Date A Live Volume 11 Thread!
>We will never find out anything about Phantom
Also Origami Deito soon!
Previous thread: >>114118239
>It's just a cover.
>The table of contents
Origami gets too much special treatment. When was the last time any of the girls got a colored pic when they were sealed?
The only other coloured illustration in the middle of a volume is this one to my knowledge
>kisses outside of said girls arc
>Never kissed outside her arc.
This happens during their Deito. Since original Origami is inside moeblob, moeblob randomly starts acting lewd (putting on dog mizugi getup, buying aphrodisiacs, licking Shidou's spoon), outside of her control. Hence why she's flustered.
A literal 'my body's moving on its own' if you will.
>Wow she looks like that girl from Neptune.
- When Shidou is back at home, Kotori in black ribbon commander mode is waiting for him with a Chupa Chups in her mouth alongside with <Ratatoskr>'s Analysis Officer Murasame Reine who is already ready the terminal in her hands.
"Could you now explain meaning of the call in the morning to us, Shidou?"
- Kotori stared at Shidou. Shidou knew the reason of her stare — it is about Origami. When Shidou noticed Reine, he answered,
"R-Reine-san is also here."
"…Un, think of me as a secretary. If you don't want me here I will leave."
"N-no, it's okay."
- Shidou scratched his cheek. Since there are only three people in Itsuka house right now, the two must have told Tohka, Yoshino and other spirits to wait in the mansion. They have completely ready themselves for Shidou's questioning.
"Let's start, Shidou."
- Kotori nodded to Shidou to urge him. Shidou still hesitated to speak even though he is overwhelmed by the mood in the room. Shidou did said he will explain everything in exchange for <Ratatoskr>'s cooperation in the morning, however, he was not sure how to start when he actually have to do it. Noticing that, Kotori then snorted at him with a disgruntled looks.
"…Hmp. You still don't intend to talk even now? Or are you worrying that I could not understand what you're going to say? So I looked that unreliable as a commander from your eyes?"
"No, that's not what I meant."
- Shidou shook his head. Kotori pouted a little and continue with a small voice,
"…It's okay to depend on me… onii-chan."
- Shidou widen his eyes at her words and scratched his head. Shidou let out a breath and continued,
"…You're right. I'm sorry, Kotori."
It's like you don't remember last time.
Or the time before that.
- Shidou said in a tone as if he is criticizing himself and lowered his head to Kotori. — Shidou then realized there is no reason for him to worry. The girl in front of him is far smarter and a lot tougher than Shidou.
"It may be a weird story, but my stories are all true. — Will you listen?"
- Kotori brighten her expression for a second before she changed her expression to that of her command mode. Kotori nodded to him,
- Shidou make a wry smile and started explaining. That Origami was his acquaintance. That Origami has turned into a spirit, and became Inversed, destroying the town. In order to prevent that, Kurumi send Shidou back five years ago in the past. Shidou saved Origami's parents and changed the history.
- However, even in this world, Origami has also turned into a spirit named <Devil>. It took about 15 minutes for Shidou to explain everything he saw to Kotori and Reine.
"Well, something among that line."
- Kotori groaned a little before she make a small nod to him.
"— Rewriting the world…. I see, so your weird behavior from yesterday is because of this."
- Kotori said and put her hand on her chin,
"Well, I will believe you. I can't find any reason for you to lie to me, and before that —"
- Kotori looked at Reine. Reine let out her voice and started operating the terminal in her hands then turned the screen to Shidou and Kotori's direction.
- Shidou choked at what displayed on the screen. It was a picture of Inverse Origami on the rooftop of the school building. Shidou and Kurumi are also in the corner of the photo. It was the occurrence before Shidou came back home,
"This is —"
"Yes. It's a video we took from the autonomic camera… We flown few autonomic cameras to gather information about Tobiichi Origami, but never thought we'd gain something as decisive as this."
We have a summary here now. Obviously she doesn't revert back to having short hair or anything. Rather it's dormant personality of Origami that's coming out in the inverse. It may be something along the lines of inverse spirits being unaffected by the timeline changes.
>inverse spirits being unaffected by the timeline changes
Well, that's a dumb explanation, almost as bad as the "Origami magically learned how to use the angel" thing in volume 10.
I don't know if it's true or not, just speculating. It might work since inverses are supposed to the form in the "other dimension" (I don't remember the term used for it) and are therefore unaffected.
Time travel in general is unnecessarily convoluted.
- Kotori make a complicated looks and groaned,
"It's no doubt that Tobiichi Origami is <Devil>. But she don't realized it. …I asked Reine to analyze her parameters, but it doesn't seems like she was lying."
"Then, as I thought —"
"Yes. It is possible that Tobiichi Origami do not realized she became a spirit."
- Shidou gulped down his saliva at Kotori's words.
"Is that… even possible?"
"It is definitely a type we have never seen before… but we can't deny the possibility since there is now an example before us. I have no slight idea why it happened though."
- When Kotori said that, Reine, who was manipulating her terminal, let out a small breath while rubbing her chin then continued,
"…Can I have a second?"
"Un, what is it, Reine?"
"…Un, this is just my theory, or could I say, my reasoning. There is one thing that bugged me when I heard Shin's story."
"Something that bugged you…?"
- Reine nodded to him and continued,
"…Right. Shin has succeeded in rewriting the world, and nobody could remembered anything of the original world. Is that right?"
"Yes. The only two persons who could remembered the original world is me and Kurumi."
"…That's what bugged me."
- Reine hold up her finger when Shidou inclined his head.
"…I wondered why only you and Kurumi have memories of the original world. In case of Kurumi, maybe because it was her power, but I don't have any idea in Shin's case."
- Shidou then realized it is as Reine said. Shidou thought it was because he is the one who changed the world at first, however, Shidou right now is supposed to be Shidou who lived in this world up until now. There is no clear reason why he do not have memories of the current world yet still have memories of the original world.
"…It could be possibly that there are conditions for one to retain memories of the original world."
"Conditions… what are they?"
> almost as bad as the "Origami magically learned how to use the angel" thing in volume 10.
If you're going to complain about that, you might as well complain about Shidou using Spirit powers with only a bit of advice from Tohka.
There's also that whole bit about Phantom can't let Shidou to know what he is until she is sure about his condition in the future. I'm sure this and Ratatoskr being against the idea of Shidou using angels are linked somehow.
>When Kotori quietly closed her eyes partly, Woodman released his voice as if he was groaning.
>“………I’m sorry to have pushed such a detestable role to you”
>“No, there is no choice……....from now on, if the worst case happened”
>And then, Kotori made a small nod before releasing her words.
>“-----I will kill Shidou”
Why would they want to kill Shidou? It's not like he's a danger.
Everybody has their own goals apparently and Ratotoskr might not like some of Shidou's actions in the future. They might even want to get rid of him, leading to >>114162539
So how does
> you only need concentration to use Metatron
Not make sense?
Also, Origami is familiar with the use of Realizers, which are based on Spirit powers, so that may have helped as well. Not to mention that Kotori had minimal experience using her Spirit powers as she was sealed right after becoming one but once unsealed had no trouble with it, even being able to cause a spacequake in just the right way to cancel out Kurumi's.
I haven't been in a DaL thread since season 1.
Is Origami finally best girl now?