[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm trying to create basic objects for a game making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Tiling.jpg (66KB, 1140x325px) Image search: [Google]
Tiling.jpg
66KB, 1140x325px
So I'm trying to create basic objects for a game making tutorial in C4D (left), and import it into Unity (Right), but I can't find any way to get Unity to understand the tiling that I want.

I tried to export an FBX from C4D to Unity, but the tiling just won't do the shit it's supposed to in Unity.

I don't want to have to UV map an object like this either, because I want precision, and from my experience with Bodypaint so far, it's a wibbly wobbly trainwreck that's only acceptable for more organic models.
>>
Alright, so I did get it to import properly by exporting a .dae instead.

Any downsides to using different 3D files?
>>
>>506473
collada was designed to transfer a whole scene's worth of data. If it looks fine on the other end of the import then I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: Nevermind.jpg (23KB, 624x430px) Image search: [Google]
Nevermind.jpg
23KB, 624x430px
It worked for a while, but now it does this.

I don't know why this of all things has to be so fucking hard to do.
>>
>>506497
Just UV unrwap it ffs
>>
>>506528

Again, because it makes a wibbly wobbly mess. I want it to be perfectly aligned, and I can't get that result by UV unwrapping, at least as far as I know. I can't snap anything in either Bodypaint (the C4D UV mapping tool) or Photoshop, so I can only get that imprecise look that all these tutorials go for, for some reason. My OCD does not allow that.

There should be a way to do this, I mean it's a game engine. Preferably you wouldn't have redundant texture files floating around, and you should tile textures whenever you can, if I've understood it correctly.

But how do I get the tiling information over from C4D to Unity? It seems like it is there, but the texture doesn't tile anyway.
>>
I want to note that I'm doing it in a separate program because there's apparently no way to properly tile all 6 sides of a cube in Unity. I can only get it to tile properly on 4 sides at a time, and the last one will be wrong, because I can't seem to simply select a couple of sides at a time and tile those, then go to the next couple of sides and tile them.

I could do this in Valve's Hammer Editor way back in 2006, so why I can't do it nearly as problem-free in Unity in 2015 is beyond me. If I didn't have to use a separate program for this, I wouldn't.
>>
File: Next shit that doesn't work.jpg (31KB, 389x301px) Image search: [Google]
Next shit that doesn't work.jpg
31KB, 389x301px
Alright, so I figured out that because the texture I was given was a PNG, Unity assumed it was a sprite, and I had to go into the image itself and change it to texture, THEN I could get it to repeat.

So half way done. Now it's these little shits that don't work. I did the same thing, but with 3 separate cubic projections, because everything else stretched the texture in retarded ways, since it doesn't understand a 45 degree angle, I guess. Looks fine in C4D even though I had to set the amount of tiles to 800 instead of 8.

But Unity just shows it blank, or insanely stretched out so that I can only see a single color of the texture.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.