[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck people even talk about rules in Nasuverse when Nasu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: 35992366.jpg (400KB, 646x700px) Image search: [Google]
35992366.jpg
400KB, 646x700px
Why the fuck people even talk about rules in Nasuverse when Nasu and co just bend them the way the plot demands?
>>
>>114340952
Pointless and endless powerlevel threads.
>>
>>114340952
I don't know but that's what pissed me off throughout Tsukihime. Arcueid's power level was never consistent, Shiki's eyes were never consistent. Even within a single fight - first Nrvnqsr has no lines at all, then he suddenly has hundreds of dots for each beast which must be killed, but then suddenly he just has one dot for instantly killing everything.
>>
>>114340952

still more consistent than /co/verses
>>
>>114340952
You're confusing it with index universe, that's an asspull and bad writing
>>
>>114340952
Name some examples, I am curious.
>>
>>114341507
>first Nrvnqsr has no lines at all
Shiki's eyes level's up as he forces himself to understand the concept of death on something while accessing the records. This is a bad thing as well, as forcing him to understand death on something will blow out his brain very easily if he forces it, and he'll go brain-dead.

>then he suddenly has hundreds of dots for each beast which must be killed
He forced himself to see the dots and lines, he was near death anyway so he decides to go ahead and force himself to comprehend something he wasn't supposed to be able to see. Doing this shortens his life. In Tsukihime 2 he has to wear a burial shroud on his face in order to cancel out his eyes as much as possible after the glasses are no longer effective since he keeps leveling up his eyes, but even now he can still see the lines all the time.

It's noted there's no way he'll stay sane for long if he's always seeing them.

>but then suddenly he just has one dot for instantly killing everything.

The dot is different from the lines, more advanced. The lines force an object to break down, but the dot causes something to fall to ruin instantly all around, to reach it's point of death. Arc explained a few conversations prior how this worked.

When he "one-dotted" Nero he did something which no one else could really do. Normally people need the power to destroy an entire continent to kill Nero, but Shiki went in and killed the root soul holding all 666 souls together. He killed the magus who at one point was Nero Chaos, and thus it all came undone at once, as the central pillar was removed.

It was the same in the last thread, people are quick to call something bullshit, not consistent, or not making sense when it's honestly explained and there are reasons for it all.

Arcuied's powerlessness during the story is also explained
>>
Most of "rule-bending" is unreliable narration, speculation on part of the characters and shit reading comprehension.
>>
>>114341666
Read the other thread Nero
>>
File: ataraxia.jpg (697KB, 1500x1422px) Image search: [Google]
ataraxia.jpg
697KB, 1500x1422px
Remember to thank angry manjew because he is the reason we got gilles and medusa.

I wonder if lancelot could've been summoned even without the grail being corrupted?
>>
>>114341857
Other thread?
>>
>>114341887
Yes. He was a true Heroic Spirit, just like Heracles. Both had compatibility with madness, so it's fine.
>>
>>114341935
There
>>114331069
>>
>>114341887
>I wonder if lancelot could've been summoned even without the grail being corrupted?
Why wouldn't he?`
>>
>>114341857
Lot of that isn't really as "Rule-Breaking" as people seem to think, as much as it's just people not agreeing with Nasu's verdict. Like "Nasu's a hack, there's no way Bazett is stronger than Shirou, he's servant tier, she's not even Ciel tier, he can trace servant abilities, this is bullshit and he doesn't know".

This isn't inconsistent or him forgetting, as much as people not accepting the answer.
>>
>>114342091
>he's servant tier
Only retarded fanboys say this
>>
>>114342091
It's people complaining because Nasu's answers don't make sense.
>>
>>114340952
ITT:Female Saber > Male Saber.
Discuss.
>>
>>114343638
You have shit taste, Male Saber has a better Noble Phantasm and is less angsty about his past. He's also hotter.
>>
>>114344136
>he's also hotter
Fujioshit please leave.
>>
>>114341666
Berserker's can only be cut by A rank weapons or more.
Shirou's projections are degraded by 1 rank.
Shirou's first projection in Fate allow him to cut Berserker's arm alone and then kill him 6 times with Saber.

