[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any unity people here? Thoughts on my scene

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot (37).png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (37).png
2MB, 1366x768px
Had some free time so I made this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crZCi1crloc
What do you guys think? The main goal was to achieve as good looking environment as I could. Used 3ds max to make the assets. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of things to improve, but I'm happy how the end result came out.
>>
I like it. Fog, wind, all add to bring you into the environment. The large, defined shadows are nice, too.

What's your workflow like for the waving banners? Do you animate them in your program of choice and then import it all, as well as the textures?
>>
I dig it
id improve some of the textures and weaken the fuck out of the wind.
>>
Damn son, that looks amazing. Unfortunately I'm a scrub at 3DCG and can't offer any constructive criticism.
Hopefully I can do something like that some day.
>>
>>509351

Tried to make the cloth simulation in 3ds max. Took a shittone of time to figure out how to make it looping. Turns out I had to use motion mixer. But for some reason it was really buggy or I did something wrong so I couldn't export that animation to unity. So I ended up using the provided unity cloth
>>
>>509354

Thanks! I'm kind of surprised you guys like this
>>
>>509352
Really hate the texturing part. Although I learned a lot about UVW mapping making this. Still hate it though. I guess the wind gets annoying over time, but I tried to make it feel like the corridor is high up.
>>
Question; those cross-shaped windows have right angle edges, is that an intentional design choice? I myself might add a bevel, but it works if you're going for a hybrid 90's PC thing.
>>
>>509359
Sort of. I wanted to make those block edges look less blocky, deteriorated, pretty sure I had to use zbrush for this kind of thing, but I'm too lazy to learn it.
>>
Pretty dope. It's got a lot of atmosphere. The shadows at 53 are dick though.
>>
>>509349
Get a better mouselook script and more fluid character controller Op, that boxed unity one is just horrible and subtract from the presentation you're trying to make with it's jerky movement.
>>
>>509349
Use more turbulence in the dust particles floating in the light, it looks real windy outside so they should wisp about more.
>>
>>509349
quick qs:

where did you get the atmospheric sounds from?

What weather assets are you using?
>>
looking good. I'd add skeletal remains of archers and crap around there only because of those crossway-windows reminds me of old castle seige defense with archers, but thats just me.
>>
too many leaves blowing around in the outside storm
the tapestry/whatever shouldn't be blowing around *that* much, unless it's supposed to be a tornado or something

pretty nice otherwise
>>
>>509349

In general this looks very good. I especially like the textures one the cloth/banners.

If I were to offer a crit, it would be that shadows cast by flame tend to get very soft as they move away from the object casting them, much more quickly than most other types of light sources. Because of that, I think the shadows cast on the ground by the torch scones are a bit too sharp, and maybe the shadow cast on the roof by the chandelier as well.

Also, I don't know if this is possible in Unity, but it would be really cool if the particles caught in your light shafts reacted to you walking through them.

Again, very good work. I believe the scene. 9/10
>>
Just started with Unity myself, so I can't really give any constructive criticism on it, but it looks nice.

There's one thing about Unity in general that I want to know, though - Why do so many Unity games look so soft? They have that certain look to them that I personally wouldn't want in my own game. Anyone know?
>>
File: excalibait.png (137KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
excalibait.png
137KB, 1344x756px
>>509395

Go back to /agdg/ for this shit, please. We have enough bullshit of our own here.
>>
>>509349
Looks pretty decent
Audio more on the weak side
>>
You have 6 candles yet shadows are cast as if from a single light source.
Make the rock slit on the right use the same blocks as the rest of the wall, it looks weirdly out of place. Although I have no idea why someone wouldn't have a regular glass window or some way to close it if it snows in the area, seems like a recipe for wasting wood on heating.
>>
>>509364

Hmmmp. Never realized I could get a better mosue look script. I'll look in to that. The thing is that was not the default unity character controller. Now that I think about it, the default one would of worked way better than the current one.
>>
>>509373

Just googled those, it's a pain in the ass to look for them but I got what I wanted. The wind sound is from dota though.
>>
>>509392

Thanks. I used a simple plane mesh with a noise map for the light shafts so that wouldn't work. Although that could probably work with sun shaft script if tweaked properly, but that sounds like a shitton of work
>>
>>509446
>You have 6 candles yet shadows are cast as if from a single light source.

How can I make it look like it's from 6 sources without decreasing performance too much?
>>
>>509588
bake
>>
How long did that take you to make? Looks pretty dope mate
>>
>>509601
what if the shadows are moving? wouldn't it stop that from happening?
>>
>>509722
I took about a week, but I was learning how to do a lot of things half of the time.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.