[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/3/, how would I make this sports shorts material in blender?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: what material.png (347KB, 508x434px) Image search: [Google]
what material.png
347KB, 508x434px
/3/, how would I make this sports shorts material in blender? I've tried using a double glossy mixed with anisotropic shader but the material is close but isn't a match.

Any ideas?
>>
>>508068
Do you have a well lit scene? If you're just using a single lamp and World illumination you're not going to get a good result no matter how complex your material

I'd either keep playing with anistropic shader, or look at some Shaders on Blendswap
>>
File: output.jpg (330KB, 1915x1002px) Image search: [Google]
output.jpg
330KB, 1915x1002px
>>508069
I'm not sure the lighting is the issue
>>
>>508068
have you tried the Fresnel or Layer Weight node with those glossy nodes? Use them as the factor in a mix node.
>>
or work off of this base material

http://blendermada.com/materials/detail/17-satin/
>>
>>508068
I have no idea, but I would try using the Anisotropic shader along with a very fine fractal or woven bump map to dissipate the light a bit more in a realistic way.
>>
spandex ass material :^)
>>
Anyone have experience with lumenRT and sketchup?

Playing with Viz at the moment still on the fence about buying it.

Looking for a good RT renderer with good sketchup integration, mainly for short movies etc. I have tried unity and vue in the past, but vue was too much for what i wanted and unity was too messy with large urban areas from sketchup
>>
>>508075
Damn, why is this the first time I'm hearing of Blendermada?

The only thing I ever found when I searched for a material library was some shitty deprecated add-on with a bunch of really simple, and thus worthless, materials
>>
I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt a special material but relied on an ultra high res normal map that actually gave the surface of spandex.
>>
>>508131
that's what I was thinking.
>>
anisotropic reflection material
>>
>>508068
Not familiar with blender, but you have material libraries, right? There should be a satined metal preset, just take that one and turn reflections down to zero.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.