[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a program that automatically compiles .smd to .mdl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (41KB, 539x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 539x371px
I remember there was a program called "Source MDL compiler" and it was a web based service. It would turn .smd files straight to .mdl files ready for Source and would even generate .vmt and .qc files. There was no effort needed.
Now I have no idea where it went because the web domain was bought out. So either I need to find its relocation, assuming it is still around, or find an alternative that does pretty much the same.
>>
>>506098
Just use Crowbar.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CrowbarTool
>>
>>506099
But I don't want to make .qc files
>>
>>506102
You don't have to...
>>
>>506105
Crowbar requires one, doesn't it?
>>
>>506119
They're not that hard to make desu.
If you're using 3DS Max, Maya or Softimage though, I believe they have some plugins that can export a QC file for you and all the other bits needed.
>>
>>506127
>implying Max isn't kill
Tbh baka senpai

I know qc's aren't that hard to make, but they are generally time consuming and they really hinder an artist's ability to export so many props.

Hence why I want something that generates .qc's automatically. Something that isn't restricted to one software.
>>
>>506230
Then script your own tools to do it scrublord. You need to create a tool that can parse your FBX file and read the bones, mesh and material list and generate the appropriate QC for it. Such a tool doesn't exist. That's why you have to use software specific addons, where scripting such operations is simpler.
>>
>>506098
I was the one who written that web based compiler. To find a thread on /3/ of all places about it all these years later.

Sorry to say but it's gone for good. Had too many problems maintaining it and it never really worked right anyway. I closed the domain like 3 years ago. I was thinking about making it just generate the QC script but never got around it because life.

If you know PHP and a little ASP.NET then you could host your own server. I still have the scripts but it requires some messy setup on a server running both a Windows ASP and Linux PHP environment. I don't mind giving it out if anyone wants it. The QC generate part could easily be hacked out of it.
>>
>>506098
>q
>>
Use wallworm for 3ds max its so fuckin ez this way its not even fair
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.