

>Funny how you've been unable to even name a single one.
EVR(Default MPC)
Haali(part of CCCP)

>I guess everything's possible but I don't see how that's relevant here.
I'd imagine someone getting butt hurt at another anon recommending alternative software, for not being the same type, is related to some form of autism.
>>
>>116286506
>CCCP
Союз Советских Социалистических Республик
>>
>>116286617
>fuck, i said something stupid and got called out for it
>better try to say something snarky and clever to play it off
>>
>>116286506
>What does CCCP stand for.
That's not relevant. What's relevant is what CCCP is, and it's not a codec.
>>
File: 1379185238164.jpg (12KB, 230x375px) Image search: [Google]
1379185238164.jpg
12KB, 230x375px
>>116286667
Not even that guy. I just googled it and posted in this thread. You sound butthurt nerd.
>>
>>116286706
No, it's a Combined Community Codec Pack.
>>
>>116284586
>implying a Unix bases os is worse than Windows
>being this much of a weabo faggot
>>
>>116286732
>samefag replying to old posts because you got blown the fuck out and you're mad
>>
>>116286288
>My basis for this is the fact that you can't demonstrate even an elementary amount of knowledge on the topics you keep offering your shit opinions about.

I can, and haven't shown any evidence to the contrary.

>backpedaling

Something I have not done.

>I'm still waiting for your explanation as to why MPC-HC is "shit".

I could go into a long rant, longer than I care to go into for a post to prove something to 4chan posters in a thread that will soon be dead.
>>
Ok, assume I am stupid

What the hell are you all talking about? I don't understand one bit of jargon in this entire thread
>>
>>116286821
>I could go into a long rant
Prove it, nerd.
>>
>>116286821
Not him, but I'd really like to see the long rant, so I can bitch about mpc more effectively.
>>
>>116286876
The more jargon you use, the more you sound like you know what you're talking about.

Even though you don't, really.
>>
>>116286876
People flinging shit at each other because of their choice in video player.
>>
>>116286821
The bottom line is that you're a Macfag with no working programming knowledge whatsoever, offering opinions about software you know next to nothing about and had no hand in writing, and regurgitating whatever it is /g/ is on about this week.

Worse than that, anytime someone asks you to back up any of the dumb shit you say, you backpedal.

What else is there to say?

Yeah, you said this exact same thing over half an hour ago. The thread is still here. Your credibility, however, isn't.
>>
>>116286797
I wasnt the linuxfag in the discussion But i fucking hate weabo fags jacking of to their resourcehog placebovr, MPV is much more efficiently written, just like most Linux software, only use windows bcuz muh vidya
>>
>>116286876
Software used for playing back media. Coalgirls has the best guide on this.

https://coalgirls.wakku.to/faq/playback

Here's a really good guide.
>>
>>116286958
Windowsfag is more of an insult than macfag.
>>
>>116286821
>>116287007
Samefag?

Anyway,

>MPV is much more efficiently written

[citation needed]
>>
>>116286876

There's maybe one line of useful knowledge in this thread, abandon it.
>>
>>116287007
>But i fucking hate weabo fags
Where do you think you are right now?
>>
>>116287031
How so?

If everything, mac can be more shittier. Wwhat sells now is the brand more than anything. Before macshit I'd rather loonix, and I really won't expect loonix to have working drivers for everything since a lot of companies shill windows, so I'll keep windogs to entertainment and loonix for work.
>>
>>116286617
Look up.

CCCP in here and tell me what you get.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki
>>
>>116287166
Unix-like OS >>>> Windows
>>
>>116287007
>MPV is much more efficiently written
Prove it faggot.

If you like mpv then that's fine, but shitting on everything else for the fucking sake of it is not.
>>
File: screenshot.png (12KB, 395x188px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
12KB, 395x188px
>>116286958
Please give me one reason to try and argue against nothing but baseless wild accusations and insults?

>>116287087
>[citation needed]

https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv
https://github.com/mpc-hc/mpc-hc

>>116286887
>>116286929
There's no point in the effort. I already should have just closed my browser and went to do something else.
>>
>>116287087
Mpc is just a GUI for direct show, because its closed source software I can't show you the source code but based around the speed of a average gnu/Linux compared to windows I can savely say that mpc-hc is less efficient than MPV
>>
>>116280510
Running this too. It's pretty good, however I keep getting a frame repeat at certain parts. Not sure if it's the set up or not.
>>
>>116287266
>please look at all these things that are me not just addressing the questions i'm being asked

Yeah, this is called backpedaling. You should stop doing it. Or rather, you should just keep your mouth shut about things you know nothing about in the first place so you don't have to backpedal later.