How is that not a plot hole?
>>
As of Fate/Hollow Atarxia what are the servants gonna do with their lives now? Caster,Saber and Rider seem completely fine with their masters. I don't get why they still go by their code names when there's really no reason to hide it anymore.
>>
>>114341980
Because he was the negative symbol of the arturian legend.
>NTRed his king
>Killed his fellow knights for a wench
>>
>>114344297
>As of Fate/Hollow Atarxia what are the servants gonna do with their lives now?
Most likely they will now vanish because the one acting as grail, Angra, is already gone.
>>
>>114343638
Arthur killed a Divine Beast Sphinx by using Invisible Air as a buzzsaw. Also EX Excalibur.
>>
>>114344276
That's not a plot hole, because we don't know if it was Broken Phantasm'd, nor if Caliburn had some conceptual ability such as "killing the target seven times over". If Nasu flat-out gave us an NP Sheet for Caliburn, and it didn't include either an A++ rank or some weird conceptual effect, then we could call "plothole", but he didn't so we can't.
>>
>>114345749
I thought servants could still live by getting mana isn't that how Gil lived even after the grail was destroyed?
>>
>>114345914
He's incarnated by the mud, so he doesn't need to be sustained on the Grail System.
>>
File: 1394083547850.jpg (201KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1394083547850.jpg
201KB, 620x620px
>>114345914
Servants can still live by receiving mana, but Gil has a physical body from bathing in grail mud, so he's just set. The orphan mana is for his Noble Phantasms.
>>
I just finished watching Fate/Zero and I have some questions or things that need clarification.
Surely by now there must be some sort of FAQ for this series seeing how many questions still get asked.
Is there something like this where I can read up on some stuff?
>>
>>114346142
Actually there's this great VN you can read called Fate/Stay Night. Fuck off.
>>
>>114346142
Yes, it's called "Fate/Stay Night".
>>
>>114346090
>Servants can still live by receiving mana.

Not quite. To stay "alive," a Servants needs the prana to keep them going, but they also need an anchor to the world. That's the main point of the Master, above the prana backup; they anchor the Servant who shouldn't be in the world to the world. That's why the "summoning" done primarily by the Grail is closer to a binding.

For someone incarnated like Gil, like you said he got a physical body from the mud, so he doesn't need a new anchor. His body's become its own anchor. A non-incarnated Servant though can't survive forever without a Master, even if they solve the prana issue, because they don't have an anchor.
>>
>>114346142
It's called Boku no DDD.
>>
>>114345829
>Broken Phantasm'd,
Shirou doesn't have that ability, also the narration has no indication of it.
And Caliburn is supposed to be a decorative sword, there is no fucking way it's at the level of Excalibur.
It's a plot-hole, stop being so desperate.
>>
File: 1402385387396.jpg (75KB, 550x450px) Image search: [Google]
1402385387396.jpg
75KB, 550x450px
>>114346207
I was just giving a brief explanation, but you're right. Thanks for the correction. Generally the master is where they're getting their prana from anyway, though I suppose there are cases like FSN caster receiving it primarily from draining the area rather than from Kuzuki.
>>
>>114346090
>>114346207
Oh their screwed ? Sucks for Saber,Rider and Caster those three seemed the happiest living in the modern world.
>>
>>114346379
I wonder if assassin would be a bro.

I can't help but feel that spending time with him would get tiring real fast after he's done with his parlor tricks.
>>
File: caliburn.jpg (148KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
caliburn.jpg
148KB, 800x600px
>>114346354
It's not specified.

Anyone can Broken Phantasm an NP. Saber, EMIYA, even Shirou if he has the prana. He personally doesn't have it, but Saber sure as hell does. That'd be enough to get it into A rank territory.

>there is no fucking way it's at the level of Excalibur

Could be a conceptual effect of Caliburn's. There are plenty of those.

I'm not arguing that it's not stupid/annoying as hell and a poor decision on Nasu's part, but you can't call it a plothole when we don't know if it directly contradicts mechanics or not.

EMIYA shouldn't have been able to kill Herc 6 times, because one or two Broken Phantasms is probably the max for what he can accomplish, but we can't call that a plothole either because we don't fucking know what bullshit he pulled in the fight, and if there's anything consistent in the Nasuverse it's that loopholes are everywhere.

It's dumb, it's plot-centric, it's illogical, but we don't have the info to call it a plothole.
>>
>>114346751
Well with EMIYA, Bellerophon was confirmed as being capable of killing Herc 2-3 times, so I guess if he traced two A+ NPs and then Broken Phantasm'd them both that it'd be sufficient.

That hardly seems to match up with Ilya's remarks on the events though. Also in UBW, him firing BP Caladbolg at Medea, which is probably A+ because it's Galantine's prototype, drained him of nearly all his prana, so doing something like that twice is dubious.
>>
>>114346751
>Saber sure as hell does
Except Shirou manages to cut Berserker's arm BEFORE giving it to Saber, he did it alone

And yeah it's a plot hole when something goes against a rule that has been determine and established.
That rule being that Berserker can only be hurt by rank A weapons and that Shirou/Archer can only project weapons that are degraded by one rank.
That's exactly what a plot hole is
>>
>>114346585
Yeah, that's why caster doesn't want to help shirou and also why kuzuki gave caster a little "push" at the end.
>>
>>114346207
Aren't they just simulations made by avenger to populate a pocket dimension inside Bazett's head?
>>
>>114346354
The term you're looking for is asspull.
>>
>>114340952
Because autists like to pretend they're smart.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.