[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I am wondering? What would be the best price for charging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 23718_orig.jpg (160KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
23718_orig.jpg
160KB, 1100x618px
Hey guys. I am wondering? What would be the best price for charging a less tha 2 weeks mid to high quality character model without face and just body?
>>
>>509455
I don't get it... why did you post a blank image?

and to answer you question, it depends, what format, what poly count, quads or tris, what's the topology like? Are your lines clean? Do you have ngons? Is it rigged, animated, textured?
>>
>>509456
Just a sculpt and retopo.
I worked with this small company back a year and a half ago. For 200 dollars without strict deadlines.
They want to present it to a major company.
They seem desperate. How much should I charge, since it is a business.
>>
>>509457
If they're desperate, charge them 2k a day
>>
>>509458
Not that desperate. But i am sure i could make it 600 easy. Is that worth it?
>>
i'm gonna hijack OP's thread for a moment and ask if there's any 3d modeller/art guy in here who's interested in making a game. we just need someone who can make a bunch of low-poly isometric tile art for game assets. anyways, i don't want to go into too much detail until i gauge some real interest from someone
>>
>>509479
OP here.
There would be more interest if you told us more. Is this paid gig? What type of game? Type of art? Realistic or hand painted? Etc. But usually some random anon poating theae usually ends up flop if it's unpaid.
>>
>>509481
well we were looking for someone who'd rather join the group as part of the game dev team and split profits. the game itself is probably gonna be sort of 2.5d low-poly. and i know how these things usually go so that's why i'm looking for people who actually want to complete a project. plus it would look good in your portfolio. anyway if you get around to reading this and you're still interested then you can contact me at [email protected]
>>
>>509505
how many people do you need?
>>
>>509510
well i don't think we'd need more than one designer but we could use another programmer
>>
>>509505
this offer is still on the table for anyone who's interested btw
>>
>>509505
>it would look good in your portfolio
That's never a good response.
>>
>>509505
So you want free art

Yea, fuck off
>>
>>509476
>Is that worth it?

Isn't that for you to decide (i.e. what your time is worth)? Just don't give them the next model until they pay you for the first
>>
>>509479
>>509505
>>509560
>>509564

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't a scam, just an over-eager idea guy.

You *can* get "free" work from artists but you NEED a functional game first filled with placeholders first.

>But they'll steal my idea!!!!!!

No one's going to steal your idea, ideas aren't unique, the execution of ideas are unique and you've already got x amount of lead time on anyone that would copy you (and they can't copy you 1:1 anyway, so it's irrelevant), EVERY game has clones and competition that's what makes for a genre.

Anyway the important part is YOU NEED A WORKING GAME WITH PLACEHOLDER SHIT, and ideally some sketches or descriptions of the setting and shit.
Once you've got those things, you can entice an amateur / entry level artist to make assets for you (or a medium level artist willing to take a risk for exposure).
>>
>>509505
>split profits
>complete a project
>it would look good in your portfolio

fuck off to craigslist
>>
I don't know, are you wondering OP?
>>
File: fupm.jpg (44KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fupm.jpg
44KB, 1440x1080px
>>509505
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.