[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make this not look like total trash?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Lambda1_VP8.webm (713KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lambda1_VP8.webm
713KB, 1080x720px
How do I make this not look like total trash?
>>
>>541906
by looking at more logo intro references. you gotta change so many shit in there that I don't even know where to begin.
>>
>>541906
Make parts of the logo move too at least.
>>
increase the light strengh
>>
10000 man hours of 3D practice

To make a comparison you're a man who kicked a can quite far, asking what more do you need to do to get a satellite on orbit
>>
- use light and/or textures to create gradients. cmon man this is flat grey/black

-pull the background farther back, so that i cant see the shadow before the actual letter assembled itself. ruins the "surprise"

-let the animation run longer, it goes halfway through and then skips to the finished image

-speaking of which, did you actually use a 2d image for the final shot? duuude. use lights and raise their strength slowly. so, animation runs until you can see the complete lambda from the top(like in your final image), then the ight slowly turns on

report back ITT buddy
>>
have a real close up to one of the pieces so you can see the light reflect off of the reflection texture you spent so much time on.
>>
Moving around the camera a lot is jarring... but, that said, I wouldn't worry about the camera at all at first.

One of the best pieces of advice I got while learning all this shit is making sure you know the purpose/intent of each shot, and then asking if what you have shot, achieved that purpose.

So from what I can tell from your video:
>The logo is the focus of the video
>You want to show the logo assembling
>You want the final shot to be the full logo

The last shot in your video obviously achieves that, but does the first part; I don't think it does.

I would take the camera, remove all animation & put it in a position where you can see the entire animation play out. It may be boring, but it achieves your goal.

THEN try adding in a camera move. Does it still work? Does the camera move obscure the logo? If you were somebody who had never seen your project and was looking at the video, would you find it hard to watch or confusing?

Ask yourself these kinds of questions always. As corny as this sounds, you are always telling a story with animation. It's better to be boring but concise is what I'm trying to say. You'll get more interesting with time.
>>
>>541932
That "shadow" is actually a flat version of the lambda which is supposed to cast the green light behind the shot after it "assembled". So no, the last part isnt a 2d picture.

>>541949
Will try this, thanks
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.