[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Double Barrel Shotgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Sin título.png (473KB, 674x416px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
473KB, 674x416px
I'm basically noob and I use 3ds max 14. Any tips on how to model this round part on the barrel? It's not totally spherical as you can see, so I need to give it that "hammered" look. Any technique on doing that?
>>
sharing the video if anybody want to give it a closer look
https://youtu.be/FrtBEi1csOA
>>
>>511730
Kind of rough, but my method for this is extruding out a face there and then go on to round it out, pretty simple
>>
File: thing2.png (620KB, 1730x1730px) Image search: [Google]
thing2.png
620KB, 1730x1730px
I dont know that much about hard surface but I gave it a go. WIth a bit of tweaking it could get there.
>>
>>511763
How does Blender manage to make wireframes look so hideous? I think it has something to do with the colour and the dots where verts are.
>>
File: user preferences.png (152KB, 1428x719px) Image search: [Google]
user preferences.png
152KB, 1428x719px
>>511766

You can change everything however you want.

>why do I even fall for the bait? thread will derail in "blender is a shit! SHIT!"
>>
>>511767
The VERTS ain't look right man, the VERTS ain't look right. I can't use this!
>>
>>511767
> lets derail it into another direction.
I am a Cinema4D user, and what i really like about Blender and Verts is that i don't have to select them EXACTLY like in C4d.
C4d demands pixel precision. Blender cleverly takes the nearest vert.
Therefore: Blender Verts> C4D's Verts
>>
>>511763
ill go out of my way despite this being accurate shitters nowdays can't model guns without having 20k polygons in them, part of modeling is to also do optimization where needed
>>
>>511882
what is high poly to low poly workflow and baking normals
>>
>>511886
then you will have to model the gun twice which is stupid, you can simply leave areas that very high amount of detail and make the normal map yourself
>>
>>511888

>then you will have to model the gun twice which is stupid, you can simply leave areas that very high amount of detail and make the normal map yourself

You obviously dont have a clue or just want to bait or both. Normal maps are not only screws, pins and stamps that you "simply" can "make yourself", how you describe it.
>>
>>511767
He has a valid point, why does the wireframe look like shiiiiieeeet
>>
File: gun part.jpg (151KB, 1621x1093px) Image search: [Google]
gun part.jpg
151KB, 1621x1093px
Half an hour in zbrush. I really need to practice hard surface.
>>
>>511918
You can tell just from the jagged, wonky edges/corners that this isn't useful in any way. If you're going to ignore topology you may as well just use booleans to create it and at least have the exact shapes you want.
>>
>>511888
You don't model the gun twice in a high to low poly workflow lol you just reduce the poly count
>>
>>511943
What the fuck are you talking about? The majority of high to low poly workflows involve quad drawing over a high poly mesh. Nobody takes the topology of a sculpt and reduces that, because that topology is useless.
You very much do model the gun twice, but the low poly model has a guide, so it takes far less time.
>>
>>511939
Booleans is something ZBrush is great at, the problem is this person is still learning to do it. ZBrush can be a great tool for experimenting with designs in an environment not restricted by topology. Then simply creating your topo more easily overtop and baking your maps.

>>511944
He's mainly talking about the lumpiness of the forms on that model, pretty sure. Most of the flat surfaces are not even flat.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.