You aren't a programmer. You know jack shit about mpv or MPC-HC. You don't have the ability to back up any of the dumb shit you've been regurgitating from lurking /g/.
>>
>>116287310
>but based around the speed
What type of hardware are you using that you would have problems using MPC to play 720/23, and why do you think you being poor is the same as you being educated about software?
>>
>>116287310
>mpc-hc is closed source

Nigger, you just went full retard.
>>
>>116287507
I meant direct show :p
>>
File: azunyaa.png (211KB, 448x463px) Image search: [Google]
azunyaa.png
211KB, 448x463px
>>116287310
>Mpc is just a GUI for direct show, because its closed source software
>closed source

lolwat?
>>
>>116286731
Which includes a bit more than codecs, retard.
>>
https://github.com/mpc-hc/mpc-hc
>>
>>116287624
>CCCP is not a codec

Okay.
>>
>>116287456
Those are some nice hot steaming baseless accusations with no evidence behind them.
>>
>>116287661
Right, CCCP is not a codec just like Windows is not a web browser.
>>
>>116287759
Yeah, anyway. You were saying something about MPC-HC being shit? Why for?
>>
I don't really know how this all works, but if I play an anime on a vanilla version of VLC without anything else, everything will work and subtitles will show?
>>
>>116287661
And it isn't. It's a codec pack. Which just so happens to not only include codecs.
>>
>>116287767
Wasn't that obvious? What was the point in bringing this up in the first place?
>>
>>116287874
>guaranteed replies
>>
>>116287984
I really have no idea. >>116280572 said he uses simply VLC without mentioning anything else, so I assume VLC is the full package.
>>
>>116288118
Okay, then to answer your question, yes vanilla VLC will work. But so will vanilla mpv or MPC-HC, and they'll do it better than VLC can. Same amount of effort, better video quality.
>>
File: 1396654878952.jpg (42KB, 372x310px) Image search: [Google]
1396654878952.jpg
42KB, 372x310px
So is there a reason why I should install these codec packs? I feel like regular MPC does it just fine. What benefits are there for the different codec packs?
>>
>>116288189
None provided you can manually install the codecs/filters/renderers you need.
>>
>>116288180
Thank you, but are the differences that bad? Surely the quality isn't unwatchable?
>>
>>116288118
>VLC is the full package.

It is, there's no third-party bullshit you need, or rather any of it is compiled in to begin with. I recommend using VLC over MPC-HC, although I also recommend deciding things like this for yourself and not asking 4chan what you should use.
>>
>>116288274
VLC has a pretty good chance of defaulting to wrong colors.
>>
>>116288274
I think you already know the answer to your own question. If you don't care about seeing artifacts or "rebuilding your font cache" then use VLC. If you do, then don't.
>>
>>116288333
>there's no third-party bullshit you need, or rather any of it is compiled in to begin with

Just like MPC-HC and mpv.
>>
>>116287928
It's clearly not obvious if you need to go on about what CCCP stands for in response to "CCCP is not a codec."
>>
>>116288397
Except that mpc-hc comes with ISR for your subtitle rendering.
>>
>>116288424
I think the implication was that CCCP didn't include codecs and when people pointed out that it did, someone got embarrassed about being wrong and started trying to play "what I meant was..." semantics games.
>>
>>116288340
>rebuilding your font cache

This only happens on the Windows version. A lot of software that created for Linux/Unix and then ported to Windows as an afterthought has this issue, like the GIMP too. It's both a problem with Windows, and the software developers for not wanting to put the effort in to change their codebase to appease the Windows-specific way of doing things.
>>
>>116288495
>I think

No, you don't.
>>
>>116288480
And your point would be?

>>116288506
Or you could just not use software written by inept and/or stubborn devs who obviously don't care about your platform, regardless of their reasons.
>>
>>116288180
What is difference between vanilla MPC vs VLC other than subtitle render.

I am fairly sure YCrCb to RGB is standardized. Are you referring to 16-235/0-255?
>>
>>116288571
>And your point would be?
ISR a shit
>>
mpv

I'm almost embarrassed to say because of all the nonsense arguments about mpv ITT.

