[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'M SO SICK OF PEOPLE TELLING ME I SUCK AT DRAWING. I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1437287107059.gif (1MB, 828x828px) Image search: [Google]
1437287107059.gif
1MB, 828x828px
I'M SO SICK OF PEOPLE TELLING ME I SUCK AT DRAWING.

I know this isn't ic, but I want some dvd or course about sculpting anatomy in zbrush.

What would you recommend?
>>
>>509997
If you cant draw your only hope is to learn to sculpt clay irl and even then you'll come back to "why did it turn out so bad?" desu
>>
>>509999
I can draw but I'm not that good acording to ic.
>>
>>510000
then you must be really bad. Mind posting some wip?
>>
File: Scan9.png (919KB, 975x1394px) Image search: [Google]
Scan9.png
919KB, 975x1394px
>>510004
>>
>>510007
anything finished?
>>
>>510000
>>510007

Draw realistic

>but but I only want to make waifus

It doesnt matter, learn to draw real life people.
>>
>>510012
You dont have to draw people, or people from real life. In fact its much better if you start drawing objects and mannequins
>>
>>509997
You have come to the right board OP.
People who cant draw, go straight to 3D
>>
>>510000
>>510007
you are alright
I need some more though, to judge you consistency and variety.
>>
>>510011
well, nothing that isn't months old.

>>510012
that's why I want to learn to do that shit realistically.

I want to know about some zbrush anatomy course because that will allow me to think more about the anatomy, rather than seeing some photo or drawing from an anatomy book.
>>
>>510007
looks ok - just ya know... good for like 2D, print graphics or web animation.
>>
lol don't go to this board half the people here will tell you you suck no matter how good your work is
>>
>>510007
>>509997

L O O M I S
O
O
M
I
S

Also that horrible linework. Seriously, study your fundamentals, pen only, whole Hampton, final destination.

regards, /ic/
>>
File: 1340728432303.jpg (33KB, 284x225px) Image search: [Google]
1340728432303.jpg
33KB, 284x225px
>>510007

Hardly the worst thing I've ever seen. Pose is actually pretty good, but...
>don't try to duck out of doing realistic human faces by going straight to manga-style...you'll miss out on a lot of subtlety in human expressions that would be helpful and applicable to manga, plus it's harder to get constructive criticism from drawfags
>forearms have a weird curve to them
>girl on left has a case of black girl ass, but maybe that's intentional
>pretty sure the proportions (length of arms, torsos,etc) are off, which is another benefit to human-style...the human head (and eye) is typically an artist's basis for proportions

Get a basic manual at the bookstore on human anatomy for artists. It doesn't have to be MUH LOOMIS, which is some litmus test drawfags throw at n00bs to intimidate them. Speaking of which...

>>510098
>Also that horrible linework.

>>/conceptart/, grandpa. Completely irrelevant...if someone handed me this pic and said they wanted me to model it, I could. The advice above is so OP can model it.
>>
Anime/manga is not where to learn to draw. The style is just that, a style. You need to learn the rules before you can break them with a style.

Young artists see the simplicity but don't get that it was chosen to look that way and not because they can't do anything else.

Look at the classic artists, I'd imagine you'll find someone you like, learn from them. They did.
>>
File: 304961.jpg (42KB, 318x428px) Image search: [Google]
304961.jpg
42KB, 318x428px
>>509997
I would recommend that you check out the Dynamic Anatomy series of books by Burne Hogarth: Dynamic Anatomy, Dynamic Figure Drawing, Drawing the Human Head, Drawing Dynamic Hands, Dynamic Wrinkles and Drapery, Dynamic Light and Shade.

Now please note, the STYLE of the drawings in these books are very wooden and dated looking, however, they are the gold standard for learning to think three dimensionally and draw with dynamism.

Glen Keane, former top animator at Walt Disney Feature Animation swears by them. Also, if you ever see the film Iron Giant, the name Hogarth Hughes is an homage to Burne Hogarth.
>>
File: 1453400814067.jpg (711KB, 1950x1394px) Image search: [Google]
1453400814067.jpg
711KB, 1950x1394px
>>509997
>>510007
I know you didn't ask for this, I'm still a Poo to the Loomis so I can't really say I know what I'm talking about, but you have exactly the same problem I'm having.
You don't follow your own guides, or don't even draw them, I don't know. You don't understand where the middle of things is. You can see that with your mouths and chins, it's also apparent by where you put the zippers (buttons?) on your clothes.
Studying body construction is helping me with this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.