[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone use lynda.com? Is it worth it? I have spare time and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

Anyone use lynda.com?
Is it worth it? I have spare time and money and want to git good with 3dsmax.
>>
Use the time to practice and the money for pizza.
>>
>>509901
I still have a lot to learn about 3ds max. I.e. maps textures and unwrapping are pretty much a mystery.
>>
>>509902
Not really
>>
>>509902
you just jave to un-wrap the boject and then later save the map as a jpeg or something
>>
>>509895

Lynda.com is one of the easiest places to find basic information about a piece of software. Use it to learn the basics (maps, textures and unwrapping all fit the bill) and then practice your ass off.

You can try it for 10 days free right now. Do that first. You might not even need to pay after, if all you wanna learn is Max.
>>
>>509932
Thanks.
>>
Pro tip: if you get a library card you can use it to access lynda for free.
>>
>>509958
Seriously!?
How?
That would be inconvenient but good to know
>>
>>509962
https://www.lynda.com/portal/patron?org=nypl.org
>>
>>509963
I am now worshiping you
>>
File: fuck.jpg (531KB, 1313x821px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
531KB, 1313x821px
Can i hijack this thread for a questions thread, instead of making a new thread? great.

I have some objects in Maya on non integer rotations, and i froze transformations a while ago thinking they were at 15/30/45 degrees. Anybody know of a way to return them to an integer rot. value?

>Pic related
>>
>>509895
use CGPeers
>>
>>509963
i tried it did not work
do i need to create an account?
>>
>>510002
just looked into it
only some librarys have it
i will buy a Charlotte mek card sub and still save money
>>
>>509986

Some people would rather not steal.
>>
>>509974
you can't if by "a while ago" you mean several history wipes.
>>
File: watamellone.png (19KB, 957x262px) Image search: [Google]
watamellone.png
19KB, 957x262px
>>509895
after 4+ hours i got this from lynda.com
>>
>>510058
using free trial then getting library card to get lynda for "free"
>>
>>510058
What a waste of perfectly good time
>>
>>510060

Are you the same guy going around in all threads and raging at anything ?
>>
>>510061
no
>>
OP get digital tutors if you gonna buy one of thous subscriptions. at least digital tutors teach you how to make decent stuff. lynda is a joke. if u have a lot of money, get gnomon or eat3d DvDs
>>
>>509895
It's good for low-mid level stuff
>>
>>510070

I hope they never fully integrate DT into the cancerous website of plurasight. Finding stuff over there is ass-backwards.
>>
>>510072
Why does everyone hate it?
>>
>>510070
Will try the eat3d vids when I start getting good thx
>>
>>509986
when is the registrations opened for its forums?
>>
>>510074

DT's website is so much more intuitive.

Also, change.
>>
>>510121
Holy shit
Digital toutors has so much
A little overwhelming
I will pay for them
But I will stick with Lynda.com for a few more days of free shit till I get my paycheck.
>>
>>510175
I am almost done with the lynda tutorials.
They helped me learn a few usefull trouble shooting fixes
And other basic things.
I got what I expected.
>>
Many local libraries offer Lynda.com access to their patrons, but not all. Check your local library and see if you can get it for free!
>>
>>510541
I checked closest is Charlotte Mecklenburg library i.e. not in my area code... long distance card cost money. But not nearly as much as paying for lynda
>>
>>509902
Wait until the 1st or 14th of a month and get a cgpeers
>>
>>511047

Thanks for reminding me, it's coming up.
>>
Google CGPeers and sign up. Get all the tutorials you could ever want for free via torrent. Try the lynda ones and if you like them, sign up
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.