I also compile it myself on Windows.
>>
>>116288568
Oh, so I was right. Thanks.
>>
>>116288626
>I also compile it myself on Windows.
No, you don't.
>>
>>116288495
>I think the implication was that CCCP didn't include codecs
How could you possible arrive at that conclusion?
>>
>>116288712
If that wasn't the conclusion, then what was the point of even saying that "CCCP wasn't a codec" in the first place?
>>
>>116288631
If you're pulling that stupid card then anyone can just as easily say that you're now trying to save face with that.
In the end, CCCP is not a codec. The initial statement of CCCP and madVR not being codecs isn't wrong.
>>
>>116288751
Because it's not a codec. It's called "correcting".
You're trying to read far too much into something extremely simple.
>>
>>116288787
Yeah, this is obvious to anyone who can read. My question is why the initial statement about "CCCP and madVR not being codecs" had to be made in the first place? Was there a question that they were codecs?
>>
>>116288626
>compiling on Windows
You must live a difficult life.
>>
Lmao virgins
>>
>>116288840
At what point was CCCP called a codec?
>>
>>116288925
Please quote the posts where you got blown the fuck out.
>>
>>116288858
Did you even read the sequence of posts...?
>>
>>116288981
Yes, I did.
>>
>>116288949

>>116286506
for example.
>>
>>116288949

>>116285243
>CCCP is not a video renderer. Please refrain from posting if you don't have the faintest idea about the subject matter.
>>116285674
>I know the difference between codec and filter.
>>
File: werwer.jpg (12KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
werwer.jpg
12KB, 225x300px
When will /g/ leave?
>>
>>116280572
VLC ftw...mpc suck amirite
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/38184
>>
File: mpv build.png (2MB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
mpv build.png
2MB, 3200x1800px
>>116288688
>>116288879
I just built it for you then. It's actually really easy to do with MSYS2. All the dependencies are available as binary packages, so it's just as fast and easy as on Linux.
>>
>>116289074
At what point was CCCP called a codec in that comment?

>>116289085
Same question as above.
>>
>>116289207
Is it as easy as pacaur -S mpv-git?
>>
is there even a quality difference with madvr? I haven't seen it.
>>
>>116289225
>Same question as above.

That was about the difference between CCCP and madVR. The only other way that could be read is that he thinks madVR is a codec and CCCP is a filter which is even dumber.
>>
>>116289344
If you pause, take a screenshot and then zoom in 400%, you'll notice a very slight difference.
>>
>>116289225
Seriously?
Correcting the statement "CCCP or madVR aren't codecs either" implies that:
a) Both are codecs
or
b) CCCP is a codec
or
c) madVR is a codec.

The reply specifically addresses CCCP and asks what it stands for. If this is ANY attempt at correcting, then it implies that the user considers it to be a codec. If the user meant to say that CCCP is a collection of codecs, then said person needs to learn how to say what they mean. And in the end, it is still NOT just a collection of codecs. The name is Codec Pack for the sake of simplicity. It includes more than that.
>>
>>116289324
Not quite, because there's no mpv package in the MSYS2 repo (yet.) You have to grab all the dependencies manually.

pacman -S git pkg-config python3 mingw-w64-x86_64-ffmpeg mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc mingw-w64-x86_64-lcms2 mingw-w64-x86_64-libjpeg-turbo mingw-w64-x86_64-lua
>>
>>116289172
The behind the scenes works of watching anime is also anime
>>
>>116289503
>You have to grab all the dependencies manually.
Absolutely disgusting.

Well, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.
>>
>>116286348
Well said anon. I also use KCP for similar reasons.
>>
>>116289344
>>116284180
>>
>>116289498
Or alternatively one is mainly built around the usage of codecs and the other one is built as a filter with optional native codec capabilities.

When anon ask to what CCCP stands for is to clarify that in fact CCCP does include and for the most part is a codec pack.
>>
>>116289568
To be fair, the AUR is pretty cool. Even other Linux distros don't have the luxury of installing Git build of programs in a single command.
>>
>>116289904
Yeah, I didn't even know how to use git for a while because AUR did everything for me.
>>
I used to setup mpc-hc from scratch when I had my AMD GPU and all was well but since I switched to nVIDIA something always fucks up when I crank the dials. Since then I just use the max setting on KCP and the results are great.

Why exactly is KCP considered deprecated again?
>>
>>116290386
mpv exists
>>
>>116290386
What dials are you referring to?

Also what display mode are you using?
>>
>>116290575
Also keep track of what GPU is actually being used. Default Nvidia API makes MPC HC go through IntelHD as oppose to it's own GPU.

AND

If it is using Nvidia GPU, sometimes it doesn't see the need for using full throttle with madvr and subsequently down throttles, causing madvr to not be able to render in time.
>>
>>116290575
MadVR'S specifically scaling (I know nVIDIA and NNEDI3 were borked but I still had issues after)

My mode is digital TV monitor with switch to match when playback starts and restore when player closes but that's after KCP install
>>
>>116290862
Yeah, those are the types of issues I was encountering so I tried KCP maxxed and it just fucking works so I've stuck with it for a bit
>>
File: 1402692814854.jpg (31KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1402692814854.jpg
31KB, 250x251px
>extremely minimal quality changes and placebo effect: the thread
>>
>>116290965
NNEDI3 is fairly demanding.

