[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I unlock /glebalexandrov/ mode?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (153KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 1400x788px
mayafag who also dabs in blender. im quite impressed by the guys work.

how can i get my own cgi up to par with his?

>inb4 practice

seriously, what lighting tricks and texturing tricks does he use?
>>
File: image.jpg (451KB, 940x1298px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
451KB, 940x1298px
>>
File: image.jpg (667KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
667KB, 1920x1080px
>>
The render they get from their 3D program of choice looks nowhere nearly as good as those pictures. Heavy compositing applied.
>>
>>509818
I found this very interesting:
http://www.blenderguru.com/articles/the-1-reason-your-render-looks-fake/
>>
>>509818
Try actually watching his videos.
>>
>>509848
I have, but it feels like even when I follow his tutorials, I get a different result
>>
>>509818

i fucking hate the way he talks
>>
>>510035
That's cause he is a slavshit
>>
>>509821
Is that supposed to be a criticism? Everyone does this, including the biggest names in CGI.

It's just easier and faster (human effort AND machine effort) to tweak things in post, rather than create simulations of fog or snow or tweak every light and every material when you can just tweak the color balance.

>in after "lmao post ur work kid!"
This shit is common sense.
>>
>>509897
That's because your core skills aren't quite there yet. It's not a criticism, it's just an observation, once you "git gud" you'll be able to fill in the gaps in lessons or information that aren't super polished the way say a for sale lecture / lessons series is going to be.
>>
>>510068
So how do I develop those core skills? Help me based /3/
>>
>>509818
let's see some work OP show us your best effort
>>
>>510100
>follow his tutorials
>follow other people's tutorials
>follow his tutorials again
>you understand something you didn't before
And repeat indefinitely until you're at his level

For the other people, Andrew Price is pretty popular and Cynicat pro has a really good pbr setup with cycles, I found him because Gleb himself recommended him on a video.
>>
>>510067

>Is that supposed to be a criticism?

No, I dont think so. Why do you think?
>>
>>510101
>>509818
>>510050
I'm also a slavshit, please link your work and I'll give you 20 hours of legit homework. But you're actually a pussy who just wants to complain and not actually trying to be legit.
>>
>>510067

He said "seriously, what lighting tricks and texturing tricks does he use"
Many, but most out of maya/blender.
>>
File: robot.png (3MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
robot.png
3MB, 2048x2048px
OP here, heres some of my work
>>
>>509821

This is for the most part untrue. The guy has scenes you can download. I remember downloading the ice scene and also a tree one but I can't find them, they're pretty tricky to find for some reason.

Take a look at the first few seconds of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYJCFP9CAMA

OPs image is pretty much all in-render except for the warm color toning he applied at the end.
>>
>>510158

You don't want to an hero anymore ?
>>
>>510158
is this supposed to be finished?
>>
>>510158
you should probably become an hero, your first plan was your best plan
>>
>>510158
the helmet looks damn good. the rest is nowhere near finished
>>
(Some obvious shit)
He have his on site with a lots of tuts about light building and rendering. Probably you should start here
www.creativeshrimp.com/
>>
Yeah, but what does he do for the world settings? It always seems like when he goes into rendered view, he has some fancy background?
>>
>>510204
Helmet is textured like garbage. Damage marks follow no theme.
Also has no sensor-like objects attached
>>
>>510103
>Why do you think?

Either it's a criticism, and therefore something that can be discussed, or a useless worthless observation from a person who should never ever post here ever again.

I was giving Anon the benefit of the doubt and hoping he was trying to start a discussion, rather than be a worthless pile of subhuman slime spouting his useless observation that "Heavy compositing applied".
>>
>>510158
Go become masterxeon1001's discipline

https://www.youtube.com/user/masterxeon1001
>>
>>510307
Shit, I meant to say "disciple" not discipline
>>
>>510286
It's called HDRI, and he has a video about it.
>>
I think what we are trying to crack here is how Gleb lights his scenes
>>
>>510486
This, although his modeling skills and node manipulation are also very good, but his lighting and use of HDRIs really pushes his work to the next level

He wrote a book specifically on Lighting
>>
>>510731

Don't know. The light looks quite diffuse while remaining dark shadows and bright highlights and interesting reflections.

Maybe he uses multible render layers with different light setups and then combines them, that's just my guess. If you learn about real photography and studio lightning and stuff that will also help.
>>
>>510736
Also take a look at HDI photography (it has nothing to do with hdris ) and how it is done. He probably also uses every post effect in the book like unsharp masking.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsharp_masking#
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.