[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /3/! Sorry if this is such a dumb question, But I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hey /3/! Sorry if this is such a dumb question, But I don't know much about 3d model making.
Is it possible to make a 2d or 2d like model (That has bones to make it poseable) for use in sfm? And if so, how would you make something like that?
I'm asking because I want to make a short animation in the style of the Paper Mario games (2d characters with 3d backgrounds).
>>
image files with alpha channel/transparency
>>
yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vY7waCP0aA
>>
>>506866
I don't see how you can make a 2D model with bone system.
But you can make a 2D like render of your 3D model.
You should make the animation in 3D and then render your characters in 2D style with the outlines and your background in 3D style.
Then put them together.
This is what I think you should do, just google how to do it. Good luck! :)
>>
>>506887
Of course you can, not only that, you can make it with bilboards that flip direction to the camera, so whenever you're looking at it. I don't know if it can work in sfm out of the box, but it's certainly doable in 3d and probably in blender.
>>
>>506887
It's no different than envolpoing anything else. It's just that all your vertices share a z value.
>>
>>506887
South Park is all animated on 3D planes in Maya. It's not hard to do. You just create your 2D drawing, apply it as a texture to a flat 3D mesh, and rig that mesh.
>>
>>506866

The key word you'rd looking for is "Texture Atlas". This concept involves creating a single image with all the different body parts separated. these parts are then mapped to plane objects in ur 3d editor of choice. so you just animate the planes as if you're animating an armature, bing bang boom, mission accomplished. Unity has an asset called the corgi engine that does this (very efficient). Flash and whatever iPhone programmers use can download Dragon bones, which does the same thing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.