If you are looking for very high quality, and moderate render time I recommend using Lanczos 8 taps on both Chroma and Image. If you still want NNEDI3 I suggest using as many GPU queue as possible.

As far as display mode goes I was referring to resolution and frame rate. Madvr by default will use monitor native display mode. Which means if you are watching 24Hz anime in a 60Hz monitor, Madvr will render at 60Hz.Which means it will be applying post processing at 60 frames per second. So it will working with copies of the same frame individually, wasting resources and dropping a shit ton of frames.
>>
>>116291346
>smooth motion
>placebo
>>
File: 1256596464688.png (717KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1256596464688.png
717KB, 960x720px
>>116291664
>his monitor doesn't support an integer multiple of 23.976
>>
KCP, with all the shitty CR rips you need that MadVR demanding.
>>
wat does the words in this thread mean?
>>
>>116291835
everyone's inner /g/ is leaking
>>
File: 1413941968400.jpg (19KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
1413941968400.jpg
19KB, 210x210px
Shill thread?
Shill thread.
>>
File: cffc8df3.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cffc8df3.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>116291835
I want to fuck Iori in the place that her delicious pee sprouts from.
>>
Shark007 with MPC-BE x64
Gives you everything you need and a good-looking player to boot.
>>
why compile when you can just dl mpv-x86_64-latest.7z?
>>
>>116292964
I don't know if stable supports vapoursynth yet, so I just pulled the latest from git.
>>
>>116279314
CCCP and go into MPCHC and change the default showing pic to Chiyo-chan :^)
>>
ITT: babbies that need a codec pack.
>>
>>116292964
Linux users generally can't do that.
>>
>>116292353
You can't shill free software, pretty much by definition.
>>
>>116289175
I tried this comparison with VLC and WMPC and I think WMP all around looked better, but for somereason the soft subs are fuzzy. Let me know what you guys think
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/98532
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/98536
>>
>>116293791
You can just install the binary in your repo if you don't want to compile.
>>
>>116293983
Unless you're running Arch or Debian sid, the binaries in your repo are going to be really old.
>>
>>116294024
Or Fedora, or Ubuntu or pretty much any other distro that doesn't use Debian Stable for it's repos?
>>
>>116294073
Ubuntu 14.10 (which only just came out) uses mpv 0.4.2. mpv is currently up to 0.6.2. Fedora (as far as I can tell) doesn't have mpv in-repo.
>>
>>116294254
Fedora has mpv in the RPM Fusion repos.
>>
>>116294254
Nevermind, it looks like Ubuntu is just shit.

Fedora has it in RPM Fusion, and it's not too far behind. Opensuse is also up to date. Gentoo should be as well.
>>
>>116282097
I'm pretty sure there's something in the settings you need to turn on to make it actually work, even if you chose to install it.
I know that happened to me and once I turned it on it made a good difference
>>
>>116294428
Seems like Ubuntu has a PPA for mpv-git actually. I would assume it's a binary.
https://launchpad.net/~mc3man/+archive/ubuntu/mpv-tests
>>
>>116292597
I don't think you can fuck a penis anon
>>
>>116294293
RPM Fusion looks like it has 0.6.0, so that's better, but still missing a ton of bug fixes.

>>116294428
>Ubuntu is just shit.
Yeah, Ubuntu's mpv packaging is terrible. They actually shipped a broken version in 14.04. There is a decent PPA though >>116294584.

>Gentoo should be as well.
I heard there is some trouble with Gentoo's mpv packaging. The latest versions are "hardmasked," whatever that means. The mpv website lists Gentoo as outdated.

I don't think there's any reason not to just build from source though. mpv development moves really quickly and Git master is normally stable.
>>
But Coalgirls said that VLC is fine too
>>
Dont use any codec packs, and have never had rendering issues.

Honestly dont understand why people overwhelmingly say this is better than VLC. I did notice a difference in image quality though, MPC has that going for it.
>>
kcp and mpv. although mpv (or more specifically libass) has been giving me shit recently and segfaulting on certain fonts
>>
>>116297484
Sounds like a windows problem. Any specific example?
>>
>>116297600
It's actually on linux that its been doing it to me. Anime-Koi's Barakamon opening crashes every time, Commie's Nisemonogatari logo thing does it too. I think it was episode 7 of Yama no Susume (Commie) that crashed on a sign around 6 minutes in. There are others but those are the ones that I remember right now.

Pretty sure it's libass that's fucking up looking at stack trace and all.
>>
>>116297820
Are you running libass 0.12.0? They recently fixed a crash due to Commie bullshit.
>>
>>116297969
Ooh nope time for a yaourt -Syua
>>
File: DAUM_1.5.34321_-_screenshot.png (26KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
DAUM_1.5.34321_-_screenshot.png
26KB, 600x402px
>>116279314
DAUM Player.
>>
>>116297820
Just tried Anime-Koi's Barakamon opening and it worked perfectly fine for me. I'm using the latest mpv-git on Arch GNU/Linux.
>>
CCCP or KCP?
>>
>>116298311
mpv
>>
>>116298435
why
>>
So I switched to CCCP and I'm getting a weird burn in effect. Anyone know what's up or how to fix it?
>>
>>116298569
DirectShow is deprecated.
>>
>>116298569
Less harmful practice
>>
File: 1407344856567.gif (125KB, 292x219px) Image search: [Google]
1407344856567.gif
125KB, 292x219px
mpv on Windows and Linux.

>mfw I stream Crunchyroll with mpv and the quality is great
>>
>>116281218
I actually had this problem when i tried to watch SYD in MPC. It didn't do it in VLC and this is the only time i ran into this.
>>
I use
madvr, LAV video/audio/splitter, and xysubfoltr.

What algorithms do you use?
I have chroma-jinc 3
image up-jinc 3
image down-catmull
>>
>>116299102
>>116299124
>harmful
>deprecated

Back to >>>/g/ with you.
Libass is the only reason I don't fully support mpv. Certain signs still don't render correctly, and some laughably so (one particular Nisemonogatari sign from a 2012 release is supposed to be drawn over the Japanese text, but both are superimposed on top of each other, and certain Jinsei typesetting doesn't get rendered at all as libass "gracefully fails".)

And yes, I'm using libass 0.12.0, mpv-git (daily update) and ffmpeg-git (weekly update).
>>
>>116299365
The last time I had a libass problem was when Daiz fucked up the typesetting on that one KLK episode. Otherwise, it's perfectly fine outside of a few special cases.
>>
>>116299365
You're kind of missing the point then. This is why you should "fully support" mpv. libass is an excellent project. All other attempts to reimplement VSFilter are dead, but libass is still going strong. The problem is, ASS is a terrible format. It's badly designed all the way down and it's so scarcely documented, I'm not sure why they bothered at all. VSFilter and VSFilter based projects are the only ones to ever implement ASS correctly, which is a terrible track record for a file format. If you want to support ASS, you basically have to fork VSFilter, which you can only do on Windows.

Fansubbers are part of the problem, since the fansubbing cartel are massive winfaggots. It's easy to test your typesetting in libass with Aegisub, but fansubbers are too lazy to do it, hence their subs are buggy on anything that isn't a Windows desktop PC. The only way this problem can be solved is if mpv gets a bigger market share, so typesetters are forced to test with libass.

It's also a good idea for Windows users to switch to mpv because DirectShow is actually deprecated by Microsoft in favour of Media Foundation, and also because all DirectShow does these days is add unnecessary overhead, since pluggable codecs are a thing of the past now that LAV does everything.
>>
is xysubfilter and all that shit really worth downloading? is it that much better than a normal subtitle renderer or whatever?
>>
I use KCP and boosted the sound a bit.
But i noticed the sound tapers off while i am watching and when i pause and unpause or scrub through something the volume increases
Anyone else experiencing that?
>>
>COM Surrogate has stopped working

has anyone else experienced this? did it like 3 times in the middle of mp4 playback, and didnt affect the watching it just kept popping up, only for that video and it never reappeared.
>>
File: wmp vs kcp vs mpv2.jpg (924KB, 781x1383px) Image search: [Google]
wmp vs kcp vs mpv2.jpg
924KB, 781x1383px
kek
>>
>>116301253
proof that it's all just placebo
>>
>>116301516
Are you blind and retarded?
>>116301253
Look how oversaturated and aliased wmp is, absolutely terrible.
The difference between the other two is a lot more negligible but the MPC shot is slightly less sharpened, look at the shine marks on the hair.
>>
>>116301658
>MPC shot is slightly less sharpened
And noticeably paler too
Install mpv now
>>
>>116289344
no, even with the autism settings there is no difference (comparing with opengl-hq). The High deband strength actually blurs the image
>>
>>116301253
now add vlc onto there
>>
>>116301749
But he's using pleb kcp instead of doing it himself, the absolute patrician video player way.
Thread posts: 281
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.